Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
grobbendonk :toughguy:

Emmideer fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jun 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Guess I should have armored other parts of the body, since we were up against people with whips and such.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
My dwarfbux :negative:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Wow J. Corbzy

:newdanger:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Plan 'Have lots of extra arms to avoid losing weapons' seems to be really effective.

quote:

StranglMech_Reg bites Minos III_Style in the right ear, tearing the cartilage!
StranglMech_Reg latches on firmly!
StranglMech_Reg scratches Minos III_Style in the mouth, tearing the left cheek!
The force twists the head!
StranglMech_Reg lashes Minos III_Style in the left eye with his iron scourge, tearing apart the left eyelid's skin!
The force pulls the head, tearing apart the skin!
StranglMech_Reg bites Minos III_Style in the mouth, tearing the left cheek!
StranglMech_Reg latches on firmly!
StranglMech_Reg scratches Minos III_Style in the left ear, tearing the cartilage!
The force pulls the head!
StranglMech_Reg lashes Minos III_Style in the mouth with his iron scourge and the left cheek is cloven asunder!
The iron scourge has lodged firmly in the wound!
The force bends the head, tearing apart the skin!

Also, ouch. That Stranglmech is straight up nasty. What it did to the troll was even worse: Must be bearing a grudge.

quote:

StranglMech_Reg grabs HurrySlurry_Style by the left lower arm with his second left lower arm!
StranglMech_Reg locks HurrySlurry_Style's left elbow with StranglMech_Reg's second left lower arm!
StranglMech_Reg bends HurrySlurry_Style's left lower arm with StranglMech_Reg's second left lower arm and the left elbow collapses!
A ligament in the left elbow has been torn and a tendon has been torn!

StranglMech_Reg grabs HurrySlurry_Style by the right upper leg with his second left upper arm!
HurrySlurry_Style vomits.
StranglMech_Reg locks HurrySlurry_Style's right hip with StranglMech_Reg's second left upper arm!
StranglMech_Reg bends HurrySlurry_Style's right upper leg with StranglMech_Reg's second left upper arm and the right hip collapses!
A ligament in the right hip has been torn and a tendon has been torn!

StranglMech_Reg grabs HurrySlurry_Style by the left upper leg with his second left lower arm!
StranglMech_Reg locks HurrySlurry_Style's left hip with StranglMech_Reg's second left lower arm!
StranglMech_Reg bends HurrySlurry_Style's left upper leg with StranglMech_Reg's second left lower arm and the left hip collapses!
A ligament in the left hip has been torn and a tendon has been torn!

StranglMech_Reg locks HurrySlurry_Style's left wrist with StranglMech_Reg's first left upper arm!
StranglMech_Reg bends HurrySlurry_Style's left hand with StranglMech_Reg's first left upper arm and the left wrist collapses!
A ligament in the left wrist has been torn and a tendon has been torn!

StranglMech_Reg grabs HurrySlurry_Style by the tongue with his oaken shield!
HurrySlurry_Style vomits.

:stare: Must be hard to regenerate when you've been twisted into a pretzel. I didn't give him any points in wrestling! At least he just took the Gremlin's hands off in a straightforward manner without trying to eat him or systematically break his joints.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

AJ_Impy posted:

At least he just took the Gremlin's hands off in a straightforward manner without trying to eat him or systematically break his joints...

...this time.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I remember awhile ago when I lurked the thread some snakewoman and some other dude had a 1v1 that lasted like ingame days

Lotta poisoning and passing out from wounds

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!

Ramc posted:

Wow J. Corbzy

:newdanger:

Pretty sure this antwoman's fortune is tied to rl politics.

grobbendonk
Apr 22, 2008

Galick posted:

My dwarfbux :negative:

Thank you for your kind donation

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Added Space posted:

I'm in the first fight also, so paging Zeetoo or Jazzimus.

Go ahead and run it if you have time this weekend. We trust you.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
What the gently caress it's been like 24hrs with no blood these commissioners are more like commissi-donts.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Spermy Smurf posted:

What the gently caress it's been like 24hrs with no blood these commissioners are more like commissi-donts.

We also trust you to not manipulate the fight, you know.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Spermy Smurf posted:

Go ahead and run it if you have time this weekend. We trust you.

I didn't have time. :shrug:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

jon joe posted:

We also trust you to not manipulate the fight, you know.

I manipulated like 50 of them so far. You chumps just don't see my consecutive DF.exe's in the screenshots.

Added Space: Weekend isn't over, get on it.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Current status - trapped on a train on a bridge. May get to it later.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Spermy Smurf posted:

Tell me about it!!

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Geez, fine, running right now.

iLonie
Feb 17, 2011

Added Space posted:

Geez, fine, running right now.

