Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iverron
May 13, 2012

The Management posted:

not caring is the best. try to enjoy it

we had a client practically screaming on a call yesterday (frequent occurrence as our client management strategy resembles that of the worst parenting techniques imaginable) and I can confirm: not caring rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
about to sign for a 3500/mo house without ever touring the dang thing because no corporate housing will take my pit bull. rip my lifestyle.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

cis autodrag posted:

about to sign for a 3500/mo house without ever touring the dang thing because no corporate housing will take my pit bull. rip my lifestyle.

hopefully it exists :ohdear:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

cis autodrag posted:

lol

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

cis autodrag posted:

having a pet in a major city is a huge liability. this is not really a new thing.

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

immigration lawyer needs to respond to my emails faster. I mean I expect a gotterdamurung of paperwork but I was hoping the law firm handling things would be helpful in figuring it all out

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

cis autodrag posted:

~welcome to the bay, enjoy your stay~

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

lol

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
i poo poo you not, the relocation agent asked "could you, like, put him in a shelter? that would make it easier."

ya just let me callously discard my adorable pet who i raised from a stray puppy. i knew having dogs was gonna make it harder but that's just the tradeoff you make to have adorable snuggly friends who cuddle with you when you're home sick.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

are you familiar with the concept of the dog resume? that's an actual thing out here

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

i know a guy who earns six figgies by walking rich people's dogs around all day

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

qhat posted:

i know a guy who earns six figgies by walking rich people's dogs around all day

if you got out more during the day you could probably meet more of them

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I get out lots, in fact, which is how I know a guy who earns six figgies by walking rich people's dogs around all day

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

qirex posted:

are you familiar with the concept of the dog resume? that's an actual thing out here

oh my god.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

dont worry, the spca will happily provide you a template

quote:

• Mention anything about your pet's age, activity level, and/or breed traits that help make your dog or cat a "good tenant".

quote:

If you have more than one cat, let the landlord know how well your pets get along and keep each other company while you are away.

quote:

If you have an active dog, explain how you fulfill his/her exercise requirements.

quote:

• Describe your arrangements for your pet when you go to work or on vacation.

quote:

In addition to your pet's resume, you may also want to attach reference letters from current and previous landlords and/or neighbors

better hope your previous landlord won't black ball you and fail to give you a reference

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jun 15, 2017

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
furriculum vitae

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
this is San Francisco being San Francisco. the rest of the bay doesn't do this poo poo.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

The Management posted:

this is San Francisco being San Francisco. the rest of the bay doesn't do this poo poo.

love letters to home sellers?

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Dislike button posted:

furriculum vitae

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

AnoHito posted:

having a pet in a major city is a huge liability. this is not really a new thing.
Nothing in Silicon Valley is a "major city" and that's the entire problem.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

ShadowHawk posted:

Nothing in Silicon Valley is a "major city" and that's the entire problem.

my mistake, thought it was in sf. though that would be pretty low for sf given the circumstances so i guess i'm just dumb

Iverron
May 13, 2012

two offers and the second is better than the first

figgies raining

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

Iverron posted:

two offers and the second is better than the first

figgies raining

tell the first you got the second + 10%

Iverron
May 13, 2012

leper khan posted:

tell the first you got the second + 10%

:capitalism:

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

well I kind of spur of the moment applied for some things, and I'm getting an offer from one place

i should tell the other places that I'm still interviewing that will give me more figgies about it now, right?

Iverron
May 13, 2012

I did that and literally got an offer for 10k more than I was asking for the same day as the interview

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dislike button posted:

furriculum vitae

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:

ComradeCosmobot posted:

dont worry, the spca will happily provide you a template

better hope your previous landlord won't black ball you and fail to give you a reference

the first landlord I had in chicago was a property management company so they didn't care. all the second one asked was if my cats shots were up to date.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
i think we're gonna get this house. the landlord was superstoked that we're dykes since everyone knows lesbos do their own home repairs.

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008
cjs: just got told no raises for anyone this year, except special cases (at a guess, top 10% get any at all)

time to dust off the ol' resume and buy a copy of cracking the coding interview

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

cis autodrag posted:

i think we're gonna get this house. the landlord was superstoked that we're dykes since everyone knows lesbos do their own home repairs.

did the landlord literally tell you this or are you just assuming?

lol either way and grats

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
is this the one that you're renting sight unseen

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Arcsech posted:

cjs: just got told no raises for anyone this year, except special cases (at a guess, top 10% get any at all)

there are full copies of the PDF around if you just Google the title

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

DuckConference posted:

there are full copies of the PDF around if you just Google the title

Eh, for poo poo like this I like having a physical copy. Thanks tho, might use that to get one of my friends to give me some practice interviews so whoever I con into doing that doesn't have to buy it. all my friends locally either a) work for the same company as me, or b) aren't computer touchers, so my practice interviews will all be skype probably. that's okay as I'm probably gonna be looking for remote jobs anyway

(well, there's one who used to work for this company but he just had a kid so lol @ trying to get him to do it)

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

just use leetcode dude

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

qhat posted:

just use leetcode dude

agreed, it's got very similar content to ctci in an easy to use format

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

PokeJoe posted:

agreed, it's got very similar content to ctci in an easy to use format

also it's actual questions from actual interviews

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

leetcode is great because seeing some of the responses from a lot of people on there, you realise how retarded and completely below the cut the competition is out there

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Arcsech posted:

did they also try to pretend that the programmer job market isn't super hot

super hot

super hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

Progressive JPEG posted:

did they also try to pretend that the programmer job market isn't super hot

super hot

super hot

hot like a tater tot

• Locked thread