Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The vanilla fiesta mod does nothing besides unlocking all jobs early, which someone doing any kind of chaos run should be perfectly ok with. :shrug: Well, it also makes Neo Exdeath a lot cooler, but that's it.

I mean I understand the appeal of an unmodded experience, but the Fiesta is already a kind of mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Having four chemists early on isn't exactly all that great anyway

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I've got 4 black mages, I ain't exactly doing backflips. I wiped to those flying cats in the mountain.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Has The Run finished yet? Just wondering if we can start our runs yet. Still prepping my Basch for wind.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Has The Run finished yet? Just wondering if we can start our runs yet. Still prepping my Basch for wind.

yeah it ended and you may now run your maybe 4 zerks. Enjoy

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

I did Chaos Berserker Risk and all I got was this lousy Chemist. I wasn't expecting to have to read, just 60 hours of axing! :black101:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rirse posted:

Not going to job fair zerker, but could I give them the Ninja's double weapon for twice the doom axe?

7 Death Sickles or bust.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMJxVJxNTQY

Also Dragoon/BER/SER/KER so pray for me.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Got some Beastmaster in my chaos risk. Oh god I have to play til the water crystal to get something other than freelancer.

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

Starting my Chaos Risk with a Ninja! Gonna be dual wielding death sickles for the whole game.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Hello, I have added the Balance+Fiesta patch for those of you who were interested in it! You can pick it up here. I've also updated the readme with the link so you don't have to bookmark this post!

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
Team Punch a butt beats up Garula with little effort. Step outside the tower, and no lie run into like 6 battles with more Garulas.

EDIT: Also got a time mage so that's neat

Classtoise fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jun 18, 2017

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Can Of Worms posted:

Hello, I have added the Balance+Fiesta patch for those of you who were interested in it! You can pick it up here. I've also updated the readme with the link so you don't have to bookmark this post!

Has the base Fiesta mod been updated to include Mime unlocked?

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Huzzah! posted:

Has the base Fiesta mod been updated to include Mime unlocked?
I checked both patches and that seems to be the case for both!

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
poo poo, completely forgot that this thing was going on today (well, yesterday now). I've still been distracted with my shiny new PS4. Don't know how many runs I'll get through this year (probably won't make my usual count of 7+), but we'll see.

First job in my Normalrisk Fifth Job run is Knight. Really hoping I don't get Ranger or Bard for my Fire job because I've done Byblos with only Knights and Zerks before and that was unpleasant.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Can Of Worms posted:

I checked both patches and that seems to be the case for both!

yeah, im still rocking an old one so Ill be sure to update when I start pure chaos runs. Thanks.

Look Sharp!
Mar 24, 2013
I tweeted and donated (first time!) for a reroll. How are donations confirmed and associated with my twitter profile? I linked my job fair tweet in my donation just in case.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Well, Final Fantasy XIV making GBS threads itself means that I can get started on this.

I'M CAPTAIN BASCH :v:

EDIT: Black mage for my first jawb.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Final Team, Monk Triple Zerker Or as I call it Quad-Zerker Jr. The kid's meal to Quad-Zerker.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Finally, a Berserker to get that horrible Chemist taste out of my mouth. I got your medicine right here :black101:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
So in a Pure Chaos run, if one of your crystals comes up Mime do you just run three jobs until World 3?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Mr. Maltose posted:

So in a Pure Chaos run, if one of your crystals comes up Mime do you just run three jobs until World 3?

Unless you're running Fiesta mod, yeah.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Unpopular choices in version and protagonist go!

I am always torn between Mobile and GBA, so I decided based on my first job: it's Black Mage, so I don't need the mod, and Berserkers which I'm guaranteed to have are just strictly better on Mobile. Hyped as always!

EDIT: Whoops, my new phone has a WAY higher resolution than the old one...

Simply Simon fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jun 18, 2017

GatewayOfLastResort
Oct 11, 2007

I'm saving up such a laugh.
Got a monk and three zerks, I am job fairing the hell out of two of the zerks and feel no shame. That run would have been boring and annoying.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
poo poo, my fire job IS Bard. On the one hand, Bard is awesome, gently caress yeah Bard. But this means doing Byblos with three Knights and a Zerk, that that's horrible, no-good, and very bad.

:negative:

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Finally beat sandworm with 3 Geo's(and a dead zerker), poking for just over 100 damage a hit with pointy knives and no real healing.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

I'm playing with the Fiesta mod and got samurai as my first job. Is there a place to get knives/daggers anywhere (besides Lenna's and Faris's starting gear), or am I stuck with two charachters punching for now?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Skeletons in the Ship Graveyard drop Daggers, I don't think there's any earlier option sadly.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Then Mythril Knives at Karnak. The Skeleton Daggers there are good, though, I picked up a ton with Freelancer.

