Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Tom Gorman posted:

T2 Magnet Man is so worth it. He's underwhelming at T1. Soooo much damage at T2 though, it's crazy.

Seconding this based on videos and feedback from Reddit. It seems consistent that at T1, Magento is good but nothing special. He starts to become a 'true playa for real, ask my friends for real', kinda guy.

He's gonna be my second T2 after Cyke the Human Slayer and he will be worth it. All 5 X-Men that aren't native T2 seem at least very good to awesome in value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tom Gorman posted:

T2 Magnet Man is so worth it. He's underwhelming at T1. Soooo much damage at T2 though, it's crazy.

Yeah I just T2d him this morning. I can't wait to play with him.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

T2 magnet man gets the highest amount of attack in the game from his t2 it's like an extra 4-5k

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So I feel like not having the Uru gear unlocked just yet I'm right on the edge of being able to do a lot of poo poo with my dudes. Like I can beat the World Boss 1 time a day and I've finally fully cleared the alliance battle. I can almost clear the WB a second time but my damage just isn't quite there yet.

Do the Uru's make your dudes really all that much better or is it just me needing to get good?

Oh yeah and playing with a controller is weird. Movement is so much better but the way the buttons are laid out can make it a little confusing. I'll have to play with it a bit and see if I can get it down.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jun 17, 2017

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Uru's make your guys better but you don't need them to beat WBs.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Urus are for late, late game. Worry more about grabbing better people for your roster if you're struggling to get more than one world boss kill a day.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I honestly have barely used any Urus. Probably because I don't care about timeline.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I haven't used them once.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Urus are for extreme alliance battle and world boss ultimate. They're not for timeline

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

That is why your Modok sits their crying, languishing in the rain. :smith:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Ok so it's just a get good thing then. Got it.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I only use them to try to be #1 quake but I can't crack #20, thanks level 70s

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

fart simpson posted:

Urus are for extreme alliance battle and world boss ultimate. They're not for timeline

Shows how much I know! I do need help in WBU so I probably should fill them out.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

So I feel like not having the Uru gear unlocked just yet I'm right on the edge of being able to do a lot of poo poo with my dudes. Like I can beat the World Boss 1 time a day and I've finally fully cleared the alliance battle. I can almost clear the WB a second time but my damage just isn't quite there yet.

Do the Uru's make your dudes really all that much better or is it just me needing to get good?

Oh yeah and playing with a controller is weird. Movement is so much better but the way the buttons are laid out can make it a little confusing. I'll have to play with it a bit and see if I can get it down.

do you have daisy and warwolf? them plus a dpser (iron fist back in the day, could be anyone tho really. id use mags or cyclops or somethin) should get you a second clear

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Tom Gorman posted:

ive been finding him incredible at t1, he shits out dmg. just stunlocked iron fist in sl and it was a breeze, way easier than my usual t2 icr t2 thor team

ive got ignore def/lightning dmg/dmg proc on him so maybe its the lightning damage boosting his passive

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Apart from spending a (mega) t2, is there a faster way to get my xmen to t2 than grinding bios for the next weeks / months?

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Applied to Worst Alliance as dimercurio, the thread title promising mutants won me over. I am terrible at the game, though.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Ok now that mutants are here and my waifu Elsa has been in forever, there is only one way for KeKe Metmarbu to proceed

NEXT WAVE

It's like Shakespeare
But with lots more punching
It's like Goethe
But with lots more crushing
Like Titanic
But the boat's still floating
No it's not!
The motherfucking boat is exploding!
NEXTWAVE!
NEXTWAVE!

Dirk Anger
Is one crazy mamma-jamma
He leads HATE
Sitting around in his pretty pink pajamas
HATE was formed
By the Beyond Coporation
Purposely
To bring about catastrophic devastation!

NEXTWAVE!
NEXTWAVE!

Do you want a haircut?
The Beyond Corporation's gonna help you out
Do you need a toothbrush?
The Beyond Corporation's got an extra one
Do you have a step-son?
The Beyond Corporation's gonna rub him out
Do you see a monster?
Or a pirate?
Electric emu?
A giant sky-rat?
A midget Hitler?!
Or Pontius Pilate!

