Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

harperdc posted:

that was also with the #2 in something of a cruise mode.

who knows. just can watch and find out.

wouldn't mind the #38 winning seeing as it's basically JOTA Sport by another name running that team!

And that other name is "Jackie Chan."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
That penalty fucks the 13 now , ouch

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

orange juche posted:

Oh man if an lmp2 wins outright the ACO is going to cripple lmp2 for next year to prevent this from ever happening again.

considering the lmp2 would be winning purely through attrition i dunno how they'd prevent that

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

financially racist posted:

considering the lmp2 would be winning purely through attrition i dunno how they'd prevent that

They'll find a way. Just write a rule that says the last lmp1 to break down is the overall winner or some poo poo.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

#2 please gently caress up/break

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

#1 has officially retired

2 LMP1s remain.

jacteh
Jul 10, 2007

harperdc posted:

and RLM's Truswell was saying this stint the average difference was 11 seconds, which is what's needed for the #2 to overhaul the #38, most likely right at the end.

BUCKLE UP, BOYS AND GIRLS, THIS IS GONNA BE A WILD FINISH

Looks like the extra stops that the #38 will have to do over the #2 will be the difference. So far #38 has done 33, #2 has done 25.

#2 should win, but it will have to run clean to the flag.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Did Truswell really just say that #2 got 10 secs on #38 in one sector? Holy crap

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Literally everyone I listen to has a different answer for whether the #2 will catch the #38.

jacteh
Jul 10, 2007

geonetix posted:

Did Truswell really just say that #2 got 10 secs on #38 in one sector? Holy crap

Currently lapping 9-11s faster, depending on traffic.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

wicka posted:

Literally everyone I listen to has a different answer for whether the #2 will catch the #38.

assuming an average of 3 minutes 45 seconds per lap (w/pit stops) over 180 minutes remaining, that'd be 48 laps. average of 10 second gain per lap for 48 laps means 480 seconds, or 8 minutes

it is gonna be real close

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

jacteh posted:

Currently lapping 9-11s faster, depending on traffic.

A couple laps ago it was only 8 seconds. Doesn't seem like that's good enough.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
"Maybe Porsche will settle for the WEC points"

Eh no, this is LeMans, if the #2 blows up it will be going full chat to get the win

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005
Long stop for the #38, changing the rear clip because the lights aren't on

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

They blew it with that rear clip replacement, I think.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

wicka posted:

depends, a safety car would negate that as would several slow zones

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Xisticide posted:

Long stop for the #38, changing the rear clip because the lights aren't on

That was a known issue but the result is they've dropped another minute to the #2 Porsche.

And let's see if the Porsche survives. What a test.

jacteh
Jul 10, 2007

wicka posted:

It certainly didn't help but I think the extra couple stops would have killed them anyway.

They need a few safety cars. Where are the ferraris?

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

jacteh posted:

It certainly didn't help but I think the extra couple stops would have killed them anyway.

They need a few safety cars. Where are the ferraris?

Well Nelson just got into the Rebellion...

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Weren't the ferraris taken out by lmp2's in the beginning of the race? In any case we have 2h40 left of potential chaos.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
#13 down to 4th now

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
I really hope a LMP2 wins overall

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
I was hoping for a Toyota win but I'll settle for a Jackie Chan win.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The logo of Rubens' team is a clear ripoff of Minardi.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
The gently caress was that move?

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005
Nelson "safety car on demand" Piquet

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
The discord info is in the F1 thread first page.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
This race is completely bonkers. I've been awake since 8am yesterday (ok with some help from mr adderall--yay ADD) and I've had several bottles of rosé, plus following the action is always tougher at the track even with the little free RLM radios. But the fact that a P2 car might well win overall is brilliant, moreso because Olly Jarvis is in that car.

If you love motorsport (and you do if you read this thread) you have to do it at least once. When I get back I will post a list of essentials that one can easily bring over from the US as luggage should they wish to camp and not spend a fortune.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

drgitlin posted:

This race is completely bonkers. I've been awake since 8am yesterday (ok with some help from mr adderall--yay ADD) and I've had several bottles of rosé, plus following the action is always tougher at the track even with the little free RLM radios. But the fact that a P2 car might well win overall is brilliant, moreso because Olly Jarvis is in that car.

If you love motorsport (and you do if you read this thread) you have to do it at least once. When I get back I will post a list of essentials that one can easily bring over from the US as luggage should they wish to camp and not spend a fortune.

Oh hi stranger. I saw on Instagram your boozing was going well.

Slight derail: I was looking for a Dirt 4 review last week and yours was the first that popped up online

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Hi, I went to sleep with about 8 hours left, can someone catch me up HOLY gently caress WHY IS A JACKIE CHAN CAR IN THE LEAD

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Basticle posted:

Hi, I went to sleep with about 8 hours left, can someone catch me up HOLY gently caress WHY IS A JACKIE CHAN CAR IN THE LEAD

Same here. What the heck is going on and why is it Jackie Chan?

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Basticle posted:

#1 Porsche committed seppuku by deciding it didn't need to feed its engine any oil.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

whaaaaaaat http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/cyberattacks-kept-taking-out-the-official-24-hours-of-l-1796199474

jacteh
Jul 10, 2007
Hare and Tortoise update:
1:40 to go - about 29 laps
The lead is 131s
#2 needs to gain 4.5s each lap to win, which they should do comfortably.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Brainwrong posted:

Oh hi stranger. I saw on Instagram your boozing was going well.

Slight derail: I was looking for a Dirt 4 review last week and yours was the first that popped up online

I had to stop post-cider bottle (which was only 3%) as I had to be able to drive at 11am (some of us booked a helicopter tour of the track as a treat). Now that's done I am making a good faith effort to finish the rosé we picked up 4CHEAP at a cave on the way up.

Apologies if I'm posting like a prick, but this race is my happy place and I think would be many of yours too.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Brainwrong posted:

Same here. What the heck is going on and why is it Jackie Chan?

Porsche and Toyota have each lost cars to retirement, the 7 Toyota lost its clutch and couldn't get back; the 9 Toyota list a tire after the 7's caution; the 8 Toyota fell down a couple hours early with a hybrid motor problem. The 2 Porsche lost an hour with the same.

This left the 1 Porsche out front with a 13 lap lead. And then, the oil pressure was gone, and the hybrid electric couldn't drag it around. Leader out.

Meanwhile, the legion of LMP2s just kept going. Jackie Chan DC Racing (operated by former Le Mans P2 winners Jota Sport) jumped up near the front of that queue by keeping its nose clean. And when troubles hit another P2 leader, both Rebellions 13 and 31, it jumped to 2nd and inherited the lead after the 1 Porsche died.

And now the 2 Porsche is trying to chase it down for the overall win.

What a race.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

HAIL SATAN :twisted:

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Gap is now 1.22

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

https://twitter.com/IMSA/status/876377004295245828

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kimi "LEAVE ME ALONE" shoutout on Fox.

• Locked thread