Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Yup. I used to be a lot more active. The problem is that I got a desk job and now have enough money to eat the hell out of all the wonderful foods around. A bout of depression also didn't help. My knees and my back are kind of hosed so I'm limited in what I can do so my attitude now is basically "eat better, exercise more, be more healthy, stop gaining." I will readily admit that I am a fat guy at heart with a serious weakness for good food and a tendency to overeat.

All of that is, while not ideal, not stopping you from doing work in a gym. You don't have to be a serious weight lifter to benefit from doing something.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I'm also one of those lanky dudes that doesn't really bulk up in a muscles way.

This is a harmful fantasy. If you work out and eat you will get muscles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My phone (galaxy s7) has a Fast Charge feature. This is good, because it otherwise takes forever to charge my phone.

It has completely obsoleted every other portable charger and charging cord I have, and I have a decent amount of the former and a ton of the later. I don't know the technology behind the Fast Charging technology, all I know is that the only portable charger and cord that actually works to "fast charge" my phone has been winnowed to poo poo. Third-party stuff is completely out of the question.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Today I did two rounds of clothes washing. First the whites and light colours, then I unloaded the washing machine and loaded it with the blacks and dark colours. While doing this I found, at the very bottom of the hamper, a single white sock.

gently caress :negative: I was looking forward to having an empty hamper for once :negative:

Pipistrelle
Jun 18, 2011

Seems the high horse is taking them all home

I want to eat salsa and chips, but all of my chips are broken and too small to properly load with salsa. I'm trying to use multiple broken pieces but it's not working. I just want a snack :argh:

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

In 3 days I'll have a cool bigger appartment closer to my workspace but right now my legs and back hurt like hell from all the boxing. And the actual move hasn't even begun...

TINY T-REX ARMS
Feb 12, 2011
I completely destroyed my tongue on Sour Patch Kids and now I can't properly taste the delicious (according to my fiance) stew I made.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Co-worker: "Hey, I'm going to grab some coffee, you want some?"
Me: "Yeah sure."
Co-worker: (comes back five minutes later and places mug on my desk) "Here you go."
Me: "Thanks."

Then I went back to work and forgot about the mug and now the coffee's cold :saddowns:

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
some shitstain decided they wanted my stuff more than I wanted it so broke in and took it

damnit people just pull your pants the gently caress up, get a loving job, and you can buy your own poo poo

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
It's summer so there's a whole lot more cars on the road. Rush hour now starts at 3pm. These people don't NEED their cars because there were not this many cars on the road a month ago. Use public transport like you were (or stay locked in your hovels), assholes!

My job has manual labor and is kind of smelly in general, and we only get a few uniforms, so my clothes gets smelly really quickly. I don't want to waste my nice perfume so I decided to resort to cheap body sprays from the drug store. I got the least offensive smelling one-though it's still still :barf: . Also from me testing them out, I smell like a high school girls' locker room :barf: :barf:

E:
-I'm getting paid to sit around and browse the internet but I'd rather be at home playing video games.

-I really want some type of cold coffee drink from Starbucks but I can't justify spending $5 on a drink; plus, it would be a ton of calories and I've gained a lot of weight because of my work having a ton of free food and soft drinks.

-I have gained weight due to my job having free food and soda.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 23:27 on Jun 12, 2017

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm sick and I feel better whn I'm wrapped in a blanket and have a ice pack on my head. How the gently caress does that make any sense? shouldn't I just do neither of those and have it balance out?

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
My car needed a new rear bumper and the panel shop managed to paint it a slightly (but noticeably) different colour to the rest of the car and didn't replace some sensor so now I have to go back and argue with them which I hate doing.

