Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I thought Jamal Murray was Denver's PG of the future. Or he should be, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Nuclear trade: Irving, Al Jefferson, and PG to the Clippers, Jordan and Crispy Hole to Cleveland, TT, Jane "Humbert" Humbert, and picks to Indiana.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

can we get some rumors with PG being a part of the Sixers-Celtics trade? That'd be some real offseason poo poo.

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Tae posted:

I thought Jamal Murray was Denver's PG of the future. Or he should be, anyway.

He didn't get a lot of minutes at PG until late last season, but I'd be fine with him starting next year. Jokic does a ton of the playmaking anyway.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I like Murray but I don't think he's a PG

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Denver should pay Mudiay to go to summer league, so he destroys a bunch of first year players and looks awesome and then trade him in late July when teams have missed out on their point guards and are desperate.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

can we get some rumors with PG being a part of the Sixers-Celtics trade? That'd be some real offseason poo poo.

Sixers get PG
Indiana gets Boston's now #3 pick
Boston gets a bunch of conditional picks in 2025.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Portland should really be in the mix for PG. They have the assets with Harkless, Vonleh, Crabbe, Aminu and 3 2017 first round picks. And they are in the position to swing for the fences for a Lillard/CJ/PG/X/Nurkic line up.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Portland should really be in the mix for PG. They have the assets with Harkless, Vonleh, Crabbe, Aminu and 3 2017 first round picks. And they are in the position to swing for the fences for a Lillard/CJ/PG/X/Nurkic line up.

Dejan's suggestion is a good one, it makes sense for everyone

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Here is how Portland Doesn't Suck:
Crabbe, 15, 26 for PG

Turner, Harkless, 20 for Melo.

There, Blaze It.

Dame, CJ, PG, Melo, Nurk. Bring on 2nd place in the west!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Crabbe and Turner are more likely to be salary dumped with the Blazers giving up picks than actually getting players.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The only positive ramification of the Warriors winning it all is KD is back on his twitter bullshit

https://twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/876595568121970688

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Here is how Portland Doesn't Suck:
Crabbe, 15, 26 for PG

Turner, Harkless, 20 for Melo.

There, Blaze It.

Dame, CJ, PG, Melo, Nurk. Bring on 2nd place in the west!

I'd rather have someone who plays D at the 4 in that lineup than Melo and that's a really expensive team.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Spoeank posted:

The only positive ramification of the Warriors winning it all is KD is back on his twitter bullshit

Durant artfully dodges denying that he likes when girls fart in his face. Kevin Durant canonically likes girls farting in his face now

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Spoeank posted:

This girl has 100,000+ tweets and half of them are about KD.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

xbilkis posted:

Durant artfully dodges denying that he likes when girls fart in his face. Kevin Durant canonically likes girls farting in his face now

yet who among us does not...let he who is without sin cast the first stone

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

chunkles posted:

yet who among us does not...let he who is without sin cast the first stone

I'm the one who does the farting

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/876602720987340800

lol good luck

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/876612131680071680

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

May as well aim high but that seems like high enough to scare away counteroffers

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Buckle up y'all.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Spoeank posted:

That's not a denial.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

xbilkis posted:

So is girls farting on your face an evolution of girls sitting on your face

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Kris Dunn + Bjelica for PG.

(not a serious proposal)

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Paracaidas posted:

Kris Dunn + Bjelica for PG.

(not a serious proposal)

:frogout:

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
If Cavs can get PG they might be able to make a serious run at GS with a smallish LeBron/PG frontcourt

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

who are the big contenders for PG? I'd say LA, Boston, really anyone who's a cut under the Cavs, the Cavs themselves? I can't imagine a western conference team other than LA getting in the mix with the Warriors ready to poo poo on everyone over the next two years

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
I've got one omer asik and some far in the future draft picks for you, Indiana.

I can guarantee Omer's ability to help you tank.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 19, 2017

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Love has been absolute garbage against the Warriors the last 2 years, so I can see the Cavs interest if they feel like a winning team would keep PG around, which I bet it would. As for Indy getting Love, well he's a white star player so they'd like it, but he'd be a terrible fit next to Turner. Just trade him to whatever team with cap room will give you the best pick and throw all your money at Hayward. When that doesn't work, do a full rebuild. That's my plan but the owners won't do that because rebuilds mean no money.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

Love has been absolute garbage against the Warriors the last 2 years, so I can see the Cavs interest if they feel like a winning team would keep PG around, which I bet it would. As for Indy getting Love, well he's a white star player so they'd like it, but he'd be a terrible fit next to Turner. Just trade him to whatever team with cap room will give you the best pick and throw all your money at Hayward. When that doesn't work, do a full rebuild. That's my plan but the owners won't do that because rebuilds mean no money.

Yeah I really wish Simon would just kick the bucket already.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
If the Hawks trade for George he might impregnate so many strippers that it would be easier for him to just stay

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

I've got this propped up weekend at bernie's version of Jameer Nelson. Technically he was a starter. I mean, he started a bunch(started decomposing).

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/theScore/status/876502777014439937

I too am trying to trade for Anthony Davis.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Yeah I mean sure he's a great fit but come on. They wouldn't trade him for anything before giving Cousins/Davian a season

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I unironically want the cavs to get PG. Let's kick this superteam business into higher gear.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

DeimosRising posted:

Yeah I mean sure he's a great fit but come on. They wouldn't trade him for anything before giving Cousins/Davian a season

yea, I cant imagine they would trade him for anyone other than 4-5 players players, and the Celtics have none of them

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/theScore/status/876502777014439937

I too am trying to trade for Anthony Davis.

The sourcing in that story is hilarious. A throwaway line in some article says Boston and 28 other teams would like to trade for Anthony Davis

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

morestuff posted:

The sourcing in that story is hilarious. A throwaway line in some article says Boston and 28 other teams would like to trade for Anthony Davis

lol I didn't click through but yeah it's just absurd to think that any team thinks that's a realistic target

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
What's even the point of that leak, is it just danny ainge trying to put some noise out there so people will go hey look he's trying, he's trying really hard okay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
don't think thats Ainge.. isn't thescore just some app? how or why would they break any news?

• Locked thread