Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

tcjimbo posted:

I think people who play healers probably aren't good enough to carry games so they choose the raidleader's girlfriend role.

You're just jealous of people that can actually play support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together

tcjimbo posted:

I think people who play healers probably aren't good enough to carry games so they choose the raidleader's girlfriend role.

I got to rank 1 in preseason playing mostly Rehgar.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Carried by your boyfriend surely :smug:

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
Look, I have to be the Valla, no one else can right click things as good as I can

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Blizzard is making raptor mount arms swing naturally :toot:

quote:

Thank you, everyone, for all your feedback and comments regarding the animation of the Raptor mount.
The team has heard you loud and clear: We have decided that it is best to re-author the animations in response to your feedback.
Community feedback is foundational to the construction of a better game. Thank you, again, for the sentiments we continue to receive, and all the responses we’ve received in the past.
GLHF, and I’ll see you in the Nexus.
--Lana Bachynski
PS, The animator responsible is now confined to the coffee room playing on a special client where he can only pick Genji but W, E, and D are disabled.

source

e: unrelated: 3rd time a new brawl has had the AFK bug lol

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Now make it so you don't get dropped for inactivity on the brawl pick screen.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yukari posted:

Got to try out spiders Nazeebo for a few games. How do you stack up voodoo ritual fast without running OOM?

Here's the Nazeebo build I've been running recently and having great success with:

https://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/nazeebo#oqF-

Blood Ritual basically means you never, ever run out of mana and can just lane indefinitely. If the enemy team has a comp where you getting dived and obliterated isn't a huge deal, you can swap Thing of the Deep for Widowmakers on level 1.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Der Shovel posted:

Here's the Nazeebo build I've been running recently and having great success with:

https://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/nazeebo#oqF-

Blood Ritual basically means you never, ever run out of mana and can just lane indefinitely. If the enemy team has a comp where you getting dived and obliterated isn't a huge deal, you can swap Thing of the Deep for Widowmakers on level 1.

I think the moral of Nazeebo chat is he's actually hit that ideal of there not being a One True Build. Spiders are a really solid core to build around, but you're going to be taking slightly different talents based on the enemy team comp most games.

To the point where against enough melee you say gently caress it and drop frogs in their face.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Relentless posted:

I think the moral of Nazeebo chat is he's actually hit that ideal of there not being a One True Build. Spiders are a really solid core to build around, but you're going to be taking slightly different talents based on the enemy team comp most games.

To the point where against enough melee you say gently caress it and drop frogs in their face.

Nah.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Nazeebo good???

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

His winrate is above 50% on every map except Hanamura iirc

He is also fun as gently caress to play. So yes.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Like I said earlier, Nazeebo has been my favourite hero since I started playing and he's in a great place right now IMO.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Spudd posted:

Nazeebo good???

He's The Best There Is At What He Does on Dragon Shire, very good on Tomb and Cursed Hollow, above average on Sky Temple, Junction, and maybe the Belltower map.

He's not great on 2-lane maps, but does well on BoE in QM/HL because ~spiders~, because really, you don't need that sort of function on them, less that he's not good, himself.

In QM, you can auto-lock spiders for an above average winrate by bullying your lane a bit and just massively soaking XP until you have tank-sized HP pool and turn into literal Superman at 20.

He's super duper bad if you just start roaming jungle for ganks and neglect your laning and don't get spider quest done ASAP.

So, yes. Nazeebo good. He's not OMG Amazeballs instapick like Greymane, Calls, Genji, or Anybody, but he's probably the dude you want to send off to an island to lane more often than Zagara or Xul right now because his endgame power spike is absurd and his power level is progresses a lot smoother when you get bumps at like 5 and 7 that are really noticeable.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Wot's calls

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
One of the frustrating things about playing Nazeebo (but not limited to him) is how inconsistent Blizz has implemented debuffs and triggers in the game.

Kerrigan goes apeshit on Punisher map because she can chain Ravage the little dudes at shrines.

Nazeebo (and Rag/Azmo/Murky etc.) get dick all from the little poo poo monsters on Punisher/Garden/Zerg maps.

I get that that makes it so we don't just see the same 10-15 dudes on every map, but having to look at every ability all the time and weigh "Non-structure targets" vs. "Non-heroic targets" vs. "Minions and Non-Boss Mercenaries" vs. "Minions and Monsters" (which, if I remember correctly, are all limiters in l-fame right now) is real dumb.

This poo poo needs to be given a pass and simplified drastically and exclusions should be for real core balance issues.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

BrianBoitano posted:

e: and very likely, neither is the duder who asked in the first place.

