Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Cojawfee posted:

It has Maple Valley who cares what else is in it?

Can Suzuka and Mugello make a come back as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

You Am I posted:

Can Suzuka and Mugello make a come back as well?

I feel like it was for sure confirmed Suzuka and Mugello are back.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

I said come in! posted:

I feel like it was for sure confirmed Suzuka and Mugello are back.

It is confirmed they are both back. I am very curious which environments are gone. I wouldn't miss Rio.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

GutBomb posted:

I wouldn't miss Rio.
Same!

But they used a lot of man-hours to make that track, so I doubt they'd can it after one game.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't know how they went from gold with Maple Valley and Weekend at Bernies and ended up with poo poo like Prague and Rio.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Hexenritter posted:

My ~160KB/s internet says "no u"

They really need to find a way to put kiosks places with the latest builds of poo poo.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cojawfee posted:

I don't know how they went from gold with Maple Valley and Weekend at Bernies and ended up with poo poo like Prague and Rio.

i actually like prague quite a bit. rio is poo however and i'd love for them to ditch it for camino.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

Prague is great so I dunno what you're talking about. My main complaint is that like Alps you can dirty your lap while still on asphalt.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

GutBomb posted:

It is confirmed they are both back. I am very curious which environments are gone. I wouldn't miss Rio.

I hope none are gone, esp with 100GB. Having more variety might make the occasional Rio worth it. Especially the short versions massacres.

Cojawfee posted:

Prague short is worth it. Especially because of that back straight chicane. I like Prague in general. Bernese short is also pretty decent because people can't turn.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

geeves posted:

I hope none are gone, esp with 100GB. Having more variety might make the occasional Rio worth it. Especially the short versions massacres.

Prague short is worth it. Especially because of that back straight chicane. I like Prague in general. Bernese short is also pretty decent because people can't turn.

well they said 30 environments and with Suzuka, mugello, maple valley, and Dubai there's got to be at least one missing. The ones I would miss the least would be Rio and yas marina. Prague is ok. I would hope that VIR and Homestead made the cut but maybe they will include those with DLC again.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Maybe they got rid of the top gear test track.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Maybe they got rid of the top gear test track.

They're replacing it with the Hemberg Bergrennen hillclimb. You win if you don't wreck.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

GutBomb posted:

well they said 30 environments and with Suzuka, mugello, maple valley, and Dubai there's got to be at least one missing. The ones I would miss the least would be Rio and yas marina. Prague is ok. I would hope that VIR and Homestead made the cut but maybe they will include those with DLC again.

The universe isn't kind enough for them to have dropped Yas Marina. And I also do hope Homestead and especially VIR make the cut.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Norns posted:

I always buy the big dumb version because I have no impulse control

:hfive:

I'm about 80% sure I own all the DLC for FM3 and I know for a fact that I own all the DLC for everything since. At this point I'm just waiting for my annual chance to give Turn 10 money.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

TheScott2K posted:

They really need to find a way to put kiosks places with the latest builds of poo poo.

I'd happily empty the 120GB USB drive I have to use it as a caddy for that sort of thing if it meant no more week long downloads.

Southpaw
Mar 9, 2006

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

It seemed like we NEVER had full lobbies in 6. I think a lot of the goon group from 4 still hadn't bought XBones yet. I think more have them now, plus with the ability to play with people on PC, we should be able to get full lobbies in 7. I certainly hope so, anyway.

This is me, I didn't buy FM after 4. I definitely plan on buying 7. Looking forward to battling for the middle of the pack (hopefully)

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Prague is pretty awesome. I don't know what it is about Rio that... O wait it's the perpendicular tire walls... yeah I hate that part. It's pretty, though.

I wouldn't miss Yaz, but as I've said it's darn pretty at night, and Yaz North Corkscrew is actually fun. I'm not so excited about Mugello, but I'm sure once I get back on it I'll love it again. I hope they keep VIR. It's so much like my adopted home in NC. Not quite as much red clay as Atlanta, ya know?

I can't wait to see Maple Valley reworked in 4k.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

Prague is pretty awesome. I don't know what it is about Rio that... O wait it's the perpendicular tire walls... yeah I hate that part. It's pretty, though.

I wouldn't miss Yaz, but as I've said it's darn pretty at night, and Yaz North Corkscrew is actually fun. I'm not so excited about Mugello, but I'm sure once I get back on it I'll love it again. I hope they keep VIR. It's so much like my adopted home in NC. Not quite as much red clay as Atlanta, ya know?

I can't wait to see Maple Valley reworked in 4k.

Drop Yas! Yes!

Either that or when you cut corners you explode.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I really wish Turn10 would rework the Indy oval. It's so bad I can't believe it's still in the game, and not updating it for Forza 6 when they updated the road course is criminal.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Hopefully oval AI is being worked on, so many cars smoking their tires and dropping like 30MPH

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

GutBomb posted:

Yea, the short tracks on Rio are fun but only in a gimmicky way. Although Rio is the track with the most insane crashes in multiplayer. Nobody can handle that 2 lane down hill section and it turns into a clusterfuck. Wouldn't miss the track at all.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Yea, the short tracks on Rio are fun but only in a gimmicky way. Although Rio is the track with the most insane crashes in multiplayer. Nobody can handle that 2 lane down hill section and it turns into a clusterfuck. Wouldn't miss the track at all.
I think that describes the tracks that I dislike in the FM games. The ones where in multiplayer there are too many places where pileups occur. And not just with pubbies. People can be racing clean, but if one person makes a small error, it can cause a crash or massive pileup. The Rio ribbons had several spots like this, and that's why I mostly dislike that track. For hotlapping, its pretty decent - challenging to find the line and go fast.

