Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

remove the final colon

but enough about scalise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

anyway, the anti4e people are the same group of people who post the word cuck, wear red hats, and think not masturbating is some sort of badge of honor

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
spiders are cool and one time i happened to catch one spinning a web outside the apartment i lived in at the time so i pulled one of the lawnchairs i was using as furniture at hte time and put it on the sidewalk and smoked a cigar and drank like 6 beers and called up family members as i watched it cumshit web stuff out of its rear end

some weirdos hassled me for it and id just be like "one sec cousin joey SOME GUY IS BEING A DICK, THE GUY IN THE FLANNEL WHO IS FLIPPING ME THE BIRD NOW and ok he is gone what were you seaying?"

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

mariana when you played did you marry anomen and live with him in your castle

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Lastgirl posted:

they like cold play and voted for nazis once, dont trust people

ya viva la vida

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NecroMonster posted:

anyway, the anti4e people are the same group of people who post the word cuck, wear red hats, and think not masturbating is some sort of badge of honor

I was briefly anti-4E based on a quick look at the books at a campus game group. I wanted to make a skill monkey rogue or a utility wizard, and the options were not there in black-and-white spelled out for me. Coming from a 3rd-edition mindset, this just made me throw up my hands and say to hell with it. So, I can get why some people might have initial bad impressions.

It's a balanced combat system. It's got abilities written out like a technical manual. It is a very easy to read and grasp system. And if you want stuff beyond combat, as has always been gently stated in D&D since forever you can just do whatever the DM lets you do. That's a hard thing to wrap your head around if you're not used to free form or story games, and I imagine it led a lot of people to hate it. Also there was something to do with the publishing of the books or whatever?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i mean elminster himself marries you to anomen thats p big

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!
gently caress how many trump days is it? Op fix

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

trump

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
beause i was sitting out drunk on the sidewalk i met this fat crippled buddhist shutin who i hung out with and smoked weed with a few times and then he brought his gay indian buddy over and the theree of us hung out for all of 15 minutes. then after they left the indian dude ran up to my door with his 15 day old std test and was like "hey cumshitter gently caress my rear end im clean"

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

the disease tracks in 4e were great and should have been the main way any damage at all progressed

just rip out the entire hp and conditions systems, replace it w some version of the disease tracks

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
viconia best waifu tho

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Addamere posted:

I was briefly anti-4E based on a quick look at the books at a campus game group. I wanted to make a skill monkey rogue or a utility wizard, and the options were not there in black-and-white spelled out for me. Coming from a 3rd-edition mindset, this just made me throw up my hands and say to hell with it. So, I can get why some people might have initial bad impressions.

It's a balanced combat system. It's got abilities written out like a technical manual. It is a very easy to read and grasp system. And if you want stuff beyond combat, as has always been gently stated in D&D since forever you can just do whatever the DM lets you do. That's a hard thing to wrap your head around if you're not used to free form or story games, and I imagine it led a lot of people to hate it. Also there was something to do with the publishing of the books or whatever?

a lot of it had to do with taking things away from white men wizards and making minorities fighters good.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

JosefStalinator posted:

mariana when you played did you marry anomen and live with him in your castle

nah i kept him until he rage quit cause of party drama and then when he finally went aggro just went slayer mode and blew him into lil righteous pieces lol :rip:

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Jeb!

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NecroMonster posted:

a lot of it had to do with taking things away from white men wizards and making minorities fighters good.

:hai:

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mariana Horchata posted:

nah i kept him until he rage quit cause of party drama and then when he finally went aggro just went slayer mode and blew him into lil righteous pieces lol :rip:

this was the correct answer, he was a sanctimonious prick

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
seriously though what the gently caress is wrong with the previous thread why can i not click it

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

edit nevermind

GrimGypsy has issued a correction as of 07:32 on Jun 17, 2017

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
plus why would you ever run any tank but minsc or sarevok

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Addamere posted:

seriously though what the gently caress is wrong with the previous thread why can i not click it

someone made an explicit death threat to a sitting congressman from bumfuck i forget where

