Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Young Orc

Donkwich posted:

*is immediately hired by dnc*

the dems can't afford that level of wit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

zen death robot posted:

why is your name something a random password generator would make

Because I am that stupid and can't be bothered to change it. Plus I might gently caress up again and have to pay 10 dollars for the fourth time, no thank you

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

eonwe posted:

lots of people in my office have them

I saw a stand selling them for $5, $10, and $20 alongside Predators merchandise (e.g. can insulating cozies of the kind that usually sell for $1 marked up to $15) before the Stanley cup games. I asked 20 questions about the stand's setup. It cost $120 for the 2-week transient vendor license and $75/day for rent, and the person they were paying to watch the stand said the fidget spinners were selling "pretty well". If I had the amount of money where you hardly have to work for your money to make more money, I'd be interested in finding out if that business model actually works

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/876514122543882240

:thunk:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

eonwe posted:

IT company

so yes

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Solarin posted:

a wise man bowed his head and said 'dose down twice strong, you imbecile, you loving moron"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

lol newt

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Donkwich posted:

*is immediately hired by dnc*

*makes montage youtube video of celebs making weird faces while singing a song*

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

:newt:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
*extremely George Bluth voice* I've got the worst loving attorneys
https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/876513747598270464

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

eonwe posted:

IT company

lol is it something unique to the IT demo that attracts turds that go hype for apple products and stupid fads like fidget spinners and other techbro poo poo?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Squizzle posted:

what

no

plz no

Oh, I'm afraid the shield will be quite intact, when your friends arrive it's quite real.

quote:

After one of the two younger girls crushed a family pet to death, Harris said, he and his wife were advised by "a therapist, a psychiatrist and a pediatrician" to remove the children from the Harris home. He said he sought DHS assistance at that time but was given none. He said he thought he'd found the "perfect solution" in handing the girls over to Stacey Francis, a longtime friend of his wife's, and her husband, Eric Cameron Francis. Eric Francis is serving 40 years in prison on charges of raping the child the Harrises rehomed and sexually assaulting other children.

Read the whole thing for a better idea of just what a horrible monster Justin Harris is.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

as a non-american i cannot believe newt gingrich exists much less people vote for him, even in chinese year of the retard monkey that is 2017

also what the hell kind of name is that

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

okaaay then.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
hahaha Newt hitting rock bottom owns.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Agrajag posted:

lol is it something unique to the IT demo that attracts turds that go hype for apple products and stupid fads like fidget spinners and other techbro poo poo?

asd

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Agrajag posted:

I work in IT and everybody here loathes Macs

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Oh my god Trump tweeted about that Rasmussen bullshit and claimed he beat Obama

I wonder who told him that

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

GobiasIndustries posted:

*extremely George Bluth voice* I've got the worst loving attorneys
https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/876513747598270464

the gently caress is that guy on about?

how did this fucko pass the bar? like really? he cant even keep a simple line of logic/story straight, ffs mate. likle the fucker stumbles over his own words then starts screaming when his brain stops working.

i still stand by my statement, that in a debate/discussion, the one that starts screaming like a bumbling moron is always the loser. that and not having a coherent loving story or argument.

Agrajag has issued a correction as of 20:59 on Jun 18, 2017

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

hahaha Newt hitting rock bottom owns.

ole nutty newt

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

i thought working in IT requires an attention span above that of a toddler

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Agrajag posted:

the gently caress is that guy on about?
about an 8-ball.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Epic High Five posted:

I work in IT and everybody here loathes Macs

that's cause they know macs are overpowered and better suited to literally every task a computer is capable of.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Butt propeller

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Admiral Ray posted:

that's cause they know macs are overpowered and better suited to literally every task a computer is capable of.

for me to poop on

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Admiral Ray posted:

Some people come in thinking this, but then they come across the realization that none of the custom tools their program requires run on Macs and if you ask the designers of them to port it they will laugh in your face

Beyond that, there's the whole "paying next year's prices for 3 year's ago hardware" and how big of PITA they can be for helpdesk support

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

scoop: nobody wants to switch to a different system that is different from what they're used to

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Is saying Yes, Trump is under investigation and is complying fully and will be exonerated that loving hard to say

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

"We're not under investigation, YOU'RE under investigation!"

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Reality Winner posted:

Is saying Yes, Trump is under investigation and is complying fully and will be exonerated that loving hard to say

yep

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Ekster posted:

as a non-american i cannot believe newt gingrich exists much less people vote for him, even in chinese year of the retard monkey that is 2017

also what the hell kind of name is that

hes not in office, last time folks voted for him was in the 2012 primary, but i get your point

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Literally "no investigation! no investigation! you're investigation!"

Newt owns

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Young Orc

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Butt propeller

it'd better make a fun noise

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

weird to think we could've conceivably had president newt 2012-2016

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Reality Winner posted:

it is when you're guilty as fuuuuuuck and know the second people start investigating you're done

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Oh, I'm afraid the shield will be quite intact, when your friends arrive it's quite real.

Read the whole thing for a better idea of just what a horrible monster Justin Harris is.

Nuke Arkansas

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Reality Winner posted:

apparently

the best minds y'all

:thunk:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

not lol if u think this only happens there.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Epic High Five posted:

Some people come in thinking this, but then they come across the realization that none of the custom tools their program requires run on Macs and if you ask the designers of them to port it they will laugh in your face

Beyond that, there's the whole "paying next year's prices for 3 year's ago hardware" and how big of PITA they can be for helpdesk support

I was working IT back when Mac made its huge jump to OS 10 and the iMac stuff came out, and the difference between the formerly interesting if infrequently used OS 9 Macs and the plastic-coated garbage of 10 was astounding. I mean, small kudos for Jobs figuring out that branding and perceived exclusivity was far more likely to make bank than a genuinely usable product, but it still made supporting them hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Newt has always been a hypocritical hack.

• Locked thread