Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gorn Myson posted:

Nah, Monaco, so he never has to pay tax again.

Yeah probably not PSG, Angel Di Maria did a tax fraud there so it'd be a bad time to try that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Oh so they switched up the yearly "Messi is totally really leaving Barca this time you guys :ohdear:"

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Simone Poodoin posted:

Oh so they switched up the yearly "Messi is totally really leaving Barca this time you guys :ohdear:"

Ronald throwing a poo poo fit and leaving Spain does seem like something that could happen, though.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

blue footed boobie posted:

PSG would be the way to go for Ronald. He could bang in 40 goals a season until he's 40 because it's a garbage league and add a bunch of bush league winners' medals to his collection.

This is the correct opinion

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
We signed Matt Ryan, an Australian goalkeeper, for a club record fee (5m).

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Ronald throwing a poo poo fit and leaving Spain does seem like something that could happen, though.

deciding o leave spain since there is a big tax fraud investigation is exactly the kind of thing he'd do

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

The new Chinese overlords of Milan have said that Donnarumma is "unsellable" and have blocked all attempts to sell him, and have promised to go as far as bench him for the upcoming year: in response, Mino Raiola is threatening to sue.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
lol Raiola is such a piece of poo poo.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

This

Also welcome to the hawthorns ronaldo

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Troy Queef posted:

The new Chinese overlords of Milan

Has anyone said AC Mulan yet?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Blue Star Error posted:

Has anyone said AC Mulan yet?

There's next season's Serie A thread title

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Sure does some good work for his clients tho. Massive deals and most of the bitterness goes toward him instead of the player

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

i hear ronald's coming home

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

So it seems every single newspaper is reporting the Ronaldo story and Jorge Mendes is apparently shopping around for a club for him. I don't even know what available players would be able to cover such a loss for Madrid

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

It's time for Howson to shine

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

we have this wayne rooney

he's younger, it's a good swap

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hegay posted:

So it seems every single newspaper is reporting the Ronaldo story and Jorge Mendes is apparently shopping around for a club for him. I don't even know what available players would be able to cover such a loss for Madrid

There really is no one player who doesn't play at Barcelona. You'll probably have to buy a more prolific striker and a winger who can score a buncha goals to get back to where you were.

Of course Ronald was getting old, and you would have had to do this in a year or two, anyway.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
Ronaldo has also apparently told his Portugal teammates that there's no way back to Madrid for him

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Would be a shame to end his Madrid career like that

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

julian assflange posted:

Would be a shame to end his Madrid career like that

winning the league and retaining the champions league, what a disgrace

ron's seen the yuan is always greener, can't blame the dude having to single handedly support the country of spain with his taxes, he's not jesus christ.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
I don't get it. He finally gets busted for the tax fraud he's been doing, and somehow that's the club's fault? Or he's now angry at all of Spain? :confused:

Would love to see our Ronald back at Old Trafford though :getin:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The no.7 jersey is unoccupied since Depay left........

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

It's time for Howson to shine

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Hegay posted:

*loads up FIFA Ultimate Team* what about Pulisic

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Hegay posted:

he's not as good as ronald but sanchez wants a new club

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

There really is no one player who doesn't play at Barcelona. You'll probably have to buy a more prolific striker and a winger who can score a buncha goals to get back to where you were.

Of course Ronald was getting old, and you would have had to do this in a year or two, anyway.

Actually, Madrid forums says Ronaldo is not good anyways and it will be no big loss at all.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

drat what if United get Ronaldo

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I'm literally shaking, op

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

This doesn't look like your standard silly season stuff it looks real, we may have a football emergency on our hands?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Swap with Leo

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Ronaldo to Spurs straight swap for Dele Alli who says no?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Barca supported Messi in his tax evading and Ronaldo ain't gonna accept less than he gets, in anything.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Ronaldo is pissed Madrid haven't properly backed him up. He was probably advised to throw a very public tantrum to get Florentino to cover whatever damages the tax authorities are going to levy on him. I don't think he's going to go anywhere.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Finally a sensible solution to the Bale/Isco conundrum.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Big Definitely Heterosexual Ron has a €1bn release clause in his contract so I'm not sure Madrid is even obligated to sell him if he puts in a transfer request.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
He's going back to United.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Nah

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Maybe Ron will find trying to qualify for the Champions League as addicting as actually winning the the thing.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Sad to hear that Ronaldo literally cannot set foot on Spanish soil ever again without being imprisoned for 90 years and is therefore an international fugitive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Shrapnig posted:

Big Definitely Heterosexual Ron has a €1bn release clause in his contract so I'm not sure Madrid is even obligated to sell him if he puts in a transfer request.

Transfer genius Ed Woodward will negotiate this down to €1.3bn easily

• Locked thread