Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

Not sure if this has been posted but uh...

How much time was spent on that violin cleavage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Causation or Correlation?
I got sick of scrolling through all kinds of lovely "Trump's tweets!" cartoons, so in a fit of inspiration, I made this:

:nws::nms:Apologies to Tom of Finland:nms::nws:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Subjunctivitis posted:

I got sick of scrolling through all kinds of lovely "Trump's tweets!" cartoons, so in a fit of inspiration, I made this:

ah, the Garrison Private Collection

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Subjunctivitis posted:

I just returned to the thread after a reading hiatus. This is one of the first things I've seen in these trying times.

Thank you. :magical:

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Subjunctivitis posted:

:magical:
It's full of stars.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

LtStorm posted:

I just returned to the thread after a reading hiatus. This is one of the first things I've seen in these trying times.

Thank you. :magical:

Not an emptyquote, but same here.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
May Pants-Grab Donkey guide our way through this endless night.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

It's horrifying but I just... can't... stop... watching....

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Subjunctivitis posted:

Well, U'll be, woulda lookit that.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I can't believe I am saying this but geese are birds and can fly high up in the sky over walls and stuff.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Okay but. He's a duck. And that's a goose. And they're roughly the same size. Is the goose also sapient? Does it have a job? Is this waterfowl racism and ducks believe they are the master race? Is the goose an evil Canadian liberal, trying to push such radical concepts as "universal health care" and "gay marriage" and therefore must be kept out with a wall along a border that's 8891 km long and also goes down the middle of the great lakes? I have questions.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Canada geese are delicious and should be allowed into the country so rednecks like me can continue shooting them

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Angepain posted:

[a brief snatch of audible tape grind]

The worst ever Calvin and Hobbes from Chicago
were a couple of guys, who'd been hacks since art school.
One was named Eric, and the other was Scott.
They'd write two jokes a month next to Garfield.

The worst ever Calvin and Hobbes from Chicago
never settled who to blame.
But the top two contenders, after weeks of debate,
were both sides, for calling guys names, or those liberal morons.

Scott and Eric believed in their hearts they were headed
for merch deals and T-shirts, and fortune and fame,
so in scripts that were bashed out three weeks in advance,
they wrote the first poo poo that popped into their brains -

this was how Carmen got sent to the void
where for weeks she said nothing of substance.
And this was how when
they finally read the drat thing
the editors said, "let's not print this".

When they cancel this comic for being so dull
that it's not worth the paper it's wrote on,
the worst ever Calvin and Hobbes from Chicago
will in time be remembered by noone.

Yes, both sides!
Yes, both sides are bad!
Yes, both sides!
Both sides.

Thank you for this.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

I can't believe I am saying this but geese are birds and can fly high up in the sky over walls and stuff.

Oh? Geese can fly? Then why the hell do they insist on walking single file (at a glacial pace) across the only road out of my neighborhood, blocking traffic? Someone outta make a cartoon about that.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

whomupclicklike posted:

Canada geese are delicious and should be allowed into the country so rednecks like me can continue shooting them
Please go to Seattle and shoot them all but I dunno if there is enough ammo in the world to do it.

Mantis42 posted:

Oh? Geese can fly? Then why the hell do they insist on walking single file (at a glacial pace) across the only road out of my neighborhood, blocking traffic? Someone outta make a cartoon about that.
To make trouble for humans because they are our nemesis.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Lurdiak posted:

I'm going to need the accompanying 3 pages of rambling nonsense from Zyklon to figure this one out.

From what I could gather:

Jones secretly recorded a conversation with him and Megyn Kelley before the interview, where she was promising it would be a fair interview and there wouldn't be a bunch of Gotcha questions.
If the interview airs, which he doesn't want to happen now for whatever reason, he'll release the rest of the recordings that :airquote:prove:airquote: Megyn was just out to make him look bad.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"Aha, but you see, this interview might make me look bad... but I asked her beforehand NOT to! Checkmate!"

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

I hate to say it, but I agree with that message.
As communication and transportation and political or economical entanglements grow, the world becomes a smaller place. Trying to find hard fronts between the people of different tribes may be a evolutionary urge, but it becomes more and more meaningless, since the world will grow closer.

That being said, this is a Prickly City so the intended way to read it is probably "Liberal Dingo is wrong, but thinks he's right. Eventually he loses, but still thinks he's right."

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Dude, you were the one who started with 'being gay isn't natural'.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Republicans posted:

I really don't get how Alex Jones showing the world how Megyn Kelly tricked him into an interview is some huge own against Megyn Kelly.
I'd think by now people itt would know that most of Garrison's toons are imagining reality the way he (and his commissioners) would like it.

