Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

What's this about?

https://twitter.com/DC_Pilots/status/875395729426186241

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

About this, I'm betting:

https://twitter.com/BrianAdams66/status/875013746732695552

I think it passed.

e: https://twitter.com/ERLC/status/874712658200543232

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Yeah, it passed, but there was a huge hissyfit over a resolution to condemn white supremacy, which made specific mention of the alt-right among other things. Not a good look for the Southern Baptists...

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Azathoth posted:

Yeah, it passed, but there was a huge hissyfit over a resolution to condemn white supremacy, which made specific mention of the alt-right among other things. Not a good look for the Southern Baptists...

Well they did originally come into existence due to the split among Baptists over the slave issue in the 1840s, and were among the loudest voices in the antebellum South for the "slavery as positive good" justification. Not surprising even at this late date and with the Black Baptists among them that it took some teeth pulling.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lol thats rich coming from a community that counts thernovith and pjw among its leaders

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/875592455365599234

this is too much for me

i can't decide if this is fake or not but there are a bunch of trump voters in the replies talking about how they don't speak to their children anymore so i guess it's close enough

Badger of Basra has issued a correction as of 22:55 on Jun 16, 2017

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Badger of Basra posted:

this is too much for me

i can't decide if this is fake or not but there are a bunch of trump voters in the replies talking about how they don't speak to their children anymore so i guess it's close enough

yeah Freep has the same kinda of problem, it really comes up when Thanksgiving and Christmas are near. Lots of "My children don't talk to me so i'm all alone in my house boo hoo."

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Badger of Basra posted:

this is too much for me

As someone who experienced the same thing (up to my mom outright blocking me on FB) I imagine it's probably real. Granted the roles were reversed and she blocked me for not voting Trump but there was a period for about 2-3 months where she straight up wouldn't talk to me in anything other than mono-syllabic texts that I had to initiate. We're talking now and we'll probably be fine so long as neither of us ever brings up politics again. I'd have more of a stake in changing her mind if she actually voted. There's few things like knowing the woman who gave birth to you is sickened by you because an orange piss-baby and his minions told her to be.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Deified Data posted:

As someone who experienced the same thing (up to my mom outright blocking me on FB) I imagine it's probably real. Granted the roles were reversed and she blocked me for not voting Trump but there was a period for about 2-3 months where she straight up wouldn't talk to me in anything other than mono-syllabic texts that I had to initiate. We're talking now and we'll probably be fine so long as neither of us ever brings up politics again. I'd have more of a stake in changing her mind if she actually voted. There's few things like knowing the woman who gave birth to you is sickened by you because an orange piss-baby and his minions told her to be.

:same:

but she also invested in iraqi dinar as a retirement fund so, i just assume somewhere i have that dumbass gene too.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

The guys in these pics look like normal people. Hell, the center-left one has a girlfriend (a white one, even!). I don't get what they're mad about, that they don't look like the Greco-Roman statues that they jerk off to?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

All the anecdotes I see in this and the twitter thread are the reverse scenario from the image, which depicts the younger family member supporting Trump.

There are Trump voters with living parents, and some of them must not be Trump voters themselves, but the image is bullshit: whether it's real or not doesn't matter to the people posting it.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that image is fake because no humans related by blood have ever had a conversation that stilted. That reads like a line from a play written by a kid named Naethan that goes to a private high school that costs more than the median family income.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Badger of Basra posted:

this is too much for me

Fake. The dad is emotional and basically a MAGA caricature of a lib. The son is rational, earnest, and trying to make peace.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

The reason I'm going to call fake is because if there is one thing I can guarantee, it is that Donald Trump has not once in his entire life been accused of being a know-it-all.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
thank you antifa

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

now do one with "what if the child consents tho?"

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Deified Data posted:

:sever:

https://twitter.com/DC_Pilots/status/874129799723220992

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 09:18 on Jun 17, 2017

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
imagine being a white american, literally the most privileged nationality/race combo on the planet due to being colonizers who committed genocide against the indigenous people and then enslaved another continent of people to build a country for them

and still having a victim complex about "white identity"

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
i wonder what % of the right/alt-right is sociopath v.s. stupid v.s. just wholly uninformed etc.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
like I imagine a good chunk of them just have no real historical knowledge, but there's definitely a lot that do, probably due to being very online, they just think all the atrocities were good, then there's another section of their weird culture that thinks its all conspiracies

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Ace of Baes posted:

i wonder what % of the right/alt-right is sociopath v.s. stupid v.s. just wholly uninformed etc.
a reinforcing combination of all 3 is likely

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
after the violent revolution we should put these people into laboratories and study them to stop this from ever happening again

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
*clearing throat*
Anime was a mistake.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Ace of Baes posted:

*clearing throat*
Anime was a mistake.
first against the wall

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Anime is aesthetic wish fulfillment, aka, Fascism.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Your avatar is anime

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Baloogan posted:

Your avatar is anime

Actually it's American.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
sure its anime-influenced cartoon / amerime

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Baloogan posted:

sure its anime-influenced cartoon / amerime

its the classic 1930's american anime style

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
anime is merely a reflection of the human psyche, you hate anime, but really you just hate yourself

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
this is also anime

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
some more anime

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Ace of Baes posted:

its the classic 1930's american anime style

lol so you have anime tats and dont realize there anime

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
i dont have any tattoos dumbass

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
this is actually the thread to make fun of right wing dipshits, the thread youre looking for is in gbs i think

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
man its cool, just pointing out the hypocratsy in having an anime avatar and hating on anime

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
i like anime, its just bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
i like the adam sandler movies from the 90s too