Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Sonic Adventure Episode 12 - Cube

I actually don't mind Amy's gameplay that much, but the constant beeping (AGAIN) and when you have to do puzzles in enclosed spaces that depend on not getting hurt while an invincible laser robot lasers you constantly hoo hmm yeah that's sorta poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Cute couples get in free! As a special limited time offer, free matching body bags for when you are crushed to death by spike balls!

I'm loving jealous of how fast you beat the whack a mole minimum score

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
I'm still watching, but I was pretty busy the last couple weeks so I'm not caught up on everything.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Sonic Adventure Episode 13 - Zero Time Dilemma

So for context, we decided to record as many episodes as we could because we don't really have any more days where we can record before Grace comes to Canada (Although we're going to upload some stuff during/after that :v:). We only have one episode left so there's going to be an unfortunate break before we actually upload a Metal Gear episode to the Metal Gear thread.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I know he's no Omega but Gamma's cool too, okay :saddowns: Also yeah, I wish you could see the nuke zooming by in the background while Amy is talking about bird drama :allears: God help you surviving Big the Cat

Hope you two have a great time together.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Sonic Adventure Episode 13 - d e s p a i r

You can hear me become energized by hatred in this episode. It's how I've survived most of my life.

Also yes this is actually how I'm going to have to leave off the thread for a while. Look you're the one that watches this poo poo don't judge ME for it.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
You're playing Big the Cat's story. My soft spot for this game doesn't really extend to this section :v:

Come on Sonic team, 'idiot chases frog into subterranean tunnels' is a classic plot. If you had just given Big a sweet transforming tank everything would have been okay.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Froggy is great!
I don't like to say that I love to hear you in total despair, but it's so true...

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Apr 29, 2017

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

In honor of today and I guess tomorrow, I need to rewatch your Sons of Liberty playthrough.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Are you guys planning to do Twin Snakes as well? Would like to see your reactions to this stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgitmM3Irp4

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:Dead By Daylight: Dan Does A Survival 1 - Stealth Myers :siren:

Hey my buddy and I played a bunch of good rounds of Dead by Daylight tonight and since Grace and I have no backlog until he comes to Canada, I figured I'd drop 'em into our threads.

Convex posted:

Are you guys planning to do Twin Snakes as well? Would like to see your reactions to this stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgitmM3Irp4

I'm honestly not sure, since it's basically MGS1 but on hardware I don't own. If we get a chance I wouldn't mind trying it since I never really got to play it.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Danaru posted:

I'm honestly not sure, since it's basically MGS1 but on hardware I don't own. If we get a chance I wouldn't mind trying it since I never really got to play it.

It plays pretty well on Dolphin (Wii/GC emulator) so if you have a half-decent PC it should run fine! It's mainly worth it to see a) how MGS2 gameplay works (or doesn't?) when put into the original game, and b) the utter absurdity of the new cutscenes. Also I think it's the only Nintendo approved game that lets you shoot Mario and Yoshi in the face with an assault rifle.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Convex posted:

It plays pretty well on Dolphin (Wii/GC emulator) so if you have a half-decent PC it should run fine! It's mainly worth it to see a) how MGS2 gameplay works (or doesn't?) when put into the original game, and b) the utter absurdity of the new cutscenes. Also I think it's the only Nintendo approved game that lets you shoot Mario and Yoshi in the face with an assault rifle.

I'm planning on testing out Dolphin for Dokapon Round 2 Dokapon Harder so I'll totally try out Twin Snakes, if it works we'll definitely play it :v:

Also we did another survival come check it out!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Danaru posted:

I'm planning on testing out Dolphin for Dokapon Round 2 Dokapon Harder so I'll totally try out Twin Snakes, if it works we'll definitely play it :v:

Also we did another survival come check it out!

