Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

Omg is this real?!?!?!

Yup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Chilichimp posted:

Omg is this real?!?!?!

as real as this, friend

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/876548228602368000

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Kilroy posted:

We should at least leave enough around that we can breed them and study them for scientific purposes. I don't see any reason to leave more of them around than that.

It's kinda like smallpox? Some people think we should have eliminated it utterly when we had the chance, but we kept some of it around. Now, that introduces the risk of a smallpox outbreak, but I guess the risk is small enough to be worth it. Who knows? It may come in handy some day. So it goes with Republicans.

Political beliefs are not a genetic trait. You sound like a pre-WWII eugenicist. Jesus christ.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

There Bias Two posted:

Political beliefs are not a genetic trait. You sound like a pre-WWII eugenicist. Jesus christ.
it may be the case that he is espousing views he doesn't actually hold in order to provoke responses.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

BarbarianElephant posted:

You guys sound like ISIS. Whatever we do is right, because the bad guys are bad, up to and including murder? gently caress that!

What makes the left "good"? That we value human life? If we abandon that, and become the same as the Republicans and their "second amendment solutions" what good are we? Are you *trying* to make both sides

Political ideologies taken to the extremes look very similar, which is the basis of the visualization of the political spectrum being a circle, not a line.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

awesmoe posted:

it may be the case that he is espousing views he doesn't actually hold in order to provoke responses.

Kilroy posted:

Now THAT'S what dehumanizing people looks like. If you're going to do it, do it right.

:thunk:

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Kilroy posted:

We don't have the technology to literally dehumanize a person. I mean, maybe making them dead counts? But not dehumanizing them in a way where they can go on thinking. If your brain still works, you're human, and there is nothing anyone can do to change that.

By saying "oh they're not human" you're giving our species a pass it doesn't deserve, and that's dangerous. The Nazis weren't some one-off freak show, what they did was quintessentially human they were just among the first to really do it at scale. If you say they're not human you're deliberately loving up your moral compass, and if enough people do that then our society will develop blind spots that make it easier for Nazis to prosper within it. Please don't do it.

Oh yeah, it's the people who don't tolerate nazis that create nazis.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Wow this thread disintegrates quickly when there's no news

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
What a lovely edgelord troll.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

TildeATH posted:

Oh yeah, it's the people who don't tolerate nazis that create nazis.
I'm not suggesting that you should tolerate Nazis you incredibly dumb rear end.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Volkerball posted:

Over a period of years, perhaps upwards of 100,000 civilians died as a result of Syrian bombings, and everyone opposed doing anything about it because a no fly zone in Syria would start WW3. Now the US downs a Syrian jet and no one even gives a poo poo lol.

HILLARY WILL KILL US ALL WITH HER NO FLY ZONE!

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013
Donald Trump is the first president in over a century to not have a White House pet. Most presidents have had at least one dog. What kind of lovely president doesn't love dogs?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Chilichimp posted:

Applauding it without the caveat that you want it to stop is the same ask asking for more, yes.

Saying "i want some to die doesn't mean i want them all to die" is just a numbers game. How many dead republicans are you okay with? Any republicans or just the turbo evil? Since you claim to not want them all dead... how many have to die before you get uncomfortable with it?

none died.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Kilroy posted:

I'm not suggesting that you should tolerate Nazis you incredibly dumb rear end.

No, you're just rambling back and forth schizophrenically and then bragging about how some people think you're overly tolerant and some people think you're a superpredator.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

donald trump himself is the white house pet. the one that everyone hates because it just screams all day and night and lashes out at all in existence save for family members and everyone else just has to put up with it til it moves to a nice farm upstate.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Dogwood Fleet posted:

Donald Trump is the first president in over a century to not have a White House pet. Most presidents have had at least one dog. What kind of lovely president doesn't love dogs?

Dogs are extremely good and this thread would be way better if all posters were dogs. In fact, if mankind ever meets a benevolent alien society and they ask for proof we are capable of being our best selves, we should probably show them our relationship with dogs, while carefully shoving dogfighting and the awful atrocity that is the pug under the carpet.

Quorum fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jun 18, 2017

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

TildeATH posted:

No, you're just rambling back and forth schizophrenically and then bragging about how some people think you're overly tolerant and some people think you're a superpredator.

The idea that horrible humans are still humans even if you think they need to die isn't really schizophrenic.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TildeATH posted:

*nearby dog's ears perk up*

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

dont even fink about it posted:

Our hate burns too hot. Without a president to direct it towards we squabble among ourselves like Ubisoft Rabbids.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Dogwood Fleet posted:

I've been saying for a while that reporters should start asking Trump if he planned to get a white house dog.

I want to watch him gently caress up that response.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Dogwood Fleet posted:

https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/donald-trump-dogs-investigation/

quote:

Donald Trump has no idea what dogs are or what they do

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

dont even fink about it posted:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

gently caress gently caress gently caress

al-Jazeera: Iran fires missiles at ISIL positions in eastern Syria

quote:

Iran's Revolutionary Guard says it has fired several missiles at ISIL positions in Syria's Deir Az Zor province in retaliation for two deadly attacks in Tehran earlier this month that were claimed by the armed group.

