Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

The_Rob posted:

The issue with velveteen dream is that he feels like a poor mans dalton castle.

Feels like a broke man's Dalton Castle. If you were an Indy promoter who paid like $5-20 per wrestler you'd have Velveteen dream and bulk at the prices Dalton would charge.

In other news, I remember Lance Storm world of hurt featuring Emma. One thing he brought up is that she needed to fix her looks less. She was in a fight, stop caring about your hair looking good all the time. Velveteen dream needs to care about his hair and Bandana more, his character wouldn't allow himself to look like he did during the vast majority of the match.

Not a great jobber squash if I want to see Mendoza again more than I want to see Velveteen. Oh and great job making the DVD look completely painless and stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I swear every time I see Paul Ellering come out I wonder if Christopher Daniels has joined NXT.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Velveteen Dream is much much better than Dalton Castle

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Basic Chunnel posted:

Velveteen Dream is much much better than Dalton Castle

Hmm nah.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/875729821782990849

Serena Deeb:
https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/875779679403335680

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Did she ever actually wrestle in her original run?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

3 times in August 2010, 2 of them were house shows.

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=3821&page=4&search=WWE

Lots of OVW and FCW though.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Didn't she retire because she had like a billion bad concussions

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/875805399903023104

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Yeah, Serena Deeb has a history of concussions. So much so, she once faked a head injury during a match and the crowd bit on it. It was glorious.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

Didn't she retire because she had like a billion bad concussions

Kinda. The risk/reward wasn't worth it on the indies at the time financially.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So she's probably not taking a Burning Hammer.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

So she's probably not taking a Burning Hammer.

No, she's the Kendrick of the tournament, so clearly she's delivering one.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

I was hoping it would be Falls Count Anywhere, if only because LMS matches in WWE tend to grind to a halt as they try to "build drama" with glacially slow counts. Still, this should be really good and another excuse for more backstage brawls, so I'm down.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/876180980914106370

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Former TNA performers, Crazzy Steve and Cody Deaner in the latest WWE tryouts. http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/wwe-performance-center-tryout-june-2017 Hot dang

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cody Deaner, holy poo poo. Now that's a name I never thought I'd hear again

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
cody deaner sounds like the main character in a series of terrible children's books with wacky titles like "cody deaner and the mystery of the flying bologna" or some poo poo.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Holy crap that Nicolai Salchow looks like Tyler Bate's older brother that got kicked out of the house.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sugar Blaster posted:

cody deaner sounds like the main character in a series of terrible children's books with wacky titles like "cody deaner and the mystery of the flying bologna" or some poo poo.

Cody Deaner owns though. Also, wanna read that book.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
How lovely is Crazzy Steve that he's the former TNA guy who has to do a tryout instead of, like, just signing and showing up in a Takeover crowd.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
could be that he had to wait a few months, and go to the tryout to avoid any of the mess they're having with contract tampering accusations, but then again, he was just a member of Decay, and didn't make much of a mark outside of, "PAINT REGENERATE"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if someone is crazzy they should have to perform a tryout for evaluation.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

rovert posted:

Former TNA performers, Crazzy Steve and Cody Deaner in the latest WWE tryouts. http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/wwe-performance-center-tryout-june-2017 Hot dang

6'6" Lance Storm trainee? Sign him right now.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Cody Deaner owns though. Also, wanna read that book.
ask me about how when i hear mike bennett's name all i can think about is a dude who touts himself as being the name you can trust in home plumbing and heating.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
crazzy
steve

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Isn't Cody Deaner the guy who debuted in TNA by winning that "win a night with ODB" contest

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Isn't Cody Deaner the guy who debuted in TNA by winning that "win a night with ODB" contest

Yep

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I will laugh if his WWE name is Crazy Steve

Mr Gorgon Holmes
Aug 1, 2007
Ask me about being possesed by the spirit of John Holmes

Tokamak posted:

I will laugh if his WWE name is Crazy Steve

No extra Z's No buys!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Serious question: What does Crazzy Steve bring to the table that would make him an NXT asset in 2017? Don't say "veteran hand" because they already have a billion of those guys.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
End of the line for Io?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I thought it was the worst kept secret that's she's already signed

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

I thought it was the worst kept secret that's she's already signed

Hence my post.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I hope they keep his name Crazzy Steve but pronounce it the way I always read it in my head with a short A.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
I can't see how you could read it any other way. What an awful loving name.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Benne posted:

Serious question: What does Crazzy Steve bring to the table that would make him an NXT asset in 2017? Don't say "veteran hand" because they already have a billion of those guys.

not being able to see that good

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

magnum_valentino posted:

I can't see how you could read it any other way. What an awful loving name.
i've literally only ever read the name here and have never heard anyone say it out loud. jesus christ.

like when i was 8 or 9 i went over a kid's house to play video games. i forget which rpg he put on but he was SUPER proud of the fact that he named his character "insane" except he'd spelled it "insain." i told him he'd spelled insane wrong and he got real indignant, told me "that's the whole point" and turned the game off almost immediately.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
"Ha! I'm so insane that I can't spell! See how absolutely unhinged and crazy that is!?!?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Benne posted:

Maybe he can be SAniTy's mandatory jobber?

I don't know anything about CRAZZY STEVE so in my mind he looks like Prince of Punk-style Shannon Moore

• Locked thread