Cool! Make sure you pick up one of the latest development builds (i.e. scroll down past the official releases on the downloads page) as there have been some big improvements in the last few months :)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Lets Play Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival: We're In Canada This Time

Grace is in Canada! Which means we have an excuse to drag more people into Amiibo Festival!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGSV Phantom Pain 37 - Ghost Tape

METAL GEAR'S BACK, BABY!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Metal Gear?? It can't be!

milk teeth
Oct 13, 2009

oh boyo h boy oh boy :dance:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGSV Phantom Pain 38 - Near A Tomato

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
I haven't owned a console since the PS2, last MGS I played was 3.

Were you playing with a physical disk or can you buy old PS1 titles electronically?

Also, is it possible to play MGS4 on xbox? I'm thinking of getting back into gaming since my hands are not tiny anymore the xbox controller seems nicer and most of the games I want are on there (including MGS5), but apparently they never ported MGS4 to xbox.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

maskenfreiheit posted:

I haven't owned a console since the PS2, last MGS I played was 3.

Were you playing with a physical disk or can you buy old PS1 titles electronically?

Also, is it possible to play MGS4 on xbox? I'm thinking of getting back into gaming since my hands are not tiny anymore the xbox controller seems nicer and most of the games I want are on there (including MGS5), but apparently they never ported MGS4 to xbox.

MGS1 was played on disk, but I'm pretty sure you can get a digital copy off PSN for like five bucks. If not, I hear it runs great on an emulator.

MGS4 is PS3 only because the console is built so ridiculously that it wasn't worth the effort most of the time for devs to port to or from it (CELL PROCESSOR :kingsley:) so you're out of luck there.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Danaru posted:

MGS1 was played on disk, but I'm pretty sure you can get a digital copy off PSN for like five bucks. If not, I hear it runs great on an emulator.

MGS4 is PS3 only because the console is built so ridiculously that it wasn't worth the effort most of the time for devs to port to or from it (CELL PROCESSOR :kingsley:) so you're out of luck there.

Do you think it's worth picking up a PS3 merely to play MGS4?

(I suppose it could also play my old PS1/2 games, I'm not sure if my PS2 even works still and I have a big stash of old PS2 games...)

BTW, what's the memory card situation? Can I put a PS1 card into a PS3?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

PS3 has a pretty solid library, so it might be worth picking up for other things too, because I don't think I'd say MGS4 is a system seller anymore. You won't get PS2 disc compatibility unless you get one of the oldest model PS3s though, so be aware of that. Memory cards aren't compatible, but I think there might be an accessory you can buy to digitize your saves? The PS3 uses virtual memory cards for PS1 and PS2 games, in any cases

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

maskenfreiheit posted:

Do you think it's worth picking up a PS3 merely to play MGS4?

(I suppose it could also play my old PS1/2 games, I'm not sure if my PS2 even works still and I have a big stash of old PS2 games...)

BTW, what's the memory card situation? Can I put a PS1 card into a PS3?

To be super honest, not really. It hasn't really aged well since so much of it is cutscenes, and most PS3's you'll find no longer have backwards compatability, you'd only be able to play PS1/2 games you buy off PSN.

As for memory cards, it emulates them, so you won't need an old one but also you can't use data off an old memory card either.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Danaru posted:

To be super honest, not really. It hasn't really aged well since so much of it is cutscenes, and most PS3's you'll find no longer have backwards compatability, you'd only be able to play PS1/2 games you buy off PSN.

As for memory cards, it emulates them, so you won't need an old one but also you can't use data off an old memory card either.

There is a peripheral that can digitize ps2 memory cards, but good luck finding one at this point.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Zomborgon posted:

There is a peripheral that can digitize ps2 memory cards, but good luck finding one at this point.