Also my insurance rates are going to go up because of it.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Jeff Sichoe posted:

damnit people just pull your pants the gently caress up

:crossarms:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My phone (Galaxy S7) has a weird quirk: there's only two 'slots' on the lock screen for notifications. Since I have one that's dedicated to battery level and estimated time to drain, it means that the panel for my podcast player tends to be shunted to the 'background' by almost everything, including notifications about a new podcast, or whatever. It's particularly annoying since I'm about 60% sure I can change it, but gently caress if I know.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

the a/c in my bedroom isn't powerful enough to overcome these last few days of 90+ degrees-even-at-night heat and this is the 3rd night in a row I've woken up drenched in sweat at 3AM :(

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
MIL was coming over tonight to get some help with her tax return and I put my big dumb foot in it and invited her for dinner

so instead of 30 mins of my evening STOLEN it is now going to be at least 2 hours + I have to remain sober enough to not gently caress up dinner which is probably the most annoying part TBH

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I found my old ipod mini that I'm about 90% sure had a custom album rip I did, but I dropped it and it broke.

Now I can't find my zune that I'm pretty sure ALSO has the album on it, and to fix the ipod it's gonna be at least 20$ cause god drat those little wheels are expensive.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I assume you mean it wont even connect via usb to a computer, because you wouldn't need the wheel for that

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I'm failing to get over my ex-girlfriend even though the woman I fell in love with was a mask wrapped around a monster.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Had a great workout at my Tuesday strength training class but for once my gym crush didn't attend class :negative:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

starkebn posted:

I assume you mean it wont even connect via usb to a computer, because you wouldn't need the wheel for that

Yea, it just tries to boot and then gives the frowny face.

Just ordered a replacement wheel and battery (noticed a lead was loose) off ebay, so hopefully next week either I FIND MY GODDAMN ZUNE THAT MIGHT HAVE THIS MUSIC ON IT, or I just bust a gently caress it and attempt to repair this.

The only cable on it that's hosed is the click wheel mount thing where it plugs into the motherboard, so I'm pretty far in denial and think it'll just be an easy swap to make everything perfect again :allears:

If this doesn't work I might just buy a working one and see if I can swap the hard drive out.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
Trusted the weather report again and didn't take my bike to work, I'ts currently 27°C and Sunny outside.

Also I need to do my laundry which means I can't really go out and enjoy the evening after work today.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
We're getting brownouts/blackouts in the building I work with, and in the nearby buildings. We've lost the AC where I work and where I've come to have lunch.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Not so much my problem as it is someone else's problem but many of you all have complained about it before, but I saw a UPS truck that parked up to a house, the guy came out with only a note pad of what I assume to be "couldn't deliver" stickers, didn't deliver any packages, and drove away.

My problem: a package I was supposed to get didn't have my name on it so my building denied it and now it's somewhere mysterious. The post office? Did they send it back? So now I have to go to the post office and ask if they have it but the post office sucks as everyone knows and I don't want to go there. :saddowns:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Post offices are the most depressing loving places ever, every time I go into one I marvel at how it looks exactly the same as it did 25 years ago, right down to the technology and the same defeated, bored-looking employees

It's really a wonder that postal worker psychotic breaks petered out so quickly

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Kelp Me! posted:

Post offices are the most depressing loving places ever, every time I go into one I marvel at how it looks exactly the same as it did 25 years ago, right down to the technology and the same defeated, bored-looking employees

It's really a wonder that postal worker psychotic breaks petered out so quickly

Yeah my post office was built in the 20s... but on the plus side it has some sweet Art Deco designs. They tried to update it by putting those electric signs that day like, window 3 is now open" with a robotic voice but they are just so out of place. You can also see into the back where they store all the undeliverable packages and they're just smashed and thrown haphazardly onto dilapidated metal shelves.

On the other side, the post office by my moms house is super new, nice, and modern. They busted down the old rear end one to build it. But she lives in a super expensive suburb (but in the poor part-- they have poor areas I guess to help poor people go to the good school? They're super separated from the rich parts too.)

I'm rambling.

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

Thin Privilege posted:

It's summer so there's a whole lot more cars on the road. Rush hour now starts at 3pm. These people don't NEED their cars because there were not this many cars on the road a month ago. Use public transport like you were (or stay locked in your hovels), assholes!