Don't call your mom or your doctor,
Just pick up the phone and call!

NEXTWAVE! Wooawoaah
NEXTWAVE!

Give us a NextWave rollcall!

MONICA!
Is gonna microwave your (whistle)
TABBY!
Is gonna steal all your stuff!
AARON!
Is going to organize your sock drawer!
ELSA!
Is gonna speak with an accent!
THE CAPTAIN!
His name is The Captain!

NEXTWAVE!
NEXTWAVE!
NEXTWAVE! Somebody please, please call...
NEXTWAVE!

For God's sake, somebody call NextWave...

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
T2 Magneto can keep someone in stun like 90% of the time

He's almost like Songbird, but with actual damage

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Twice now I have 3*'ed an xperson, pressed the 'epic quest' button then mashed 'buy' by accident on the offer to buy 70 bios when trying to turn in the mission. :suicide: I guess it shaves a week off the eventual 6* anyway but I didn't mean to spend those crystals.

On urus: I've put 2* ones on most people I use routinely but I've only bothered upgrading them to higher levels on Sharon. I'm trying to cake her out in 6*'s but it's a slooooow process. And expensive, especially norn-wise.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So in the Alliance Store, I just recently started resorting to buying the Uru package for 32 Alliance Tokens.

It's been absolutely worth it. 2 5* Energy Damage urus and plenty of 3*, but with how challenging it is to get a 5* Energy uru, I'll be buying this daily.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

So in the Alliance Store, I just recently started resorting to buying the Uru package for 32 Alliance Tokens.

It's been absolutely worth it. 2 5* Energy Damage urus and plenty of 3*, but with how challenging it is to get a 5* Energy uru, I'll be buying this daily.

Yeah I buy that one too, it's worth it.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

yeh i get the card and the uru every day

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I think that's going in the OP then. I wasn't sure if I was an outlier.

I think it's key advice.

Dr. VonHugenstein
Feb 16, 2004
They Call Him Monsterrod
T2 Magnetmon is definitely awesome -- just easymode rolled iThanos with him for the second week in a row.

That said, I think mega tickets are mostly wasted on him because he comes at 6* out of the box and the xmen epic quests throw huge chunks of his bios at you. Mega Mastery can help because shards are scarce at the beginning. But I used a vanilla T2 ticket on him and with epic quests 90% complete (stuck on 1000 mk crystals) I am sitting on 225 spare bios that will just wind up as Jean food.

Related: the Mkraan crystal wall is daunting. Urge to whale rising.

Dr. VonHugenstein fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jun 17, 2017

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Application sent to Doctor Goons

Whoops - applied as Choralone

Wizchine fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jun 18, 2017

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

:thumbsup:

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

Yes! I finally beat Villain Siege Hard Mode!

It was with Magneto T1

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

On some small level I miss the weeks where I was using my entire roster to try and beat the Hard Villain Siege with like every team of three just chipping off a little at a time.

There were days where the alliance challenge was "Do X Villain Siege Attempts" and I filled it myself.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Applied to Doctor Goons

Username - LongThickRichard

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

God drat that's a top tier name. Holy poo poo you are good people and we are happy to have you.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Yeah pro name there

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

God drat that's a top tier name. Holy poo poo you are good people and we are happy to have you.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Congrats to blue.eyed.ash on winning the dumb contest! Enjoy your new avatar.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

You know, I look at this and i honestly can't tell if I'd be pleased or annoyed to get all this.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Can't wait to unlock the Dark Mimension.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Ramadu posted:

You know, I look at this and i honestly can't tell if I'd be pleased or annoyed to get all this.

I honestly don't know what to think either. Really could've used 600+ bios.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Largepotato posted:

Can't wait to unlock the Dark Mimension.

thats a mimosa where u use rum instead of champagne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Dark Momension--clearly a ravishing place to visit.