Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Space Camp fuckup posted:

I want a Ball and Booker backcourt more than anything for Big Baller reasons

Lonzo will need to assert dominance by scoring 71 points in a game, so he will be gunning 50 shots a game from the get go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
https://twitter.com/ESPNForsberg/status/875870870526455814

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Brooklyn picks and the Memphis pick the only real valuable ones.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

euphronius posted:

The Brooklyn picks and the Memphis pick the only real valuable ones.

Clippers pick should be in the 20s and has some decent value.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

And with all those picks

https://twitter.com/PatrickCahiII/status/875871280268029952

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

I mean the guys he selected highly are still in the rotation and the rest are late round flotsam, it doesn't seem like a wacky draft board

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Cool Buff Man posted:

I mean the guys he selected highly are still in the rotation and the rest are late round flotsam, it doesn't seem like a wacky draft board

RIP the fabbest melo

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

cravius posted:

RIP the fabbest melo

I drove down to see him play in Portland a couple times. A drat shame.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Isaiah Hartenstein got a half sleeve, proof he's going to succeed in the NBA, like Marcin Gortat and Pero Antic

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jun 17, 2017

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Did we get fultz yet I'm super hungover and this is all I can care about right now

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

We are all waiting for fultz to meet with colangelo et al probably today.

Fox is working out right now .

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
gently caress fox

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Here u go jota

https://twitter.com/murf56/status/876092795907428352

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Don't know why fultz would work out for philly unless they could get #1 so hooray 😁

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/pompeyonsixers/status/876098259076468736

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Yes!!!!

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

Yeah, Ainge has only had 2 top ten picks he actually made, and so far they have not been proven to be duds. He also traded 2 top 10 picks, which ultimately were instrumental in bringing KG over.

As for the trade, I can only think that the celtics are trying to do a 3 way deal. If it was about Josh Jackson, it'd be better to do a draft day or later trade. (which, reading above, might be the case).

joepinetree fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jun 17, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/pompeyonsixers/status/876102050857275394

:iit:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

How long until Ainge leaks the deets? Before dinner tonight?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Idk

It appears the agents are leaking this one

Also the lakers made their best offer already so . Look like this is contingent on the lakers taking Ball.

Lakers may trade to 4 and gently caress this all up as well.

https://twitter.com/howardeskin/status/876106153918431232

euphronius fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jun 17, 2017

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Don't gently caress me magic!!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

:lol: Magic come on and take Jackson to spite the Celts and keep that rivalry going

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Jota posted:

Did we get fultz yet I'm super hungover and this is all I can care about right now

https://twitter.com/JesusZoidberg/status/875828305206939649

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Can someone post the newest chad cord mock tyia

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I posted his commentary on the top four, just because that seemed like the most interesting stuff. Seems like a Lakers/Suns swap might not actually gently caress up the 76ers/Celtics deal if Phoenix wants Ball?

1. Philadelphia 76ers (via Celtics) — Markelle Fultz, Washington, Freshman, Guard

The Sixers have coveted Fultz for much of the past year. They need a guard who can run the point, play off the ball, score, stretch the floor and defend both guard spots. Fultz checks all of those boxes in a way no one else in the draft could. If the reported trade happens, it makes a lot of sense for Philadelphia, despite the high price.

While Fultz has been a Sixers target, we should note that Josh Jackson has some major fans in Philly as well. They love his two-way potential, so he remains a dark horse to go No. 1.

If the potential trade falls apart: Fultz remains the favorite to be the No. 1 pick, although the Celtics have shown increasing interest in Josh Jackson.

2. Los Angeles Lakers — Lonzo Ball, UCLA, Freshman, Guard

The Lakers are going out of their way to stifle talk that Ball to L.A. is a done deal. Partially it's about controlling the narrative and their draft destiny, but it's also around some genuine disagreements in the front office about who's the best pick for the Lakers' future.

Fox and Jackson have a real shot at going No. 2. Ball is the favorite, but he's far from a lock.

3. Boston Celtics (via 76ers) — Josh Jackson, Kansas, Freshman, Forward

As I wrote on Thursday, the Celtics prize Jackson's toughness and motor and defensive talent. When the Celtics were believed to be holding on to the No. 1 pick, Jackson was a strong candidate, and he remains one if they are selecting at No. 3.

