Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

KataraniSword posted:

Samurai and 3 Zerks. World 1 was an exercise in making it rain. World 2 was an exercise in plowing through random battles with four killdozers (that sometimes made things worse, instead, oops Death Sickle procs on Reflect Knights.)

World 3 is an exercise in "where's the best place to grind with three people who are too angry to take down an iron giant safely". There's no way I'm doing NED at Lv33ish, I need to get more levels. And maybe elixirs.

for world three grinding, the ronka ruins section in the rift, right before it changes to phantom village. the monsters there drop elixers and you're steps away from the free healing pot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Today I started playing FFV for the first time, and gosh, it's really charming so far! Simple plot, but effective.

I've got currently: two knights, two mystic knights. After having to backtrack through the entire fire ship donjon to buy spells for my mystic knights, I then wrecked the fire boss and now there's a timed segment - but I've saved to get some sleep.

Game is fun! I never would've ever played it without this challenge / SA bringing the challenge to my attention, so - thanks, guys! It's a good time. :3:

ps. My dude is named Basch, because of Ondore's Lies.

Friendly advice, don't try to do everything in that timed segment, it's more or less impossible. You're going to run into a time-waster at the very end, so keep that in mind. If you're not averse to guides you might look up what treasures in that section are worthwhile and/or relevant to your classes so you can map out how to get them and not waste time on monsters in chests and 20 gil "treasures", but if you don't feel like doing that, just keep a brisk pace.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Friendly advice, don't try to do everything in that timed segment, it's more or less impossible. You're going to run into a time-waster at the very end, so keep that in mind. If you're not averse to guides you might look up what treasures in that section are worthwhile and/or relevant to your classes so you can map out how to get them and not waste time on monsters in chests and 20 gil "treasures", but if you don't feel like doing that, just keep a brisk pace.

I just got every treasure chest with 2 mystic knights and 2 berserkers with a minute and a half to spare. It's honestly not that difficult to do with a team that can deal lots of damage quickly, like knights and mystic knights.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Rudicron posted:

Very well.
Inspired by Dragondarch's level-matching Goblin Punch shenanigans, one of my own FF5 memories, and the current hypothesis that #regpopular is weighted toward blue mages;

I pledge $5 for each Galuf who hits Exdeath with a level-matched Goblin Punch, to a maximum of $100 (for I am unfortunately not inordinately wealthy).

After all, what better way to protect your granddaughter from a tree demon, than with a magically enhanced punch to the face?

First time making a .gif. Am I doing this right?

https://twitter.com/D_Amagai/status/876440120492261376

plot.lost
Aug 21, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Eh, screw it. :toxx: Everyone who clears the game with the name "a butt" will trigger a 2 dollar donation from me, up to a maximum of 70 bucks(it'd be more but the exchange rate is murder).

I also just donated :10bux: to add some zerkers to the pool. :getin:

a butt.

Bad Seafood posted:

:siren: Calling all Captains Courageous! :siren:

This year, like every year, I plan on using the Chicken Knife like the dirty little coward I am. But you know what? I think you can do better!

For everyone who completes their run with a fully functioning Brave Blade either equipped or in their inventory (which is to say, a Brave Blade at full power; no running), I will donate $5 to Child's Play, up to a total of $150. For proof, all I ask is a screenshot of your party, standing before Exdeath in the Rift, with another screenshot of your untarnished Brave Blade boasting 150 attack power.

a butt's brave companion.

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

first job is blue mage. Going to be good to have a nice easy run.

Chaotic Neutral
Aug 29, 2011
E: err, ignore this

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

gatesealer posted:

My practice run with a random generator was BLM/Zerk/Ranger/Samurai and it was a faceroll. Now on the official run I've started with Knight / Mystic Knight. Not sure how to do this besides "Attack > Repeat" but so far it's an early game faceroll.

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
I understand that the FFT portraits look like the ingame sprites...

But it annoys me that Krile has giant poofy purple sleeves for no reason when she doesn't have them on her sprite. Freelancer Job art has a yellow coat instead.

Dorrgan has a cigarette for some reason but you don't see his portrait enough to really care.

Lenna has loose sleeves in her sprite, but the freelancer job art has her wearing a dress that covers the neck with no sleeves.

Everyone else is fine.

Sorry for this complaint that you can ignore.

ssmagus fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jun 18, 2017

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

gatesealer posted:

Yeah, I got blue mage to start with too. Never used it before and not sure how it holds up later but I've just cleared the water crystal and it has absolutely steam-rolled things up until now. Next up: summoner.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Whoo

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Chemist/White Mage/Dancer/Beastmaster

World one will be painful.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

The vote is in an my final party will be Black Mage/Berserker/Bard/Samurai. I'm very happy about this. I think in every Fiesta I've done the Samurai was in my party.

Oh Samurai, you're my best friend :allears:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Noooooo

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

ultrafilter posted:

Chemist/White Mage/Dancer/Beastmaster

World one will be painful.

four white mages till earth :stare:

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

Staggy posted:

Yeah, I got blue mage to start with too. Never used it before and not sure how it holds up later but I've just cleared the water crystal and it has absolutely steam-rolled things up until now. Next up: summoner.

