Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

stone cold posted:

it's more of the same bullshit circular firing squad that you do
well isn't it ironic

don't you think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

R. Mute posted:

well isn't it ironic

don't you think

like raaaaaieinnnnn on your wedding day

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

like a freeee riiiiide

but you already paid

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

stone cold posted:

yeah

im suspect of your criticism of kamala, because based on your posting brand i don't think you care about what she's gonna do as a senator, and i don't think youre willing to listen to anything she has to say

it's more of the same bullshit circular firing squad that you do

generally i'm more interested in what people do than what they say. and some of the things kamala harris has done have been real bad.

has she done good things in the meantime aside from blasting sessions?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Go to one of your suck zones you piece of poo poo. This is the chat thread

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Condiv posted:

is it ever a good sign when an attorney needs his own attorney?

it's fairly commonplace with any attorney who's smart

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

R. Guyovich posted:

i'm aware that attorneys don't represent themselves if they're smart, but is it common for an attorney to retain counsel for a case he's representing someone else on?

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
^^e: Yes, especially when the case against your client is likely going to be built around deliberations you may have been involved in and the oaf is apt to accidentally break privilege in a 6am tweetstorm.

R. Guyovich posted:

In this scenario, being represented by an attorney isn't suspicious; it's just basic competence. It'd be great if we moved off of the idea that hiring counsel is a sign you've done something wrong.

Pitiful to see the left piling onto the "if you haven't done anything wrong...." bandwagon as the conservatives abandon it.

Paracaidas fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jun 17, 2017

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Condiv posted:

is it ever a good sign when an attorney needs his own attorney?

It's lawyers all the way down.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
https://www.pscp.tv/w/1RDGlZvvmokxL

Reporter persiscoping the StP marches, if you're so inclined.

Currently marching down the interstate, appear to be trying to exit the interstate now to avoid the police line ahead. Mass Arrest may be about to occur.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Shabbat shalom, dadchat.

Holy moly, Life is Strange was intense in episodes 4 and 5. Whew.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Go to one of your suck zones you piece of poo poo. This is the chat thread

Shut the gently caress up already, Jesus.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

WrenP-Complete posted:

Shabbat shalom, dadchat.

Holy moly, Life is Strange was intense in episodes 4 and 5. Whew.

ומבורך!

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/KELLYWEILL/status/875829621849239553

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pretty much where book retail has been going for a while now, to be honest. :smith:

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
they gotta match the aesthetic of the 100 degree warehouses their workers toil away in for minimum wage + unpaid security checks at the end of the shift.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Rodatose posted:

they gotta match the aesthetic of the 100 degree warehouses their workers toil away in for minimum wage + unpaid security checks at the end of the shift.

But really it's Amazon corporate workers we should feel bad for.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/krystalbepsi/status/875702394083917824

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/875941461803638784

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Why'd they edit this and set it to a fruity loops drum beat. Way to take the humanity out of the statement.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

love the comments reflexively defending dystopia the bookstore

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/AngrySalmond/status/875784442157162497

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I'm considering reinstalling FFXIV. :ohdear:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Randler posted:

i know nothing about the game other than the english localization being pure gold

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i know nothing about the game other than the english localization being pure gold

It also gave us one of the great all-purpose smilies on these forums.

:gitgud:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Randler posted:

i wanna play the new expansion and get healing, but my internet is out for the forseeable future thanks to my internet provider going out of business

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
frankie boyle's new show is good

https://twitter.com/robdelaney/status/876026414449000448

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

tis

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

you know, at first i had a real wrong impression of frankie boyle, having only seen him on garbage shows like mock the week. thought he was just the type of shock comedian made for that kind of rapid fire comedy.

but he's good. he is.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

idgi looks just like a borders or barnes & noble ever did

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Fishmech does not get human complaint about a store looking too sterile and lifeless? :ohdear:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

fishmech posted:

idgi looks just like a borders or barnes & noble ever did

and they both sucked

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
I don't get why it exists, mainly, but it just seems ever so slightly off.

Maybe it's the signs saying CONSUME THIS LITERATURE OUR ALGORITHMS INDICATE APPEAL TO HUMANS

e: like are you supposed to scan the barcode and stand there reading the reviews on your phone

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
that's basically it; they think they've optimized selling books by offering things that meet certain metrics

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

srsly the whole store won't be like that with all the dead space for those baiters. People will wonder exactly what the "books read in 3 days" are not give a gently caress, and go to their normal section.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

they even separate food books and cook books as a genre which is hugely appreciated.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

it's pretty good. bad pvp, fantastic pve if you like dungeons and raids especially. first 50 levels, until heavenward, are a slog even developers acknowledge, and the price is steep to start out fresh too, but once you get past these two things, it's a very solid pve themepark mmo

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Apparently it also needs to be pointed out that reading is for nerds and that the end of book stores will hopefully end the historical error of recreational reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Randler posted:

Apparently it also needs to be pointed out that reading is for nerds and that the end of book stores will hopefully end the historical error of recreational reading.

good lord does your hatred of protestants stretch a long way

• Locked thread