Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ammanas posted:

Just remember,
Joel Embiid will never play a full season
Plagued by knee and foot injuries until his rookie contract is up
The sixers dump him to Orlando

Nah

All they have to do is get him to go 80-90% in the regular season imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

With Simmons and fultz embiid doesn't have to super man just to stay in games

My god . Fultz isos are going to own

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Ty1990 posted:

I can't loving wait until October.

Summer League will also be fun again.

Sixers first game is against the Celtics in the Utah league :)

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

ChickenMedium posted:

The smart money is on the Pacers leaking it, so they can fall back on "we had to trade him!" when they inevitably trade away their best player for scraps.

Excuse me but Justise Winslow is a highly coveted prospect

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Ammanas posted:

Just remember,
Joel Embiid will never play a full season
Plagued by knee and foot injuries until his rookie contract is up
The sixers dump him to Orlando

It's okay. Mo Bamba, drafted with the Lakers 2018 #1 pick, will fill in the gap.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Okay friends, I need a new team now. I'm thinking of the 76ers.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

It's a good choice. I and pretty much every NBA fan has at least one foot in the Sixers bandwagon.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

pubic works project posted:

Come on down.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/876541528101068801
I hope this ends with Tyson Chandler getting waived and going to a team he likes. Lol if he ended up on the Warriors. (I know he isn't the same player but it would still be cool to see him on a contender)

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

All I want in life is for the 76ers to somehow finesse the Lakers into moving up to number 1 to take Ball, ala the Chicago Bears.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Let's do it

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

EvanTH posted:

The average person is a moron and smart people aren't any better

I don't understand why Stern is popular around here when he was responsible for that dog whistle STOP THESE MEN FROM DRESSING LIKE THUGS on top of his decades-long history of being a true anti-player piece of poo poo

at least the dress code completely backfired and now Rich Young Black Men (Oh no!!!) are wearing Expensive Fashions (Oh no!!! Gay!!!)

full outfits of excessively baggy clothes looked silly anyways. Served no purpose except to allow Gilbert to conceal his pistols on the court

I don't have to thank Kanye at all for that he was surfing a wave of dressing well that would have rolled in without him

I don't think people actually like Stern they just think him acting like an over the top wrestling heel in real life was funny.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Ty1990 posted:

Come on down.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Hahahahaha gently caress this god drat franchise.

What in the entire history of the NBA Pacers makes you think they know what they are doing or will make decisions that improve the team? Enjoy games, watch cool plays and players while they are forced to be here, if they make the playoffs that's a bonus. This aint a Championship chasing team.

What's the worst place to trade him? Just send him there so he has to suffer for a year.

gently caress that, send him somewhere awesome for cheap so he can get some rings. He is fun as gently caress to watch and deserves some happiness. He sure as hell has given me a few years of it.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Eltoasto posted:

Let's do it

Let's Trust The Process!!

Eltoasto posted:

Let's do it

Let's Trust The Process!!

Athanatos posted:

What in the entire history of the NBA Pacers makes you think they know what they are doing or will make decisions that improve the team? Enjoy games, watch cool plays and players while they are forced to be here, if they make the playoffs that's a bonus. This aint a Championship chasing team.

gently caress that, send him somewhere awesome for cheap so he can get some rings. He is fun as gently caress to watch and deserves some happiness. He sure as hell has given me a few years of it.

Oh I know this franchise won't ever win a title. But drat I at least want them to consistently make the playoffs and do cool stuff.

I'm on the fence with PG because Bird really hosed things up and acts like a huge rear end in a top hat. PG didn't deserve that.

But then he doesn't do himself any favors by acting like a childish bitch half the time. Or telling everyone he's focused on winning championships in Indiana and playing here and then two days later having your agent leak this poo poo.

pubic works project fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jun 18, 2017

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Redgrendel2001 posted:

It's okay. Mo Bamba, drafted with the Lakers 2018 #1 pick, will fill in the gap.
Trigger warning: Mo Bamba's birthdate
Stop moving forward, time. No fair

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/876562610350694402

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Paul George is somehow going to end up being Durant's backup next season.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I'm pretty sure he's eligible for next year's draft and he's basically the same age as Porter, Ayton, Robert Williams, and Miles Bridges???

