Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hard posted:

ACOG can be counter-productive in certain situations especially in close quarters and the recoil hits harder. I think if you're new to the game you would assume that having a zoom only has advantages but once you realize you can snipe with a pistol it all becomes a matter of personal preferences.

My old rear end eyes can't see pixels hiding in a corner anymore so the ACOG is my life.

Also, Hard; was roaming part of the design of the game or did that gameplay emerge? I know when my group started, it took a few weeks before I realized "Hey, if I hide in this room that they might go past, I can kill them from behind!"

Maybe I'm just slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
There is a single gun that can take an ACOG that I don't use an ACOG on. I'll let you nerds argue over which one it might be.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Hard posted:

ACOG can be counter-productive in certain situations especially in close quarters and the recoil hits harder. I think if you're new to the game you would assume that having a zoom only has advantages but once you realize you can snipe with a pistol it all becomes a matter of personal preferences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu9epe89Hes

:smug:

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Sdoots posted:

Gonna need you to elaborate on this because what the sweet gently caress are you talking about

Don't make me post the footage of you being so lost you ran outside on defense and couldn't find your way back in

ACOG is only useful if you're hunting for pixels rather than just prefiring at people you already know are there. When you guys improve your ~gamesense~ you'll know what I mean

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
i really only like em on DMRs and GSG defenders tbh

Wooper posted:

There is a single gun that can take an ACOG that I don't use an ACOG on. I'll let you nerds argue over which one it might be.

p90? lol @ putting an acog on a gun that specializes in big mag dumps. it plays like a modernized ppsh

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

The Duggler posted:

Don't make me post the footage of you being so lost you ran outside on defense and couldn't find your way back in

ACOG is only useful if you're hunting for pixels rather than just prefiring at people you already know are there. When you guys improve your ~gamesense~ you'll know what I mean

I'm a little concerned about you having that footage still, honestly. Wasn't that at least two months ago?

Fair point, though. I'm getting better at recognizing when someone is going to be in a room, the issue has become winning the prefire fight. I might look into swapping some sights around.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Sdoots posted:

I'm a little concerned about you having that footage still, honestly. Wasn't that at least two months ago?

The Shadowplay folder grows, and does not shrink.

Try out the reflex sight for a while, after using it for a bit I guarantee you will prefer it on at least some maps. I can't deny that getting sniped by a peeking Jager is an issue but I just let everyone else rush and die first

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
I use ACOG on anything that'll take it except Fuze's assault rifle. The thing has so much recoil that I'd rather use a red dot than suffer my screen shaking as much as it does with ACOG.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ACOG on the Russian ops is garbage. Reflex sight is much better, but only for them.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I'd pay real money to be able to use the Russian reflex sight on all my guns.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

yeah it rules

i like the regular triangle one too since they were all normalized.

reminds me of how everyone ran holo sights just because that infographic showed like all the tournament pros using it

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
I like the regular holo 2nd best. I rarely use the ACOG but I'm bad so...

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://streamable.com/8ug5y

M870 is so good, even when you're bad.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

https://streamable.com/8ug5y

M870 is so good, even when you're bad.

Pump guns 4 lyfe

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Hey Hard, I just had a game where someone from opfor dropped out of the game, and someone else took their place - however they never seemed to connect properly, so we were stuck on the initial loading screen indefinitely. They tried vote-kicking the guy, but there wasn't an option to kick them. (Presumably as they hadn't fully connected)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=948725350
...Just uh, ignore my 0-0-1 score...I was being a decoy + spotting enemies as Monty, and didn't end up getting any, myself!

I've got a shadowplay video as well, but I'd rather not bog down my lovely Australian connection by uploading it, unless you think it'll be beneficial.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Also, Hard; was roaming part of the design of the game or did that gameplay emerge? I know when my group started, it took a few weeks before I realized "Hey, if I hide in this room that they might go past, I can kill them from behind!"
Maybe I'm just slow.

The game always had roamers in mind but the way it evolved is completely next level now. This is how it usually works, most of the time we create and/or notice something internally before it goes live but we can never forecast the extent. With time we've learn to never underestimate the community's capability of raising the bar.

Seeing how the community shapes the meta of something you spent so much time building is truly crazy. Especially in the first few months, you would come in the office one morning and someone sends you a vid and you be like ''Ok cool he spawnpeeked we knew ab.. wait.. FROM UP THERE?!''

Major Isoor posted:

Hey Hard, I just had a game where someone from opfor dropped out of the game, and someone else took their place - however they never seemed to connect properly, so we were stuck on the initial loading screen indefinitely. They tried vote-kicking the guy, but there wasn't an option to kick them. (Presumably as they hadn't fully connected)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=948725350
...Just uh, ignore my 0-0-1 score...I was being a decoy + spotting enemies as Monty, and didn't end up getting any, myself!

I've got a shadowplay video as well, but I'd rather not bog down my lovely Australian connection by uploading it, unless you think it'll be beneficial.

This sucks, do you vaguely remember the timestamp when it happened.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hard posted:

The game always had roamers in mind but the way it evolved is completely next level now. This is how it usually works, most of the time we create and/or notice something internally before it goes live but we can never forecast the extent. With time we've learn to never underestimate the community's capability of raising the bar.