Anyway, got my "second" Berserker at the fire crystal. Man the Karnak 500 is easy when you have to grind Liquid Flame :lol:

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
Welp, Byblos went better than I expected, only a couple of deaths. And about 2 or 3 dozen resets, every time he dropped Protect after only 1-3 hits on him. And my winning attempt did see me dropping 3 Elixirs.

Zerk actually ended up being the biggest help due to Two-Handed Mythril Hammer bashing him for almost 1000 damage (on high rolls anyway) every time he actually managed to hit. Byblos is still a fucker regardless.

I should probably leave out the part where I worked out my frustrations after getting the legit win by abusing savestates to engineer a rematch with the RNG skewed in my favor, where I killed him in 3 turns by landing every attack and him not firing off any counters. May have been petty but it sure was cathartic!

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Look Sharp! posted:

I tweeted and donated (first time!) for a reroll. How are donations confirmed and associated with my twitter profile? I linked my job fair tweet in my donation just in case.

RK manually goes through Job Fair tweets, so the new class might take a while to show up. I don't believe you get an actual Twitter notification either. Just keep periodically checking your player page.

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

Got ninja and three berserkers. I steamrolled my way through world 1. Grinding Ricard Mages in Walse Tower to get everyone dual wield before getting any berserkers probably helped. :v:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Samurai and 3 Zerks. World 1 was an exercise in making it rain. World 2 was an exercise in plowing through random battles with four killdozers (that sometimes made things worse, instead, oops Death Sickle procs on Reflect Knights.)

World 3 is an exercise in "where's the best place to grind with three people who are too angry to take down an iron giant safely". There's no way I'm doing NED at Lv33ish, I need to get more levels. And maybe elixirs.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
Got my last job! My team is Knight/Berserker/Bard/Dragoon. The last one is my favorite job (aesthetically anyway) and I have almost never been more disappointed to see it this time (the only time that's worse is the run last year where I got two of them in one run, after having gotten one for my first job on the previous run. Oh, and then I got assigned DRG as my first job for the run after that, making it three straight runs where they were the first. You better believe I JF"d the second one on that middle run and the first one on that last run).

This is going to be a horribly slow run. But I am on Fifth Job so that last one will get replaced after a while. Kind of a shame though, with Dragoon and Bard both I could've damage raced Shinryu.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Heads up for anyone starting out on the Mobile version: do yourself a favor and grind for 10 minutes after getting the Wind Crystal to give everyone Thief Level 3 (60 AP, fourth floor of the shrine has 2 AP in the three Mani Wizard encounter). It's against the Fiesta rules, yes, but it is SINCERELY painful to play without Sprint. You move with it active at basically normal, tolerable speed. It's a toggle, you see, not a held button.

It also extends to airships and such. Trust me, you want Sprint. Just never use !Flee and everything should be within the Fiesta spirit!

DirkDonkeyroot
Feb 25, 2007
So I got for first run.

Black mage
White mage
Beastlord
Summoner

It's like the game just put on a short skirt and went for a walk through Paris.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Rudicron posted:

Very well.
Inspired by Dragondarch's level-matching Goblin Punch shenanigans, one of my own FF5 memories, and the current hypothesis that #regpopular is weighted toward blue mages;

I pledge $5 for each Galuf who hits Exdeath with a level-matched Goblin Punch, to a maximum of $100 (for I am unfortunately not inordinately wealthy).

After all, what better way to protect your granddaughter from a tree demon, than with a magically enhanced punch to the face?

Quoting this for my reference. Might want to add this to the OP as well.

This Exdeath is level 63.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's fun steamrolling Wind Bosses as Red Mage.

Second job is...Dancer. Well, this will certainly be an interesting run! Might get some good strategies and challenges out of this crew.

Sushi Face
Oct 11, 2006

Tastes like funk
Ranger (who I've never had before) followed by Berserker. I feel quite happy with this combo so far!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Red Mage / Dancer / White Mage

Dualcast Holy + Ribbon exploit... r.i.p. NED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Today I started playing FFV for the first time, and gosh, it's really charming so far! Simple plot, but effective.

I've got currently: two knights, two mystic knights. After having to backtrack through the entire fire ship dungeon to buy spells for my mystic knights, I then wrecked the fire boss and now there's a timed segment - but I've saved to get some sleep.

Game is fun! I never would've ever played it without this challenge / SA bringing the challenge to my attention, so - thanks, guys! It's a good time. :3:

ps. My dude is named Basch, because of Ondore's Lies.

• Locked thread