Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Got some people to ragequit too. Used a shottie, saw the group switch to shottie, won my 1v2s, got em to quit after a breaker :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I like how they countered a shotgun with other shotguns, that was obviously the wisest possible tactical decision to make.

Where's that wokeness progression image edit when you need it

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I played Destiny last month and underwent Meiosis.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I bet that cool asterisk shaped ship from the trailers ends up being the raid emblem, ever since crota it feels like every raid/baddie needed a symbol of some kind

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

limaCAT posted:

I played Destiny last month and underwent Meiosis.

Congratulations on your sexhaving

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Emron posted:

I bet that cool asterisk shaped ship from the trailers ends up being the raid emblem, ever since crota it feels like every raid/baddie needed a symbol of some kind

The Traveller's sex harness? Likely. Traveller has always been a bottom but now has gone full gimp.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

And we get to be Bruce Willis.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

el B posted:

The fifth element is four loko

did you do it again? Did I miss it?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Menstrual Show posted:

did you do it again? Did I miss it?

Turn on notifications in twitch! It'll let you know when I go live. Also don't forget to follow me on Twitter so you'll never miss a "5th Element" trials carry!

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
*Hot coder wife sticks hand down pants*

"Not now honey, pooom just went live"

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I only watch 4loko streams

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

the good fax machine posted:

*Hot coder wife sticks hand down pants*

"Not now honey, pooom just went live"

She must have seen my collateral :grin:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

el B posted:

She must have seen my collateral :grin:

:vince:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
So I found a literal god roll Devil You Know in my vault that I had forgotten about. Truesight, Icarus, Rifled, Rangefinder. I had written it off since even with Rifled the range caps out at 49, compared to a rifled Pali at 62. Learned a few things

1) the dumptruck sized amount of AA the DYK has over the Pali (81 vs 70) makes up the difference IMHO assuming the Pali has the same roll. While I do see damage drop off sooner its at ranges I shouldn't be having any primary battle at and DYK with RF is WAY WAY WAY more consistent than a Pali with the same roll.

2) RF is just loving stupid on Handcannons of this caliber. I think if the community (non sweat, the sweat lords already know this) had more seat time with RF Rifled HC's before bungie announced no more updates they'd realize its basically Shot Package in a primary weapon and would be getting the nerf bat.

This isn't an exciting gif but its showing where the fall off is starting to hit and it still does 201 damage via 3 crits I hit easily at a range I'd rather be using a solid SB pulse rifle at.

http://i.imgur.com/6j9CXSz.gifv

This thing legit feels like a year 1 hand cannon

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Waffle House posted:

necroquoting because I am a loresperg so gently caress w/e:

"AI Rampancy" is a classic Bungie theme that we've seen in most of their releases. Effectively, a machine of AI scale will 'think itself' to death as it burns through its inherently limited physical resources, consciousness tries to expand as it would in nature, but even the massive physical resources we as humans would give to it are too limited. Marathon's Duranadal AI explored some of the pitfalls of this, and we also saw Cortana do the same in the later Halo series. The only 'workaround' to this physical resource limitation would be to expand your hardware, AFAIK.

You know how the Vex have a habit of building planet-sized computers? Sounds like they found a novel way to escape resource constraints, which may partially explain why each individual Vex is more of a utility object than an individual.

It sounds like the Final Shape of the Vex is to be computationally isomorphic with time and space vs. Oryx who wants to rewrite natural law of the universe, to avoid limitations both physical and ontological, i.e. ascend the physical plane and become space and time itself, thus avoid the heat death of the universe or w/e. Assuming big-bang-esque universal origin, Godhood seems limited only by being subject to that final collapse.

I like the lore stuff and since I'm not a smooth-brain like wrecks, I enjoy the lore posts. Btw, I loved the old AI rampancy back in the Marathon days. I miss that game, and only play every now and again on my iPad with the free ports someone did of all three games.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Adregan posted:

I like the lore stuff... since I'm... a smooth-brain... I...am... ga...y

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Really hope this Flashpoint thing is going to scratch that Fire Fight itch.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

sunday at work posted:

Really hope this Flashpoint thing is going to scratch that Fire Fight itch.

I'm fairly kinda sure it'll work like the quarantine missions in the plaguelands

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, the only way a firefight mode is going to be satisfying long-term is if it's a structured game mode, and not something you just approach on patrol. There has to be scoring and distinct rounds, and just maybe we shouldn't be isolated in the same space every single time? If there's only one thing I've gotten from PoE, it's that there needs to be some diversity with the scenery. Prison of Elders was fuckin tedious, and for me at least that could've been partially remedied by changes in geometry/scenery. Just use the pvp maps ffs. Isn't that what Reach did?

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

What's a firefight mode?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

the good fax machine posted:

Yeah, the only way a firefight mode is going to be satisfying long-term is if it's a structured game mode, and not something you just approach on patrol. There has to be scoring and distinct rounds, and just maybe we shouldn't be isolated in the same space every single time? If there's only one thing I've gotten from PoE, it's that there needs to be some diversity with the scenery. Prison of Elders was fuckin tedious, and for me at least that could've been partially remedied by changes in geometry/scenery. Just use the pvp maps ffs. Isn't that what Reach did?

Reach had firefight-tweaked copies of setpieces from the campaign, and it also had a way more elaborate scoring and round system.

(The pvp maps were also tweaked setpieces from the campaign, but different ones.)

Menstrual Show posted:

What's a firefight mode?

What Bungie first called a horde/survival mode in Halo ODST.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jun 18, 2017

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
How is hammer forged as a perk?

I got a true sight, high cal, hammer forged, rangefinder New Monarchy HC, it works fine in non sweat matches but I'm curious as to the range loss versus things like rifled.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/HuEM0fW.gifv

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It's beautiful.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

:five:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yes. Cracking open some loot caches with the boys. Lots of my friends list has fallen off the Division wagon, but it took a lot of playtime for them to get to that point.

But to my utter amazement I'm having a ball with the last stand DLC, which is 8v8 zone control pvp with subtle base building and PvE elements. I hate the DZ pvp but there's something about last stand that's just different enough that it's really fun. Maybe it's mental.

I have a feeling a xim user could dominate last stand.

I tried using the XIM for division and it was REALLY lovely. I always used a controller

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

:911:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Lol

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

:vince:

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

:boom:

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
:master:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

cvnvcnv posted:

80s gay is a lot sexier than contemporary gay tho. Hunks with thick juicy hogs top, pajama boy twinks bottom.

This is the 4th element.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
If any of you have NOt seen Grimsby (The Brothers Grimsby in the US) do yourself a favor and watch it immediately lmao

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

:holymoley:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

:perfect:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

:bisonyes:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

CheeseFactory posted:

I tried using the XIM for division and it was REALLY lovely. I always used a controller

I remember you saying you prefer your 3ps on controller. I usually do too. But xim is way easier for me to handle abilities.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

el B posted:

I remember you saying you prefer your 3ps on controller. I usually do too. But xim is way easier for me to handle abilities.

If it works for you more power to you. The aiming felt kinda floaty for me though. Maybe they released a better smart translator since then?