Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

myself posted:

(frankly, if Americans didn't have HIPPA, I could easily imagine a completely identical scenario in the deep rural South. thank Kennedy I guess)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3792439&perpage=40&pagenumber=214#post473412451

lol (second confession)

yeah it's an anonymous fesh

curufinor fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Jun 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Double Monocle posted:

Of course they would be Chinese made guns with Chinese ammo so basically a very expensive club.
Everything I've seen on Forgotten Weapons about chinese made guns has pointed to "don't ever fire this if you value your fingers."

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party
https://my.mixtape.moe/jgwssb.mp4

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
That rules

Edit: I've always wanted to save a life through kicking.

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Jun 16, 2017

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Collateral Damage posted:

Everything I've seen on Forgotten Weapons about chinese made guns has pointed to "don't ever fire this if you value your fingers."

Ive been waiting for a reason to post this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCva_GslcxE

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

duckfarts posted:

i've seen some lady cut her nails on the MRT and some other guy using an electric shaver on the MRT, thankfully both were one-offs

Public nail cutting is a daily occurrence in the mainland. I've thrown students out of class numerous times for cutting nails during a lecture.

Jimmy Little Balls
Aug 23, 2009
I've seen couples popping each others spots on the bus multiple times, one set started making out after doing this.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Basically any disgusting thing you can't imagine doing in public is done in public here without anyone remarking on it.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

what china is this where any emotion beyond apathy is strange?

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/ne...obeandmail.com&

quote:

On Wednesday, Mr. Trudeau dodged opposition demands to divulge whether Washington raised security concerns about the deal.

The Liberal government has come under fire in recent days for green-lighting the sale of Norsat International Inc. to Hytera, a Chinese telecom giant, without conducting a formal, comprehensive national security review of the deal.

Hytera is facing a lawsuit from U.S. rival Motorola, which accuses the Shenzhen-based firm of massive intellectual property theft.

A key member of a U.S. congressional watchdog agency has already warned the Norsat deal jeopardizes American national security and two former directors of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service have weighed in, saying the transaction should have been subjected to a full-scale security review.
Truddy back to gargling on them China balls.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Haier posted:

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/ne...obeandmail.com&

Truddy back to gargling on them China balls.

"Hmmmm, everyone who has ties to mainland China that has worked in the telecom industry has at one time or another stolen technology or confidential business info. . . maybe we can stop this massive security issue if we just sell everything that might be sensitive directly to the chinese?"

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Some of them are fine. Hell, I'm pretty sure you shot my SKS and/or short barrel 12ga when you came to visit. They were both made in China.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
I went to a buffet alone tonight and then walked 14km back to my house. Binge and cruise. The buffet is big (selection and building size), and has a floor plan like an L shape. I usually sit as far away from the food as possible, around the corner, since it's empty there until the place fills up, as most people force themselves to sit as close to the food as possible.

I'm eating and there's about 20+ tables in that area that are empty. It's just one other guy eating alone, and two girls playing phone while eating. I get up to get some soup, leaving my food and the tray to save my place, and come back to find an older couple had taken the table directly behind me. This is typical, as nobody here can bear to do things without doing it directly next to other people.
I come walking up and the guy almost drops his chopsticks. He mouth opened so wide, I thought he would going to scream. I sat down and the dude slid his chair out and swiveled himself just to stare at me. I looked at him, he paid no care, he just sat there staring like I was the free show with dinner.
He turns back to his wife, who was also staring, and then they spent the entire meal just poo poo talking foreigners. It wasn't even an exaggeration, almost every sentence out of this guy's mouth began with "LAOWAI" and "MEIGUO" and done in that whiny tone they do when they are upset about something. The wife also joined in, and every time I got up to get something else, they stopped talking and eating and just stared at me, and wouldn't stop staring until I would sit down again. He swiveled a few times to get a closer look, and then would begin his China versus The World rant again.

When I finished eating I wanted to sit a little before I started walking, so I took out my Kindle and tried to finish a chapter in my current book. I was a few pages into it when there's a loud CLACK at my table. I look up and someone had just tossed their empty food tray sets onto the table. It was a family of four. I look around. Yep, there's still 20+ empty tables here, but they wanted to sit at my loving table with my food tray and napkins all over the place.

The patriarchal Buzzcut in his dashing faded striped polo sits directly across from me. Junior, in diapers, sets next to him, and immediately starts crying. Grandma starts getting loud. The wife is standing there staring at me, probably wondering the same thing I am ("why the gently caress are we sitting here?"). They all went to get food and I immediately left.

