Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

chairface posted:

Mickey Knox from Natural Born Killers. Who is fictional. That's about it that I can think of.

The Marquis de Sade was all about arguing that in nature, the strong dominate the weak, so therefore his particular, uh, beliefs were clearly the way God intended the world to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Alhazred posted:

Chimps are known wage war against each others until one group is wiped out.
Male lions who take over a pride kills every cub that the rival sired (so does dolphins).
Sharks kill their siblings while they're still in the womb.
A lot of animals die when they fight each other over a female animal.
Territorial animals (like wolves) will kill rivals that enters their territory.

Also, hamsters eat their own babies. In fact, cannibalism is extremely common among many species.

Nature is metal as gently caress.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Tasmanian devils eat wombats, even though wombats are adorable. :(

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Animals looove death more than a goon abortion doctor.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Subjunctivitis posted:

I got sick of scrolling through all kinds of lovely "Trump's tweets!" cartoons, so in a fit of inspiration, I made this:

:nws::nms:Apologies to Tom of Finland:nms::nws:

I'm not sure if this makes you a hero or a monster.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Subjunctivitis posted:

I got sick of scrolling through all kinds of lovely "Trump's tweets!" cartoons, so in a fit of inspiration, I made this:

Okay I only now noticed what went on in the background :magical:

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Alhazred posted:

Chimps are known wage war against each others until one group is wiped out.

iirc this specific behavior has been observed one time. they absolutely go to war with other groups, but other then that single known example typically the losing group has their males and young more or less wiped with any survivors and females absorbed into the victorious group.

e: which admittedly is probably worse

CoolCab fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jun 18, 2017

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Also, hamsters eat their own babies. In fact, cannibalism is extremely common among many species.

Nature is metal as gently caress.

Yes, except in all of those cases animals usually do these things to survive. Meanwhile, humans get a bug up their rear end about some people in a population of 7 billion being gay or want to dress in a way different than theirs. They have the ability to notice their habitats being destroyed by their own methods of comfort, kill each other in more cruel and longer, less direct ways and lie about doing exactly this all the while; whining that they are moral and just for deliberately want to mutilate their own kind because they don't follow a tenant of dogma.

Animals at least have the decency to only hurt their own or hunt for prey. Humans just want to burn everything down with them because Mah Bibble isn't respected enough.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jun 18, 2017

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Have you seen a housecat with a mouse? That poo poo has nothing to do with survival, it's all joy of killing and playing. The eating afterwards is optional.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I think the point here is that humans have the ability to observe their own behavior and change it for the better.

Instead they burn crosses and torture gay people.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Ularg posted:

I think the point here is that humans have the ability to observe their own behavior and change it for the better.

Instead they burn crosses and torture gay people.

Humans have observed their own behavior and changed it for the better. Human sacrifice, for example, hasn't been a thing for centuries to millennia depending on which continent you're talking about.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Crabtree posted:

Yes, except in all of those cases animals usually do these things to survive. Meanwhile, humans get a bug up their rear end about some people in a population of 7 billion being gay or want to dress in a way different than theirs. They have the ability to notice their habitats being destroyed by their own methods of comfort, kill each other in more cruel and longer, less direct ways and lie about doing exactly this all the while; whining that they are moral and just for deliberately want to mutilate their own kind because they don't follow a tenant of dogma.

Animals at least have the decency to only hurt their own or hunt for prey. Humans just want to burn everything down with them because Mah Bibble isn't respected enough.

I get what you're going for here, but you're wrong. There have been many recorded cases of animals killing for fun. Chimpanzees stab bush babies just for the hell of it and dolphins regularly hunt even when they're not hungry.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Generally speaking, the mammals developed enough to have emotions are also capable of cruelty. In addition to the above mentioned, Dolphins have been observed murdering other marine mammals purely for sport, and there are true stories about elephants deliberately hunting down and killing humans in retaliation for the deaths of family members.

