Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lmao that didn't take long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

You poor soul, who tricked you into being a mod?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Bad Moon posted:

You poor soul, who tricked you into being a mod?

It's​ fun! Especially since I only do the SC subforum.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Volkerball posted:

He did get a chance.

A single full season where he showed flashes of promise then a second season cut short because he was shot in the head

Yes that's certainly ample opportunity!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Rub some dirt on it.

Just... not too hard.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

just grind some dirt into the open wound and wait for the sweet embrace of death

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Football outsiders released their defeat numbers for last year: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2017/2016-defeats

A defeat is:

A tackle that results in a loss of yardage, including sacks.
Any play that results in a turnover, including tipped passes which are then intercepted.
Any tackle or tipped pass that leads to a stop on third or fourth down.

And no surprise, overall Khalil Mack and Von Miller were the best players last year.... except that there were two Bills in the top 5 because their run defense was feast or famine. Their run D was like Barry Sanders. If they didn't get a stop behind the line, they averaged giving up 5.6 yards per carry.

The giants also had the top CB and top safety while Aaron Donald and Suh topped the list for non-edge rushing linemen.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kalli posted:

Football outsiders released their defeat numbers for last year: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2017/2016-defeats

A defeat is:

Any play that results in a turnover, including tipped passes which are then intercepted.

And no surprise, overall Khalil Mack and Von Miller were the best players last year.... except that there were two Bills in the top 5 because their run defense was feast or famine. Their run D was like Barry Sanders. If they didn't get a stop behind the line, they averaged giving up 5.6 yards per carry.

The giants also had the top CB and top safety while Aaron Donald and Suh topped the list for non-edge rushing linemen.

The Chargers have quite a bit of individual defensive talent

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Amy Pole Her posted:

A single full season where he showed flashes of promise then a second season cut short because he was shot in the head

Yes that's certainly ample opportunity!

That was his third season when it happened.

He could've been good had he been on another team than the RAMS

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

On Setting the edge they put up a piece on how often sacks killed drives last year. http://settingedge.com/sackskilldrives

84% of the time a sack kills a drive.

34% of the time a team recovers from a 1st down sack
19.5% on 2nd down
3.5% on 3rd.

and also a breakdown on how the sack distance affects that. Turns out a short sack on first down isn't that big of a deal.

Also, over the last decade, how often your team wins or loses by double digits:

They also are going through and doing decent writeup previews for each team. The Norths and Easts are done and the Jaguars just went up:

http://settingedge.com/category/blog

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Hmm, kinda thought the Colts would be higher up on that chart. Guessing their D didn't really allow them much separation.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

whypick1 posted:

Hmm, kinda thought the Colts would be higher up on that chart. Guessing their D didn't really allow them much separation.

Yeah, I just took a look by year:

wins / losses

'07 - 8 / 0
'08 - 4 / 3
'09 - 9 / 3
'10 - 5 / 2
'11 - 1 / 9
'12 - 2 / 5
'13 - 6 / 5
'14 - 9 / 4
'15 - 1 / 4
'16 - 3 / 4

So really good until Peyton got hurt,that one Luck year where everything was clicking, and pretty bad otherwise.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

quote:

The team drafted Leonard Fournette of LSU in the first round to hopefully give them a bell cow running back, but the fit isn’t great there. The team finished 20th in TFL percentage last year, a reflection of their first-level run blocking, and Fournette isn’t the type of back who can make something from nothing. Against quality competition, Fournette was tackled in the backfield more than twice as frequently as Stanford’s Christian McCaffrey and significantly more than the likes of Ezekiel Elliott and Derrick Henry.
:suicide:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/875763901580926977

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/875762987931508736

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

:rip:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Terron Armsdead more like it

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

weird Asian candy posted:

Terron Armsdead more like it

Lol

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/875765112031674368

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

tmz says mike floyd tested positive for alcohol

quote:

A court rep tells us Floyd blamed the positive tests on Kombucha -- a fermented tea that contains a very low amount of alcohol. Typically, Kombucha contains equal or less alcohol than a non-alcoholic beer.

The issue for Floyd ... his alcohol tests all came back showing a B.A.C. of between .044 and .055, which would be hard to do on Kombucha alone. He also skipped one of his breath tests altogether.

Floyd denies any wrongdoing saying, "Totally false. The whole thing is false."

Despite his claims, the Scottsdale City Court records show he's due in court on June 26th for an "Order to Show Cause" hearing.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Kombucha, lol.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

hifi posted:

tmz says mike floyd tested positive for alcohol

Jesus Christ get help man.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Kalli posted:

A defeat is:

markus golden being on that list is a surprise. really underrated i guess.

him and chandler jones are not the guys i would have expected

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I wonder how much Floyd's SB ring will go for at auction in a few years.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Dumb poo poo was almost in the clear:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/875772411320434688

Maybe it's best for him long term. Get some help.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I don't know how this could have happened, he moved back to Minnesota to be near his family and has old college buddies on the team :downs:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i "did the math" from the first results on google: http://www.brad21.org/bac_charts.html, and http://www.nutritionheart.com/alcohol-drinks-grams-of-alcohol/ and guessing 1% alcohol in kombucha and that turns into 1.4 gallons of kombucha

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Obviously he just got back from a Kombucha chugging competition on a radio spot to try and win a Nintendo Switch.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Should have just said he swallowed his morning Listerine

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I'd wager that like half of his TFL numbers came against Alabama.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

big money big clit posted:

I'd wager that like half of his TFL numbers came against Alabama.
The problem is that the Jaguars have a bottom-3 OL in the league and did fuckall to address it.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Saints and Lions can have a Torn Labrum Party in October. :smith:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

The problem is that the Jaguars have a bottom-3 OL in the league and did fuckall to address it.

Yea, but don't think Cook or McCaffery would be any better behind your line. They're both shiftier than Fournette, but nobody would have done well against Alabama in those games with the way they were dominating LSU's line. I just don't think it's a particularly meaningful stat for comparison.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Kalli posted:

Obviously he just got back from a Kombucha chugging competition on a radio spot to try and win a Nintendo Switch.

KFAN :argh:

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Worst o-lines:
1. Seattle
2. Cincy
3. Jacksonville

Checks out.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MrLogan posted:

Worst o-lines:
1. Seattle
2. Cincy
3. Jacksonville

Checks out.
I thought it was:
1. Seattle
2a. Minnesota
2b. Jacksonville
3. Cincy

But thats splitting hairs at this point.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I'm not holding my breath but Minnesota at least did something to try and improve it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

someone mail me a switch and i will drink kombucha tia

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Ringer has a piece up about how tanking might gently caress up the NFL: https://theringer.com/nfl-tanking-nightmare-new-york-jets-cleveland-browns-competitive-balance-6c9f3937811b

quote:

An NFL with multiple teams tanking at once would be a dystopian future in which playoff spots were determined, at least in part, by what teams in what division were tanking in a given season. If, for instance, the Jets tanked this year, and the Bills, starting up their new post-Ryan-brother regime and wanting a clean slate, did as well, the Dolphins, with four easy wins, could be nearly halfway to a wild-card spot without even playing a competitive game.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

gently caress no. Kombucha makes your breath smell like a recycling bin in the summer.

Also he's a fuckin' alcoholic, he was actually trying to drink Kombucha to get buzzed. He might be too dumb to know that they're testing for alcohol and not liquor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Article seems a bit hyperbolic, but I did enjoy this line:

quote:

The existential worry here is not about bad football; you’re going to get that with the Jets whether it’s intentional or not.

The writer seems to really hate the Jets...or is a long-suffering fan, not sure which.

• Locked thread