I opened up People Nearby and some girl wanted to add me, so I added her and her first few messages were like "I am glad to talk to someone who speaks English, because I want to learn English and you can help me and please correct my poor spelling or grammar so I can learn from chatting with you." I was just thinking "I didn't sign up for this poo poo," and ignored all the English-related questions she had. She got upset I wouldn't let her see my Moments/album. She asked what my Chinese name was. I said "Nope," and she asked if that was my Chinese name. NOH-PUH.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

B33rChiller posted:

Some of them are fine. Hell, I'm pretty sure you shot my SKS and/or short barrel 12ga when you came to visit. They were both made in China.
I thought the SKS was Russian/Soviet?

I'm being mostly facetious though, based on that one presentation Ian did of a Chinese mystery handgun clone that was pretty likely to blow up in your hand if you tried to fire it. :)

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

I thought the SKS was Russian/Soviet?

I'm being mostly facetious though, based on that one presentation Ian did of a Chinese mystery handgun clone that was pretty likely to blow up in your hand if you tried to fire it. :)

China produced a metric fuckload of SKSs and offloads their surplus to other markets now.

By all reports I've heard, Communist Chinese guns are actually fine and won't blow up on you, it's the random civil war-era ones that are dangerous.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

My dad has a Chinese made AK and it has never blown up even once.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Server at mall Chinese restaurant in America just started talking to my wife in a language we could not understand or identify. Our guess was that it was either Vietnamese or a more obscure Chinese dialect but who the gently caress knows.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
https://www.livescience.com/27983-skull-fossils-suggest-human-inbreeding.html

quote:

Inbreeding may have been a common practice among early human ancestors, fossils show.

The evidence comes from fragments of an approximately 100,000-year-old human skull unearthed at a site called Xujiayao, located in the Nihewan Basin of northern China.
China 100,000 years of gaping hole in the skull culture.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I didn't realize the GBS China thread still existed. Mods?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Atlas Hugged posted:

Server at mall Chinese restaurant in America just started talking to my wife in a language we could not understand or identify. Our guess was that it was either Vietnamese or a more obscure Chinese dialect but who the gently caress knows.

Did you applaud and tip him?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

You mean stone age barely sentient animals (humans in general) didn't have genealogical records or incest taboos? Wtf?

I assume societies back then were pseudopolygomous, so it'd be pretty hard to keep track of which kids were your mother's kids, much less who your manslut father boned ~15 years ago.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
An absolutely ancient Chinese woman was smiling at me with horrific teeth and wearing teal sweats and seven layers of shirts of varying lengths with attached forearm sleeves.

Just kept nodding, smiling and muttering Chinese at me, by my house. Pacing back and forth on the sidewalk by the entrance to my place.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Glenn Quebec posted:

An absolutely ancient Chinese woman was smiling at me with horrific teeth and wearing teal sweats and seven layers of shirts of varying lengths with attached forearm sleeves.

Just kept nodding, smiling and muttering Chinese at me, by my house. Pacing back and forth on the sidewalk by the entrance to my place.

So did you plunge?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Yes and my dick is red from that gross poo poo they chew.

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party
fake maxi-pad workshop busted :barf:

http://www.miaopai.com/show/lVGZL0Ixgu974q4~Hkal-56HT2hPtfSw.htm

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Imperialist Dog posted:

Nah, Tylenol 3's

can you buy maple syrup with codeine in it?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Arglebargle III posted:

Welcome back to the Orc camp. You still in Chengdu?

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

VideoTapir posted:

can you buy maple syrup with codeine in it?

That's what Sizzurp means in Canada.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle
I'm passing through Paris right now, a group of about 20 Chinese tourists Just asked me if I spoke English and if I could show them where the Chinese restaurant was.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

that site very ugly! !!!

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

peanut posted:

that site very ugly! !!!

dont sign your posts

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

grabbed this national geographic-esque shot from my driver's car as we went into shenyang yesterday

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
there was a fat guy without a shirt also standing there but i didn't get a good shot of him. he really added to the aura of the scene

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

yaffle posted:

I'm passing through Paris right now, a group of about 20 Chinese tourists Just asked me if I spoke English and if I could show them where the Chinese restaurant was.

Is there a distinct Chinese-French cuisine?

Did you ask them if they ran out of fangbianmian?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Outrail posted:

You mean stone age barely sentient animals (humans in general) didn't have genealogical records or incest taboos? Wtf?

I assume societies back then were pseudopolygomous, so it'd be pretty hard to keep track of which kids were your mother's kids, much less who your manslut father boned ~15 years ago.