Voyager I fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 18, 2017

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
revenge isn't cruelity tho. the elephant deserves restitution

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Elephant justice is harsh but fair

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
Elephants never forget... to KILL!

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

Stultus Maximus posted:

Humans have observed their own behavior and changed it for the better. Human sacrifice, for example, hasn't been a thing for centuries to millennia depending on which continent you're talking about.

What do you call reality TV shows, then?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LordSloth posted:

What do you call reality TV shows, then?

It's an ugly display of the worst of society, just like your mom.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Ever since the Cambrian Explosion life on this planet has been about killing and dying. Cats kill for fun, some types of orcas kill for fun, but usually it's at least practicing. The orcas who snatch baby elephant seals off the shore line in Chile sometimes eat them, and sometimes let them go. They just wanted the practice. Humans kill everything they can for fun just because they can.

I've often thought that species with more advanced brain development often get so bored that they'll kill something as a form of stimulus. It's not conscious, it's just something we do. You see a little bug crawling across a table, most people will squish it. Not for any reason other than it was there and gave them something to do. Apes in captivity will kill mice and other things and play with their bodies because it's something to do. Serial killers are mentally ill and their reasons for killing may stem from the boredom and stimulation thing, but goes way beyond that and comparing it to a snake defending itself from getting stepped on or a scorpion finding prey is loving stupid.

So when that comic claims that being a serial killer is the same as being gay because killing is found in nature as well as homosexuality, he clearly doesn't understand why death happens in certain circumstances so there's no way he'll understand why it's different. He's probably also the kind of person who gets really offended when we say humans are a species of ape because no, we were made in God's image and we're different! How dare you say I'm a monkey! Because they also won't know that apes aren't monkeys.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Voyager I posted:

there are true stories about elephants deliberately hunting down and killing humans in retaliation for the deaths of family members.

this is the best thing I have ever learned from reading this thread, thank you.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

:perfect:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

well that's, uh, a thing alright

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
Its images like these that reinforce my hope that the pisstape isn't real, because no man and only a few well paid women want to see a body like that.

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Causation or Correlation?

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Stop demonizing gay sex!
:barf:

Both look pretty straight to me.... :shrug: :dong:

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Subjunctivitis posted:

This is the funniest thing I've ever seen in Politoons, and I don't know why.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
The baseball gunman posted my cartoon on his Facebook page. Here’s my response.

It's Tom Toles.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Subjunctivitis posted:

I think you're giving Trump and Garrison a bit too much credit in the, er, "attributes" department.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

MrUnderbridge posted:

I think you're giving Trump and Garrison a bit too much credit in the, er, "attributes" department.

Tom of Finland's drawings are... emphatic. And this is Garrison's imagination.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Subjunctivitis posted:

welp im gay now

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Jedit posted:

A Golden Axe Cartoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt_CNtBVg8o

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

This cartoon makes me the angriest because it implies all of Cuba are controlled by one person, but the ex-Cuba families are free and perfect and blameless.

WHERE THE gently caress DOES THE SECOND GROUP COME FROM YOU IDIOT

MAYBE IMMIGRATION IS A GOOD THING SINCE RUSSIA ALREADY HAS NUKES POINTED AT YOUR FOREHEAD FROM HALF A CONTINENT AWAY

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
how exactly was obama cozying up to the castros rather than trying to help the cuban people?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Panty Saluter posted:

how exactly was obama cozying up to the castros rather than trying to help the cuban people?

Forget it, Panty Saluter. It's politoontown.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

What's especially rich is how Trump has no problem cozying up to dictators like Duterte and Putin.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Panty Saluter posted:

He didn't, he tried to break a Cold War embargo and open trade from one of many island nations in the Caribbean to expand trade in that area

Trump heard "CUBA BAD AND COMMUNIST" and rolled that poo poo back because he is an idiot

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

What exactly is Trump's Cuban policy beyond "undo everything Obama did"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 6 years!)

xthetenth posted:

Tom of Finland's drawings are... emphatic. And this is Garrison's imagination.

My God that's hawt.

• Locked thread