Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/glorypro2017/status/874845832373293056

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
How many frigging belts does Sami Callihan have at this point.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/OTT_wrestling/status/874953449217155072

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

didn't Kingston retire at the Logan Square show? I remember feeling sad about that. Now I'm sad about this.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he cut a weird promo about being hurt and losing his love for wrestling and david starr being the guy who broke him and then after the show he came out from backstage looking very content and high as poo poo

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Writer Cath posted:

How many frigging belts does Sami Callihan have at this point.

AAW was the company that got him his push semeingly everywhere else, they've pushed the poo poo outta him since WWE released him

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I watched Eddie Kingston make KRUGAR bleed all over the place while I ate pancakes at Mania weekend, then bull james came out to save his old NXT buddy and we made fun of his jorts

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6qvyRG_Tuw

British Stong Style (Pete Dunne, Trent Seven, Tyler Bate) vs. Angel Cruz (with Team Prick), B. Cool and Tyler Bate

Awesome match, and complete with intro.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

legit the smallest ring I've seen

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Von Linus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6qvyRG_Tuw

British Stong Style (Pete Dunne, Trent Seven, Tyler Bate) vs. Angel Cruz (with Team Prick), B. Cool and Tyler Bate

Awesome match, and complete with intro.

I don't know what the hell I just watched, but whatever it was, it was loving awesome.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

The Chokeslam Driver is my finisher.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

ring looks nice and comfy though

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
That is definitely a California king bed.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Enjoying ACH's heel shenanigans in AAW.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Germansimp posted:

I don't know what the hell I just watched, but whatever it was, it was loving awesome.

Angel Cruz and Tyler as an undercard act were tagging before BSS became a thing, Pete Dunne was our champ.

Angel was only tagging with Tyler because he thought Tyler was Tyler Breeze and thus a social media star just like Angel felt he was. Angel was always the weak link in the team, as he is in pretty much any team, so he realised he was onto a good thing with Tyler as he was doing all the squats and airplane spins and good things in their matches.

Then Tyler won the WWEUK championship, and the next show, Angel was like 'SO NOW WE ARE WWEUK CO CHAMPIONS' but then Trent Seven turned up and said Tyler was part of British Strong Style and didn't want anything to do with Angel. Angel got miffed, and Tyler sort of ran away tapping madly at his phone (Tyler can't use phones in OTT, this has Never Been Explained).

Additionally, Angel Cruz was like 'I'll show everyone' at our extreme supershow, so he pulled a knife and ran around the ring. He also uses guns on occasion, but only if he's borewd of the conversation. So the escalation in the match is actually entirely consistent. His security team are underage boys (he got a duelling 'Nonce' and 'Paedo' chant at one show, Rick and Peter, suggested they be called Team Ricter, but he's named them team Prick instead, so you can see why they might be a little open to joining another team.

So that led to this, really. Angel was making Tyler choose. Apparently Angel still doesn't understand that Tyler is Tyler Bate not Tyler Breeze.

Oh, and B. Cool is just loving mental. He's the Last Gymnasty, hence screaming Let's Get Nasty at the start.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

There was a PWG show last night?! Was it any good? If the results I read are true, then the July show should be white hot.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Do it, Chuck

Win the world title July 7, Chuck

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Appreciate the storyline background, helped fill quite a few gaps in understanding, mainly the whole Breeze/Bate stuff, and why the commentators seemed so none-surprised Cruz brought out an ax.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Do it, Chuck

Win the world title July 7, Chuck

I hope he does it not just because he's earned it by being good and cool, but it might make Cornette's head explode

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Red dragon vs Marty and Zsj was such a loving rad match. Just 4 great wrestlers doing what they do best. Also Kieth Lee vs Lio Rush ruled. I also got Korean BBQ after and it tasted good. Five star show.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

The_Rob posted:

Red dragon vs Marty and Zsj was such a loving rad match. Just 4 great wrestlers doing what they do best. Also Kieth Lee vs Lio Rush ruled. I also got Korean BBQ after and it tasted good. Five star show.

I am Very Hyped for Redragon-War Machine tonight. Very Hyped indeed.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Deathlove posted:

I am Very Hyped for Redragon-War Machine tonight. Very Hyped indeed.

That's the match I'm really bummed about missing due to a birthday party.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

How was War Machine vs the Unbreakable F'n Machines?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

PWG booking Rey Horus? Nice. Don't know anything about Sammy Guevara though

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
After he beat Chuck and Trent I was convinced Zack was going to hold the belt until after BOLA, but if Chuck's getting a rematch I'm leaning towards them finally doing the title change. I wonder if the length of this run is approaching Cole's record yet and whether that's affecting the booking decision at all.

Full card, for people who don't keep up with PWG on Twitter:

Rey Horus vs. Sammy Guevara
Lio Rush vs. Trent?
Rey Fenix vs. Keith Lee
Shane Strickland/Jason Cade/Dezmond Xavier vs. Sami Callihan and OI4K
Ricochet vs. Trevor Lee
Unbreakable Fuckin' Machines vs. Young Bucks
Chuck Taylor vs. Zack Sabre, Jr. for the PWG World Championship

Been waiting for them to to book Horus for ages, and it's nice to see trios matches outside of BOLA weekend again.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chuck winning the belt on July 4 week makes too much sense

He's doing it

For America

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Jenkem Delivery posted:

PWG booking Rey Horus? Nice. Don't know anything about Sammy Guevara though

good althete, but has a little reputation in texas as a piece of poo poo after cutting a shoot promo on a promoter who'd just died. I think he's got talent, I just think most of the matches I've seen him in end up as a smoke break.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

If Chuckie doesn't win the strap I'm gonna be pissed!!!

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Grozz Nuy posted:

Full card, for people who don't keep up with PWG on Twitter:

Is this the first time that PWG has booked Shane Strickland? Dude's been having an amazing year.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

nm!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That is a very good card

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Lumbermouth posted:

Is this the first time that PWG has booked Shane Strickland? Dude's been having an amazing year.

Nah, Strickland's been booked a few times. He and Xavier debuted wrestling each other, I think it was the March show?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Chucky T hasn't won a singles title since 2008. That's crazy.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I hope Super Dragon isn't too brain damaged and does the right thing by putting the strap on Chucky T

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if they kiss, cancel wresting forever.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WrestlingCheers/status/877030804639141888

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
SHINE moved dates due to their tournament clashing with WWE's https://twitter.com/WWNSHINE/status/877175885362851840