Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Amazing Zimmo posted:

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/876122663642693632

500 crates added and all hand stacked to retain maximum immersion and time wasting.

So much fidelity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/876147026290892801

Ben Lesnick- Developer and now also Negotiator

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPmTJZH3VZg&t=281s

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

shrach posted:

Having a majority of staff in the UK is going to help them out going forward too. £44.5k with 20% UK tax rebate and 1.25 dollar exchange rate puts it at $44.5k for a UK employee in 2017. While that looks really good on paper, it looks like poo poo in their video game or non-existent as far as Squadron 42 is concerned and that was supposed to be what the UK company is producing so...

I'd imagine their US employees probably get paid a bit more. Game dev avg salary in the US is like 85k, artist is like 75k. Who knows maybe it's all unpaid interns now lol.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqMarauy6_E

:gary:

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/875976443670306816

Ben Lesnick- Developer, Negotiator and tripping on acid.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

To be fair would anyone else in the universe have negotiated a price of $10,000 for boxes of old poo poo the guy two doors down in the office didn't want that represented the history of the game they were both working on at the time of purchase?

Only Ben could have struck that deal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd8fOouKiLc

Ringo Tax

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
:lesnick: Hey Chris, you're a billionaire, care to spend a little on these boxes of crap to help secure your most treasured games history?

:hampants: Nope

:lesnick: OK, well we could get the backers to pay for it, I am sure they'd be open to that idea

:hampants: Nope

:lesnick: I think I am dying

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Warhawk109 posted:

I'd imagine their US employees probably get paid a bit more. Game dev avg salary in the US is like 85k, artist is like 75k. Who knows maybe it's all unpaid interns now lol.

To be honest, any number of devs they claim to have above one would be a surprise at this point. A lot of artists of varying levels of experience, I'd believe any number they say. The US had been home to the support, community managers, masters of ships, editors. Not a great deal of evidence for devs in any of the studios though so who knows?

I tried to do a best case scenario and what I came up with was they must have spent at the very least $138m to the middle of June 2017. Some $7m of that would be from HMRC with $131m from their fundraising. It is amusing to point out that it is basically triple the development budget of The Witcher 3 and there really is nothing of substance to show for it.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Will alpha 5.0 allow other people to visit my giant ugly hangar I've payed $20 a month for 3 years to decorate?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

MilesK posted:

Will alpha 5.0 allow other people to visit my giant ugly hangar I've payed $20 a month for 3 years to decorate?

Yup, just as soon as they get the fish control panel :psyduck: working!

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Thanks! I'm sure it will be OK and if I die at least I went doing what I loved. Drugged into oblivion while being hacked around the skull with various power tools

You should live stream SC while you're having your lobotomy. For science. It will be fascinating to watch you become a true fan in realtime.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

The miracle of life in the moment of conception.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Experimental Skin posted:

You should live stream SC while you're having your lobotomy. For science. It will be fascinating to watch you become a true fan in realtime.

I'll Twitch stream it and the surgeons can do a half assed Harlem Shuffle when someone subscribes

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glTOPkITos0

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

peter gabriel posted:

I'll Twitch stream it and the surgeons can do a half assed Harlem Shuffle when someone subscribes

Are you opting for the liquid metal bone replacement, I've heard good things o9

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

No Mods No Masters posted:

Are you opting for the liquid metal bone replacement, I've heard good things o9

Hell yes

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Rhetorical question but you are on drugs...

You checked the box for the "Worst kind of electricity"?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The only thing he negotiates is his hospital bills from being too fat

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I assume this drawing was Archered?

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

peter gabriel posted:

The thought of him getting them is tearing me apart, I might update my will to leave them to this rear end in a top hat I know

But each JPEG will be worth tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars when the game* releases!

You can't deprive your descendants of the fruit** of your wise investment!

*Not actually a game
**Not pineapple.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

peter gabriel posted:

"So erm we need an ern cool name like what they have for bar citizen, that's a fun play on words, any suggestions?"

*tumbleweeds*

"food citizen?"

Next event will be Coding Citizen, a collection of comp sci students getting together to help write the game*.

*Nope, still not a game.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
How did they not come up with Starving Citizen for the food thing?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Colostomy Bag posted:

Rhetorical question but you are on drugs...

You checked the box for the "Worst kind of electricity"?

Box could say anything at all, it's all good man
I might start leaving my posts unedited for the true horror that is my mind right now, plus they are taking ages to edit typos out of

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

IncredibleIgloo posted:

wkait is thT bEN? i JUST SORT OF ssumed it was superman's fat Dad

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Oh my good god that was worse than expected

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

peter gabriel posted:

wkait is thT bEN? i JUST SORT OF ssumed it was superman's fat Dad

The game had characters for Croberts and Sandi, so I would not be surprised if that is supposed to be ben. Plus the "Inspired by Ben Lesnick" makes me think that too.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

skaboomizzy posted:

How did they not come up with Starving Citizen for the food thing?

You cANT REALLy call it that then have half a coach load of fatties turn up all like'where's tyhe buffet at?'

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

IncredibleIgloo posted:

No.

This is the result of round two after people found the original images that were traced over.

This stuff should be "Original Art".

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

MilesK posted:

http://i.imgur.com/vYm6lCE.gifv

e: oops, I meant to get the explosion in there

:five:

also, shitposting more space pics from tonight

Aquila and Scutum

Cassiopeia

Andromeda Galaxy

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

I don't understand you goon fuckers doubting Derek's ELE. Your cult leader is about to manage a Trump impeachment all on his own. How can he possibly screw up a lowly game developer take down?

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

darkarchon posted:

also, shitposting more space pics from tonight

Andromeda Galaxy

What comes first? Star Citizen releasing or Andromeda tearing our galaxy apart?

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

This cat is waiting for Star Citizen.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

Bootcha posted:

This cat is waiting for Star Citizen.

Cat can taste the fidelity.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Who the gently caress puts "inspired by" captions on board game art? Are these idiots so far up their own asses that they think gamers in the real world will be impressed by references to "personalities" in their scam bubble?

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

"Thank you for tracing that picture of me from 10 years ago."

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Flared Basic Bitch posted:

Who the gently caress puts "inspired by" captions on board game art? Are these idiots so far up their own asses that they think gamers in the real world will be impressed by references to "personalities" in their scam bubble?

Theu maight have to put that because they lost rabk og how much poo poo Ryan has Arschered

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Flared Basic Bitch posted:

I think that was actually a reward for one of the higher kickstarter tiers.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I am goin to bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

peter gabriel posted:

Theu maight have to put that because they lost rabk og how much poo poo Ryan has Arschered

Gabz, be a good commando and share the :catdrugs: the doc gave you with the rest of us