Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

p-hop posted:

I can't remember which, but I think some of azmodunk's abilities are colored for the "original" skin regardless which of the three you use. So if you're :sperg: about that then get the original. I really like the purple one personally.

NO YOU IDIOT!! THE NBA JAM ON FIRE SNEAKERS ARE THE BEST MOUNT IN THE GAME AND THEY'RE FREE WITH AZMODUNK SKIN!!!!

the purple banner mount is very dope with the purple super hero Sonya skin tho

The purple one makes the dunk purple too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

p-hop posted:

NO YOU IDIOT!! THE NBA JAM ON FIRE SNEAKERS ARE THE BEST MOUNT IN THE GAME AND THEY'RE FREE WITH AZMODUNK SKIN!!!!

gently caress YOU I'M GONNA COLOR COORDINATE MY HEROES AND THEIR MOUNTS AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I don't know how we managed to win this game :psyduck: We eventually won by being able to win a single teamfight and clean up enough to both get a bunch of their core down and get basically all the mercs. But the Xul and Butcher just were dying constantly. Eventually our trash whittled the core down while we fought over a shrine near the end and they weren't paying attention to it

I mean I died a lot too but I'm Murky

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I finally got around to leveling Kerrigan to 5, and I have to say:

good god is it fun to leap at everything with low HP and never die or run out of mana

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

So I just did an AI match then and the AI had a Tychus... that was using the summer skin. He even took Odin! I don't think there's a unique model for swimsuit Odin yet because it was the plain old boring Dominion one.

I got a video of it in action but my room mate would make the highest pitch scream at me if I slow down the internet in any way.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Yup. That can happen. :negative: I need the swimsuit boy

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Bogart posted:

Yup. That can happen. :negative: I need the swimsuit boy

It looks really good in game that I can confirm.

EDIT: Swimsuit Tychus now with extra video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmiZdd5MUNs

Spudd fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jun 18, 2017

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Spudd posted:

So I just did an AI match then and the AI had a Tychus... that was using the summer skin. He even took Odin! I don't think there's a unique model for swimsuit Odin yet because it was the plain old boring Dominion one.

I got a video of it in action but my room mate would make the highest pitch scream at me if I slow down the internet in any way.
This happens when they add stuff to a patch but don't make it open to players. Back when the game first launched they'd do this thing where they added two heroes in a patch, but would wait about three weeks before letting people play the second one. But anything that randomly selected heroes would give a very small chance to be that hero. I definitely remember a few people playing Johanna and Artanis weeks before release.

If you got extremely lucky in Brawl, you might get to play as Summer Tychus/Tracer.

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts

p-hop posted:

good god is it fun to leap at everything with low HP and never die or run out of mana

Kerrigan is a loving awesome fun time. I've been digging illidan more and more recently, too. So much movement, so much lifesteal and so loving hard to catch :discourse:

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
That's too bad there's no Thor remodel though. Giant robot with a pool floatie around it would have been awesome

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The final game of Dig versus Fnatic. :stare:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Just a fan mockup, but my god I wish:

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
uncle sam greymane on the treasure goblin mount is some top tier commentary

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

There was a lot of talk back in the day of HOTS getting its own editor and Arcade and custom games, but Blizzard has significantly scaled back those efforts because there's not much of a point. The HOTS engine is nearly identical to Starcraft II's engine, to the point where you can wholesale copy and paste HOTS assets and abilities and such directly into the Galaxy editor with little trouble. This video showcasing unreleased skins and this video demonstrating a potential Widowmaker implementation were both done using Starcraft II, for instance. On top of that, the improvements made to the engine for HOTS's sake (for example, before HOTS came along, SCII could not make effects with linear, rectangular, or cone-shaped effect areas - they all had to be a circle of some variety) are regularly back-ported into Starcraft II for use by the Starcraft II Arcade Developers.

Couple all that with the fact that Starcraft II and the Arcade have been free for some time, and there's very little chance that HOTS will ever see an Arcade of its own.

AlphaKeny1 posted:

I just had a game where our immortal at nearly 100% health destroyed a keep and got stuck behind it because the pathing couldn't figure out how to get to the tower......

Also malthael does a ton of damage to immortals during the battle phase, but doesn't do that much after that phase for some reason?
It's because of how the health of the Immortals is converted between the Objective and Active phases. If I recall correctly, during the Objective phase (aka when the two Immortals are dueling), the Immortal has the full value of health (so for example let's say 12,000). During the Active phase, the Immortal's health is halved, and however much percentage of the Immortal's remaining health is converted into a shield (so if you kill the opposing Immortal without yours taking any damage, they'll come into the Active phase with 6,000 / 6,000 shields and health, respectively). Given that Malthael's damage is based on Maximum Health, it doesn't account for the shield, so it's dealing less damage per tick than it was previously because the value that the damage is based on has been halved.

Kith fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jun 19, 2017

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Just had a great QM where we came back from 5-1 keeps and 14-1 tower shots on Towers of Doom. Had to mute the whole team before the turnaround was possible, but those things happen.