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mariana Horchata posted:

very nice

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I'm not joking. That was a huge amount of the hate and definitely the largest part.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
romancing aerie is like that ep of arrested development where he accidentally dates the retarded girl

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

yes, yes i do

tyvm Dr. 4 ur insight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzE7S3na3J0

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Addamere posted:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JosefStalinator posted:

plus why would you ever run any tank but minsc or sarevok

i never played baldurs gate 2 past the intro level where you meet minsc

i really should fix that but my discs have long since disappeared

wasnt there a remake sometime recent?

i also never played icewind dale or any of the other games of that era

am i actually missing out on a good game or is everyone nostalgic and will it feel like poo poo compared to modern offerings?

also how much will i miss out on just watching a goon lp of it?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mariana Horchata posted:

yes, yes i do

tyvm Dr. 4 ur insight

dang the way benjamin carson looks at thew orld is real h*ecked up :thunk:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

King of the Beach posted:

ya viva la vida

nah ricky martins ok

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

it went: taking away magic user privilege > being well written technically > fewer options (and thus far far far far far fewer bad options) > the first "version" had some math mistakes that made combat slow

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cumshitter posted:

someone made an explicit death threat to a sitting congressman from bumfuck i forget where

ok so ... why can i not click on the thread?

like, the thread still exists. it is in my bookmarks. somehow its views keep increasing. but clicking on it takes me to that error.

is it just not possible to actually delete threads on this forum? or something? cannot the offending post just be removed?

i am not a clever man, please explain the internet to me like im 5

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i banged the indian guy a few times but he was a sloppy kisser so i stopped. but then i got drunk and wandered back to his place and knocked on his door. he was like two blocks down from me. i remember that because the guy who owned the house next to him was some kind of custom car maker. for like 3 months he had a loving lambo that was shaped like a woman's shoe parked in his driveway

anyway, i knocked on his door and instead of getting him i got his parents. apparently he had moved out. i assumed he was not out to them so i was like, "Oh, sorry. Ajit used to help me with my math homework and he wasn't answering his phone. Sorry for bothering you. He is a good boy and deffo not gay."

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Addamere posted:

i never played baldurs gate 2 past the intro level where you meet minsc

i really should fix that but my discs have long since disappeared

wasnt there a remake sometime recent?

i also never played icewind dale or any of the other games of that era

am i actually missing out on a good game or is everyone nostalgic and will it feel like poo poo compared to modern offerings?

also how much will i miss out on just watching a goon lp of it?

i mean the honest answe is that it has aged a bit, and not everyone likes the isometric thing anymore

But its really a legit good game and its not just nostalgia, i think they came out with an enhanced edition recently but i never bought it so i honestly can't tell you if it's any good. I think i read that the best way to play now is to get the enhanced edition and do some unofficial patch and go hog wild.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

also the powers in 4e should have been printed on actual cards so they could have fun mechanics like when you use a power,flip the card over, and on some cards have a whole new power on the back

like ok its impossible to use this attack power two turns in a row, but you can alternate it w this other attack power that does no damage but has a control effect!!!! or like a utility power so that if you want to do yr big sneaky stab again you need to do some actual thief gymnastics (using a thief gymnastics power) to flip the card back over

i was impressed af w 4e and imsad grognards killed it

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Addamere posted:

ok so ... why can i not click on the thread?

like, the thread still exists. it is in my bookmarks. somehow its views keep increasing. but clicking on it takes me to that error.

is it just not possible to actually delete threads on this forum? or something? cannot the offending post just be removed?

i am not a clever man, please explain the internet to me like im 5

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
baldur's gate 1 is also really good and BG2 continues the story of 1, but it's not a requirement you play BG1 first. BG2 is an improvement in every single way.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

cumshitter posted:

anyway, i knocked on his door and instead of getting him i got his parents. apparently he had moved out. i assumed he was not out to them so i was like, "Oh, sorry. Ajit used to help me with my math homework and he wasn't answering his phone. Sorry for bothering you. He is a good boy and deffo not gay."

Ajit Pai is an extremely, incredibly bad person though and he is an enemy of the people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
the voice acting for irenicus is superb in BG2, one of the best vidja game performances

• Locked thread