Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Soothing Vapors posted:

I hear good things about John Wick, but I'm boycotting it because I won't support a scientologist

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Entropic posted:

I do kinda want to see how Brian Fuller would do the Wendigo.

Didn't he already do the wendigo in Hannibal?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

AFewBricksShy posted:

Didn't he already do the wendigo in Hannibal?

Yeah but it's sort of a running gag now to see how many characters and story elements Fuller can reuse across shows.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I hope Gretchen from Wonderfalls shows up here, too, to tie that show and Hannibal to this one.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Eventually when Fuller gets the rights to Sandman, I'd like to see him work every original character he's ever made into random episodes

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Alternatively, they could try and tie in some of the Wonderfalls god stuff, since that'd fit pretty well. Alex Rice (Deanna from Totem Mole) is still acting, and probably available.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

hangedman1984 posted:

Cabbage-head, The "I'm-squishing-your-head" guy, Buddy Cole, Chicken Lady, Simon and his manservant Hecubus. Any big ones I'm forgetting?

Daryl and The It's a Fact girl, obviously the Canadian god of knowledge.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Cathy and Kathy could be some kind of weird Greek chorus. Or maybe Rudy and the whores, I dunno

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

How would they work in the Thirty Helens? a Hydra monster maybe?

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Damnit, now I've got the urge to re-watch all of Kids in the Hall.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

There are much, much worse ways to spend your time than rewatching Kids in the Hall

Dammit, I'm so bummed this show and Better Call Saul are both ending this week. Gonna have to find something to fill my couch time between now and Game of Thrones

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Crow Jane posted:

There are much, much worse ways to spend your time than rewatching Kids in the Hall

Dammit, I'm so bummed this show and Better Call Saul are both ending this week. Gonna have to find something to fill my couch time between now and Game of Thrones

IMO watch Fargo

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

vermin posted:

IMO watch Fargo

Yeah, between that and The Handmaid' s Tale it's probably time to pop my Hulu cherry

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

Yeah, between that and The Handmaid' s Tale it's probably time to pop my Hulu cherry

Been meaning to watch Handmaid's Tale, but drat I know its gonna be depressing. Been waiting til I could get in a proper headspace.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I keep getting The Handmaid's Tale mixed up with the Handmaiden (which people should watch, 'cause it's real good)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Knorth posted:

the Handmaiden (which people should watch, 'cause it's real good)

Seconded, very good, and cinematically gorgeous.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

If we're doing recommendations, A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night is a gorgeous and very strange movie that fans of this show will probably like a whole lot. Last I checked it was on Netflix

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

vermin posted:

Currently writing a Canadian drama called True North. It's like Fargo meets Red Green

Just do a gritty Due South Remake.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

The_Doctor posted:

Thirded, very good, and cinematically gorgeous.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Anyone who enjoys AG that hasn't watched Hannibal is a crazy person.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

hangedman1984 posted:

Been meaning to watch Handmaid's Tale, but drat I know its gonna be depressing. Been waiting til I could get in a proper headspace.

Yeah, it's pretty rough. Like, it's really well made and compelling, but goddamn it's kind of hard to actually muster up the motivation to go watch another episode.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Lacey posted:

Wendigo is scary and cool but Ogopogo is lame and probably also trapped in the Okanagan valley.

The Blowjob Fairy #canadiangods
Ogopog is a loving-PLESIOSAUR!

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Crow Jane posted:

If we're doing recommendations, A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night is a gorgeous and very strange movie that fans of this show will probably like a whole lot. Last I checked it was on Netflix

That movie owns

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Gonna be a long wait 'til next season.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Wait, is this only going to be an 8 episode season? That'd be a shame but I guess I'm glad they've been renewed already, I think

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Finale hit me like:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Knorth posted:

Wait, is this only going to be an 8 episode season? That'd be a shame but I guess I'm glad they've been renewed already, I think

Yep, and yes it has.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Genocyber posted:

I mean it's kind of both. Belief gives power and shape to the gods, so whatever people believe about them is what they do and are.

Finally, an American TV show that vindicates Juche.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Jesus.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Vaginebula is a good word.

Next season can't get here soon enough.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Episode 8 is the finale!?! Noooooo!

I want more!

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

I will never look at Groot the same way again

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Ended on the best note I guess, though I'd honestly have wanted to see more than just what we got in the final few minutes. Probably because so much of the episode was exposition.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

30 minutes in to this chapter. That was a very VERY sexy scene for Bilquis, and then everything turned sad. I'm not gonna lie that I got a bit teary when she watched the temple being torn down by ISIS (that whole incident made me angry back when it happened,I just dislike seeing ancient buildings, temples and even churches, and art in general being destroyed). Now Ostara that's how I imagined her, just a bit little more chubby, but I won't complain about that. About Jesus, I couldn't stop giggling at all of them, and how bad and guilty they were feeling when Wednesday said they had stolen Ostara's prayers.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Luckily he used his main super power after getting gunned down by Vulcan's followers

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

The House on the Rock! gently caress hell yes!! :woop:

Nobby
Sep 10, 2006

Everyone cries when they're stabbed. There's no shame in that.

Desperado Bones posted:

I'm not gonna lie that I got a bit teary when she watched the temple being torn down by ISIS (that whole incident made me angry back when it happened,I just dislike seeing ancient buildings, temples and even churches, and art in general being destroyed).

I thought that was the Iranian Revolution. The woman who brought her was reading a Farsi-English dictionary on the plane.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Nobby posted:

I thought that was the Iranian Revolution. The woman who brought her was reading a Farsi-English dictionary on the plane.

The iranian revolution happened in the 70s and then news footage of Yemen happened in 2013.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Nobby posted:

I thought that was the Iranian Revolution.

I was still half-sleep while having my coffee, but I had to check out She leaves in the late 70's, taken to America by the girl she met at the disco, the girl that later died. The scene I'm talking about is supposed to be happening in the 2013, yet the whole let's destroy ancient stuff started to happen in 2014-2015, so I guess the show is trying not to use to many real life events? my apologies in advance if my history/politics happenings knowledge is a bit off or wrong. :downs::coffee:

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The iranian revolution happened in the 70s and then news footage of Yemen happened in 2013.
Yes, this, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Another episode of Mad Sweeney getting owned