Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

SpaceClown posted:

How is it funny. What moron says "LOL! 100,000 hours! Now THAT is comedy GENIUS!"

Is this like that stupid spongebob gag where spongebob and patrick get in trouble for whispering 25 back and forth in boating school?

I assume the joke is that he's gonna have it undone after a while, to dissuade the guy from asking for joke probies for no reason, but maybe that's not the joke and we won't see poster GRINDCORE MEGGIDO again for 11 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Yeah, sorry for spoilering the end of a little back and forth of 1. guy asks for a funny probation 2. he gets more than he bargained for 3. some interaction takes place 4. the whole thing gets undone because it's just some harmless forums fun.

It's not comedic brilliance, it's not even a deterrent because I don't care if you ask me for a probation - it's just a little forums thing, an interaction and hey, in the end the guy keeps a 100,000 probation on his rap sheet which actually is the story he was asking for in the first place. But feel free to freak out and spew insults left and right when something so meaningless is happening.

Palpek fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jun 13, 2017

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Palpek posted:

Yeah, sorry for spoilering the end of a little back and forth of 1. guy asks for a funny probation 2. he gets more than he bargained for 3. some interaction takes place 4. the whole thing gets undone because it's just some harmless forums fun.

It's not comedic brilliance, it's not even a deterrent because I don't care if you ask me for a probation - it's just a little forums thing, an interaction and hey, in the end the guy keeps a 100,000 probation on his rap sheet which actually is the story he was asking for in the first place. But feel free to freak out and spew insults left and right when something so meaningless is happening.

I really don't think the fact that like 3 people are questioning the probation because "haha I was totally joking guys I was planning on reversing it tomorrow and we'd all have a good laff" isn't a foregone conclusion for a 100k probation counts as "freak out and spew insults left and right," especially considering how rare those punishments are.

CJacobs posted:

As it turns out, we were the Prey all along!

:aaaaa:

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jun 13, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Palpek posted:

This is the forums equivalent of "IT'S JUST A PRANK BRO!!"

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Yeah it kinda makes sense that random onlookers would see that probation + the timer and wonder what is up.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

In the meantime I gave the context for why the thing happened and because 100k probations are rare I thought it's self-explainatory that it would be undone for something so harmless, it's not like I'm modding games with an iron fist. Sorry for any misunderstandings.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Palpek posted:

In the meantime I gave the context for why the thing happened and because 100k probations are rare I thought it's self-explainatory that it would be undone for something so harmless, it's not like I'm modding games with an iron fist. Sorry for any misunderstandings.

Idk man, you were pretty brutal towards that Thermidor dev. loving cold hearted.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Sdoots posted:

Idk man, you were pretty brutal towards that Thermidor dev. loving cold hearted.

Nah homeboy had his thread stickied for maximum publicity for months, Palpek probably gave them more publicity/kickstarter referrals than any other site they shilled on.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Palpek posted:

Yeah it was pretty obvious what you were going to do once you said it was a joke

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
*runs into thread breathless * P-p-ppalpeks unjust 100k probe!!! Alarum

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Glenn Quebec posted:

*runs into thread breathless *

And prompty gets a mimic attached to one's face in haste.

Never rush into an unexplored room.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
In Psychotronics what determines whether the Weaver will turn a corpse into a Phantom? Only 2 or 3 bodies got reanimated out of the 6 or 7 I painstakingly dragged in.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

Rinkles posted:

In Psychotronics what determines whether the Weaver will turn a corpse into a Phantom? Only 2 or 3 bodies got reanimated out of the 6 or 7 I painstakingly dragged in.

shiiit I never thought about trying that!

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Man, being typhonized is no joke. I tried to get a screenshot, but it was too dark in there.

I want to play this with NG+. I hope they add it.

(Palpek also owns)

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jun 14, 2017

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

ng+ is playing again on stupid-hard and knowing where everything is and what mods work for you. also maybe where the cool poo poo is and who you should doubletap on sight

it's still not easy

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I should 100% give it a nightmare run. I hope they do add NG+, just because it'd be cool to go full on Doom marine from the get go.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

I should 100% give it a nightmare run. I hope they do add NG+, just because it'd be cool to go full on Doom marine from the get go.

The hardest part of my second game was how goddamn slow I was at he beginning.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Uh, a bunch of them were suddenly up next time I came to visit. All at once.