I got blue mage one my very first run. It makes the game pretty easy.

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire

You know what. I'll put in $50 to the cause if someone is a good pixel artist to change those portraits to be more accurate towards the Freelancer Job art.

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

huh, got time mage as my next job. Never had that before.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

So far in my 750 run I'm White Mage / Red Mage. I feel like I'm going to roll the weak option for all of these crystals, so I hope I get proven wrong with a Bard or a Chemist soon. Wish me luck.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/876475854892740608

I have been rewarded by Valhalla. :getin:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Alxprit posted:

So far in my 750 run I'm White Mage / Red Mage. I feel like I'm going to roll the weak option for all of these crystals, so I hope I get proven wrong with a Bard or a Chemist soon. Wish me luck.

Red Mage is kind of weak on it's own, but is pretty ludicrous with White Mage.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

So I got Chemist as a first job. I don't believe I've used a Chemist in a Fiesta before so this should be fun. I have the combination chart and Kyrosiris' screed open but is there a list of where to get Mix materials from?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Genocyber posted:

So I got Chemist as a first job. I don't believe I've used a Chemist in a Fiesta before so this should be fun. I have the combination chart and Kyrosiris' screed open but is there a list of where to get Mix materials from?

Turtle shells are from turtles (near Karnak W1, there's a couple of places W2, and near the void formerly known as Tycoon W3), dragon fangs are in Drakenvale W2, and Dark Matter is in a few specific places, but you shouldn't need much.

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

Blue mage/time mage/berserker so far. was really hoping for beastmaster so I could get white wind early

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
So far I have Blue, Red, and Beast. I guess I'm obligated to get every Blue spell now.

Does Dual cast work with Blue? I'd rather not do that grind if I can help it, but I will if it's worth it.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Noper Q posted:

So far I have Blue, Red, and Beast. I guess I'm obligated to get every Blue spell now.

Does Dual cast work with Blue? I'd rather not do that grind if I can help it, but I will if it's worth it.

Negatory. Also congrats on early White Wind, and your free Triple Crown.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Haven't started yet, but I got Blue Mage, which sounds pretty good. Went Zerker risk too, so I'm excited to see what else I end up getting.

Think I'm going to do an iOS run this time, I'm glad I did The Run on SNES but being able to walk faster is probably worth the ugliness this time.

edit: Also drat, there are a lot of quadzerkers in here. RIP.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Haven't started yet, but I got Blue Mage, which sounds pretty good. Went Zerker risk too, so I'm excited to see what else I end up getting.

Think I'm going to do an iOS run this time, I'm glad I did The Run on SNES but being able to walk faster is probably worth the ugliness this time.

edit: Also drat, there are a lot of quadzerkers in here. RIP.

Why not split the difference and go with the GBA version? It looks good AND has dash (plus fast forward if you're emulating).

e: I'm assuming the answer is "no" but is it possible to add a condition like #fifthjob after registration has already occurred?

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jun 18, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Genocyber posted:

Why not split the difference and go with the GBA version? It looks good AND has dash (plus fast forward if you're emulating).

That's actually a good idea, I didn't realize it had dash. Thanks!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I got Blue Mage as my third job, just after the Aero2/Death Claw opportunity natch,

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Final Job Loadout: Red Mage / Dancer / White Mage / Knight

Should be an interesting run!

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Have a BASCH!

https://twitter.com/D_Amagai/status/876493522748280832

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

I look forward to my Four Zerk Fiesta!

Austere things
Feb 4, 2013
Ok, so I have what is probably a pretty dumb question about my Pure Chaos run, but I'm not entirely sure how to go forward with this.

So far, I've rolled a Geomancer for Wind Crystal and Zerker for Water which is fine, but I'm not sure if that means I should be running a team of mixed Freelancers and Zerkers until I get to the fire crystal or if I should go all Zerkers since that's the only legitimate job available to me right now.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Austere things posted:

Ok, so I have what is probably a pretty dumb question about my Pure Chaos run, but I'm not entirely sure how to go forward with this.

So far, I've rolled a Geomancer for Wind Crystal and Zerker for Water which is fine, but I'm not sure if that means I should be running a team of mixed Freelancers and Zerkers until I get to the fire crystal or if I should go all Zerkers since that's the only legitimate job available to me right now.

All zerks.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Rixaxun posted:

So, uh, what's the recommended level for Liquid Flame with four berserkers? Is 25 gonna be enough, or does this require more grinding.

I don't think anyone responded to this yet, but I did it around 21, but it will take a lot of tries until the boss cooperates and doesn't blaze you to death before it goes down. I beat Byblos at a similar level, too.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Any recommendations for the cannon with a team of zerks and geos? I'm running 3 zerks because the geos can't really damage the cannon, all of their Gaia abilities don't do any damage to it. Level 26 after grinding a bunch, but I don't really know what to do other than grind more. I have a whole 1 hi potion and have used all my elixers.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Small thing but requisite reminder that Tycoon Castle has super-extra hidden secret Cottages if you walk to the right here:

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
Freelancer, Zerker x 3

y-yay...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

final job is chemist. Time for super easy mode

• Locked thread