Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Wark Say posted:

In other news, I just finished rewatching Episode 6 of Scum's Wish and I think I want to see something fluffy and cute, so I'm going to watch either Amanchu or Sweetness & Lightning before going to bed.

wild card recommendation: flip flappers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, that was the bomb. Might just rewatch that again as well.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I have finished through ending A of Nier Automata and I have to say, I did not care for that boss fight or the electrified enemies.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

chumbler posted:

I have finished through ending A of Nier Automata and I have to say, I did not care for that boss fight or the electrified enemies.

There's ways to get around electricity. You can shoot the electrified shields/armor to knock it out on the normal enemies, and for bosses with it you can just use one of the potions that makes you immune to electricity. They're even on the quick-use menu for items, along with the healing items.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Red Minjo posted:

There's ways to get around electricity. You can shoot the electrified shields/armor to knock it out on the normal enemies, and for bosses with it you can just use one of the potions that makes you immune to electricity. They're even on the quick-use menu for items, along with the healing items.

It wasn't the ones with electrified shields, but the ones who did the aoe electricity in the final part of that play through. They weren't really a problem since yeah, you can shoot them, but they kinda kill pacing. The anti-shock items didn't seem to affect them either.

Also I found out that in the start of play through 2, if you die in the part where 9S is trying to survive on top of the intro boss, it sends you back to the start with ending W. If you die earlier it just restarts you at that segment. And boy do I keep dying on it.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jun 18, 2017

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Thinking about Akio laying down and drinking a cocktail as Utena tries to open the door of eternity because he's seen it so many times before

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/sasamorichou/status/875893883892150272

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

What a loving rear end in a top hat of a character. I really can't think of a villain more loathsome than Akio that's not from a Cormac MacCArthy novel

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:kimchi: Ohana Holoholo is very good

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Unlike the adults in the manga, Yuuta knows exactly how to say what he wants :3:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

GorfZaplen posted:

What a loving rear end in a top hat of a character. I really can't think of a villain more loathsome than Akio that's not from a Cormac MacCArthy novel

:same:, he's just the worst. By the end of it, I feel dirty just seeing him on screen.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
who was the yuri mangaka with the rant about the recap ep, about Utena's purity being stolen from her

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I'm not sure how I'm hoping the relationships in Ohana Holoholo go, which I feel is usually the sign of a good cast. Maya is lovely but is pretty understandably guarded about anything happening with Michiru and I don't know, Michiru is trying a lot more now and all but we still don't what caused the original disappearance, besides that she's that kind of cut-and-run person. Hmm

I hope it keeps getting updates, it's very sweet and pretty realistically dramatic considering. I love it's style too, lots of varied panels with very wobbly and dynamic feeling art and more traditional detailed stuff for subdued introspective scenes.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Big fan of the watercolour covers too

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

9S wants to kiss all the yorhas, and hell, I can't blame him.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
:same:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:yeah:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
A user called us and while I was checking his data, he started free-styling. I put my phone on mute thinking that I was gonna guffaw like an idiot in mockery, but he was actually not bad. Are auditory hallucinations a thing in Sunday morning? It's not even 8 AM and this should not be happening. In other news, my non-customer-support work is almost done, so I should have 9 hours of free time to play with my 3DS. :)

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Cow birds! :3:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Dairy birbs :3:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Wark Say posted:

A user called us and while I was checking his data, he started free-styling. I put my phone on mute thinking that I was gonna guffaw like an idiot in mockery, but he was actually not bad. Are auditory hallucinations a thing in Sunday morning? It's not even 8 AM and this should not be happening. In other news, my non-customer-support work is almost done, so I should have 9 hours of free time to play with my 3DS. :)

that's a pretty good start to a workday

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

who was the yuri mangaka with the rant about the recap ep, about Utena's purity being stolen from her

It's from one of Morgianna Milk's books

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/hamuhukurou/status/876430545894350848

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Motto posted:

It's from one of Morgianna Milk's books

Yes! Thank you, it's as amazing as I remember.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
My work day started out waking up slightly drunk on the couch in my office.

No breakfast. Straight to loading samples.

But i played FE:H while my samples are starting to run (while i need to check on them), so, not bad.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

that's a pretty good start to a workday
It was pretty ballin'! Also, my mom's been chatting with my daughter and thanks to the lil' one's influence, my mom decided to make an attempt at cooking Oyakodon. Pretty drat tasty, even when re-heated!

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

My work day started out waking up slightly drunk on the couch in my office.

No breakfast. Straight to loading samples.

But i played FE:H while my samples are starting to run (while i need to check on them), so, not bad.
Passing out at work. Nice! :thumbsup:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
dad day

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4t018k

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

touhou only has one dad but he doesn't have a visual appearance and his kid isn't on good terms with him or the rest of the family

pic unrelated

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
So tohous spring to life magically?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

A lot of them are youkai born from human belief so yes literally

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Hm. The more you know.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

El Burbo posted:

touhou only has one dad but he doesn't have a visual appearance and his kid isn't on good terms with him or the rest of the family

pic unrelated

what about youki

what about unzan

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
Finally finished the Nausicaa manga today! Can't say I was as enamoured with it as most, but I enjoyed it nonetheless, and my goodness if that certainly wasn't something else when compared to the movie. I felt many of the revelations towards the last third didn't hit as hard as was intended, and it definitely felt as though there was a fair bit of fat that could've been trimmed, even if I can't pinpoint exactly where. The art was lovely, but the way it was drawn often made it hard to figure out what was going on in certain panels (especially with untranslated sound effects!), and Nausicaa herself was often messianic to a nearly absurd degree, or at least had those traits highlighted far too many times, which made her feel a bit one-note sometimes even if I knew there was far more to her character.

That said, all my complaints are fairly minor compared to everything the series gets right. I'm sure it's been stated too many times to count at this point, but the manga is definitely a recommended read for anybody who enjoyed the film.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
genji is probably daddy of a lot of gensokyo turtlez

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Endorph posted:

what about youki

what about unzan

youki might be a dad, but i'm not sure about Mr. Cloud...

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Kosuzu's dad shows up, though you don't see his face.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Hm. The more you know.
That's like half the woes of the Shin Megami Tensei / Persona continuities.

Human Character: WHY DO YOU EXIST? :gonk:
Demon: Because Humanity blah-de-blah-de-blah

From poo poo-Eating Aztec Goddesses to Amaterasu reppin' the sun to Aleister Crowley to MARA. They all exist because we believe in them motherfuckers.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I got the Outlaw Star blu-rays today and man oh man these masters are really good-looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Wark Say posted:

That's like half the woes of the Shin Megami Tensei / Persona continuities.

Human Character: WHY DO YOU EXIST? :gonk:
Demon: Because Humanity blah-de-blah-de-blah

From poo poo-Eating Aztec Goddesses to Amaterasu reppin' the sun to Aleister Crowley to MARA. They all exist because we believe in them motherfuckers.

I believe in Jack Frost, hee ho

• Locked thread