Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

get that OUT of my face posted:

yankee stadium doesn't allow vaping in games, much like they don't allow smoking

i remember when charlie sheen left a LA Kings playoff game in 2012 to smoke outside and lost his poo poo when they wouldn't let him back in

haha what kind of lovely stadium doesnt allow for reentry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

got any sevens posted:

haha what kind of lovely stadium doesnt allow for reentry
i'm pretty sure that's standard arena and stadium policy

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

This is pretty much standard everywhere.

yeah, vaping is treated like smoking, which is pretty proper as you can see something when it leaves your mouth

that is the way the law is written iirc

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

get that OUT of my face posted:

i'm pretty sure that's standard arena and stadium policy

every stadium and even bars with cover charges or concerts I've been to allows for rewntry. maybe its a WA state law?

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Tobacco is p good, shame about the cancer part

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

VOTE YES ON 69 posted:

Tobacco is p good, shame about the cancer part

have you tried edibles?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Weeping Wound posted:

yeah, vaping is treated like smoking, which is pretty proper as you can see something when it leaves your mouth

that is the way the law is written iirc

This is retarded hth

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

There's no combustion or carcinogens but I see a cloud? Bad!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Blue Train posted:

There's no combustion or carcinogens but I see a cloud? Bad!

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

:owned:

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

rudatron posted:

Smoking ban in restaurants is for the workers there, fucken deal with it

It's a shame we still have corporate slavery where workers aren't allowed to find different jobs and are instead forced to labor in conditions they personally feel are unhealthy.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
'find a different job' is a stupid response because workers don't have the luxury of not working indefinitely, nor is getting a job easy, nor do they necessarily now what they're getting into before the job happens, or even the health risks at all - all of which employers exploit.

it the same reason we have other health and safety laws - 'find another job lol' does not fly for working in any other unsafe environment.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ChesterJT posted:

It's a shame we still have corporate slavery where workers aren't allowed to find different jobs and are instead forced to labor in conditions they personally feel are unhealthy.

Why don't you just move to a different country where you can smoke all you like you stupid piece of poo poo

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You should go to France where it is considered rude to not be smoking

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Or go to Italy where you can smoke in any building the pope hasn't been in

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Or maybe just gently caress off back to the golf course you idiot middle-aged suburban dad opinion having clown

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Guy Goodbody posted:

have you tried edibles?

chaw melts ur jaw

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

rudatron posted:

'find a different job' is a stupid response because workers don't have the luxury of not working indefinitely, nor is getting a job easy, nor do they necessarily now what they're getting into before the job happens, or even the health risks at all - all of which employers exploit.

Did you know you can look for a job while still holding one? Some people even work two at the same time!

I also like the idea someone would apply and presumably interview for a job at a smoking restaurant/bar then show up to work day one and be shocked the people that were there weren't actors and in fact people smoke there.

Crane Fist posted:

Or maybe just gently caress off back to the golf course you idiot middle-aged suburban dad opinion having clown

Golf is pretty fun and relaxing. Perhaps you should try it

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

ChesterJT posted:

Did you know you can look for a job while still holding one? Some people even work two at the same time!

I also like the idea someone would apply and presumably interview for a job at a smoking restaurant/bar then show up to work day one and be shocked the people that were there weren't actors and in fact people smoke there.

Golf is pretty fun and relaxing. Perhaps you should try it

but what if all my experience is in waitstaffing and/or bartending and i'm in a city where there's no smoking ban ie every place that serves alcohol is sheathed within a cloud of smoke

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i hear that in spain, people openly don't give a poo poo about no smoking zones

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

but what if all my experience is in waitstaffing and/or bartending and i'm in a city where there's no smoking ban ie every place that serves alcohol is sheathed within a cloud of smoke

What paradise is this where every bar in a city allows smoking?

Crane Fist posted:

I would like to move to your world where people take jobs for the sheer fun of it, as opposed to working wherever you can because it's that or literally starve on the street

It's almost as if there's a third option that isn't one of those two extremes.

ChesterJT has issued a correction as of 04:04 on Jun 17, 2017

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ChesterJT posted:

I would like to move to your world where people take jobs for the sheer fun of it, as opposed to working wherever you can because it's that or literally starve on the street

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ChesterJT posted:

What paradise is this where every bar in a city allows smoking?

Every city in the world 20 years ago before people started trying to make a change?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Crane Fist posted:

Every city in the world 20 years ago before people started trying to make a change?

Tell me about leaded gas grandpa

Missingnoleader
Mar 10, 2014

The reason why chef's in restaurant smoke because it gives them extra break time.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Blue Train posted:

BACK IN MY DAY JETS WERE ALLOWED TO BREAK THE SOUND BARRIER!

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Blue Train posted:

It's my fault because I wasn't aware we were having a discussion based on the state of the world 20 years ago rather than what's happening now. I feel so stupid. :negative:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ChesterJT posted:

It's my fault because I wasn't aware we were having a discussion based on the state of the world 20 years ago rather than what's happening now. I feel so stupid. :negative:

Yeah nice try dumbass but you're the one acting like people have the option to just drop their job and get another one like you change a shirt, you clueless gated-community dipshit

Toplowtech posted:

And it's also considered pretty normal to be rude.

In fact it's actually rude not to be

some plague rats has issued a correction as of 04:12 on Jun 17, 2017

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Crane Fist posted:

You should go to France where it is considered rude to not be smoking
And it's also considered pretty normal to be rude.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

idk it's really lovely/irresponsible to smoke indoors in apartments where you're exposing other, for lack of a better word, non-consenting people to second-hand smoke. including children.

no offense but I don't wanna breathe that poo poo in anymore or have my clothes reek, I had to for the first 20+ years of my life, and I'm glad everyone here has the decency to smoke outside

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Dreddout posted:

BACK IN MY DAY JETS WERE ALLOWED TO BREAK THE SOUND BARRIER!

They still are, it's just not economical.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

lol at all the smokers in this thread who spend all day posting about full communism now, yet cannot stop damaging their own health even when it serves the greater social good

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

we've already established that vaping is inherently emancipatory for the worker

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Commerz posted:

lol at all the smokers in this thread who spend all day posting about full communism now, yet cannot stop damaging their own health even when it serves the greater social good

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
where are the soulless non-drinkers non-smokers non-drug

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

rudatron posted:

where are the soulless non-drinkers non-smokers non-drug

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Commerz posted:

lol do you stand for anything besides smug negs and an oversize av?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Smoking in bars an clubs is Good yes but I'm happy theres no smoking in restaurants

Some people say that they don't go out because of the smoke and I'm happy these people stay home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

please do not equate drinking with smoking, one is extremely good and cool while the other is extremely bad and uncool

edit: I stand for the national anthem grognan