Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
I think Beltran has a much better chance than Edmonds. I love Edmonds and even I can admit Beltran has a better chance. Was Edmonds EVER the best player on his own team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Pancakes posted:

I think Beltran has a much better chance than Edmonds. I love Edmonds and even I can admit Beltran has a better chance. Was Edmonds EVER the best player on his own team?

Looks like his best season he was, hilariously, the third best player on his team. But according to BR he was the best player on his team in 2002 even though he finished behind Pujols in the MVP race. Also, hilariously, he wasn't an all-star in either of his best seasons, but he was in both the seasons after his best seasons which just shows that fan voting is funny and probably retroactive.

Edit: He was the best player on the world beater 1996 California Angels haha.

Edit: Final list of teams he was the best player for according to B-R: 1996 Angels, 2000 Cards, 2002 Cards.

alpha_destroy fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jun 17, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pancakes posted:

Beltran has a better chance than Edmonds by default because Edmonds has to get in through veterans committee in like 30 years now.
though we can still put him in our hall this offseason

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Adam Wilk got DFAed by the Twins in between the two games of the double header. That's gotta hurt.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I think Yovani Gallardo is cooked. He can't seem to go any game without coughing up several runs in the first inning. Also, Dan Altavilla is super bad. Wanna guess which 2 pitchers have pitched for the Mariners today? :shepface:

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Gleyber Torres slid into home plate and the Buffalo catcher crashed down on his extended arm and was taken out of the game. Torres claims to have heard a popping sound in his wrist. So it looks like the Yankees are going to be stuck with Chase Headley at 3rd all year.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

ihatepants posted:

Gleyber Torres slid into home plate and the Buffalo catcher crashed down on his extended arm and was taken out of the game. Torres claims to have heard a popping sound in his wrist. So it looks like the Yankees are going to be stuck with Chase Headley at 3rd all year.

Is that ARod's music?

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

ihatepants posted:

Please massively overpay for Miguel Sano so he and Judge can mash pitches on the same roster.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paracaidas posted:

Please massively overpay for Miguel Sano so he and Judge can mash pitches on the same roster.

what the gently caress is this poo poo

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

ihatepants posted:

Give us Torres and some other prospects for Donaldson

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

ihatepants posted:

And thus the Yankee's bizarre insistence on rushing a 20 year old through the minors to occupy a spot that is not his natural position, despite both him and his AAA manager claiming he's not ready yet, comes to a close. Probably, anyway.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Sydin posted:

And thus the Yankee's bizarre insistence on rushing a 20 year old through the minors to occupy a spot that is not his natural position, despite both him and his AAA manager claiming he's not ready yet, comes to a close. Probably, anyway.

What? This happened in AAA. He was sliding into home.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
No star player's wrist is safe from the Blue Jays' wrath.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
To be fair, given that the Jays started Luke Maile today, I can understand thinking that "the Buffalo catcher" referred to the major league team.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Inspector_666 posted:

What? This happened in AAA. He was sliding into home.

I know, I was talking about the reported plan for the Yankees to have him playing 3B in the Majors by the ASB.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Sydin posted:

I know, I was talking about the reported plan for the Yankees to have him playing 3B in the Majors by the ASB.

Oh, I thought you were insinuating that the injury was the result of said rushing.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Inspector_666 posted:

Oh, I thought you were insinuating that the injury was the result of said rushing.

No, I was insinuating that the injury will prevent said rushing. :v:

In retrospect it wasn't phrased that well.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I imagine the talk was at least partly to try and tamper down the evitable call for them to make a deadline deal for 3B. Selling Torres as the guy Headley's keeping the seat warm for might help temper calls to move him or other prospects for a temporary replacement. Over hyping his arrival date could just be a PR game.

Or they could be prospect drunk with the success they've had.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

All this baby blue sucks

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

bumming your scene posted:

All this baby blue sucks
Is it a Father's Day thing?

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Is it a Father's Day thing?

Yes

Jesus gently caress the Dodgers still aren't on TV in LA?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/mlb/la-sp-dodgers-tv-shaikin-20170617-story.html

Only 21 more years until they can return, apparently

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

All this baby blue sucks

It took me a couple confused moments to realize we weren't playing the Royals today :v:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

AT&T: Not Even Once.

Wait. AT&T is the stadium sponsor for the Giants.

[img-maxres-:tinfoil:]

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Orlando Arcia me a sweet put out then hit an inside the park home run yesterday. Then Brewers happened. Still cool to see.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Yes

Cox, DirecTV and AT&T illegally colluded against TWC to ice them out. There's a federal suit that was brought under Obama's DOJ that I'm sure will now be dropped.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
remember when mlb made it nearly impossible to be a hitter on fathers day 2017

https://twitter.com/TroyRenck/status/876480808294522881

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://streamable.com/24j8e

lol Votto

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
N: Tigers recalling Anibal Sanchez, who has a 5.17 era in 15 IP... In AAA.

V: blow up this lovely team and take out the entire AL central division while you're at it

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Brewers had a GC for the first time in a loooooong while.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I really hope no one's left on the current Giants roster after the trade deadline except for Buster Posey, Madison Bumgarner, and the rookies.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

in case you didn't love Clayton Kershaw already:

https://twitter.com/RLeesam/status/876579500104065027

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I thought Zack Hample was cool.

Then I found out how much of a douchewaffle he is.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I really hope no one's left on the current Giants roster after the trade deadline except for Buster Posey, Madison Bumgarner, and the rookies.

Seems like there's going to be an awful lot of sellers at the wire this year.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

elentar posted:

Seems like there's going to be an awful lot of sellers at the wire this year.

I'm worried about the opposite in the AL. Seems like the entire league can kinda somewhat reasonably (if you squint) tell themselves they're still in it right now.

e: it's not even teams fooling themselves after looking again. I mean the A's are currently the worst AL team and they're 4.5 back of the wild card in June.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jun 19, 2017

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Carlosologist posted:

in case you didn't love Clayton Kershaw already:

https://twitter.com/RLeesam/status/876579500104065027

Wow, that logic is terrible.

Also, how is Zack Hamples still allowed in baseball stadiums?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Kershaw is a loving treasure

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

Wow, that logic is terrible.

Also, how is Zack Hamples still allowed in baseball stadiums?
It's also laughable since Kershaw spends his winters literally building schools in Africa

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I don't think I've ever seen two fouls off a shin in the same AB.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

who is zack hample? dodgers beat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
During the final week at the old Yankee Stadium, Hample gained worldwide recognition by catching home run balls on consecutive nights. On September 16, 2008, he made a leaping catch on a Jason Giambi home run and immediately celebrated with a goofy dance that was captured on TV. The following night, in nearly exactly the same spot in the right field bleachers, Hample reached far over a railing to make a backhanded catch on a Johnny Damon home run and celebrated with the same dance.[3] The Yankees' announcers recognized him from the previous game, and within the next 24 hours the story was covered by ESPN, CBS, NBC, FOX, CNN International, Japanese TV, and many other media outlets. Yahoo! Sports initially acknowledged Hample's baseball-snagging skills, but did not know that it was he who had made the catches.[4]
Less than two weeks later, on September 28, 2008, Hample caught the last home run ever hit by a Mets player at Shea Stadium, this one off the bat of Carlos Beltrán.[5]

• Locked thread