Trapezium Dave posted:

What is it about FEMA that caused it of all things to form these conspiracies?
The guy who was put in charge of it in the 1980s believed in race war prophecies and wanted to set the agency's priorities accordingly. The Attorney General heard about this and sent him a memo telling him that he was out of line. They're both long gone but a lot of wingnuts are still hearing about this and assuming that white people were/are the targets.

The exact crossover seems to have occurred in The Spotlight, which back then was right-wing newsletter #1 and broke the story on behalf of sources within the government. But being The Spotlight, they left out the part about the Director's racial beliefs and reported that the Jewz were were behind it all.

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jun 18, 2017

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ever since it was pointed out to me I can't not notice, when looking at Garrison's art, how poorly everything fits together. Like that "Trump closing leaks" one from a while back; the most obvious part was the weird eagle head of the wrench and its handle not aligning at all, but then you keep looking and you notice the hands aren't gripping it right, his arms are in weird positions and one has to be really tiny, his chest and head aren't in proportion to each other, and so on. To paraphrase what someone said, despite this thread giving him credit Garrison is not a good artist; while he can draw each individual part of a piece well enough, he can't actually fit them together at all, and if you give anything by him more than a cursory inspection you quickly notice how loving weird and nightmarish his creations actually are.

I mean, even after you look past horrors like that Megyn Kelly violin in his latest piece, though it's pretty awful when looking at the above as well.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

cant cook creole bream posted:

As communication and transportation and political or economical entanglements grow, the world becomes a smaller place. Trying to find hard fronts between the people of different tribes may be a evolutionary urge, but it becomes more and more meaningless, since the world will grow closer.

That being said, this is a Prickly City so the intended way to read it is probably "Liberal Dingo is wrong, but thinks he's right. Eventually he loses, but still thinks he's right."
It's really a more straight presentation of the former idea, but totally and hypocritically ignoring Prickly City's own part in the dogmatic shouting match. Stantis is trying to pretend he's so loving above it after months of drawing Clinton as a raving lunatic that hates everyone on a personal level.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

cant cook creole bream posted:

Pretty sure the intended message is

"I have just enough basic human decency to know that Trump and his cronies are poo poo eating evil, but I am absolutely incapable of reconciling that with the fact that he represents the beliefs and viewpoints of the vast majority of the conservative base. Rather than do any sort of self-reflection about the political ideology I claim to believe in and the reality of what it actually stands for, I instead console myself with the mantra that Both Sides are Equally Bad so that I can live in the comforting delusion that I am somehow above it all and not somehow a willing participant in it."

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Jon Arbuckle?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

If you're an american today's Zelda is not work safe (but if you're a scandinavian it probably isn't): http://imgur.com/R1ARWDU

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Subjunctivitis posted:

ok this is a hell of thing to wake up to on a sunday morning :eyepop:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

A Golden Axe Cartoon.

Alhazred posted:

If you're an american today's Zelda is not work safe (but if you're a scandinavian it probably isn't): http://imgur.com/R1ARWDU

1) It's Sunday, so if you're at work claim your religion involves cartoons of naked women.

2) Add an NMS tag to that, would you, the Scandinavian Migratory Nipple is freaking me out.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Subjunctivitis posted:

Stop demonizing gay sex!
:barf:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

gently caress him. How many "but why aren't we having more wars" cartoons did he draw in 2014 calling Obama-bunny a pussy for not carpet bombing the Middle East

E:

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Jun 18, 2017

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Grenfell Tower: a tragedy waiting to happen? – David Simonds on the terrible Kensington fire"

Sunday Telegraph:

Sunday Times:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
that osborne haha

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

Lustful Man Hugs posted:

Not sure if this has been posted but uh...

Yes, but what does John Ritter have to do with Alex Jones?

We're living in the Problem Child sequel-universe, where the kid is all grown up and has become president, aren't we? :psyduck:

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Samurai Sanders posted:

How many murderers defend themselves by saying it's because they're just an animal and it's natural?

Mickey Knox from Natural Born Killers. Who is fictional. That's about it that I can think of.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

54.4 crowns
Apr 7, 2011

To think before you speak is like wiping your arse before you shit.

Having seen scores of "Race Realists",Nazis and other very dim people using the hippie "natural fallacy" time and time again...Im just way behind this one.

But...ehm...we are animal.

54.4 crowns fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Jun 18, 2017

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The stupidest thing about the animal cartoon is that is doesn't even hold up under its own logic as animals rarely kill members of their own species.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

The stupidest thing about the animal cartoon is that is doesn't even hold up under its own logic as animals rarely kill members of their own species.

Uh, I wouldn't go that far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Hunt11 posted:

Chimps are known wage war against each others until one group is wiped out.
Male lions who take over a pride kills every cub that the rival sired (so does dolphins).
Sharks kill their siblings while they're still in the womb.
A lot of animals die when they fight each other over a female animal.
Territorial animals (like wolves) will kill rivals that enters their territory.

• Locked thread