I absolutely 100% guarantee that I am a bad hotser. :v:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Naz has been solid since I started playing, around the time Karl'Thot was released.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I miss frog nazeebo

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Frogs are great vs Illidan, just toss them behind you when you see him coming in for the dive

If you have the 5 frogs talents half his health is instantly gone lol

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Snacksmaniac posted:

I miss frog nazeebo

You're in luck then because they haven't gone anywhere.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Libertine posted:

You're in luck then because they haven't gone anywhere.

The garbage can is somewhere.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

I tried the new brawl but it dropped us all for inactivity during the second picking phase :thunk:

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Yeah this was something. First game was a steamroll against my team as the other team had two groups of two working together, and my group was random. And between matches in that game some of my fellow players may have been disconnected.

Second game the team I was on steamrolled the other group, as everyone except one person was in the top lane fighting while one person was in the bottom lane getting the cannonballs and loading them, getting us the max 5 shots. And then everyone was Ragnaros in the second round, and yes I at least got AFK messages before the finish of the first round, and was briefly disconnected by the time the second round started, and that round was just murder. The other team managed to get 2 shots off though.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I'm the 30 second pick timer that drops you because of 30 seconds of inactivity then ends the brawl immediately because there's not enough players

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Toshimo posted:

I'd argue that it's the best answer, since it's the result of rigorous testing by people who generally know the ins and outs of the game.

It's hard to apply that data generally because pro teams play in a unique meta where picks reflect organized strategies and counterpicks against certain teams.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Toady posted:

It's hard to apply that data generally because pro teams play in a unique meta where picks reflect organized strategies and counterpicks against certain teams.

Also they literally play on previous patches without map rotations. Making the data completely worthless if say a patch dropped this week and someone asked 'Right now what's strong and what's weak?'

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I just had a game where our immortal at nearly 100% health destroyed a keep and got stuck behind it because the pathing couldn't figure out how to get to the tower......

Also malthael does a ton of damage to immortals during the battle phase, but doesn't do that much after that phase for some reason?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Also malthael does a ton of damage to immortals during the battle phase, but doesn't do that much after that phase for some reason?

I've been told this is a graphical bug because Monster damage is capped, but it sure feels that way.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

It looked like a solo malth was out-pacing four of us in a race to burst the immortal, so we had to go defend and kill him. It was insane.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I think I'm speaking a different ping language than other folks. Someone pings bruisers, then hits the camp across the map alone. They ping the enemy and start moving so I dive in with em, then they turn around and leave after I'm committed, never actually engaging. Ping danger on an area, then wander around it alone and get ganked.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Are you pinging to alert the team that mercs are approaching one of our keeps or are you pinging to let us know that you're taking care of it?

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I'm going to go ahead and say that Nazeebo is the best QM hero in the game. He's good on point control maps and monster killing maps, and his zoning makes him a hard target in full squish comps and is even better when you have a tank to work with. In a random game mode where you never know what you're going to get he is more consistently useful than any other hero.

Yes, I just spent a bunch of games playing against them and a good Nazeebo is annoying as poo poo to deal with in the average poo poo comp QM game.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together

BrianBoitano posted:

Carried by your boyfriend surely :smug:

The best part about this post is that I'm an IRL gay dude.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I play QM like an idiot. Ran into a group that was Morales + Malth. She'd hit him with a stim drone, he'd pop into the middle of us and we all loving exploded in about 3 seconds. Repeatedly.

It was terrifying. We basically stopped trying to even engage and ran the gently caress away whenever we saw them.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Well yeah, all else equal you run from an enemy who popped a short-duration ult.

Malth doesn't benefit as much from stim as any other AA hero, save for Lunara.

E: I'll walk that back a bit. Speed is useful for him, and spreading your trait around is good. He still kills slowly though, he'll just be doing it to an entire team.

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jun 17, 2017

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I'm probably misremembering some parts, but we all died very quickly a lot.

Anyhow,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rayrlEErT0

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Which version of Azmodunk should I craft? This obviously is the most important decision I will ever make in this game, so I've been constantly second-guessing myself. I've been tending towards the one with the striped shorts but purple also isn't a bad look for him and this is so hard. D:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

MMAgCh posted:

Which version of Azmodunk should I craft?

All of them. And the matching banner mounts.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I can't remember which, but I think some of azmodunk's abilities are colored for the "original" skin regardless which of the three you use. So if you're :sperg: about that then get the original. I really like the purple one personally.

W.T. Fits posted:

All of them. And the matching banner mounts.

NO YOU IDIOT!! THE NBA JAM ON FIRE SNEAKERS ARE THE BEST MOUNT IN THE GAME AND THEY'RE FREE WITH AZMODUNK SKIN!!!!

the purple banner mount is very dope with the purple super hero Sonya skin tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FieryBalrog
Apr 7, 2010
Grimey Drawer
EU is tearing through the MSB tournament