Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Richmond are the reverse 2016 Hawks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The commentators all climax every time Alex Rance does anything.

Uncontested mark in the square? HOW GOOD IS HE?

Lays a tackle leading to a stoppage? GREATEST OF ALL TIME!

Receives a handball? *unintelligable moaning*

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS

Nutsngum posted:

Goes to show how many of you blokes have actually played footy. You can barely hear poo poo out there and any kind of real structural change requires a runner.

The AFL's ability to find answers to problems that dont exist is obviously leaking.

Also that was a shithouse final quarter from us. Looked like we had zero run at all.

Fine, then change the rule so that runners are only allowed to be on the field for 1 minute at a time. If they can't get the message out that quick, they have no business trying to get so close to play

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Fire Richmond into the sun.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

ZombieJesus posted:

Fine, then change the rule so that runners are only allowed to be on the field for 1 minute at a time. If they can't get the message out that quick, they have no business trying to get so close to play

More then fair. Should be tethered to an auto retracting winch as well. I am only being half joking about this.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
What the gently caress is going on with score reviews these days. They keep overturning things despite the vision we are seeing not showing conclusive evidence. Sure they might have alternate views but why the gently caress not show us them so we can actually see why a decision was overturned?

alr
May 14, 2009

Nutsngum posted:

More then fair. Should be tethered to an auto retracting winch as well. I am only being half joking about this.

just sayin

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Periphery posted:

What the gently caress is going on with score reviews these days. They keep overturning things despite the vision we are seeing not showing conclusive evidence. Sure they might have alternate views but why the gently caress not show us them so we can actually see why a decision was overturned?
At least one of the overturns last night seemed to have been done on the basis of a blurred image. If they're not going to use high-speed cameras the default should at least be the umpires inital call.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

LOL Richmond

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Alex Rance is one of the most pathetic cunts in the AFL and I'm glad that he has to suffer the eternal torment of playing for Richmond

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Lol @ 2 soft frees in front

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The guy playing eye of the tiger on trumpet for a suns goal....

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Daisy Thomas retire bicth

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Carn da bloooos

Although need better accuracy.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

The Deadly Hume posted:

At least one of the overturns last night seemed to have been done on the basis of a blurred image. If they're not going to use high-speed cameras the default should at least be the umpires inital call.

If you're gonna make these goal based calls stump up the crazy low amount of cash to get actual loving cameras on the goal line. AFL is not a rinky-dink operation anymore.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Up the suns, bitch

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

:scrunt:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
This 4th quarter is gonna be a dumpster fire

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Vintage ablett

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Well that's a broken leg.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Barlow is a tough son of a bitch

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Ahahaha

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

poor mick barlow :smallbarf:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Saad just sat there and watched him take that mark.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
GOAT liam jones

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I for one sure am glad that neither Jarryd Lyons nor Bryce Gibbs are playing for the Crows, and that we gave up the first for pick #43 and refused to hand over pick #15 and future pick #20 for the other, it's the kind of quality decision making that sets us apart from the rest

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Just 43 disposals, 2 goals for Bryce "Mr Carlton" Gibbs

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Liam Jones > Alex Rance

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Schneider Inside Her posted:

If you're gonna make these goal based calls stump up the crazy low amount of cash to get actual loving cameras on the goal line. AFL is not a rinky-dink operation anymore.

I can order a pair of phantom (phenoms? Idk I'm drunk right now) for about 10k. Shoots like 10,000 frames a second. Motion blur is a thing of our gay ded past. The world rejoices.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Get some loving proper cameras and put the fuckin umps on fuckin 80 grand a year and just stop this fuckin rinky-dink piece of poo poo fuckin garbage. Why they gotta small business owner all over the AFL

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I'm ticked

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Poor Barlow.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Wait wait wait

Flashback

Flashback Saturday fellas

During the 2006 finals series, the afl trialled super high speed cameras. I got to see that fugly bump collingwood committed to Rohan Smith (?) At a billion frames per second.

I'd just like you to all think about 2006. Who you were, how you've grown, what you've seen and done, since 2006.

ThEn think about the cameras they use on the goal line. When they had better ones 11 years ago.

Rip.

hiddenmovement fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jun 17, 2017

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS
You could sticky tape a 200$ gopro to the goal post and it would do an infinitely better job than whatever potato-cam they use atm

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

TG-Chrono posted:

Just 43 disposals, 2 goals for Bryce "Mr Carlton" Gibbs

And 10 tackles.

Ya know, not like that is an incredible achievement or anything.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
First time ever for all three in the same game apparently.

Weird Sandwich fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jun 17, 2017

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Does it count as a record if it was against the suns?

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

The Deadly Hume posted:

Yeah it was the second one that was a blurry loving mess that looked contentious as gently caress on the TV. First one was at least obviously showing a finger grazing the ball but the second still seems like garbage to me.

hiddenmovement posted:

Wait wait wait

Flashback

Flashback Saturday fellas

During the 2006 finals series, the afl trialled super high speed cameras. I got to see that fugly bump collingwood committed to Rohan Smith (?) At a billion frames per second.

I'd just like you to all think about 2006. Who you were, how you've grown, what you've seen and done, since 2006.

ThEn think about the cameras they use on the goal line. When they had better ones 11 years ago.

Rip.

They cant even get the basic rules of the game sorted out.. nor police them in any sort of professional manner, decent cameras are waaaay down the list of the idiots at AFL house.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

oh also I stand by what I said about alex rance being the most pathetic oval office in the AFL but only because Lindsay Thomas is now more a VFL player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

If Melbourne wins today, they'll only be percentage outside the top 4 at the end of round 13

• Locked thread