Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I'd wait to see if they recolor Boreas to not look stupid. At worst, you'll get it on sale six months from now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ka0 posted:

I love a good Hot Rod. That Calidus figure is my jam. Question: is MMC's Boreas any good? My only IDW bots are the maketoys Swerve and Tailgate they released years ago.

And Springer, right? Tell me you've got a Springer.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Well yeah but it's the TTomy Springer, the first legends one, although I'm considering selling him to get Irish Heritage Springer.
I supose deluxe Skids also counts as IDW-ready, and maybe leader class Ultra Magnus.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

drrockso20 posted:

Well was looking at EBay and found someone selling a Platinum AOE Dinobots set for literally 99 cents with free shipping, I figure they must have made a goof when making the listing, so I'm going to take a risk even though I normally avoid listings that are international in origin

Just to be clear there's no way I can actually be scammed here, worst case scenario I only lose out on a dollar because they end up refusing to sell it to me right?
In the case of mispriced listings like that generally people will refund the sale and cancel the order. I had a similar thing once and someone tried to be a dick about it and I was like "dude if you want to give me a negative go ahead but I'm not going to send you this 50 dollar thing for 50 cents shipped because I made one mistake in a hundred listings"

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Captain Invictus posted:

In the case of mispriced listings like that generally people will refund the sale and cancel the order. I had a similar thing once and someone tried to be a dick about it and I was like "dude if you want to give me a negative go ahead but I'm not going to send you this 50 dollar thing for 50 cents shipped because I made one mistake in a hundred listings"

I ended up being outbid anyways(not by a lot at all, but you guys made a good point so I'm using it as an excuse to drop out of it before things end up messy), so I'll probably just try for one of the slightly more expensive but still a good bargain sets I also saw on EBay

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

TheDK posted:

Can't speak for Boreas but his mold brother from another mother aka DEATHSHEAD aka Anubis is pretty loving sweet.

I never heard of this Death's Head, wasn't expecting to be to a Transformer as well, that's amazing, (obligatory) yes.

In other news for UK classic Transformers back-up comic strip fans:

https://twitter.com/lewstringer/status/875999170716454912

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
There's a slightly extended clip of The Last Knight up on Facebook, the one with Hannibal Lecter and Marky Mark and the totally not Transformers kidnapping. This movie might not actually be awful

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

There's a slightly extended clip of The Last Knight up on Facebook, the one with Hannibal Lecter and Marky Mark and the totally not Transformers kidnapping. This movie might not actually be awful

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Best release of the Year is right here, guys.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

I mean, would you say that... no, I've retired that image in the wake of the general election

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Blackheart posted:

Best release of the Year is right here, guys.

Is this a redeco of Bisk, I don't watch the show so I'm out of the loop.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I don't watch it either but yeah it's a redeco of Bisk with a new head, and it's called Thermidor.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

He's a pirate voiced by Jim Cummings.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Hopefully his car actually goddamn tabs together properly.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
drat. Went to one Ollie's in Cincinnati and no luck with Fort Max. Gonna try the other three after we eat.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

pubic works project posted:

drat. Went to one Ollie's in Cincinnati and no luck with Fort Max. Gonna try the other three after we eat.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. Unless they're getting regular restocks they're all long gone. When I bought mine the cashier told me there was a dude who bought 20 of them in earlier.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Medullah posted:

I wouldn't get my hopes up. Unless they're getting regular restocks they're all long gone. When I bought mine the cashier told me there was a dude who bought 20 of them in earlier.

:-(

Rhyno did you get an extra one?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
TLK premiere in London tonight. I snapped this pic before me and the boyfriend vamoosed quickly out of the area.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Hopefully his car actually goddamn tabs together properly.

My Bisk tabs together to well, so sounds like bad luck on your part.

Does Thermidor never need to remove his gun from his hands, like Bisk?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I was in the hospital a week ago Friday when my local Ollie's got ten Fort Maxes in. When I called that Saturday afternoon, a guy told me they all sold out in 20 minutes. I never stood a chance.

He told me they get trucks every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, so I became a bit of a nuisance, calling every day this past week for updates (but always polite and appreciative) and even dropped by a couple times. But everyone there thinks they are long gone, and they probably won't be getting any more. I called a second Ollie's across town, and she cut me off mid-sentence and told me that every store in Florida is sold out, and probably won't be getting any more.

One thing I noticed, though: despite not having any luck, everyone I spoke to at Ollie's this past week, either in person or on the phone, was much more helpful, friendly, and patient than any Target, TRU, or Walmart employee I've ever talked to about toys in my LIFE.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jun 18, 2017

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Anora posted:

My Bisk tabs together to well, so sounds like bad luck on your part.

Does Thermidor never need to remove his gun from his hands, like Bisk?

