Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

what are those?

This is a good article about Felix Sater but this is the relevant part.

quote:

In 1998, Sater pleaded guilty to a federal charge of racketeering for his role in a Mafia-linked $40-million stock fraud scheme. He quickly cut a deal, agreeing to become a secret FBI informant in hopes of getting a lenient sentence.

Court records were sealed to protect Sater’s identity, so his role in the fraud case stayed secret for a decade while he was at Bayrock. After a court hearing in 2009, he was fined $25,000 but was not sent to prison or ordered to pay restitution.

At his sentencing hearing, several FBI officials vouched for Sater’s help. He got his biggest endorsement in January 2015 when Loretta Lynch was asked at her Senate confirmation hearing for U.S. attorney general why court records had been sealed in the fraud case.

Sater had secretly worked with federal prosecutors and the FBI for more than 10 years, “providing information crucial to national security and the conviction of over 20 individuals, including those responsible for committing massive financial fraud and members of La Cosa Nostra” — the Mafia — according to Lynch, who had served as U.S. attorney in the Eastern District in New York.

edit: the idea being that since Trump worked with Sater's company Bayrock there is probably something about him in the records.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

empty whippet box posted:

I'm kind of assuming he's going to lose and we'll hear story after story about russian interference / funding / whatever in the election. If Ossof doesn't win, I flat out already assume that the election was rigged or stolen somehow.

Almost regardless of outcome it will be impossible to know if the election was legitimate.

Starmaker
Dec 29, 2009

My people I bring you a message from the Lord!

azflyboy posted:

Idaho also elected a governor named "Butch Otter" (who once blamed a DUI on having soaked his chewing tobacco in Jack Daniels), so that state has a thing for conservatives with silly names.

I was gonna post a picture of a butch otter but that would be NSFW

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Almost regardless of outcome it will be impossible to know if the election was legitimate.

Lol that people think any election where this is true could possibly ever be legitimate.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

empty whippet box posted:

Lol that people think any election where this is true could possibly ever be legitimate.

Well yeah but that's the same thing I said with more logical steps.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Nathan Deal is an insanely corrupt motherfucker even by GOP standards and the only reason Georgia hasn't passed religious freedom laws is because companies like Delta and Coke said no.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Anyone else watching Nixon revisited on MSNBC? The parraells are staggering.

Update: Can they shut up about the movie and just tell history?

Covok fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 18, 2017

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Five warriors should seal trump in a tree or something for a thousand years till a teen accidentally releases him

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Five warriors should seal trump in a tree or something for a thousand years till a teen accidentally releases him

Thinking about participating in the four job Fiesta?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Covok posted:

Anyone else watching Nixon revisited on MSNBC? The parraells are staggering.

Update: Can they shut up about the movie and just tell history?

Isn't it "All the Presidents Men, Revisited?" No wonder they're talking about the movie.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Teddybear posted:

Isn't it "All the Presidents Men, Revisited?" No wonder they're talking about the movie.

Yeah, didn't see hear the title till they did the news break so, yeah, you're right.

Also, Scalise is in serious condition, but showing signs of improvement. If he dies too close to GA-06 , it may sway things.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Covok posted:

Yeah, didn't see hear the title till they did the news break so, yeah, you're right.

Also, Scalise is in serious condition, but showing signs of improvement. If he dies too close to GA-06 , it may sway things.

Yeah, hopefully he’ll die a day or two after.

vvv Eh, I’m kind of over caring if Republicans live or die, as long as they go away. vvv

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jun 18, 2017

Covok
May 27, 2013

Glazier posted:

Yeah, hopefully he’ll die a day or two after.

I'm hoping he doesn't die at all. It's hosed up he got shot at all, piece of poo poo he may be.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I thought they declined to go to the White House :v:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I'd watch this Ernest Scared Stupid remake

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Covok posted:

I'm hoping he doesn't die at all. It's hosed up he got shot at all, piece of poo poo he may be.

Not according to the loving edgelords on this forum. I don't think they have any sense that he's a real human being, they talk about him like he's a bad guy character on a TV show.

I'm left wing *because* the left values human life, even that of people who did bad things (prisoners say.) If the left values human life only if they are on the right team, gently caress 'em. That way leads to bad places. Nazis weren't the only mass murderers out there in the early 20th century.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

BarbarianElephant posted:

Not according to the loving edgelords on this forum. I don't think they have any sense that he's a real human being, they talk about him like he's a bad guy character on a TV show.