Celtics president Danny Ainge is trying to maximize the return for the No. 1 pick, and in this case he has a chance to get both Jackson and a future draft pick from the Sixers -- as usual, Boston is showing its mastery of roster building and asset collection.

But the plan might go awry if the Sixers or Lakers take Jackson. At that point, Boston is likely choosing between Ball and Jayson Tatum. Both are ranked highly by the Celtics, and it's unclear which way they would lean right now.

If the potential trade falls apart: Jackson is the most likely pick if he's available, and Philly stays at No. 3. He might not be the best fit, but the Sixers might view him as the best player available.

4. Phoenix Suns — De'Aaron Fox, Kentucky, Freshman, Guard

The Suns are hoping that Ball falls to No. 4. They like him and think he's a good fit in their system alongside Devin Booker.

If he's not there, it will be among Jackson, Fox and Tatum. With Jackson off the board, Fox seems like an ideal fit. The Suns are loaded with offensive talent. Getting Fox's defensive versatility, intensity and playmaking should really improve the Suns and open the door to an Eric Bledsoe trade.

5. Sacramento Kings — Jayson Tatum
6. Orlando Magic — Jonathan Isaac
7. Minnesota Timberwolves — Lauri Markkanen
8. New York Knicks — Malik Monk
9. Dallas Mavericks — Dennis Smith
10. Sacramento Kings — Frank Ntilikina
11. Charlotte Hornets — Donovan Mitchell
12. Detroit Pistons — Luke Kennard
13. Denver Nuggets — OG Anunoby
14. Miami Heat — Zach Collins
15. Portland Trail Blazers — Harry Giles
16. Chicago Bulls — John Collins
17. Milwaukee Bucks — Ike Anigbogu
18. Indiana Pacers — TJ Leaf
19. Atlanta Hawks — Jarrett Allen
20. Portland Trail Blazers — Edrice Adebayo
21. Oklahoma City Thunder — Justin Jackson
22. Brooklyn Nets — Justin Patton
23. Toronto Raptors — Andzejs Pasecniks
24. Utah Jazz — Tony Bradley
25. Orlando Magic — Frank Jackson
26. Portland Trail Blazers — Isaiah Hartenstein
27. Brooklyn Nets — Terrance Ferguson
28. L.A. Lakers — D.J. Wilson
29. San Antonio Spurs — Jordan Bell
30. Utah Jazz — Tyler Lydon

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Death, taxes, Chad Ford mocking a white guy to Utah

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Tatum/Frank is an ideal but boring therefore disappointing outcome for the Kings

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Nap Ghost

lol

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/876130480474738688

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

The top three picks in the NBA Draft revolve around the desire to not be the team that gets stuck with Lonzo Ball

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Protections include even/odd and lunar phase

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

I will pay dozens of hobos to break into Staples Center and poo poo en masse on the Lakers logo at center court if Magic fucks this up for us.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Seriously, can we start campaigning the Lakers to draft Jackson. Do we need to get Scott on the radio to start stumping

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/etd51/status/875841482552483844

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Ainge hasn't done a good job of generating surplus value from non-lottery picks, but that's the default outcome for every team in the league. The only one of those that is real bad to me is RJ Hunter. If Ainge misses on 3-5 guys in the top 5, well then yeah, he's gone, but it's difficult to compare a GM's track record of picking in the top 5 to picking in the 20s.

In terms of the proposed trade, I guess I don't understand Josh Jackson's fit with Jaylen Brown on offense. I think Brown is probably going to better than Jackson at pretty much everything on offense in the half court, meaning Jackson's addition is mainly some transition buckets and better perimeter defense. Is there something else I'm missing?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

It's like he is playing NBA 2k franchise mode except it's in the actual NBA.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fultz will be in camden at 6pm.

I assume theyve reviewed his medicals by now. Id loving just give Boston 2018 Lakers straight up.

https://twitter.com/JoelEmbiid/status/876138789378433024

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Can someone explain to me why DSJ is considered to have attitude problems but Josh Jackson isn't? Didn't Josh Jackson flip out on a female basketball player and commit felony amounts of damage to her car? (and get out of it because who he is?) I've only read the deadspin articles on it but he seems like kind of a poo poo head for that. Maybe they portrayed it badly and I didn't read enough on it. I would think that'd make trading down for him over Fultz a bad idea.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Smith had bad body language on the court where as JJ did not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

:getin:

I never thought this would happen and it is.

thank you Sam.

• Locked thread