Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

mewse posted:

Good on Holm for biding her time for that shot, too. It felt pretty absurd when Goddard had to step in and warn both fighters for timidity, that was not a fight I was expecting to end with a KO.

Mir-Mirko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

UFC

handsome only face fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 17, 2017

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

handsome only face posted:

Im Hitler and im posting here on this site. Time Kennedy whats up bitch

I've spent years crafting a persona of a irreverent jokeman who doesn't say that he'd kick Hitler's rear end but guess what. It was me Tim Kennedy the whole time. And now I've got you, Hitler.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Best part of the card was RDA walking out to the bloodsport song

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Im Hitler and im posting here on this site. Time Kennedy whats up bitch

lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Nierbo posted:

Okay. Let's not go crazy...

hes scared of a freakin baby....what a pussy

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Skip My Posts posted:

hes scared of a freakin baby....what a pussy

Well, he normally has a rifle with him when confronting such a force

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost
"Protect yourself at all times."

("Wasted" clip for Correia vs Holm. I couldn't resist.)

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I, occupationally,

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

So on the continuing subject of brain trauma ex UFC fighter Tim Hague (best known for choking out Pat Barry and then losing to Todd Duffee in 7 seconds) was KO'd in a Boxing match last night and has been declared brain dead:

https://twitter.com/MIKERUSSELLMMA/status/876165604084002816

Apparently he had been KO'd 7 times in the past 2 years

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Fentry posted:

So on the continuing subject of brain trauma ex UFC fighter Tim Hague (best known for choking out Pat Barry and then losing to Todd Duffee in 7 seconds) was KO'd in a Boxing match last night and has been declared brain dead:

Jesus...

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Saw footage. Dude hit the ground at least four times. Referee hosed up really badly and never called a TKO when one was needed.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Fentry posted:

That's horrible.

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Saw footage. Dude hit the ground at least four times. Referee hosed up really badly and never called a TKO when one was needed.
First knock down at 01:23.
Second at 02:25.
Third at 03:03.
Fourth at 04:22.
KO blow at 05:25.

It's so screwed up that the most (arguably) dangerous contact sport is run by only the most incompetent athletic commissions. But I also can't figure out why his own corner didn't stop the fight- Hague was clearly outclassed and the fight wasn't going to sway in his favor at any point. The whole situation's just heartbreaking and infuriating to watch.

melon cat fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jun 18, 2017

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
That's loving horrifying

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
yikes

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

melon cat posted:

First knock down at 01:23.
Second at 02:25.
Third at 03:03.
Fourth at 04:22.
KO blow at 05:25.

It's so screwed up that the most (arguably) dangerous contact sport is run by only the most incompetent athletic commissions. But I also can't figure out why his own corner didn't stop the fight- Hague was clearly outclassed and the fight wasn't going to sway in his favor at any point. The whole situation's just heartbreaking and infuriating to watch.

Like with that kid who died in the kickboxing fight last year, it's genuinely upsetting that the corner, the referee, and the doctor all drop the loving ball. You'd think one of them would give a gently caress. To be fair, this thing is very rare, but there are a few people who should have Hague death weighing on their conscience.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Does boxing have a proportionally higher rate of death than other combat sports? If so, why?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Does boxing have a proportionally higher rate of death than other combat sports? If so, why?

definitely more than mma where theres no standing 8 counts or poo poo like that where guys take prolonged horrible beatings or are knocked out multiple times in one fight

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
drat it was only 2 rounds into the fight?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I think boxing and racing have the highest mortality rate. Unless you want to include dog and horse racing.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
That's loving wretched. A single person in the chain of custody could have stopped it and none of them did.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Bethe Correia being knocked out mid-taunt would have been way better if the taunt hadn't been 30 seconds of her going "come at me bro" while Holly Holm bobs up and down outside of punching range, and it would have only been "good" if it hadn't been preceded by two rounds of Bethe trying badly to fight while Holm bobbed up and down just outside of punching range.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Poor Shrek. :(

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

also he was in a horrible accident

lmao

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Bethe Correia being knocked out mid-taunt would have been way better if the taunt hadn't been 30 seconds of her going "come at me bro" while Holly Holm bobs up and down outside of punching range, and it would have only been "good" if it hadn't been preceded by two rounds of Bethe trying badly to fight while Holm bobbed up and down just outside of punching range.

nah that makes it even better

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
im trying so bad to fight but she wont! *gets kicked in the face and knocked out*

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Because instead of getting stunned, knocked down, and tko'd like in mma you get repeatedly battered to the brain by a guy with enough padding on his hands to just daze you slightly over and over.

After that occurs for a long time, it's really bad on your brain.

Usually it's the fights that go 10 rounds. Crazy that happened in 2.

mewse
May 2, 2006

The fact that that happened in Canada is hitting really close to home for me. It reminds me of that Roufusport kickboxing vid as well, the ref doesn't notice the affected gait of the athlete and just keeps letting the fight go on.

I think the third knockdown was waved off as a slip which started to really make me upset. I feel terrible for everybody involved.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

It was funny/insanely brutal how Bethe put her hand up like "check please" and Holly just dived in Hendo style to make sure she was dead.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Ratios and Tendency posted:

It was funny/insanely brutal how Bethe put her hand up like "check please" and Holly just dived in Hendo style to make sure she was dead.

She was signalling to the fan-man to get her out of there. Sadly, he's been dead for fifteen years.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Beche cant actually fight either. Hits pads decent though.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
WBW is a tale eternally retold of a bunch of women who can't fight and Holly Holm, the one woman that can, but chooses not to.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Eat This Glob posted:

I mean if you're having trouble catching up to a 128 year old Austrian man with one testicle and a hosed up little dingus plus a hole in his head from that time he shot himself I begin to question just how "manly" you can be.

That Hitler had hosed up genital is a myth fyi

I won't stand by while you besmirch the Fuhrer

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Dan Didio posted:

WBW is a tale eternally retold of a bunch of women who can't fight and Holly Holm, the one woman that can, but chooses not to.

Aishop's Fables

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

My fanfic where mighty mouse is saving the ufc one superman punch at a time

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
I miss Goldie yelling 'Superman Punch!' excitedly when one was thrown during a fight, as its the one move he knows the name of.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Nierbo posted:

I miss Goldie yelling 'Superman Punch!' excitedly when one was thrown during a fight, as its the one move he knows the name of.

I thought he'd yell TEEP TEEP and Joe would have to correct him

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Oh! Big right hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
I wonder what the difference is between a slap and a thud on a leg kick? Guess we'll never know.

• Locked thread