Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
He doesn't have The Look. He looks zonked out of his mind in half of the pictures of him playing

T-Mac was able to overcome his sleepy eyes to become a star, but is that what prevented him from making the second round for almost all of his career? Most advanced analytics suggest yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Don't leave your face empty on the court or it'll Harden that way and you'll be out on the street pawing dicks for MVP votes

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
fellas. danny played basketball and baseball. folded hands.

"The Moaning Mormon" lmao his wikipedia is full of awesome stuff

Brolander fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jun 18, 2017

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
From Boston's perspective they get to draft their guy and get a shot at a good pick in the next two years.

From everyone else's perspective, the difference between Fultz and Jackson is way bigger than just an extra pick.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Jota posted:

If that is accurate I may stop hating Colangelo.

That trade took a very interesting turn while I was asleep.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

i can't believe Bryan Colangelo finessed Danny Ainge

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

xbilkis posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/876279056202964992

I buy that Ainge just loves Josh Jackson, but if the Lakers wanted Fultz could they have beaten this package? Hmm

If the primary goal was picks, the best the Lakers could offer was a 2020, and while plenty could happen that means they still suck then, the 2018 or Kings 2019 are safer bets.

---

Part of me is sad because the fact that Boston seems so locked in to passing on Fultz can cause me to have the fantasy that their was an actual opportunity to get Fultz, which I had written off a month ago, but I still really am impressed by what the Sixers did.

This is a pretty ballsy move in a sense by Boston if Jackson is really their man, because there are at least some voices in the LA front office who are for drafting Jackson, allegedly.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This will have to be the first time two #1 picks debut in the same game on the same team

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

quote:

Jimmer Fredette did something really cool during a charity event in Utah on Friday. Fredette and his foundation raised money for Heritage, a residential treatment center for adolescents. To do that, he shot 92 out of 100 three-pointers for over six minutes, while his old BYU teammate Jackson Emery fed him the ball.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/Dcorrigan50/status/876398974596509697

:smith: MCW

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
On this Father's Day let us remember the great NBA fathers like Shawn Kemp and the man who just wanted to feed his family, Latrell Sprewell.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Dejan Bimble posted:

Patty Mills, the less we say about him, the better.

Actually Patty Mills owns, howdareu

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
I watched a random interview with Ron Artest last night and ended up binge watching an hour's worth of footage of how insane this guy was. On and off the court, he's totally mental. Like he just spaced out sometimes with a blank look in his eyes as he committed his drama.

That's not even speaking of the malice in the palace, every word out of his mouth is crazy talk. loving legend. "I used to drink Hennessey at half-time; I kept it in my locker. I would just WALK to the liquor store near the stadium and get it." Of course he did.

Dennis McClaren fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jun 18, 2017

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Subways Jared posted:

I watched a random interview with Ron Artest last night and ended up binge watching an hour's worth of footage of how insane this guy was. On and off the court, he's totally mental. Like he just spaced out sometimes with a blank look in his eyes as he committed his drama.

That's not even speaking of the malice in the palace, every word out of his mouth is crazy talk. loving legend. "I used to drink Hennessey at half-time; I kept it in my locker. I would just WALK to the liquor store near the stadium and get it." Of course he did.

Two words for you:

table leg.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I don't think this is as bad for Boston as you all are making it out to be. They get a prospect who could very well be better than Fultz at a position they care about as they are actually a contending team. Fultz is a very good prospect, but by the reaction on this board I would have thought he was Anthony Davis or even KAT.

I would say the difference between #1 and #3 is probably a lottery pick, and they have an incredible one with the Lakers chance and the Kings are probably not going to be much better than a 35 win team in 2 years so that's a pretty solid consolation prize. All the while it kicks the can a bit for the Celtics who are probably better off with the intangible draft pick than a player for trade purposes.

As for the 76ers, this is the right consolidation, Hail Hinkie.

I think this is one of those "Trade works well for both teams".

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Two words for you:

table leg.

Holy poo poo how did I miss that one. What a rare and beautiful gem he is.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I woke up and was so happy when I remembered that this wasn't just a dream

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Usually Boston media waits for a player to leave town before they sandbag them

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Happy father's day to all the people in this thread who complain about travels and not enough interior post play

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I hope the Lakers draft Jackson and the Celtics feel obliged to take Ball. Lavar v. the boston's not racist at all media will be a treat. We'll probably have video of him kicking down Shaughnessy door within a month

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

BWV posted:

I hope the Lakers draft Jackson and the Celtics feel obliged to take Ball. Lavar v. the boston's not racist at all media will be a treat. We'll probably have video of him kicking down Shaughnessy door within a month

They'll take either Tatum or Jackson

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
I hope Ball falls out of the lottery just to see his dad's reaction.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I am currently arguing with an idiot Pacer fan on Facebook who thinks it's a great idea to trade PG AND Thad Young for Love. Then he thinks Hayward is coming to Indy and that we'll roll out a starting lineup of Teague/CJ Miles/Hayward/Love/Turner. He also wants to draft Swanigan with our first rounder.