E:I think it's just ordinary phantoms spawning, but it was weird because I'd moved them

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jun 14, 2017

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

In my run, he phantom'd the guy who was already in there, and then one other guy I dragged in. I guess he ran out of juice after that, because he just ignored me after I tried to drag a 3rd guy in.

Helianthus Annuus fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jun 14, 2017

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

That was the weird thing, the 3rd or 4th didn't but next did. Maybe some corpses are set to automatically become phantoms after a period and the weaver refused those.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
I hope they add all the survival stuff they cut out. In fact, I'd really love to hear their thoughts on Prey's future (dlc or whatnot).

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Did they not cover Prey at all at E3

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I just finished this game last night and thought it was really cool. Overall I probably liked the gameplay in Dishonored 2 better but Prey had a pretty neat story and setting.

NG+ would be awesome.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Maybe they're planning on going Dishonored 2, Prey, Dishonored 2 DLC, Prey DLC?
I hope so, I'd like some DLC/Expandalones for both games.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Basic Chunnel posted:

Did they not cover Prey at all at E3

You were hoping for dlc?

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Sooooooo quick question, playing this on the PS4 - There any way to just turn down that crazy music/sound effects whenever I've been spotted by a bad dude? Because it's kinda jarring and pulling me way out of my immersion :(

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Turn music and voices way down in the options, I had voices in particular at like 1/4 the volume of sfx by the time I had finished the game

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

Nordick posted:

By my experience the only thing required for this is Psychoshock and a shotgun. :v: Add in an upgraded stun gun if you wanna be really mean. The latter also wrecks Technopaths.

Gloo into wrench for life, no typhon mod supremacy! Well except if they're special phantoms then all nonpsychic bets are off.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What does the preorder Recycler chipset do? I don't have it, just curious.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Rinkles posted:

What does the preorder Recycler chipset do? I don't have it, just curious.

If that is what I think it is, it makes you resistant/immune to recycler grenade damage. So now you can just haphazardly chuck them whenever!

*you probably already were :v:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Mindblast posted:

If that is what I think it is, it makes you resistant/immune to recycler grenade damage. So now you can just haphazardly chuck them whenever!

*you probably already were :v:

Actually I'm very conservative with them because they're a) a unique material gathering tool b) I'm afraid they'll suck in something valuble/interesting.

Thanks.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Lol if you haven't turned your right foot into mulch with a recycler grenade

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It was a while between D2 released and the dlc announcement. If there is Prey dlc, I can't imagine hearing about it until the holidays.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

i just watched the zero punctuation review of prey out of boredom and literal years since ive been compelled to watch one

jesus loving christ this guy has no idea. like 0 idea, the amount of idea you would have if you were a chicken and someone just threw bird feed on a keyboard next to a computer running the game

what the actual gently caress is that kid smoking? i want enough of that to disconnect myself from reality like him, seems like itd be fun at parties until they heard you talk

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
Yeah I watch him more for entertainment than for reviews. He said it was ok though, which he also used to describe his personal game of the year witcher 3.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

CJacobs posted:

The real Prey was all the friends we made along the way! Or was it the neuromods we made along the way...

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

HATECUBE posted:

i just watched the zero punctuation review of prey out of boredom and literal years since ive been compelled to watch one

jesus loving christ this guy has no idea. like 0 idea, the amount of idea you would have if you were a chicken and someone just threw bird feed on a keyboard next to a computer running the game

what the actual gently caress is that kid smoking? i want enough of that to disconnect myself from reality like him, seems like itd be fun at parties until they heard you talk
The telling stuff for me is when he says he died a lot from crashing into things in the zero-gravity segments. That alone cast a certain light over everything he had to say.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

You guys do realize that he purposefully shits on every single game, including his favorites, and that those videos aren't intended to be taken as serious reviews, right?

Cause oh boy do I have news for you otherwise. Did you know that The Onion is (gasp!) not real news?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

HATECUBE posted:

I think it's safe to say that ZP dude knows his poo poo when it comes to games like this.

It just seems like he doesn't really enjoy 'em any more. Or maybe he's just sick of the whole fast-talkin' abusive comedy game 'review' thing, there's only so much you can do with that before it gets a bit stale. Which it has. He had a good run though.