Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Flesh Forge posted:

Look buddy I can't have you badmouthing my beautiful aryan frost princess ok

Whom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
That plane was shot down over 20 years ago how is this relevant now? Does he literally not know what year it is?

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
gently caress me was that as bad as I thought it was

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Haha what in the actual gently caress. I'm trying to storyboard out a presentation while listening to this on my phone and I'm laughing out load in my cube

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

CitizenKain posted:

Obama dunked on him at the WHCD back in 2011 (i think) and he's held a grudge since.

I mean, he was doing Birtherism way before then

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Fart City posted:

No Trump hotels in Cuba, ergo

This move hurts his hotel competitors real bad, actually. Marriott in particular

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Ague Proof posted:

This is just not true. Aside from a few bad eggs, there were nothing but best wishes and hopes for a speedy recovery from the injuries she sustained in the Bowling Green Massacre.

Real talk though if Trump pulls a Saturday Night Massacre like Nixon did can we all agree to call it the Bowling Green Massacre?

LegendaryFrog
Oct 8, 2006

The Mastered Mind

Boon posted:

Haha what in the actual gently caress. I'm trying to storyboard out a presentation while listening to this on my phone and I'm laughing out load in my cube

Hey everyone, tomorrow is my Birthday! - President of the United States

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Is he actually celebrating escalator day

This can't be real

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

OH MY GOD

ARE THEY SINGING HIM

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Fart City posted:

No Trump hotels in Cuba, reinstitute the embargo

Fixed that for you, buddy.

BlueberryCanary
Mar 18, 2016

Pellisworth posted:

gently caress me was that as bad as I thought it was

No. It was worse. :sigh:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
MY BIRTHDAY

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Sound like that guy playing the violin hasn't played it since he was 12.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I like that I can see hit bald spot more and more these days.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
BLACKS FOR TRUMP

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Pence touching a woman who isn't mother!

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
odds on trump thinking 'alot' is a word

well that was a loving disgrace.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
lol look at lil marco all happy

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The men yelling "WE LOVE YOU!!!" at trump randomly. My god how obvious could they be about using paid attendees.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
That dumb gently caress wasn't going to give that woman a pen.

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
Well, they did it! They signed... something? That no one wanted... for reasons?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Marco, take my binder.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Trump loves this so much, this is his thing.

Now we just need a big Russia investigation bombshell so he gets the emotional whiplash to try and fire Mueller

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

sharkbomb posted:

Well, they did it! They signed... something? That no one wanted... for reasons?

No, everyone wants it, as you can tell from how many people are cheering for it there, and how there is a hispanic lady. Everyone wants this and it's good!!! We love Trump!!!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Anyone wanna guess how long it will be until Twitter confirms that what he signed was absolutely nothing?

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Boon posted:

I honestly have no idea what the point is except to spite Obama and his legacy. Like, literally none of this makes sense.

It hinders the rivals of his hotel business

Edit: also he won Florida, this might also help him with some Cubans

HappyHippo fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jun 16, 2017

BlueberryCanary
Mar 18, 2016
There better be a drop tonight. I need some Grade-A schadenfraude to cope with this poo poo.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Pellisworth posted:

Now we just need a big Russia investigation bombshell so he gets the emotional whiplash to try and fire Mueller

This is how they kept him off twitter during the campaign, after all. "Please, please go do a rally and have screaming crowds say you're great so you don't need to respond to imagined and real slights on the internet." is the one strategy that works.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

No Butt Stuff posted:

Anyone wanna guess how long it will be until Twitter confirms that what he signed was absolutely nothing?
This is a foreign policy executive action so it's well within his powers.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Correct me if I'm wrong but... did Trumps violin boy story say that the guy who played the sick tunes on that violin is the cuban violin boy?

If so, is he just some Joe Shmuck off the streets they hired in hopes that no one would recognize him and call the story a load of poo poo?

Regardless I think this is going to be another reason for the press and everyone else to laugh at Trump. This was a complete shitshow.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

empty whippet box posted:

The men yelling "WE LOVE YOU!!!" at trump randomly. My god how obvious could they be about using paid attendees.

Nah, they just all got dosed before they came in, he thinks it's 1981 and he's at a Reo Speedwagon concert.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

BlueberryCanary posted:

There better be a drop tonight. I need some Grade-A schadenfraude to cope with this poo poo.

God, I hope so. I hate seeing trump even think he's succeeding.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Pellisworth posted:

I don't get the logic of the people hoping this will happen. If Mueller has his investigation, it could potentially lead to a bunch of russian money trails being uncovered, having vast repercussions on elections for years to come. If he gets fired, the worst that can happen is Trump's numbers drop slightly.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Night10194 posted:

This is how they kept him off twitter during the campaign, after all. "Please, please go do a rally and have screaming crowds say you're great so you don't need to respond to imagined and real slights on the internet." is the one strategy that works.

Except that every single "Trump acting OK / becoming president" moment there is an immediate "Trump being Trump" moment, usually the same day. So, I expect something really ridiculous within the next few hours, if precedent holds.

Bobulus posted:

I don't get the logic of the people hoping this will happen. If Mueller has his investigation, it could potentially lead to a bunch of russian money trails being uncovered, having vast repercussions on elections for years to come. If he gets fired, the worst that can happen is Trump's numbers drop slightly.

yeah you're right absolutely nothing else would happen at all, everyone would just be like WELP I GUESS HE FIRED HIM no more investigation let's move on everyone. You are delusional if you think this.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/875777051315372033

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Except that every single "Trump acting OK / becoming president" moment there is an immediate "Trump being Trump" moment, usually the same day. So, I expect something really ridiculous within the next few hours, if precedent holds.

Oh, totally. I just mean, say, for the time after the Comey Letter they kept him so doped up on rallies that they were able to shut him up until they got over the goal line.

The problem of his presidency is they *can't* keep him doped with rallies all the time.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Bobulus posted:

go read up on how Nixon went down

I don't actually want Trump to fire Mueller but going by the Trump doctrine: "take all possible options and pick the stupidest one for the pettiest reasons" it's likely to happen.

Then the entire Justice Dept and IC will be in full revolt and we'll get Deep Throat 2.0

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

yeah you're right absolutely nothing else would happen at all, everyone would just be like WELP I GUESS HE FIRED HIM no more investigation let's move on everyone. You are delusional if you think this.

Stop. Think. What is your best case scenario and timeline if Meuller gets fired?

If it turns out Trump is actually culpable for anything, currently, what is the worst case scenario and timeline?

Also, you can't compare this to Nixon. Nevermind the partisan divide, both chambers were Democratic at the time.

Boon fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jun 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Ventana posted:

Is he actually celebrating escalator day

This can't be real

They save him from the scourge of stairs, so yes

• Locked thread