"Medium-range missiles were fired from the (western) provinces of Kermanshah and Kurdestan, and a large number of terrorists were killed and weapons destroyed," the Guard said in a statement published on its Sepahnews website on Sunday.

It said the attack targeted "a command base .. of the terrorists in Deir Ezzor", using a different version of the name for the province in eastern Syria.

"The spilling of any pure blood will not go unanswered," it added.

Iranian television showed footage of the missiles being launched into the night sky.

The firing of the missiles, the first in 30 years outside Iran's own territory, came hours after Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, in a statement on his website, vowed Iran would "slap its enemies" in honour of the victims' families, including those killed in Syria and Iraq.

edit: just for your information, Kermanshah and Kurdestan are in Iran. These things crossed through Iraqi airspace and into Syria.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Trabisnikof posted:

The idea that horrible humans are still humans even if you think they need to die isn't really schizophrenic.

Words are not necessarily literal, you know this right? Language is normative. Terms can be figurative. It's all explained here in this Kung Fu Pamphlet, The Wittgenstein Hand.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

HootTheOwl posted:

HILLARY WILL KILL US ALL WITH HER NO FLY ZONE!

No, it's the Sharia law she wants to impose, dumbass. And the Islam she wants to make mandatory to be taught in all schools.

Sadly I know more than a few die hard Trumpers who honestly believe this.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Covok posted:

That didn't work the last time you did it

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/876558049565188096

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

why didn't chris wallace point out trump/comey discussions weren't protected under attorney/client privilege? and that they weren't leaks.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Didn't see this either

https://twitter.com/monaeltahawy/status/876271279007027200

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...a-a7795036.html

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Your Taint posted:

No, it's the Sharia law she wants to impose, dumbass. And the Islam she wants to make mandatory to be taught in all schools.

Sadly I know more than a few die hard Trumpers who honestly believe this.

We're not talking about trumpers. We're talking about dipshit liberals who couldn't tell the difference between Obama and Bush because of drone bombings in Yemen, and so, sat around and watched god knows how many people die while they felt good because they were preventing an Iraq war. loving idiots.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Nazis were still humans. That didn't lessen their crimes or make them any less deserving of death. In my opinion it made it worse. An animal does not bear responsibility for its actions. A human does. And being happy when cruel, actively harmful people suffer is not some sort of monstrous attitude like some of you so desperately want it to be. Shooting a Nazi does not mean you are just as bad. It means you prevented them from harming others.

People have the right to defend themselves and others from the cruel.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I are so proud of what they do

e: military are proud of what military do?

Groovelord Neato posted:

why didn't chris wallace point out trump/comey discussions weren't protected under attorney/client privilege? and that they weren't leaks.

Yeah, why didn't a fox news personality make a point that showed how loving stupid Trump's lawyer's argument is?

empty whippet box fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jun 18, 2017

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

empty whippet box posted:

Yeah, probably. That's kind of a weird thing to go about saying though "Everyone's so happy to pitch in" basically, which would sound smarmy even coming from a non-Trump.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

That's because it happened many days ago.

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug
I can't wait to find out that our senior government officials are only speaking through their attorneys.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Yeah, why didn't a fox news personality make a point that showed how loving stupid Trump's lawyer's argument is?

It's a combination of giving them enough rope, being honestly incompetent and dumbshit journalists (this is the most common one) and not wanting to scare them off and not be allowed to interview them again

Fake edit oh poo poo you said fox News who are bootlickers but my point still stands for any other news network

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

A lovely Reporter posted:

Nazis were still humans. That didn't lessen their crimes or make them any less deserving of death. In my opinion it made it worse. An animal does not bear responsibility for its actions. A human does. And being happy when cruel, actively harmful people suffer is not some sort of monstrous attitude like some of you so desperately want it to be. Shooting a Nazi does not mean you are just as bad. It means you prevented them from harming others.

People have the right to defend themselves and others from the cruel.

People absolutely have the right to defend themselves against assholes. That doesn't mean they have to revel in inflicting pain upon another to do so. Those are not mutually exclusive things.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Calaveron posted:

It's a combination of giving them enough rope, being honestly incompetent and dumbshit journalists (this is the most common one) and not wanting to scare them off and not be allowed to interview them again

Fake edit oh poo poo you said fox News who are bootlickers but my point still stands for any other news network

See, rather than ask 'why didn't they ask exactly the right questions which any non-brain-damaged person would ask'' I ask 'how utterly hosed must they all be that loving fox news is asking them these questions?'

They're bootlickers, but they're still to the point of pushing Trump's lawyer as much as they did. They are utterly hosed

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

When I was a kid I had a very hard time understanding the word 'dog' as an insult because dogs are awesome.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I've been saying for a while that reporters should start asking Trump if he planned to get a white house dog.

I want to watch him gently caress up that response.

I don't even want to know how he would do this.

Nah, actually I really do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

he was stomping on him apart from not asking that.

• Locked thread