I have a DexDrive in the same box as the PS2 actually

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
To clear up a point of confusion I see all the time: All PS3 consoles can play PS1 games off real game discs. It's only PS2 compatibility that is hardware-specific -- and at this point, you're much better off just grabbing a cheap actual PS2 or emulating PS2 on PC than finding a PS3 that can do PS2.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
You should do a "gently caress with the guards" episode of MGS1...

nothing is grander than putting C-4 on a guard's back, getting him to alert, luring him and bunch of others into one of those rooms, detonating the C4 to kill more guards, then having a second squad run in but the clarymores I set up take them out and finally a third wave come in and get mowed down by my FAMAS, so I then stalk throughout the basement taking out guards one by one via strangulation....

you know you all did this too

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGSV Phantom Pain 39 - [EXTREME] Dan Fights A Giant loving Robot

Sahelanthropus drat near makes up for being the only real boss fight besides the Skulls :allears: The Extreme version is just that much better.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Oh poo poo, Dan MGS updates I didn't notice. Is it as good as I remember-

*Dan Chumps the skulls, then demonstrates how you can dunk zombies too hard*

Dan making me both incredibly jealous, and highly incredulous at the same time. Checks out :allears:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

While you were talking about how Sahelanthropus is the most humanlike Metal Gear, this was all I could think about. (And you were probably referencing that, too.)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Mikl posted:

While you were talking about how Sahelanthropus is the most humanlike Metal Gear, this was all I could think about. (And you were probably referencing that, too.)

Yeah I was bringing up how TX-55 is sorta a piece of poo poo compared to the older Metal Gears because it was designed by a bionics expert (Madnar) and not an Emmerich, but I lost my train of thought and forgot :v:

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Mikl posted:

It could also be materials shortages necessitating a more conservative design. Sahelantrhopus had a superpower funding it. Plus wasn't Sahelanthropus only able to work because of Baby Mantis?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

White Coke posted:

It could also be materials shortages necessitating a more conservative design. Sahelantrhopus had a superpower funding it. Plus wasn't Sahelanthropus only able to work because of Baby Mantis?

While Sahlanthropotomus did have at MINIMUM three different plot devices integral to it's existence, that still leaves the rest :v:

After all, ZEKE was made while working out of a fancy oil rig. While ye olde metal Gear at least had land masses to work with.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Dan. Put all your videos in playlists! I want to catch up on your LP but I don't know which ones I've already watched :(

Heck, even the list in the OP is behind.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Neopie posted:

Dan. Put all your videos in playlists! I want to catch up on your LP but I don't know which ones I've already watched :(

Heck, even the list in the OP is behind.

Done, OP's updated too

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

maskenfreiheit posted:

You should do a "gently caress with the guards" episode of MGS1...

nothing is grander than putting C-4 on a guard's back, getting him to alert, luring him and bunch of others into one of those rooms, detonating the C4 to kill more guards, then having a second squad run in but the clarymores I set up take them out and finally a third wave come in and get mowed down by my FAMAS, so I then stalk throughout the basement taking out guards one by one via strangulation....

you know you all did this too

remember in mgs2 when you could shake down the guards for rations, shoot them and stuff them in a locker?

pepperidge farms remembers

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
I think I'm all caught up and suddenly another giant robot episode appears. That's gotta be good a good one.

Also $10 was my breaking point on the HD Collection and I finally grabbed it from PSN yesterday. Got Peace Walker downloaded so far and oh boy, does having the camera assigned to a stick make a world of difference in terms of playability. Overall controls will take some getting used to, especially L1/R1 which I keep mixing up. :(

Quick Edit: discovered that Peace Walker makes use of PS3's mostly unsupported Custom Soundtrack feature. Random yet pretty sweet.

Yessss tape hell episode! :aaa:
\/\/\/

pick-e fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jun 25, 2017

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGSV Phantom Pain 40 - Cassette Tape Episode: The Cassettening

This whole cassette narrative thing was cool the first time I played this, but man it's not great for an LP format

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Dan in the video posted:

I actually believed in Huey. I thought it was Miller being an rear end in a top hat up until I got the tape with Strangelove in the AI pod.

That combined with the fact that you listened to the tapes on the companion app while in the gym gave me the funniest mental image of you just working out, earbuds on, and then screaming "gently caress" out of nowhere :laugh: