Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm catching up on Yakuza 0 (ep 54) and oh my God that's Lenne Hardt!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Are there any more fun side missions covered after the first switch back to Kiryu?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

no they just mainline the main story, it's terrible, I strongly recommend you don't watch it or comment on it

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Rodyle posted:

no they just mainline the main story, it's terrible, I strongly recommend you don't watch it or comment on it

The story's fine, and they said they'd do clean up in the last chapter.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Nishitani really wants to hate-gently caress Majima, huh.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Rodyle posted:

This but unrionically.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

VolticSurge posted:

This but unrionically.

Only half of that post was ironic.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Dias posted:

Nishitani really wants to hate-gently caress Majima, huh.

Blood chubs for life.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
No lp with pat geeking out is bad

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tae posted:

No lp with pat geeking out is bad

I agree!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

What the fuk are these voices in this Infinite story.

What is that iron man voice

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
whens dragonbahl

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Tae posted:

What the fuk are these voices in this Infinite story.

What is that iron man voice
What, that's the thing that most stood out to you?
Man this game feels like such a janky cash-in. Maybe I'm being too mean but it's one of those demos that actively unhype you for a game.
EDIT: Also everything I've heard about short haired Danvers makes her sound like an absolute psycho so Woolie has poo poo taste there.

HGH fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jun 18, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Newest Yakuza. I think they actually gained a tiny bit of respect for Kuze.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I don't know why, but the thing that bugs me the most about MVCI is that they're using the lovely Rad Spencer design. It's so bad!

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

HGH posted:

What, that's the thing that most stood out to you?
Man this game feels like such a janky cash-in. Maybe I'm being too mean but it's one of those demos that actively unhype you for a game.
EDIT: Also everything I've heard about short haired Danvers makes her sound like an absolute psycho so Woolie has poo poo taste there.

I'd bet after the initial financial flop of SFV, they didn't want to put a lot of money into their next fighting game so the dev team had to re-use tons of poo poo from MvC3 to get it together at all. That's my no 1 dehype fact, that tons of the cast feel like they were just dragged and dropped in from 3. Even ignoring the datamined/leaked/whatever full roster, the demo has what, 10 characters shown and only 2 of them are new?

hoobajoo fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jun 19, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

But almost all the character models are new.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
There's a lot of recycling from 3 but there isn't a single character that hasn't been hosed up in some way.

It should also be pointed out that Capcom's making this one entirely on their own, which wasn't the case for any of their recent fighting games.

I'm also confused by Dreadlock Spencer - they already made a classic skin, they could have based the new character on that version if they wanted to.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

drat, did they hate Jill being in 3 as much as they do Chris? Once Phoenix Wright and Frank West were characters, I thought we would've moved beyond taking the game seriously at all.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's not about taking the game seriously, it's about the roster being incredibly lazy and RE being like the only Capcom property that's actually got stuff to pull from in the past six years for representation in this game. Like why would you want Chris from RE5 again, when they can put in Jack from RE7 or Leon now. Hell, if Nemesis is in the game again like that leak list confirms, that's even weirder and shows how little time and money is being put into this.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I would main the hell out of Jack.

Let me call in assists from Ethan's homemade convertible.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Captain Baal posted:

It's not about taking the game seriously, it's about the roster being incredibly lazy and RE being like the only Capcom property that's actually got stuff to pull from in the past six years for representation in this game. Like why would you want Chris from RE5 again, when they can put in Jack from RE7 or Leon now. Hell, if Nemesis is in the game again like that leak list confirms, that's even weirder and shows how little time and money is being put into this.

The RE reps should have been Leon Kennedy (the one RE protagonist with > 0 personality) and Jack Baker, worst dad.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Thanks for saving fighting games, Goku

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Woolie's reaction to Chris fumbling a golden one-liner opportunity was great.

Motto fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jun 19, 2017

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

"The Boxer Revolution" :suicide:

(godamnit pat)

Also,

quote:

>New LA Noire
YES PLEASE NEVER END
>New Night in the Woods video
GOOD GOD PLEASE END ALREADY

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
As stupid and easily ridiculed as it is, Bionic Commando's concept of "robotic arm wife" is amazing. She should talk to Spencer and be like "good job, honey! We make a great team!" when he beats dudes up. Don't have to even have much of a story, just make it the adventures of Spencer and his robotic arm wife. I think they went all serious and boring with it, though, which sucks.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pigbuster posted:

As stupid and easily ridiculed as it is, Bionic Commando's concept of "robotic arm wife" is amazing. She should talk to Spencer and be like "good job, honey! We make a great team!" when he beats dudes up. Don't have to even have much of a story, just make it the adventures of Spencer and his robotic arm wife. I think they went all serious and boring with it, though, which sucks.

Yeah, it should've been like Spirit Tracks.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Mike Patton was a bizarre choice to voice Spencer, also.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Infinite's sort of funny in that the overriding view from the fgc was "mild anticipation." After all, it wa the only real versus type of game coming out. However, that anticipation took a complete nosedive once dbz fighterz was announced. Competition can really hurt a substandard product.

You can just hear how none of the friends are hyped for this game anymore.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Complete opposite for me, Night in the Woods rules.

Also we had Vergil, Zero and whatever else in UMVC3, I can only wonder what new reign of darkness will loom over Infinite.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jun 19, 2017

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I've yet to have an episode of their current LPs I haven't enjoyed.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I enjoy them but I'm ready for some new blood.

They haven't even broken them up with a one off or two in a great while.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Monaghan posted:

Infinite's sort of funny in that the overriding view from the fgc was "mild anticipation." After all, it wa the only real versus type of game coming out. However, that anticipation took a complete nosedive once dbz fighterz was announced. Competition can really hurt a substandard product.

You can just hear how none of the friends are hyped for this game anymore.

Woolie seemed like he was trying the hardest to stay positive and he kept getting more and more quiet as the video went on except when making GBS threads on Chris/trying to defend Spencer.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The only exciting moment was the shame cube.

Thank you, Goku, for saving fighting games.

e: man, i hope the boys get into the lucha underground hype train again soon. We're knee-deep into a aztec-god-venom arc in which a character just punched through a politician's brains.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jun 19, 2017

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man they were really against Makoto trying to be a character and instead of a maguffin to give Majima some serious loss in his life.

Y'know, besides the eye.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
so what was matts big news

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Farg posted:

so what was matts big news

He doing voice work in that beat em up he's always retweeting.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Phantasium posted:

He doing voice work in that beat em up he's always retweeting.

THAT'S the big year-long project he was talking about lol what a let down I thought he was gonna announce some big channel thing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Voicing in your favorite things is awesome, why the knock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I had no idea NITW was some people's Astro Boy- or my Dark Souls- this whole time.