Most genetic evidence supports your gut, yeah. Humans and our related evolutionary branches seem to work best (biologically speaking) with monogamy supported by occasional adultery.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
That 23-year-old girl that added me last night from People Nearby is quite the product of Chinese education...

Her: "What were you doing in X (area where she lives)?"
Me: *Send a photo of my dinner*
Her: "You were eating?"
Me: "No, just looking at food I paid for. I didn't eat it."
Her: "You came to X to eat dinner?"
Me: "That's what the photo of food means."
Her: "Are you hungry?"

*This morning*
Her: "What will you do today?"
Me: "I have no plans. The rain is strong, and I don't want to go out. Maybe I will go eat pizza later for lunch."
Her: "Do you like pizza?"
Me: "No, I hate pizza, which is why I will go eat pizza."
Her: "Really?"
Me: "If I did not like pizza, why would I go eat pizza?"
Her: "Ok..."

Arglebargle III posted:

It's a sad scene. Get out while you can.

Outrail posted:

Hey hey HEY... I'm just making a yoke, since China likes to claim they were first at everything ever.

The Great Autismo! posted:

grabbed this national geographic-esque shot from my driver's car as we went into shenyang yesterday
This is beautiful and owns. Was he an e-bike rider? He had to be an e-biker, because flip-flops.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

The Great Autismo! posted:

Wow! I'm kind of shocked that you actually posted a picture of people doing stuff. Normally it's just, "I was walking home the other day and this crazy thing happened... and anyway, I took pics maybe I'll upload them later."

***Two days later**

"I know I told you that story about that crazy thing that happened, but I don't feel like showing the pics. Anyway, here's a dozen high-res photos of a mildly interesting sculpture or a lake on an overcast day!"

Haier posted:

That 23-year-old girl that added me last night from People Nearby is quite the product of Chinese education...

Her: "What were you doing in X (area where she lives)?"
Me: *Send a photo of my dinner*
Her: "You were eating?"
Me: "No, just looking at food I paid for. I didn't eat it."
Her: "You came to X to eat dinner?"
Me: "That's what the photo of food means."
Her: "Are you hungry?"

*This morning*
Her: "What will you do today?"
Me: "I have no plans. The rain is strong, and I don't want to go out. Maybe I will go eat pizza later for lunch."
Her: "Do you like pizza?"
Me: "No, I hate pizza, which is why I will go eat pizza."
Her: "Really?"
Me: "If I did not like pizza, why would I go eat pizza?"
Her: "Ok..."

In my experience, Chinese will generally pretend to know what you are saying even if they don't. It's a useful way to keep the conversation going without things getting awkward. Of course, it takes some skill and still decent language skills. Repeating back some words in the form of a question doesn't work if you have no clue what they're saying at all.

mrbotus fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jun 17, 2017

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I think the ebike under the front of the van is a better indication.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

nickmeister posted:

Wow! I'm kind of shocked that you actually posted a picture of people doing stuff. Normally it's just, "I was walking home the other day and this crazy thing happened... and anyway, I took pics maybe I'll upload them later."

***Two days later**

"I know I told you that story about that crazy thing that happened, but I don't feel like showing the pics. Anyway, here's a dozen high-res photos of a mildly interesting sculpture or a lake on an overcast day!".

I uploaded all those fight pics a long time ago what are you talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Worst traffic injury I suffered in China was november 2012, on my way to work, some rear end in a top hat on an ebike comes hurtling down the hill from the bridge by Jinyuan Shopping Center. We're approaching the entrance to the parking lot, and the bike lane is congested ahead. There are cars coming through in 2 different directions, people walking, and multiple bicycles either stopped or slowed to a crawl. I slowed down to try and navigate this chaos. I came alongside a VW Magotan, and then I was sent hurtling forward, as shithead's ebike slammed into my rear wheel. I took a lot of the impact through my hands, actually, which stung like hell. I staggered onto the sidewalk, then tried to get my footing as I stumbled sideways. I finally stopped when my head slammed into a light pole.

The idiot just stood there staring. I cussed at him in English a bit and shooed him away. I thought I was fine, but I wasn't.

I had something like a scrape behind my ear, where my head had slammed sideways into the pole. If I hadn't been wearing a helmet, I think I'd be dead. There was no tear in my pants, but it turned out I'd torn my knee open, too. Blood was running down my leg. It just wouldn't stop. I didn't realize how bad it was until much later. I just bled all day at work, and until I got stitches the next day.

I think what the moron had been trying to do was to thread a needle between me and that VW, a gap maybe 2 feet across.

On the plus side, my rear wheel had been warped before that accident. It was straight after it.

• Locked thread