Conversely, I really like Prague. It has that chicane at the back close to the end of the lap, but aside from that it has pretty good runoff and there aren't a ton of pileups when someone makes an error. It's fun and high speed, and you can do well but there's always time to find there.

And on the topic of Yas...I think some type of sticky grass should make a return. I know that's a controversial statement, but you shouldn't be able to cut corners like that with zero repurcussions. Oh, you dirtied your lap? It's multiplayer, who the gently caress cares? There really isn't a great way to handle it without ruining MY IMMERSION or by placing tires there that aren't there in real life, which other people would bitch about.

Anyway, I'm just really excited about this game!

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Jesus christ, the Forza barriers have invaded real life. They're in the chicanes at Le Mans :psyduck:

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

I think that describes the tracks that I dislike in the FM games. The ones where in multiplayer there are too many places where pileups occur. And not just with pubbies. People can be racing clean, but if one person makes a small error, it can cause a crash or massive pileup. The Rio ribbons had several spots like this, and that's why I mostly dislike that track. For hotlapping, its pretty decent - challenging to find the line and go fast.

Conversely, I really like Prague. It has that chicane at the back close to the end of the lap, but aside from that it has pretty good runoff and there aren't a ton of pileups when someone makes an error. It's fun and high speed, and you can do well but there's always time to find there.

And on the topic of Yas...I think some type of sticky grass should make a return. I know that's a controversial statement, but you shouldn't be able to cut corners like that with zero repurcussions. Oh, you dirtied your lap? It's multiplayer, who the gently caress cares? There really isn't a great way to handle it without ruining MY IMMERSION or by placing tires there that aren't there in real life, which other people would bitch about.

Anyway, I'm just really excited about this game!

I love that chicane at Prague. Pubbies seem to lose so much time in that back section because they slow down like crazy. You don't even need a grippy car to take it fast, you just need to know the line and when to cut the wheel so you're turning before you hit the curbs.

I'm all in favor of sticky pavement where you can easily cut on Yas and Spa and any place where you get egregiously track extend more than a car width. (A car width is cool because poo poo happens, but anything more than that should be penalized in some way. And more barriers are not the answer. Road Atlanta between 5 and 6 look like completely different tracks.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I'm honestly at the point where I just want to play multiplayer with everyone ghosting through each other, Trackmania style. Just do real-time Rivals.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

I'm honestly at the point where I just want to play multiplayer with everyone ghosting through each other, Trackmania style. Just do real-time Rivals.

There is a Ghost League each week just for this. It's great for learning different racing lines.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Yeah when I was still racing online all I did was ghost racing. It's great fun with none of the griefing.

A good group to race with is always better, but... well. 'Nuff said.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I just finished watching over two thirds of Le Mans and might preorder the stupidly expensive FM7 edition while I'm still hyped.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Shumagorath posted:

I just finished watching over two thirds of Le Mans and might preorder the stupidly expensive FM7 edition while I'm still hyped.

You should!

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Dude must play Forza (from LeMans race).

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I haven't watched Le Mans in a few years but I see nothing has changed. Before I even clicked the link I called it that it was a Ferrari GT car involved in a crash.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I said come in! posted:

I haven't watched Le Mans in a few years but I see nothing has changed. Before I even clicked the link I called it that it was a Ferrari GT car involved in a crash.

He didn't cause it for once!

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
In preparation for 7 I've grabbed every single Forza that I've missed since Motorsport 2 over the past few months in an effort to milk them for Forza Hub points. It even got me to finally swallow switching to Windows 10 to play Apex.

Think I've played a bit too much already. I'm cramming like 9 years of backlog in the span of only a few months.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Why would you do that

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Norns posted:

Why would you do that

Because I don't have much else better to do with my time. Technically I'm already halfway done with all of them, only things I have to invest any heavy amount of time into is the main careers of 4 (already finished world tour), 5, and 6. But it is getting pretty drat tiring having to do a single race or event in 6 different games on a daily basis cause of the days played score.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

In preparation for 7 I've grabbed every single Forza that I've missed since Motorsport 2 over the past few months in an effort to milk them for Forza Hub points. It even got me to finally swallow switching to Windows 10 to play Apex.

Think I've played a bit too much already. I'm cramming like 9 years of backlog in the span of only a few months.

That's a really good way to not want to play any of 7 when it comes out.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

sleepwalkers posted:

That's a really good way to not want to play any of 7 when it comes out.
True, if I had just started that process just now I would agree, but I've already invested like 2-3 months into this process already with the games I already wanted to play and still chugging along fine. FM5 being my absolute last acquisition since I waited for it to go on sale again after this thread talked me out of jumping on it last time.

And yeah, 5 sucks hard, especially the achievement list, so definitely not going to be batting for 1000 GS on that one.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
a spergy thing i want to see in the next forza game is specific engine names instead of guessing which I6 i'm swapping into my cyber-silvia

Norns posted:

Why would you do that

he will be a certified loremaster

tbh i expect to spend just as many hours in 7 itself because i skipped from forza 2 to horizon 3 but i doubt i really missed anything except some cool tracks or cars

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
You missed out on driving the car with Kinect in Forza 3.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Forza 7 Ultimate Edition comes out September 28th. I just now noticed that. I assume we are all buying that version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I said come in! posted:

The Forza 7 Ultimate Edition comes out September 28th. I just now noticed that. I assume we are all buying that version.

Of course.

• Locked thread