Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I hope we are about to see the NBA trade version of turning a red paper clip into a house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm dying

I'm freaking out !!!!!!!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I am ready for a Fultz/Embiid dynasty

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I guess Boston likes Jackson after all

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

euphronius posted:

I'm dying

I'm freaking out !!!!!!!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
This is such a stupid move by Ainge.

The Sixers won't be the worst team in the league by far next year so you're trading a guy with superstar potential for...two 3-6 range picks?

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

morestuff posted:

I guess Boston likes Jackson after all

Only thing I can figure.

hachi machi let's get weird no need to wait until the 22nd

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/875823645913792512

:agesilaus:

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

If your evaluations have Fultz and Jackson on the same level, then you make that trade every time. Personally I think Fultz is a much surer bet but then again I haven't met the guys and seen them work out and so forth. Jackson and Brown could be a brutal defensive wing tandem in 2-4 years.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The funniest thing that could happen would be the Sixers/Celtics making the trade. Followed by the Lakers drafting Jackson at 2.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fast Luck posted:

My very stupid opinion is that Ainge is addicted to collecting assets, so the Sixers should give him their #3 pick this year and their pick next year and Okafor or whatever to move up to #1 for Fultz
This is just what I wanted the Sixers to do! Fultz/Simmons/Covington/Embiid is such a good core

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The fit of fultz on the sixers is worth the cost imho

Trade anything but Simmons or embiid

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spacebump posted:

I hope we are about to see the NBA trade version of turning a red paper clip into a house.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
The Celtics better elicit a king's ransom from the Sixers in order to justify moving down from 1 to 3. At least the #3 pick plus two more first rounders at the minimum. Maybe 3 more

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ahaha

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

What the gently caress is Ainge doing

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sixers have way more assets to trade than the lakers including the lakers own pick lol

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
danny ainge is an rear end(et) man

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Collecting draft assets to get George and butler makes sense

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

:lol: this is all because the Sixers got to move up 2 spots for free because of Vlade's stupid rear end

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

So I'm assuming Jackson and Fultz still got in the top 3 meaning this doesn't impact the rest of the draft. Philly really wasn't going to take Monk at #3 after all?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/realjakehyman/status/875831165772550144

Posting for the picture not the joke

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm in shock. Let's go Sixers

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

JesusSinfulHands posted:

The Celtics better elicit a king's ransom from the Sixers in order to justify moving down from 1 to 3. At least the #3 pick plus two more first rounders at the minimum. Maybe 3 more

You are drastically overvaluing the pick. The only actual players taken at 1 with anywhere near that kind of value in the last ten years are Davis and Towns. That would be a gross overpay for Wall or Irving, who unlike a guy who we've never seen play in the NBA have a near 0 chance of busting out of the league after the trade.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

WhyteRyce posted:

:lol: this is all because the Sixers got to move up 2 spots for free because of Vlade's stupid rear end

The statue outside the Wells Fargo Center will not be Fultz or Embiid, but an elaborate Rube-Goldberg machine that begins with Carl Landry and Vlade.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

This only makes sense if Boston is going to try to swing for a Paul George / Jimmy Butler type player, right? Unless Ainge is just obsessed with 1st round picks

Assuming they could sign Hayward, having Jackson / Hayward / Bradley / Brown as well as one of PG / Butler all on the same team would be an insane bunch of wings that could switch a hell of a lot

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

There were rumors coming out today that they really liked Josh Jackson. It would also make sense if they think he's BPA and by trading down they can get him and assets both.

Maybe they draft Jackson and then focus on landing Blake Griffin or someone before Hayward.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ITS HAPPENING

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Eagerly awaiting Lonzo Ball as a Celtic

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not sure Magic is sharp enough to draft Jackson over Ball. I thought maybe but this Jerry West fiasco has me thinking that he may in fact be a greenhorn babby at this

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

quote:

Lowe confirmed no players would be involved, and said at the moment all he could say was the deal would include the third overall pick and one future first. As Lowe speculated, the future pick could include the Lakers unprotected 2018 pick, or the Sacramento Kings unprotected 2019 first. There will presumably be more than that included in the trade.

From a SportsCenter hit

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/stevekylernba/status/875841933725270016

Do iiiit

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I can't even be mad at that haul if it's true

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ainge treats picks like I treat megalixers. Hoard that poo poo and only use 1 if I know I can get 3-4 more in the next dungeon.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Somehow, Vivek is gonna give up a first-rounder in this trade, despite not even being part of the deal.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lakers unprotected is good but sixers pick is like not a lotto pick so ... meh

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

Ă¢Â€Â• Corey Dostoyevsky
the celtics eternally building for a distant future

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ainge is that depression era grandpa who doesn't trust banks (the draft) and basically has money (future picks) stashed all throughout the house

Somewhere out in the backyard is a buried Folgers can which has a 2034 second rounder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Lakers 2018 is way valuable, but if it's Sixers 2019 pick it (hopefully) won't be a lottery pick anyway

• Locked thread