Where do you live that there are *more* cars on the road during summer? Everyone here has either switched to bikes, jogging, or is off on vacation at varying times. Commuting is worse for me now, though, cause I bike and now there are way more people on the paths to downtown, and fewer of them understand that you keep right, check your blind spot before moving over, etc. and are actively a hazard

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I got chewed out at work for something I didn't do. Thankfully my boss took my side. Still, I hate being in that position.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Once every couple months the garbage people won't pick up my trash. I have no clue why - my house isn't hidden off the road, it's always out the night before, and I even go out of my way to make their lives a little easier (in our town technically you can leave the bin anywhere in the front/side yard and they have to come to it; I always drag it out to the actual curb so they don't have to walk up the driveway)

Normally it's whatever, minor annoyance, but now it's 90 degrees out and it loving stinks, and I've had raccoon problems lately so my options appear to be 1) bring the 2 bags of garbage that sat out in 90 degree heat all day and take them back out on Monday or 2) leave them out there with an almost certain chance that when I wake up tomorrow morning there will be rotten garbage strewn across my entire driveway.

Calling the DPW and letting them know/asking if I did anything wrong to cause a reason for the skip has about a 25% success rate, historically. I called them, they don't have anyone out but will pick up tomorrow (fingers crossed).

I have a sneaking suspicion it's due to the raccoon guard I put on the trashcan - the garbage pickup guys have opened it fine in the past but maybe they have a particularly dumb new guy or something. I really hope this is not the case because when I say "raccoon guard" I mean "literally a fabric strap with a backpack clip holding it shut" aka one of these: and if that's seriously the thing that stopped them from taking my trash this time I don't even know how that person would be capable of breathing and walking at the same time

e: also I've been on hold with loving Verizon for 22 minutes now - all I went them to do is stop loving sending me paper bills for $0.00 every month (I cancelled service with them in January). Apparently there's some discrepancy in the system and they have to escalate the issue in order to properly close the account - :wtc:

Snow Cone Capone has a new favorite as of 19:49 on Jun 15, 2017

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
UPS is a lovely company with the absolute worst customer service I have ever encountered.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
More package problems, hooray!

I got a gift ordered to me but the company put the gift-giver's name on the box so my building denied the package because my name wasn't on it. They said they would have put "return to sender" on it and given it back to the delivery person. On the FedEx website it says it was delivered, which it wasn't, BUT ALSO, apparently they transferred the delivery to USPS so they supposedly delivered it, which they didn't.

I contacted the company but they said the correct name was in the shipping label" (no it wasn't, they previously had sent me the shipping address and it had the wrong name on it but I didn't notice at the time). Then they said "check your local post office." So I'm here waiting in line for 15 minutes now because there's ONE window open at the time when everyone gets off work so there are A LOT OF CUSTOMERS. And then I don't even know what I'm going to say to them, because the tracking number is a fed ex one, so how are they going to find it? And if the wrong name is on it they might not give me the package if it even IS here. And if it is it's somewhere on the dilapidated shelves I described earlier and it will take a billion hours for them to find it.

Package problems :argh:

Update: as expected, the package wasn't at the post office. It's also frustrating because it was supposed to be parts for my cat tree that had broken, and the cats are depressed because they don't have their favorite sleeping spots any more :(

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 00:17 on Jun 16, 2017

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
My wife and I got bigger checks than usual this week, and I've extra money, but I don't know what to spend it on.

I've also quit buying scratch off tickets, and I really loving want one.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

An emergency poop was actually a giant fart.
Felt good, tho.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Petty bullshit going on here. gently caress you, Amazon.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
Ever since my dad had a heart attack in December, I get an (at least) monthly panic where I think I am at severe risk of having one soon (like that day) because of dumb little things like, I worked an arm/back muscle too hard or my acid reflux gets horrible or sudden hot flashes or palpitations or whatever. Doctor has checked me out and doesnt seem interested in doing any heart or esophogas tests or checks and I know I am young and it is fine but the hypochondriac in me is worried they just dont care enough and Im gonna wake up one night this year and loving die.

