Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Super metroid for map, zero mission for movement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

freedom planet. the levels were way too long and the bosses were frustrating

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

16.10) Sonic CD (PC, 2011) All Good Futures. New PB: 16:48

I lost 37 seconds on the last stage :salt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrTDwlufM80

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Shadow Dancer (Genesis, Level-1 difficulty, 1CC)

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Mid-year list:

1. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
2. Resident Evil 4
3. Tetris the Grand Master 2: The Absolute PLUS (Master mode)
4. Tetris the Grand Master
5. Metal Storm (1CC)
6. Tetris the Grand Master 3: Terror Instinct (Master mode)
7. Persona 5
8. Shadow Dancer (Genesis, Level-1 difficulty, 1CC)

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Prey (2017) - I liked it a lot. Stealth and combat both felt good and all the secrets and side stories were fun to find. I got the "most empathetic" ending because I'm a nice boy.

Soral
May 30, 2009

1953 - kgb unleashed

Soral
May 30, 2009

anyone else whose played that game please tell me what the coin at the end was for. the game just kind of ends shortly after you pick it up and it never gets used for anything as far as i can tell???

Soral
May 30, 2009

sonic lost world

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Super Mario Bros. 3 (3DS VC). I booted it up just to make sure my 3DS was charging on the plane and then ended up beating it again. gently caress 8-1 and the tricky castle.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Prey (2017) - I liked it a lot. Stealth and combat both felt good and all the secrets and side stories were fun to find. I got the "most empathetic" ending because I'm a nice boy.

Just did this as well. Story wise I really liked the ending, but I felt the last section was pretty disappointing gameplay wise. You just kinda run back and forth a bit and then it ends. There really should've been a big combat encounter or something before the final choice. I had all these fun tools and yet the hardest battle was already a few hours behind me.

Still really fun overall.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Knuckles, <8 chaos emeralds ending, 1CC)

Knuckles's final boss is way easier than Sonic's, also his game in general is a good bit shorter, but probably a bit harder overall. Sandopolis and Lava Reef in particular are kind of a pain in the rear end to play as Knuckles.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

Just did this as well. Story wise I really liked the ending, but I felt the last section was pretty disappointing gameplay wise. You just kinda run back and forth a bit and then it ends. There really should've been a big combat encounter or something before the final choice. I had all these fun tools and yet the hardest battle was already a few hours behind me.

Still really fun overall.

Yeah the ending of the story was great, I had guessed bits and pieces of it (there's a book or email or something about how Typhons don't feel empathy like humans and wondering about using neuromods to give Typhon human emotions that seemed too big to just be a bit of background fluff and if you choose to just bail out on the station before dealing with the Typhon the game over screen has Alex say something like "We failed, this isn't the one" and somebody else telling him to start over) but not how it would all come together and it was kinda mind-blowing. But I was so excited to finally burn through all the shotgun ammo I had been saving up and rushed towards the final objective all hepped up to kick some rear end and then that... didn't happen.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
final fantasy 15 . what do i think of it i hear you ask ... well ... if only the loading times and the controls were nicer and stuff like parking or getting into a car was faster etc. all of it added together makes a kind of claustrophobic feeling for an open world game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
got the ff15 platinum trophy

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (100%)

Soral
May 30, 2009

sonic adventure dx

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Tyranny, it was ok

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I made it to 1821 in EU4 as a nation I imported from CK2

Soral
May 30, 2009

puyo puyo tetris adventure mode

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I made it to 1821 in EU4 as a nation I imported from CK2

Oh nice, which nation? Hopefully the world wasn't completely full of blobs, by the 1700s

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Major Isoor posted:

Oh nice, which nation? Hopefully the world wasn't completely full of blobs, by the 1700s

UK+Ireland+Iberian Peninsula

Soral
May 30, 2009

sonic adventure 2

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Eiyuu Densetsu: Zero no Kiseki

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered (PS4)

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Judge Dredd: Dredd vs. Death (2003)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

17) Sonic Generations (3DS). Idk why I got this but its not really all that bad
18) Sonic 1 (3DS). Still an amazing game, its a shame that green hill is the only stage from this one that ever finds its way to the newer games

and I got a game over on the final boss of Sonic 2. I've got Sonic Mania imps

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Monument valley

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
If I had to rank it against other similarly eschery puzzle games I'd say its better than echochrome but worse than antichamber. still a very nice little phone game

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

12. Batman Arkham Asylum

I also finished Monument Valley recently, it's cute but pretty short and not too tricky.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Heart's Medicine: Time to Heal

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

boxboxboy (all crowns). ih ope the third one just gives you three sets of boxes

e: also lmao the comics rule

Fungah! fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jun 27, 2017

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Horizon Zero Dawn. Turned out to be a pretty good game despite the usual open world stuff

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Super Mario RPG

e: beat Jinx and Culex, didnt do all the extra stuff though

next up is Final Fantasy VI, which ive never played before

mycophobia fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jun 27, 2017

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Domina

cool game idea and its fun to watch your guys battle, some bad writing but not bad enough to ruin it

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Games beaten so far:

1) Dragon Quest 8 3ds
2) Boxboxboy
3) yoshi's woolly world
4) ace attorney: dual destinies
5) ace attorney: spirit of justice
6) zelda lttp
7) zelda link between worlds
8) bayonetta 1 pc
9) dark souls 3 (all dlc)
10) vagrant story
11) metal gear rising revengeance
12) zelda link's awakening
13) castlevania dawn of sorrow
14) nier automata
15) ff13: lightning returns
16) resident evil 4 pc rerelease

Going to be finishing up Persona 5 and Bloodborne soon I think, then I'm gonna move on to Yakuza 0. Gameing FTW.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
ICO

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

17.1) Sonic Generations 3DS (All S-Ranks). I finally got my official Sonic card.

This game is too old for miiverse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nex Machina (Rookie, 1CC). This game is cool, usually twin stick games with dodging have boring bullet patterns but this game balances it well. At least, towards the tail end of Rookie it did. Theres 4 more difficulties above this one to try

• Locked thread