Seeing how the community shapes the meta of something you spent so much time building is truly crazy. Especially in the first few months, you would come in the office one morning and someone sends you a vid and you be like ''Ok cool he spawnpeeked we knew ab.. wait.. FROM UP THERE?!''

My group has had this happen several times. No video though.

Edit: It seems like a perpetual loading problem. Someone will leave while loading, someone else arrives and starts loading, someone else leaves, etc.

Then it breaks completely and never loads at all no matter how long you wait.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jun 17, 2017

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Hard posted:

The game always had roamers in mind but the way it evolved is completely next level now.

Curious what the teams vision for roaming was originally? Having 5 seconds of outside time in defense certainly made it seem like it was suppose to be a rare thing for sombody to go outside, was it suppose suppose to really limited to people putting on suppressors and killing the attackers from behind occasionally?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I never not acog because I'm an old gently caress with lovely eyes and need help seeing things far away.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hard posted:

Was the front window on House one of those? Because it blew my mind the first time it happened.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Is there any scenario where having a laser sight on a gun is ever useful. I literally can't think of any. All a laser does is give your position away to the enemies.

I'm not exceptionally good at this game so idk

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Blue Labrador posted:

Is there any scenario where having a laser sight on a gun is ever useful. I literally can't think of any. All a laser does is give your position away to the enemies.

Shotguns, and the pistols of shield users. You can hide the laser sight easily enough.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Blue Labrador posted:

I have a loadout for smoke using the FMG w silencer and laser sight and it's actually pretty good in the right circumstances.

Just start firing before you aim down sights and you'll land a few extra shots. However if you are constantly zoomed in when you play this won't help you at all

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
Phone posting so if this is hosed I apologize

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Shotguns, and the pistols of shield users. You can hide the laser sight easily enough.

You and your friends lost the final round of that ranked game a week or two back because one of our guys saw your last dudes laser. Just throwing that out there.

The Duggler posted:

I have a loadout for smoke using the FMG w silencer and laser sight and it's actually pretty good in the right circumstances.

Just start firing before you aim down sights and you'll land a few extra shots. However if you are constantly zoomed in when you play this won't help you at all

Duggler also carried us that game so idk go and laserblast my goddamn eyes out friendo

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

laser sights are effective for creeping around and baiting ambushes against inexperienced players. you can even get people to run out the front door while you sit way back in the parking lot with an acog just dragging your sights around so they think you're about to peek

also putting it on your secondary is okay because you're only going to pull it out in emergencies or situations where you will be firing soon after and in most cases the enemy already knows you're there if you arent breaching

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

It's not just the dot on the wall though, it's visible when you look at a person straight on too. I've had a bunch of instances where I haven't known where someone was until I saw the bright red light emanating from their gun, which let me kill them.

On the other hand Macie Jay uses lasersights on SMGs so :shrug:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Laser sights are better now they don't have the trail of light leading back so it's a bit easier to miss if you're not looking for them. I know i've missed them a few times going back through old footage. But just don't get the idea of people using them on their primary weapons, especially on attack! You're just giving yourself away.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Hard posted:

Sure thing - it was 6:14PM 17/06/17 ACST when it happened. (So what's that - 4:44AM US East time?) And Joeslop's right - it just seems to stay broken, no matter how long you wait.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Sdoots posted:

Phone posting so if this is hosed I apologize

You and your friends lost the final round of that ranked game a week or two back because one of our guys saw your last dudes laser. Just throwing that out there.

While true, he had the laser sight on his rifle or SMG, whatever it was. He likes being contrary :v:

EDIT: ^^ Had another one earlier tonight, that I loaded into.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jun 18, 2017

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Curious what the teams vision for roaming was originally? Having 5 seconds of outside time in defense certainly made it seem like it was suppose to be a rare thing for sombody to go outside, was it suppose suppose to really limited to people putting on suppressors and killing the attackers from behind occasionally?

Ugh i don't quite remember but the 5 seconds got changed rather quickly i believe.

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro
Overall I think the Siege team is addressing the important problems with Operation Health ACTION COMPLETED It's rather refreshing to see developers continue to improve their product over a year after it's release ACTION COMPLETED The low priority issues I've seen since the latest patch are so nitpicky ACTION COMPLETED it's not even worth mentioning ACTION COMPLETED

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Hard posted:

Ugh i don't quite remember but the 5 seconds got changed rather quickly i believe.

It ewas changed right around the time Thatcher had his EMP radius reduced from the city block it originally covered yes.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Oh hey new thread title.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
My question is how has there not been a hotfix to stop the notification bug?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Triggs posted:

My question is how has there not been a hotfix to stop the notification bug?

Ubi said they are working on it but ACTION COMPLETED.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
uPlay is programmed by a single guy who is increasingly desperate to get fired but is irreplaceable.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Hard posted:

One of the first clips I saw of this game was a guy jumping out of a window on Hereford and killing an entire team before he got spotted

It took a bit of convincing to actually get the game after seeing that, I think it was changed almost right away after launch

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
My biggest complaint of this game is that the SAS Operators use SA80s instead of M4s.

Hard please fix the game.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUfLBHWz_bM

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSyUenA6fhY

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jun 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Oh hey new thread title.

At least ask for it to be changed back once uplay fixes its poo poo.

Ooooh so that's what it was. The shot where he called me a hacker was 10 times more legit than this.

Hard fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jun 19, 2017

• Locked thread