Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

psydude posted:

I really don't have a problem with us shooting down Syrian planes.

It isn't that Assad needs removing, it's that you don't want to do it because of the implication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Casimir Radon posted:

Friendship ended with Bashar, now Mushroom Cloud is my best friend.

Was going to post the shootdown per Reuters, but as usual I'm beaten to the punch.

I eagerly await the day we openly team up with Iran to fight ISIS.

Probably never going to happen, but I can dream. What a time to be alive.

Arc Light fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jun 18, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Bolow posted:

I don't give a poo poo if people are wealthy but they need to actually do something with their money besides just hoard it like a loving dragon.

those jets dont fuel themselves

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

TBeats posted:

those jets dont fuel themselves

Those bladders don't empty themselves.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Alex Jones is just a crisis conspiracist, designed to misdirect for the government to commit mass shootings.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

It isn't that Assad needs removing, it's that you don't want to do it because of the implication.

Oh I'm fully cognizant of his ouster resulting in Iraq 3.0. But that doesn't mean I can't be satisfied with us shooting down an rear end in a top hat or two every now and again.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
I'm not quite sure, but is the first US air to air jet kill since Serbia? I don't recall any during Libya or Iraq 2. So this is the first in two decades?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

farraday posted:

I'm not quite sure, but is the first US air to air jet kill since Serbia? I don't recall any during Libya or Iraq 2. So this is the first in two decades?

I thought we claimed a air kill in Afghanistan that turned out to be a turkey buzzard.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Taliban did have a jet of two back in the 90s. Don't know if they still did by 2001 though.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Trump is extending the families of the deceased sailors discounted stays at any of his hotels.

See you don't know if this is real or I'm joking.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Is there any footage of air combat from the ground?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
We might get lucky here, but even if someone was running their GoPro, it would probably look like some contrails terminating in puffballs, with an Allah Ackbar backbeat.

Bolow posted:

I don't give a poo poo if people are wealthy but they need to actually do something with their money besides just hoard it like a loving dragon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppGd-2nEOVQ&t=21s

FYI, if you haven't seen this movie, you really should.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Another vehicle just collided with a bunch of pedestrians in London. Can't catch a break.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Suicide Watch posted:

Is there any footage of air combat from the ground?

not that ive seen but I've been driving the last 5 hours so I havent been looking

here's an official statement though

https://twitter.com/CT_operative/status/876537052485083136

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Also the British are terrible drivers

https://twitter.com/CBCAlerts/status/876596057538539520

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

psydude posted:

Oh I'm fully cognizant of his ouster resulting in Iraq 3.0. But that doesn't mean I can't be satisfied with us shooting down an rear end in a top hat or two every now and again.

Look buddy, everyone's satisfied after shooting down an rear end in a top hat or two

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Blind Rasputin posted:

Another vehicle just collided with a bunch of pedestrians in London. Can't catch a break.

Maybe the brits just suck at driving

e: fb
e: Actually, brits really do suck at driving. Oh no, there's a car stopped way off on to the side on the hard shoulder! Let's all come to a complete standstill as we pass it.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Can't wait till anti driving legislation decongests cities

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

cowboy elvis posted:

Trump is extending the families of the deceased sailors discounted stays at any of his hotels.

See you don't know if this is real or I'm joking.

Didn't even consider it might be a joke until the second line

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Serious question: where are all the bollards? It's not like we don't have a solution to preventing accidental or intentional rammings, just install standard bollards wherever you have the potential for high-volume, same-grade vehicle and foot traffic.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

Those bladders don't empty themselves.

fcukin brits need better schools

it's a shame really

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Sounds like someone was trying to hit people coming out of prayer from a mosque. Eye for an eye?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Zeris posted:

Didn't even consider it might be a joke until the second line

I was about to say it couldn't be real because Trump would never cut someone a discount, but then I considered he'd probably just write it off as a charitable donation.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Sounds like someone was trying to hit people coming out of prayer from a mosque. Eye for an eye?

that's why everyone should be polite to one another.

SwampDonkey fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jun 19, 2017

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Brown Moses, have you seen any confirmation on Al Baghdadi getting waxed? I trust you more than I trust the Russians...

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

bulletsponge13 posted:

Brown Moses, have you seen any confirmation on Al Baghdadi getting waxed? I trust you more than I trust the Russians...

You should probably ask in dnd, has he ever posted here (I think maybe he did about the caro stuff?)

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

bulletsponge13 posted:

I went to check bellingcat to see if there was anything on it and discovered that there's numerous Russian-backed English Language sites trying to discredit it.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

sharknado slashfic posted:

You should probably ask in dnd, has he ever posted here (I think maybe he did about the caro stuff?)

He posts in here all the time. The title of the Combat Camera thread is a direct quote from him in that thread.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

farraday posted:

Since 1999, I think.

The Iraqi CSAF in 2003 was a killjoy/smart in that regard.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Though, I did think I was posting it in Combat Camera. Whatever, he'll see it eventually.

Yeah, he is hated by the ProRussian people. The comments on his video he did with Vice (?) tracking the Russian trooper through open source material to where he was in Ukraine had A LOT of hateful, lovely, and stupid comments from people that don't like him. I've also seen a few English written Pro Russian sites where they were plotting to discredit him. It was kind of funny in a horrifying way.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Motive posted on the latest British carmageddon.

Killing muslims.

https://twitter.com/chrisgeidner/status/876632782671421442

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
"religion of peace"

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Meanwhile, in the DC area, some subhuman shithead abducted a Muslim girl as she was leaving a mosque and apparently beat her to death before dumping her in a pond.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...fa4f_story.html

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

suboptimal posted:

Meanwhile, in the DC area, some subhuman shithead abducted a Muslim girl as she was leaving a mosque and apparently beat her to death before dumping her in a pond.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...fa4f_story.html

gently caress :(

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Goddammit :smith:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

That's... That's really loving terrible.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I guess . . . ugh. I know they're all kids; nobody thought to get a description of the vehicle or take a picture of the plates?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Dude appears to be in custody, but still...really loving terrible. On top of that: Imagine waking up on father's day to the death of your little girl

:smith:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Dude appears to be in custody, but still...really loving terrible. On top of that: Imagine waking up on father's day to the death of your little girl

:smith:

And for hateful terrible people to vocally and publicly say awful things regarding the situation. Because we don't deserve life on this Earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
London police are calling that van attack a "major incident."

lol....

• Locked thread