Thanks for reading :wooper:

e: secondary fwp, people i hang out with are very apathetic and depressed and any mention of death, at all, in any context like "im sad my baby is dead" or "wish my cat wouldnt ever die", has them all stumbling over each other to blurt out how much they want to (lowkey) die constantly and it sucks

ANUSTART has a new favorite as of 12:22 on Jun 16, 2017

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Bought some wireless ear buds so I don't have to keep buying new ones after I break them from cable tugging as I walk. But now I have to make sure to keep them charged. :sigh:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'm currently phone posting because the maintenance guy was chainsawing a rotten bush outside my window and chainsawed the cable line :suicide: So we are without internet.

It's almost as if my being concerned that the dude just throwing the new cable line over a bush and leaving it exposed in the dirt was reasonable, but goons gonna goon.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

in my constant effort to not become a hoarder like my parents, I threw out something two months ago that I could really use now :mad:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
My grandma has dropped a hot iron on the loving carpet and now there's a huge scorch mark. I'm loving pissed.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

It's the perfect cool and overcast Saturday made for blueberry picking but I have to finish cleaning my old apartment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Thin Privilege posted:

More package problems, hooray!

I got a gift ordered to me but the company put the gift-giver's name on the box so my building denied the package because my name wasn't on it. They said they would have put "return to sender" on it and given it back to the delivery person. On the FedEx website it says it was delivered, which it wasn't, BUT ALSO, apparently they transferred the delivery to USPS so they supposedly delivered it, which they didn't.

I contacted the company but they said the correct name was in the shipping label" (no it wasn't, they previously had sent me the shipping address and it had the wrong name on it but I didn't notice at the time). Then they said "check your local post office." So I'm here waiting in line for 15 minutes now because there's ONE window open at the time when everyone gets off work so there are A LOT OF CUSTOMERS. And then I don't even know what I'm going to say to them, because the tracking number is a fed ex one, so how are they going to find it? And if the wrong name is on it they might not give me the package if it even IS here. And if it is it's somewhere on the dilapidated shelves I described earlier and it will take a billion hours for them to find it.

Package problems :argh:

Update: as expected, the package wasn't at the post office. It's also frustrating because it was supposed to be parts for my cat tree that had broken, and the cats are depressed because they don't have their favorite sleeping spots any more :(

SmartPost. I loving HATE SMARTPOST.

My USPS delivery was marked as delivered, but it wasn't in the box or at my door. So I called, and called, and finally got a hold of someone at the local PO, gave him the tracking number, and explained what happened. He was apologetic but said the address was invalid, though the website said it had been delivered. 8891 instead of 9891 Okay then. After some arguing he admitted he did have a copy of the label, and it was right, so he had no idea why it was marked bad address, and delivered 'somewhere.'

He promised me he'd talk to the carrier and see what happened. At this point I did the horrible customer thing and told him I worked logistics, and if I, as a courier, ever dropped a box somewhere that was an invalid address or to a wrong address, I'd be written up or fired, depending on what it was. Which is true.

I also told him I'd call every hour for the next few days to get an update because my package was delivered somewhere Monday, it was Thursday. Game on, bitch.

My neighbor brought me the box Thursday night. The carrier had shoved it in his mailbox; he's also gotten bills for other neighbors, someone's Xmas cards once, and in general our carrier gives no poo poo. Needless to say, at least I got my package, but some people might keep poo poo.

I should call the PO again. Let them know what happened. Maybe do a formal complaint about this carrier bitch.

FWP: it's a heat advisory today and I want to go for another 4 mile walk but after a mile I am sweating so bad it's like the humidity is 100% instead of 10%.

My mom has become an addict to Tophatter and keeps ordering stupid poo poo. And then goes to Goodwill and buys up half the store. I'm trying to declutter the place but it's loving impossible.