Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Haven't seen this posted on any news sites so it's maybe not going to be announced until tomorrow, but Gareth Davies, Kristian Dacey, Thomas Francis and Cory Hill have been called up to the Lions squad. They were all in New Zealand anyway, as part of the Wales squad.

Cory Hill has like, 3 caps. Eddie Jones is going to have a fit.

Tyma fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jun 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
Meh, better than 2013 when Gatland called up a bunch of English players which ruined the team's cohesiveness both during and after the tour.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Tyma posted:

Haven't seen this posted on any news sites so it's maybe not going to be announced until tomorrow, but Gareth Davies, Kristian Dacey, Thomas Francis and Cory Hill have been called up to the Lions squad. They were all in New Zealand anyway, as part of the Wales squad.

Allan Dell and Finn Russell, whom are already in Australia too. There may also be a further loose forward called up since Ross Moriarty's been ruled out of the tour.

And Eddie's already pretty pissed.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/40310086

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jun 17, 2017

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Kristian Who?

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
On the bright side, maybe after this tour people won't talk about 2005 as much.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
I don't want to concern anyone but Scotland appear to be flaying fast flowing rugby right now... Russell looks on fire.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Come on Scotland, don't Scotland this!!

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
There have been some spectacular failed last passes by the Aussies.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Can one of the Aussies explain Tom Robertson? Why is he so aggressively average at being a prop, and why's he getting selected?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Tyma posted:

Well Thomas Francis was born in England so Jones can rest easy.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Wrap it up, Austrailures.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

Can one of the Aussies explain Tom Robertson? Why is he so aggressively average at being a prop, and why's he getting selected?

All Australian props are terrible except Kepu.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
The haka somehow feels less impressive when you can see a bunch of cameramen on the ground between the two sides.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Kristian Dacey is a decent enough club level player, but shouldn't be anywhere near a lions shirt.
And I realise they are in the same timezone, but surely a jet lagged launchbury will be better than a fully fit Cory Hill?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
So many back 3 mistakes from both teams

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

I was going to ask why Lowe isn't an all black but then I saw his kicking game.

And yet again, lions can't tirna line break into a try. So frustrating

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Jaco not having his best reffing game.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Vagabundo posted:

No, we've got no loving idea either.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Catch the ball.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
:lol: at Matt Proctor explaining the penalty to Furlong

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

stavros880 posted:

And I realise they are in the same timezone, but surely a jet lagged launchbury will be better than a fully fit Cory Hill?

He must be trolling Eddie Jones, which is admirable, but Hill over Launchbury is taking it a bit far.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Why Lowe is not an All Black, part 2

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
dammit TKB

jesus. Lions looking really good

slothrop fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Jun 17, 2017

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

What the gently caress was that from McKenzie?

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Davies and Sexton playing well today

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Of all the things I love about Scott Quinnell, saying 'Mario Itoje' is one of them

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Why the gently caress have they only just started biffing the ball around?

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
They've only just got the ball

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Is this the most boring game of rugby ever? Discuss.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

The Rabbi T. White posted:

It's been pretty frustrating to watch. I was really hoping to see the Maori back line in full flight but they have just been strangled out of the game

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Clearly a man who needs to become familiar with Gatland's past body of work. He's a true artist of tedium.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

I'm enjoying the poo poo out of it

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Seriously when did you. last see a major NZ team get slowly crushed like this?

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

e.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Is Biggar kissing itoje?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

bigfoot again posted:

Seriously when did you. last see a major NZ team get slowly crushed like this?

About 10 days ago.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

That Lions coach does indeed look just like Quark.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

stavros880 posted:

Clearly a man who needs to become familiar with Gatland's past body of work. He's a true artist of tedium.

What more would you have him do? I reckon the lions played as good a northern hemisphere style power game as I've seen in a while.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Scotland beat Australia? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

Unimpressed posted:

What more would you have him do? I reckon the lions played as good a northern hemisphere style power game as I've seen in a while.

That was more my point. Gatland teams have played far worse games than this. Which year was the soul-crushing Wales-France game?