Good. Lord.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0Ts1PbYjmc If you don't know Henny at Halftime, now you know

BWV posted:

Happy father's day to all the people in this thread who complain about travels and not enough interior post play

I hate when players don't play hard enough or keep their heads in the game

xbilkis posted:

He doesn't have The Look. He looks zonked out of his mind in half of the pictures of him playing

T-Mac was able to overcome his sleepy eyes to become a star, but is that what prevented him from making the second round for almost all of his career? Most advanced analytics suggest yes
I was hornestly thinking about his walleyed expression earlier today, showing the depth of our pathologies. I think sleepy eyes is less of an indicator of being a dumbo in the present when everyone is immersed in screens which cause that look after too much exposure.

He seems like a normal guy, doesn't seem like a dumbo

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jun 18, 2017

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Shout out to all the sports dads of the year who refused to believe Kawhi was a superstar until like, it was 2017
Also shout out to all the white sports dads who (still) don't get the fact that the stern dress code was totally racist policy

Overpaid primadonnas!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4k35wgn5iM&t=90s
Coincidentally here's a video of Fultz working out with Tmac

If there was an NBA expansion draft, Reggie Jackson would go unprotected and unselected

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jun 18, 2017

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

pubic works project posted:

I am currently arguing with an idiot Pacer fan on Facebook who thinks it's a great idea to trade PG AND Thad Young for Love. Then he thinks Hayward is coming to Indy and that we'll roll out a starting lineup of Teague/CJ Miles/Hayward/Love/Turner. He also wants to draft Swanigan with our first rounder.

Good. Lord.

I feel very confident in predicting that this dude is also one of those IU fans who thought Stevens would leave the Celtics to coach for them. People in Indiana really overestimate how badly people from there want to go back.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

MourningView posted:

I feel very confident in predicting that this dude is also one of those IU fans who thought Stevens would leave the Celtics to coach for them. People in Indiana really overestimate how badly people from there want to go back.

I dunno. Maybe. The fact that he wants Swanigan's fatass leads me to believe he's a Purdue guy. But yes, the average Indiana sports fan is a moron.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

MourningView posted:

He's probably got a better chance at a title at IU, to be honest.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Paracaidas posted:

He's probably got a better chance at a title at IU, to be honest.

I still believe if he didn't leave for the NBA, Butler would have landed Trey Lyles and Trecon Blueitt and have a chance at a title with Stevens at the helm.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Subways Jared posted:

Holy poo poo how did I miss that one. What a rare and beautiful gem he is.

Table Leg Story is real actually: http://www.nytimes.com/1991/04/15/nyregion/player-dies-in-stabbing-at-basketball-game.html

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Shout out to all the sports dads of the year who refused to believe Kawhi was a superstar until like, it was 2017
Also shout out to all the white sports dads who (still) don't get the fact that the stern dress code was totally racist policy

Overpaid primadonnas!

The dress code was Stern's attempt to court football fans and I'm very happy that the league has adopted the official policy of "gently caress football fans."

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/876519819394338816

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Rip his trade value

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Yeah, jesus, what can you even get back under those circumstances?

Maybe the Cavs could actually grab him for a season before he bolts now

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

xbilkis posted:

Yeah, jesus, what can you even get back under those circumstances?

Maybe the Cavs could actually grab him for a season before he bolts now

With what? The Cavs have nothing outside of their core 4. Not even draft assets.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Something must have happened between now and the softball game a few days ago, well it's going to be a garbage trade now.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Lol if Lakers trade junk for him and tank the 2018 pick

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
It's really nice of Paul George to let the Lakers have him, without giving up assets, or paying the supermax. I predict they're going to get rid of free agency in the next CBA

Papercut posted:

The dress code was Stern's attempt to court football fans and I'm very happy that the league has adopted the official policy of "gently caress football fans."

You have to thank Kanye and the dress code for finally ending the maternity tees and wide jeans era. Things have probably swung too far in the opposite direction, but that's okay, it's a much better direction

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
What's the motivation for (presumably) George's side to leak this now? To get the Pacers to pull the trigger on a trade now? Because if I'm Magic, I don't wanna give up anything for a guy this thirsty to play on my team anyway, so I dunno if that works out

I guess the Knicks traded stuff to get Melo, so who knows

• Locked thread