It's not just me. You're the one who lucked out, it's apparently super common. :(

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I was in the hospital a week ago Friday when my local Ollie's got ten Fort Maxes in. When I called that Saturday afternoon, a guy told me they all sold out in 20 minutes. I never stood a chance.

He told me they get trucks every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, so I became a bit of a nuisance, calling every day this past week for updates (but always polite and appreciative) and even dropped by a couple times. But everyone there thinks they are long gone, and they probably won't be getting any more. I called a second Ollie's across town, and she cut me off mid-sentence and told me that every store in Florida is sold out, and probably won't be getting any more.

One thing I noticed, though: despite not having any luck, everyone I spoke to at Ollie's this past week, either in person or on the phone, was much more helpful, friendly, and patient than any Target, TRU, or Walmart employee I've ever talked to about toys in my LIFE.

Yeah I hit two Ollie's here in Cincy and a worker said that the same rear end in a top hat hit all four in the Cincy-area and bought them all. Pieces of poo poo like that make me so mad.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
As I've said before this is why stores need policies limiting the amount of product people can buy, anything that screws over scalpers is a good thing

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I mean, would you say that... no, I've retired that image in the wake of the general election

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf_3ZTp4eG4&t=15s

man, the original dawn of war was so fuckin' good, shame they had to repeatedly gently caress it up in the sequels

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

drrockso20 posted:

As I've said before this is why stores need policies limiting the amount of product people can buy, anything that screws over scalpers is a good thing

Yeah there was a bunch at the one I went to and I was tempted to buy a ton of them but I just couldn't be that dude.

The good news is the price on eBay is pretty consistently $80 shipped, so they're making $15-20 profit on each one.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Most people are probably holding onto them in hopes they go up in price down the road. And then there is just the hoarder Transformers fans that need to have as many as possible.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Yeah I could understand if it was someone buying for friends, but this dude bought like 40 of them.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Yeah I could understand if it was someone buying for friends, but this dude bought like 40 of them.

How do you even haul 40? A minivan couldn't hold them all.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

strangehamster posted:

Transform one, he grows to city size, fit others in him. #TransformersPhysics

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

strangehamster posted:

Each Cincy store got 10 and he hit them all.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

drrockso20 posted:

As long as they sell the product off the shelf, stores could not possibly give less of a poo poo. Scalpers are good for retail, from the point of view of retail.

Medullah posted:

Yeah there was a bunch at the one I went to and I was tempted to buy a ton of them but I just couldn't be that dude.

The good news is the price on eBay is pretty consistently $80 shipped, so they're making $15-20 profit on each one.

They're idiots if they're selling them now. I would bet most are storing them waiting for the price to hit $300-400 in a couple years the way Metroplex has. I don't know if that's going to happen with neckbeards stacking them 40 high in their basements, though.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Some future episode of Storage Wars is going to be one of them finding a unit full of TR Fortmaxes

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

:-(

Rhyno did you get an extra one?

Somebody beat me to them.

drrockso20 posted:

Ollie's a closeout store, they generally care about making money.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Because they are sane a business will, when given the choice of selling 10 of a product right now or 1 right now and maybe 9 later, always go for the 10 right now. The solution to the problem is making things so readily available that it is impossible to scalp 100% of them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Got everything ordered except that loving case they bumped Sluggslinger to, so I'll have to track that fucker down at some point.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

EthanSteele posted:

Because they are sane a business will, when given the choice of selling 10 of a product right now or 1 right now and maybe 9 later, always go for the 10 right now. The solution to the problem is making things so readily available that it is impossible to scalp 100% of them.

They were readily available at Toys R Us from day 1. I'm actually kind of shocked they went to Ollie's rather than TRU just discounting them themselves. Though I guess now that I'm thinking about it the toys probably came from Hasbro direct. I wonder what Ollie's paid if they're worth selling at $40.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Medullah posted:

They were readily available at Toys R Us from day 1. I'm actually kind of shocked they went to Ollie's rather than TRU just discounting them themselves. Though I guess now that I'm thinking about it the toys probably came from Hasbro direct. I wonder what Ollie's paid if they're worth selling at $40.

TRU isn't where Ollie's got them from. These were most likely the HasbroToyShop stock.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rhyno posted:

TRU isn't where Ollie's got them from. These were most likely the HasbroToyShop stock.

Hey that's a fun thing for those of you who can't find one at Ollie's - try a price match at TRU. I've seen crazier things work. :D

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Medullah posted:

Hey that's a fun thing for those of you who can't find one at Ollie's - try a price match at TRU. I've seen crazier things work. :D

People have been trying, TRU does not match discount store prices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

It's not just me. You're the one who lucked out, it's apparently super common. :(

Where are you having issues getting him together, he's a bit finicky, but I can't see where he wouldn't stay together.