Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nichael posted:

I heard on Meet the Press that they expect the Mueller investigation to go for approximately eighteen months. Is there anyway this government can continue to pseudo-function for a year and a half when an investigation of whether the president is a spy or not goes on that long, and the target of the investigation loses his poo poo on the dumbest communication platform designed by man every morning?

It's not functioning now.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

FizFashizzle posted:

It's not functioning now.

I think it can get worse. Donny's not going to get "less crazy".

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

TRUMP!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Nichael posted:

I heard on Meet the Press that they expect the Mueller investigation to go for approximately eighteen months. Is there anyway this government can continue to pseudo-function for a year and a half when an investigation of whether the president is a spy or not goes on that long, and the target of the investigation loses his poo poo on the dumbest communication platform designed by man every morning?

I'm sure things will be fine. Trump just needs to make sure that all those open positions get filled so other people can...

oh, gently caress.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
trump falls down a set of stairs farting loudly and shouting ow my balls as a solemn CNN anchor announces today is the day donald trump became the president

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

it's definitely going to get worse, note that there hasn't been a single real (global) crisis yet in his presidency

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

trump just rt'd

https://twitter.com/diamondandsilk/status/876441800764010498

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nichael posted:

The other lol is how Trump staff will have to pay their legal costs out of pocket.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

lol these people and their stupid act still exist

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i still don't understand those two

are they a gimmick

do black women who actually support trump exist

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

triple sulk posted:

are they a gimmick

in general black republicans are a gimmick

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I think that if Donny's investigation really does go for 18 months, whether or not he was bluffing recently, Mueller will be fired eventually. I can't see how he lets a guy openly defy him like that for a year and a half straight when he's already cracking after a month.

triple sulk posted:

are they a gimmick

yes, no.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Nichael posted:

were you around for 1998?

the bigger problem from a "government functioning" perspective isn't the investigation, it's the lack of staffing in the bureaucracy. oh, and what little staffing that's been done is of the party stooge variety.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

etalian posted:

in general black/gay/female/jewish/muslim/hispanic/trans republicans are a gimmick

fixed that for you

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

https://twitter.com/arawnsley/status/876536141570330624

Also in Syria today: We shot down a Syrian fighter jet that bombed a SDF position.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Nichael posted:

This sounds like it's based upon previous investigations, not based on how quickly the investigation is actually progressing.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Agronox posted:

were you around for 1998?

the bigger problem from a "government functioning" perspective isn't the investigation, it's the lack of staffing in the bureaucracy. oh, and what little staffing that's been done is of the party stooge variety.

but that's what I'm saying. it's not functioning right now, donny is losing his poo poo regularly on twitter, and something like 3/4s of the executive is MIA. something's got to give here, something's going to break bigly in a way hard to imagine right now.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

This sounds like it's based upon previous investigations, not based on how quickly the investigation is actually progressing.

every time trump tweets the investigation advances 2 months

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

etalian posted:

The other lol is how Trump staff will have to not pay their legal costs out of pocket.

Fixed to reflect how it'll actually go down.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Ekster posted:

every time trump tweets the investigation advances 2 months

yeah, the pundits are stuck in the pre-Escalator mindset. they don't quite grasp yet that Nixon didn't go on Twitter during Watergate and gently caress up any defense he had on a daily basis

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Nichael posted:

but that's what I'm saying. it's not functioning right now, donny is losing his poo poo regularly on twitter, and something like 3/4s of the executive is MIA. something's got to give here, something's going to break bigly in a way hard to imagine right now.

personally i think the GOP is going to have massive infighting sooner or later, especially if they fail their healthcare plans

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

OhFunny posted:

https://twitter.com/arawnsley/status/876536141570330624

Also in Syria today: We shot down a Syrian fighter jet that bombed a SDF position.

good

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Nichael posted:

loving Democrats!! :argh:

(this will be the response to Republicans torpedoing the country and it will be extremely effective)

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

rear end cobra posted:

Donald Trump gives us lmaos

also lmvaos

Altimeter
Sep 10, 2003

s

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Nichael posted:

yeah i'd say the administrative branch is pretty fragile right now. the tell will be what happens when the admin fields its first non-own-goal crisis, like a deepwater horizon or katrina kind of event

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

GobiasIndustries posted:

loving Democrats!! :argh:

(this will be the response to Republicans torpedoing the country and it will be extremely effective)

probably lol

Agronox posted:

yeah i'd say the administrative branch is pretty fragile right now. the tell will be what happens when the admin fields its first non-own-goal crisis, like a deepwater horizon or katrina kind of event

like gobias said, they'll end up blaming Obama for any event like that

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Ekster posted:

personally i think the GOP is going to have massive infighting sooner or later, especially if they fail their healthcare plans

If they lose the ossoff election it's gonna be open season. If they don't, the economy tanking and trump cucking his base in favor of another bailout will do it

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Nichael posted:

he's never going back there again

though I can't blame him, Camp David seems really loving boring

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
img republicans blaming obama for 911

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

deadgoon posted:

i can't remember a single thing obama accomplished in 8 years

obamacare? the legislative disaster that failed horribly and left 26million americans without insurance???

it's really cool how you can tell everyone who turned 18 during Obamas presidency has no idea what he did while everyone who was an adult during bush remembers how hosed healthcare was before

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Nichael posted:

like gobias said, they'll end up blaming Obama for any event like that

i'm not talking about the politics, really--i'm more concerned with the actual on-the-ground facts as to what happens. can something like FEMA or State actually function in a crisis right now? how effectively? my guess would be "not very well" but it could range anywhere from "fine" to "catastrophic."

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

dubya bush will be remembered favorably after trump's presidency is done lmao

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

it's really cool how you can tell everyone who turned 18 during Obamas presidency has no idea what he did while everyone who was an adult during bush remembers how hosed healthcare was before

what's great is ACHA is going to somehow make healthcare worse than it was before Obama.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Nichael posted:

he's never going back there again

though I can't blame him, Camp David seems really loving boring

camp david seems pretty sweet cause the president could just load up on mushrooms and hang out in the woods

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Agronox posted:

i'm not talking about the politics, really--i'm more concerned with the actual on-the-ground facts as to what happens. can something like FEMA or State actually function in a crisis right now? how effectively? my guess would be "not very well" but it could range anywhere from "fine" to "catastrophic."
Yeah, it's hard to say but I suspect it'll lean towards "catastrophic". What's kind of telling is Donny (as far as I know) has yet to say anything about the destroyer or even the London tower fire. Both of which merited a statement by a POTUS in my opinion, despite neither being strictly domestic.

Ekster posted:

dubya bush will be remembered favorably after trump's presidency is done lmao
we're so doomed

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Agronox posted:

No they can't, and they won't, and I have no confidence that proper blame will be attributed to Trump's complete lack of fucks given in regards to running a functioning government. The sad part is we won't know unless something happens.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Also all of the infighting in the world doesn't matter if the dems refuse to offer any sort of alternative to the republicans

There's a really big chance that liberals are going to point to Ossoff winning as a reason why everything is fine and they need to stay the course of bipartisanship and corporate lackeys, which will absolutely get them killed in 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

• Locked thread