Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Macaluso posted:

Where's Downwell 2

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Downwell 2: Upwell

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Downwell 2: Before the Storm

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I'm Going Downwell for the 3rd Time, 2

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

how many people beat downwell here other than me

also how many people who beat it like me were surprised that it actually had an end

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Quest For Glory II posted:

also how many people who beat it like me were surprised that it actually had an end

I wasn't able to get good. :(

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Downwell is so weird how it gets easier every level. The last level is just a victory lap to show off your sick 500 combo. Super fun though.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
time to play unreal: this time with voice acting and a plot

return to na pali sure is, a thing

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Xun posted:

Spotted at the Helsinki airport awhile ago

Remedy: Making Games Is Hard

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

i beat it on i think my 3rd try :c00l:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

downwell seems like something i'd like but i don't have it or really want it. i watched mary kisch beat it on upf once

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Guy Mann posted:

Remedy: Making Games Is Hard
i actually within the past hour looked up quantum break on steamspy and it has just less than 150K owners on steam, a bomb everywhere

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

SUMMER GAMES DONE QUICK IN TWO WEEKS

and it starts with halfcoordinated doing neir automata

https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

nier automata one handed...............

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

oh poo poo there's a Tetris: The Grand Master block hell yea

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

oddium posted:

I thought he might be playing with the auto chips but of course not. legend

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

oddium posted:

Isn't that the default mode?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

I beat the standard mode, but I couldn't beat the hard mode. Still felt really satisfying to finally beat that game. Put about 30 hours into it which rules considering the game is like $2

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
It's been over 15 years since I first played Betrayal at Krondor and I only just realized that Owyn isn't wearing a fantasy coonskin cap and that thing on his head is actually supposed to be his hair :byodood:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That wig makes Samurai Cop look good.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

That wig makes Samurai Cop look good.

Krondor's terrible wig game is on a whole other level, I'm pretty sure there's at least one point in-game where a character calls out Locklear's lovely helmet hair.

It gave the game personality, at least, especially in comparison to how literary it tried to be with the huge amounts of a text and the endorsement of :siren:an actual published fantasy author:siren: even though the developers did all of the actual writing.

Even the game's cheat menu had in-universe text where a magical chest appears in front of everyone and they marvel at the gift and wonder what magic could be responsible for it and at what cost.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Multiplayer games are a lot more toxic than they used to be it seems like, or maybe I've just gotten older and my tolerance for it keeps getting lower and lower.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

TOOT BOOT posted:

Multiplayer games are a lot more toxic than they used to be it seems like, or maybe I've just gotten older and my tolerance for it keeps getting lower and lower.

It's the latter. I've got 'fond' memories of being called a fag way back in CS 1.6 just like I'm sure someone out there has 'fond' memories of being called a fag over Doom phone line DOS connection multiplayer.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Are Millennials Killing Multiplayer Games?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

CJacobs posted:

It's the latter. I've got 'fond' memories of being called a fag way back in CS 1.6 just like I'm sure someone out there has 'fond' memories of being called a fag over Doom phone line DOS connection multiplayer.

Yeah people trash talked each other back then but no one was really mad about it. Now you have people screaming in apoplectic rage over the mic and team games are about managing everyone's fragile egos so they don't spontaneously decide to ruin the game. And now you have people playing from Russia/China/etc thrown into the mix with their >999 ping and it feels like playing multiplayer is a crapshoot for whether you're going to have fun or not.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TOOT BOOT posted:

Voice chat definitely makes it seem more toxic. But honestly it's probably the same level as before, it was just harder to express their rage / hatred with typing.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

TOOT BOOT posted:

fethers

basalt
Jan 11, 2015

Maybe I've just been particularly unfortunate, but everything I've encountered has been through text; I wouldn't dare to use voice chat with strangers.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
The official Four Job Fiesta run has concluded and the Fiesta will begin any time now! Hold on to your socks!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I used Stop Time on a rock and then I died for some reason?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

The official Four Job Fiesta run has concluded and the Fiesta will begin any time now! Hold on to your socks!

Every time this shows up I think I should participate but then forget about it.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what the FJF gimmick even is supposed to be.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds0bcZXI1tI

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mak0rz posted:

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what the FJF gimmick even is supposed to be.

You're limited to 4 of the 23 jobs in the game, which limits your combat options greatly and forces you to play more cleverly. An evil samurai twitter account picks what jobs they are. There are several variant rulesets you can use but the limit of 4 jobs remains.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Mak0rz posted:

Well good news! You can still participate once it's begun, without preregistration! The gimmick is that you play through FFV and each time you reach one of the crystals, you tweet to Gilgabot, who will assign you a job. You will end up with four jobs, and those are the only ones you can use for the whole game. Limitations breed creativity, and it's a lot of fun trying to figure out how your different jobs' skills can carry over and how they affect your strategies throughout the game.

Lurdiak posted:

There are several variant rulesets you can use but the limit of 4 jobs remains.

#fifthjob

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

You still can't have 5 at a time!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Did you do the face scan?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Did you do the face scan?

i could never be as handsome as famous basketball star thom yorke

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Note: the two characters in that screenshot are twin siblings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Just got back from a sort-of impromptu LAN party at my brother's place. That was strangely entertaining, playing Worms Armageddon and yelling at each other (and often throwing things) across the room when someone darksided

• Locked thread