You've got the fighter names the wrong way around in the combat log.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
:siren: Round 3, Fight 1 :siren:

Strength++ is on the left side of the arena.
Big Guy (Tiler Kiwi) is a male yeti. He wields a bronze two-handed sword and wears an iron helm and an iron breast plate.
Cheap and Chippy Chopper (Added Space) is a male dwarf. He wields a steel great axe and wears an iron helm, an iron mail shirt, iron greaves, iron gauntlets, and iron high boots.
Landsknechtaur (my dad) is a male minotaur. He wields a copper spear and a copper pike and wears a steel cap, a steel mail shirt, steel gauntlets, and steel high boots.

Well, this is awkward is on the right side of the arena.
Muffin (Spermy Smurf) is a male troll. He is empty handed and wears a bronze helm, leather armor, a bronze mail shirt, iron greaves, bronze gauntlets, and iron high boots.
Grace (iLonie) is a female gremlin. She wields a steel large dagger and a wooden buckler and wears a leather cap, leather armor, an iron mail shirt, leather leggings, leather gauntlets, and leather high boots.
Spermy Smurf delenda est (goatface) is a male dark gnome. He wields an adamantine large dagger and a wooden buckler and wears no armor.

Strength++ is a 2.21 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 11780.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 5321.00 dwarfbucks for Well, this is awkward.

This time we've got the classic matchup of big and durable versus small and skilled. The key is going to be who can get a disabling hit in first.

The fight starts off very skittishly, with both sides using probing attacks that are easily dodged. Big Guy tries to end things quickly with a chop to the neck of Grace, but the blow lacks power.

The first serious blow is landed by Cheap Chopper and yet again delenda drops his unbloodied dagger to the floor. Whatever he paid for it was clearly not worth the price. A quick follow-up takes his leg off.

In the north Muffin has managed to take the pike out of Landsknechtaur's hand. The minotaur uses his backup spear to take the troll off her feet. Big Guy and Grace have both failed to draw blood.

Another blow and Landsknechtaur loses his backup weapon. Both monsterous fighters are down to their natural weapons. Landsknechtaur remembers his dwarven training and aims for the liver. Whether or not this will work on a troll remains to be seen.

Cheap Chopper wanders too close to the brawl. Roaring in pain and confusion after losing a tusk, Muffin tosses the dwarf about, not doing any damage but managing to leave him stunned. delenda gathers the last of his strength for a shield bash – and manages to break his shield into splinters that pepper his wounds and finishes him off.

The extreme size mismatch between yeti and gremlin has still led to a surprisingly balanced fight. Big Guy has both hands injured but still holds on to his weapon, while Grace has an internal injury from a hard hit.

Cheap Chopper, still dazed, gets his revenge by slicing off Muffin's other tusk. Muffin begins to rag doll him again.

Big Guy manages another solid hit and mangles an ankle. His follow up blows strip away most of her armor. He abandons the crippled Grace and all three Strength++ fighters concentrate on bringing down Muffin.

Soon enough Muffin passes out from his many injuries. The three teammates rain down a flurry of blows, each eager to claim the kill. Cheap Chopper takes it.

Another mad scramble for the last kill has Big Guy claiming the weapon hand and life of Grace.

:siren: Size trumps skill as Strength++ takes a 3-0 victory! Well, this is awkward have been eliminated!

Kills:
Cheap and Chippy Chopper – 2
Big Guy – 1

Combat log

Let's all give jon joe a big hand for generously donating his dorfbux!

No points to spend, so the next matches can go ahead as soon as someone unlocks the round.

Added Space fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 18, 2017

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
The two teams knocked out in the second round have run roughshod over the teams knocked out in the first. Two flawless victories, without reply. Both teams have now conquered Those With Style and Well, this is Awkward, but Strength++ took two casualties in the process compared to The Regular Crowd.

Will the ablative limbs of the Crowd's medium-but-pretty-strong-and-skilled fighters stand them in good stead against the Yeti-Minotaur-Dwarf combo? Will the Stranglmech be set to 'fold', 'spindle' or 'mutilate'? Will the massed iron armor do anything to block the whips and scourges? Tune in soon and find out!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I don't think my gnome landed a hit all tournament.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Added Space posted:

Let's all give jon joe a big hand for generously donating his dorfbux!

Well'p, time to troll and murder everyone.

I mean that was the plan anyway, but now it's personal.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Huh, another round without points. Interesting.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

my dad posted:

Huh, another round without points. Interesting.

The way to read it is points are only given out when an established loser is about to play a new dropout from the winners' bracket. The points for the loser match those the winners' bracket dropout got from the previous win.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

goatface posted:

I don't think my gnome landed a hit all tournament.

And you weren't even the most useless fighter on the team. Congrats, I think.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Just for fun, I ran a fight between Muffin and Spermy Smurf delenda est.

The dark gnome managed to get in 8 hits and lasted a page and a half - before dropping his dagger again and spending the rest of 8 pages being tossed around and reduced to a puddle.

Combat Log

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It proved to me that tiny guys with blue knives aren't the threat they have been.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

goatface posted:

It proved to me that tiny guys with blue knives aren't the threat they have been.

Yeah, blue is typically overkill; very expensive, leaves little room for skills, only meaningful against an opponent wearing full steel. The troll probably had similar skill levels despite its points disadvantage, which almost always spells death for the smaller creature.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Speaking of overkill, the thought occurs we are currently experiencing underkill. Two of the most murderous teams, six and seven deaths to their credit, are now looking to hit nine or ten enemies slaughtered respectively. Let the blood run free!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I could use 3 murders.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

jon joe posted:

I think 5 is a pretty good number.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

jon joe posted:

Hoo boy, timing.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Added Space posted:

Hoo boy, timing.

Spoilers!

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
:siren: Round 4, Fight 1 :siren:

4chan circa 2006 is on the left side of the arena.
Tao of Trolling (jon joe) is a male troll. He is empty handed and wears a steel cap.
:troll: (Jazzimus Prime) is a male troll. He wields a steel pike and wears an iron helm, an iron breast plate, iron leggings, iron gauntlets, and iron high boots.
White Eye (Afriscipio) is a female troll. She wields an iron great axe and a wooden shield and wears a copper cap, an iron mail shirt, iron gauntlets, and leather low boots.

The Kool-Aid Men is on the right side of the arena.
Hoofvs McKenzie (Galick) is a male minotaur. He wields a platinum maul and wears an iron cap, an iron mail shirt, an iron breast plate, iron greaves, iron gauntlets, and iron high boots.
Brutalist Architect (Ramc) is a male dwarf. He wields two iron battleaxes and wears an iron helm, an iron mail shirt, an iron breast plate, iron greaves, iron gauntlets, and iron low boots.
Dig Dug (Bad Munki) is a male molemarian. He wields a copper pick and wears an iron helm, an iron mail shirt, an iron breast plate, iron greaves, iron gauntlets, and iron low boots.

4chan circa 2006 is a 1.39 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 7101.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 5121.00 dwarfbucks for The Kool-Aid Men.

The unstoppable wall of troll is faced by the ragtag misfits who will seek to defeat the haters with the power of friendship! Let's see how well that goes.

Hoofvs and Architect both take aim at :troll:, taking off both of his tusks and knocking out a leg in short order.

Dig Dug contributes nothing.

Tao comes to his brother's aid and kicks the heavy maul out of Hoofvs' hand. A pike through his spine takes the minotaur out of the match. The fight once again hinges on the skill of Brutalist Architect.

White Eye and Architect dance away from the beating in the center of the ring, trading ineffective shots.

Huh, I guess I counted Dig Dug out too quickly. He wakes up and digs his pick right into the heart of Tao, sending the beast into a range.

All of 4chan begins to concentrate on Hoofvs, seeking to take the minotaur down and start clearing the field.

Architect continues with the de-tusking policy. A few seconds later White Eye loses her axe, leaving her nearly defenseless.

With Hoofvs and Tao both heavily injured it's a race to see who drops first.

Another pick to the pancreas has Tao looking pale. Dig Dug moves to delivers the coup-de-gras but is beaten by his own earlier efforts. 4 chan is now down to one effective fighter.

Hoofvs sneers through the pain as the haphazard efforts of two trolls completely fails to finish him off.

In the excitement I completely failed to notice Architect losing an axe. Thankfully he's prepared and has a spare on hand. :troll: loses his pike shortly after; now the lack of tusks is going to seriously hamper the 4chan team.

Hoofvs passes out, but armor and trollish endurance show as the rest of the competitors find it hard to deal damage. White Eye removes the minotaur's cap, but Dig Dug rushes to his defense.

:troll: is the next to pass out. Architect seems to forget all about the axe in his hand and tries to wrestle the troll to death to drag out the match.

Dig Dug doesn't truck with that nonsense and removes his second headwear. It still takes seven pick strikes to collapse :troll:'s thick skull.

White Eye, desperate to find dignity, has been trying and failing to finish off Hoofvs with weak strikes to the skull. Architect removes his final tusk.

Sparks fly through the arena as White Eye sends Dig Dug grinding across the floor, returning to her desperate attempt to finish Hoofvs.

She doesn't finish as she passes out again. Dig Dug collects his third piece of headwear and it takes nine strokes this time.

Look at all those troll pieces.

:siren: The Kool-Aid Men show their endurance is greater with a 3-0 victory!

Kills:

Dig Dug – 3

Combat Log

Hoofvs suffocated shortly after the match ended, but that doesn't count.

Added Space fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jun 20, 2017

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
My only regret is that Jazzimus listened to me re: buying a steel pike.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Faaaaaaaaantastic

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
:fut:

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
:frogsiren:

WE DOIN' THIS BABYYYYYYY

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Hell yea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Is it my imagination or are fighters losing their weapons a lot more this tournament?

Also, I hate you all for starting this one without me.