I'm left wing *because* the left values human life, even that of people who did bad things (prisoners say.) If the left values human life only if they are on the right team, gently caress 'em. That way leads to bad places. Nazis weren't the only mass murderers out there in the early 20th century.

You're wrong. People are just more concerned about the hundreds of thousands who his legislation will kill if he remains alive. Not that his death will change what his party has already set into motion, but it he only stands to make it worse for innocent people the longer he's around and that takes priority.

Happy Thread fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jun 18, 2017

B B
Dec 1, 2005

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/876247826463772672

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Jesus Christ is Meghan Kelly's show just a platform for her to find a powerful husband?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

"Why are you so strong and powerful, great leader of the Rus?"

Yeah, Fox News journalists can't survive out of Fox.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

"It it hard to have so many muscles, and to be so handsome, and to have a very large penis?"

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
My friend is saying there's reports Bannon physically threatened WH staffers, but I can't find anything. Anyone know what he's talking about?

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

VanSandman posted:

My friend is saying there's reports Bannon physically threatened WH staffers, but I can't find anything. Anyone know what he's talking about?

I've only seen it mentioned by some Mensch associates so I've thus far ignored it.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

VanSandman posted:

I'm seeing reports in less than credible websites.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Careful staffers, Bannon might rub his nasty face on you.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
My rear end is reporting that Bannon personally set up a fight to the death gladiatorial ring for WH staffers in the basement while Trump watches while gorging himself on a bucket of the Colonel's finest.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

He's going to do more bad things (what a nice impreciseness that terms brings to what those things are, and comparing him to prisoners :discourse:) when he gets better. It's not about being on the right team, it's what you're doing with your time here.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Dumb Lowtax posted:

You're wrong. People are just more concerned about the hundreds of thousands who his legislation will kill if he remains alive. Not that his death will change what his party has already set into motion, but it he only stands to make it worse for innocent people the longer he's around and that takes priority.

Exactly, I want Republicans gone because the longer they are around the more people will be hurt. I’m done with friendly discourse with these people, they are trying to perpetuate mass murder.

Covok
May 27, 2013

People are upset and worried for their own lives because of people like him. Saying awful things online is venting more than anything else.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

If I woke up tomorrow morning to the news that Steve Bannon jacknife powerbombed an aid through a coffee table in a whiskey haze I wouldn't even bat an eye. Because that's the new reality we live in.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Covok posted:

And conversely, I hope he doesn't die because the nature of his injury and the number of surgeries means there is a really solid chance he'll be in a good deal of pain for the rest of his life. Death just flicks him off like a light switch, living is a continuation of his misery. I'm not kind enough to wish him dead.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

NikkolasKing posted:

My apologies, there's too much poo poo going on, what did Pence do?

We don't know, which is my point.

There may have been collusion with Russia in Trump's campaign, and Pence might have known about it at the time, or after the fact.

Like, say there was direct collusion, there might be a 2% chance that Pence knew about it at the time, and maybe a 10% chance that he knew about it after the fact. If Pence is seen as participating in espionage, then he will be impeached quickly, and normal partisan politics won't matter.

If Pence is just seen as being a dupe, than it will be a normal partisan affair.

I am not saying that Pence is guilty, just that if he is (and that is a reasonable, if slight probability), the normal rules of partisan politics are suspended.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I don't want him to die because I don't want him to be made a martyr.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Fart City posted:

If I woke up tomorrow morning to the news that Steve Bannon jacknife powerbombed an aid through a coffee table in a whiskey haze I wouldn't even bat an eye. Because that's the new reality we live in.

I'd be amazed that he was physically capable of it really.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Jesus Christ is Meghan Kelly's show just a platform for her to find a powerful husband?

She's already married though?

Her sudden flip on maternity leave and childcare policy pre and post baby are one of the worst examples of FYGMism in the last 8 years or so.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Don't seal Donnie in one of those longed lived trees, those are rare and cool.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Fart City posted:

The aide would reverse it into a hurricanrana.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Heck, why not Jared.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I don't want him to die because I don't want him to be made a martyr.

Yeah, true.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

PhazonLink posted:

She's already married though?

Open marriage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

VanSandman posted:

I'm pretty sure he literally did that when he was King of the Dome so I'd be surprised if he stopped

• Locked thread