Unless you mean there's an age controversy, but I haven't heard of that.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Kawhi turning in MVP-level seasons while being several years younger than me is some bullshit on this front.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I'm pretty sure he's eligible for next year's draft and he's basically the same age as Porter, Ayton, Robert Williams, and Miles Bridges???

Unless you mean there's an age controversy, but I haven't heard of that.

Pro basketball players should not be allowed to have been born in 1997 and 1998.

You ask Fultz where he was on 9/11 and he won't remember.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I see people acting like Love-for-George would a good gamble for the Cavs, but other than potentially improving how they match up with the Warriors (and I don't even take this as a given), the downside way outweighs the upside there, right? You can say "oh Lebron is gonna leave if they lose next year anyway, so you might as well go for it," but wouldn't you rather retool with Kyrie and Love locked down instead of just going all-in against a juggernaut in 2018

Who else should be interested in renting PG? Boston probably has enough excess pieces to try to sell him on winning. Morey could see it as the kind of Hail Mary play Houston needs to have an outside shot at contention. The Clippers, if they had anything worthwhile to trade.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

At least I still have Lance.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Presti gonna go all in on kanter for pg

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

real lovely of PGto slo-mo steal his teammates' gatorade then bolt on them

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Paul George would be good on the Rockets.

I mean they don't have poo poo to trade for him, but a man can dream, a man can dream.

WhyteRyce posted:

I'm there Friday through Sunday the first week but I'm a mix of super obnoxious and super boring. Feel free to say hi or hang out anyway

Could you make your heckling of Zhou Qi constructive, like maybe try and convince him to eat a sandwich??

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
i appear to have underestimated the "every other team is insanely retarded" aspect of The Process

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

chunkles posted:

Paul George would be good on the Rockets.

I mean they don't have poo poo to trade for him, but a man can dream, a man can dream.

Could you make your heckling of Zhou Qi constructive, like maybe try and convince him to eat a sandwich??

The Rockets would continue to be my western conference team if he went there.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Hahahahahhahhaahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhhahahahahahahahahha!

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/876568119451541505

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-paul-george-tells-pacers-plans-leave-franchise-prefers-joining-lakers-191520531.html

quote:

In the past 24 hours, Pritchard has become more aggressive in pursuing trades for George, league sources told The Vertical. Pritchard has yet to show an inclination to engage the Lakers, but has discussed deals with several teams – including Cleveland – in which the expectation of teams would be that George is a “one-year rental.” It is unclear how robust those offers to Indiana will ultimately be, given that teams believe he will sign with the Lakers next summer. So far, Indiana is asking for a substantial package of talent and draft picks for George, league sources said.

Good luck with that, Kevin

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Hahahahahhahhaahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhhahahahahahahahahha!

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/876568119451541505

Excellent .

Cle seems to maybe have one year left so they should go for broke .

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

chunkles posted:

He does eat a sandwich but it's asian style so it's light fresh and healthy

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Speaking of Zhou Qi training, here's some hilarious Rockets training footage

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/875066337386786816

that KB swing is atrocious

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Your post is good because it also works if the Cavs actually trade Love for George

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Surely no team would do it unless they thought it gave them a legit finals shot and that a taste of winning would cure his Laker fever?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

If Cleveland gets George and doesn't figure out how to dump Sjumpert or TT or someone that is gonna be one hell of a tax bill

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Can't wait for the Cavs to trade Kevin Love for George and then George and LeBron both go to the Lakers in free agency together after next season

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Sure Cleveland. Send us TT. Thompson and Turner would form the Two Towers and gently caress Gondor's poo poo up.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

They gotta match salaries so some has to go. They have no one expiring with a big contract and no assets except post Lebron picks. Dumping Kyrie or Love would be the only option unless Pacers like the idea of a TT Turner froncourt and that seems extremely lateral to me. Don't see it happening, but maybe TT plus a far future pick and Phoenix gets a second for Chandler? Far fetched

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

chunkles posted:

Speaking of Zhou Qi training, here's some hilarious Rockets training footage

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/875066337386786816

that KB swing is atrocious

Fine those men for doing the big balls dance.

• Locked thread