Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Hellsau posted:

Top 8 spoiler alert: UB Taking Turns (quadsleeved) in at 6th place

I'm traveling currently. Someone please post screenshots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Elyv posted:

E: vvv I had no loving clue but I think Plague Wind would have been a reasonable guess and would never gotten Omniscience vvv

Star Man posted:

I'm not the only one that guessed Plague Wind for the invocation spoiler, right? Nothing about that card screams Omniscience to me.

Errant Gin Monks posted:

I was guessing damnation.

I was guessing Decree of Annihilation.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Quad sleeving seems like it opens up for a lot of cheating with all of the ways you can slightly manipulate orientation and such.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Boxman posted:

I've only used their product for games with weird storage requirements, but the build quality on Broken Token stuff is nice. Maybe, for a $13k cube, springing for a custom engraved box would be neat?

Thanks to everyone who responded to me. I'll have to look into this when I get home tomorrow. I'll probably get some kind of fireproof case if I can find anything that will work.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

The Human Crouton posted:

Quad sleeving seems like it opens up for a lot of cheating with all of the ways you can slightly manipulate orientation and such.

I would be exceptionally suspicious of someone triple or quad sleeving if their deck isn't worth more than ten thousand dollars. It'd be too easy to hide a pattern of cuts/scratches on a small area of the colored/patterned sleeve under two layers of covers that wouldn't be readily visible until you know what to look for.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
Yeah i haven't even seen a vintage deck quad sleeved. A silly foiled out modern deck makes me raise my eyebrow.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

AlternateNu posted:

I was guessing Decree of Annihilation.

Nah, the artwork isn't red enough. I guessed Plague Wind because it features one of the plagues of Moses: locusts.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I think the idea of watching an extra turns deck is more interesting than actually watching an extra turns deck, I'd rather watch this Rallier Company Zoo deck

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
quad-sleeving is kinda weird but idk he could just be paranoid, i wouldn't jump to assuming he's cheating

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
He is quad sleeved because its a gimmick that people are going to keep talking about.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
No, Gaby, watching someone masturbate while their opponent just sits there waiting for you to finish isn't much fun.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

no shadow in t8, haha

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
No Grixis Shadow in Top 8. Ha!

I'm going to modify Wescoe's G/W Hatebears deck a bit and run it.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Star Man posted:

No, Gaby, watching someone masturbate while their opponent just sits there waiting for you to finish isn't much fun.
i actually enjoy making my opponents deal with that poo poo.

flashback to stanislaf cifka's eggs in RtR finals. behold, the ultimate in ev+ masturbation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZDaM4VpSBk

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Sestze posted:

flashback to stanislaf cifka's eggs in RtR finals. behold, the ultimate in ev+ masturbation

I suppose I could get a lot out of that $90 entry fee if I spent it on camgirls instead.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Decklists!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Thank you for posting this

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

A friend of mine narrowly missed top 8 on BW Pox, which I did not know was a thing.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

That first deck is DnT not hatebears, give it some credit!

Lots of affinity, burn and Tron, surprised DS didn't make the cut

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Marketing New Brain posted:

The blue spell seems like garbage, anticipate was already bad, I don't think a 3cmc peer through depths is better, and 3 mana leaks are beyond awful.

FWIW, a modal spell simply being more expensive than either half's standalone cost isn't a good reason to call it garbage.

edit: not to mention the fact that the second mode is miles better than Anticipate, and I don't know why you're bringing up Peer Through Depths when it is literally just Impulse

MiddleEastBeast fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jun 19, 2017

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Looks like Daniel took a Wong turn

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!

Star Man posted:

Looks like Daniel took a Wong turn

He wasn't willing to roll up his sleeves and put in the hustle he needed to win.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Sestze posted:

My favorite Eggs match is still the one where Brian Kibler (with a judge's permission) wrote "F6" on a piece of paper and walked away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPM2d1q3-Gc

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I'm guessing Living End or Living Death for this invocation.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

MiddleEastBeast posted:

FWIW, a modal spell simply being more expensive than either half's standalone cost isn't a good reason to call it garbage.

edit: not to mention the fact that the second mode is miles better than Anticipate

The second mode is Impulse. Calling it Anticipate or PEER THROUGH DEPTHS??? is pretty dumb imo. Especially when neither of those cards can ever counter a spell.

Also that 3 mana BFZ Leak for 4 has seen a non-zero amount of play. Add on the fact that it's good card selection if you need it to be and it's a very good card. It really needs some good 2 mana removal (Abrade/Harnessed Lightning/Fatal Push) to make it playable in standard.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Star Man posted:

nope. Threads of Disloyalty.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Star Man posted:

(I was going Debtor's Knell or Army of the Damned)

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.

Elyv posted:

(I was going Debtor's Knell or Army of the Damned)

I was certain it was Army of the Damned.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Living End has too much text to fit on that frame.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Star Man posted:

nope. Threads of Disloyalty.

The question is, which creature card is holding the scythe.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

I'm going to guess Armageddon.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Star Man posted:

I'm going to guess Armageddon.

Abrupt Decay. Isn't that the 3 mana lock-down temple thing? (The only one I've gotten right so far was Slaughter Pact.)

Also, I just noticed they call the burn deck in the top 8 "Naya," but the only green spells are 4 Destructive Revelry in the sideboard.

^^^^^^^^^^
Edit: Good call. :v:

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jun 19, 2017

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
The art on these masterpieces is so cool I wish they would do them as full arts like some of the promos.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Holy poo poo I got it right.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

my first was all is dust but I figured out that was wrong before they actually posted it because they're obviously not going to have nicky b cast an eldrazi spell

didn't get to geddon though

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

lol

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
lol

LSV: "They're taking longer to sideboard than game one took."

e:

And now the Affinity player who won game 1 in 2 turns is mulling to 4 at the start of game 2...

e2: and is winning lol wtf

Entropic fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jun 19, 2017

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

Also, I just noticed they call the burn deck in the top 8 "Naya," but the only green spells are 4 Destructive Revelry in the sideboard.

the u/b turns deck had all of like, 5 black spells, it's just convention to mention every castable color in the name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
No Death's Shadow ban!