Power Bottom posted:

There was a lot of talk back in the day of HOTS getting its own editor and Arcade and custom games, but Blizzard has significantly scaled back those efforts because there's not much of a point. The HOTS engine is nearly identical to Starcraft II's engine, to the point where you can wholesale copy and paste HOTS assets and abilities and such directly into the Galaxy editor with little trouble. This video showcasing unreleased skins and this video demonstrating a potential Widowmaker implementation were both done using Starcraft II, for instance. On top of that, the improvements made to the engine for HOTS's sake (for example, before HOTS came along, SCII could not make effects with linear, rectangular, or cone-shaped effect areas - they all had to be a circle of some variety) are regularly back-ported into Starcraft II for use by the Starcraft II Arcade Developers.

Couple all that with the fact that Starcraft II and the Arcade have been free for some time, and there's very little chance that HOTS will ever see an Arcade of its own.

It could be interesting to somehow merge the SC2 and HOTS arcades though, could bring additional audience to custom game makers. Or maybe making some kind of more casual Brawl Editor for people to design their own custom games.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Power Bottom posted:

Starcraft II and the Arcade have been free for some time

Wait what

e: wow. Very excited.

http://kotaku.com/blizzard-wants-you-to-know-you-can-play-starcraft-ii-fo-1714893395 posted:

Quick poll: did you know that there’s a free version of StarCraft II? And that it lets you play as any of the game’s three races in any non-ranked multiplayer match you want?

Blizzard doesn’t do a very good job of advertising that fact—and the poorly-titled SCII Starter Edition can be very confusing—but right now, anyone can download a copy of the game and play unlimited custom multiplayer without any restrictions.

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jun 18, 2017

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

schmitty9800 posted:

It could be interesting to somehow merge the SC2 and HOTS arcades though, could bring additional audience to custom game makers. Or maybe making some kind of more casual Brawl Editor for people to design their own custom games.

I've been saying for years that the "Starcraft II Arcade" should be just the "Blizzard Arcade" and have its own spot on the Launcher. I'm not sure if or when it'll happen, though.

You don't need anything more than the Starter edition to access the entire SCII Arcade.

Kith fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jun 18, 2017

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah a group of buddies were pleasantly surprised to discover that at a LAN we did last weekend. Played SC2 far and arcade games for like 10 hours.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

They did an amazingly piss-poor job of advertising it. That happened in 2014 and most people have no idea. I think they were trying to rely on the hype of Starcraft Universe to do the advertising for them, but SCU turned out to be aggressively okay as opposed to the huge GOTY mod that everyone expected it to be, so maybe that had a hand in it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Haha, god drat.

I had stockpiled some chests for Wednesday in hopes of getting Malthael out of one. I didn't. I did get one legendary, but it was a duplicate Uther's Judgment mount. Oh well, no big loss! I bought some gems to round out my wallet and bought Malthael with gems.

Today I got maybe my third chest since Wednesday. It had a legendary in it. Of course that legendary was Malthael. On the upside I can now get a bunch of fun skins :)

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I was only missing 3 Heroes (Zeratul, Medievh, and Cassia) and I got Medievh out of a chest last night <3

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Medivh is legit the most fun hero in the game

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Ragnaros has been eating Taco Bell lately.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
On the Rag-naros.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Blizzard we need a Molten Corgi skin for Ragnaros immediately

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Power Bottom posted:

Ragnaros has been eating Taco Bell lately.

I hope that's not a bug and they've just made his mounted visual effect much more noticeable. Yeah his posture technically changes but it's a bit hard to notice sometimes in the thick of things if your mount finished firing off before you move on.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Coolness Averted posted:

I hope that's not a bug and they've just made his mounted visual effect much more noticeable. Yeah his posture technically changes but it's a bit hard to notice sometimes in the thick of things if your mount finished firing off before you move on.

It's a bug. When mounting half the screen flashes.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Rag, lightlord would be a great skin if they'd record new voice lines for it

Also where is my summer Ming with a beach ball, holding a daiquiri

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Coolness Averted posted:

it's a bit hard to notice sometimes in the thick of things if your mount finished firing off before you move on.

Z then Shift+Right Click.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i think malt's healing could be lowered by 50% and he'd still be good

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Easily cut enemy Malth healing by 50% by picking Murky every game

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

BrianBoitano posted:

Easily cut enemy Malth healing by 50% by picking Murky every game

But you are also cutting your winrate by 20%, so...

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Toshimo posted:

But you are also cutting your winrate by 20%, so...

Maybe for bad Murky players

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

BrianBoitano posted:

Easily boost your fun by 50000% by picking Murky every game

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Even if you're not interested in pro HotS the reverse draft all-star matches from today are pretty great. If you've ever wanted to see pros play Murky, Abathur, and TLV on the same team: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/152806196

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Macaluso posted:

Maybe for bad Murky players

Your statement has been classified... Redundant.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Finally got heroes I don't have out of a chest! Artanis and Chen in the same day!

Slowly saving gold for Chromie now. I grabbed the gold goblin first because it looks great with gold colored heroes (like Chromie) that don't really have any other matching mounts.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Murky is a good character and the people who disagree are bad.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The Shortest Path posted:

Murky is a good character and the people who disagree are bad.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CDW
Aug 26, 2004

p-hop posted:

Finally got heroes I don't have out of a chest! Artanis and Chen in the same day!

Slowly saving gold for Chromie now. I grabbed the gold goblin first because it looks great with gold colored heroes (like Chromie) that don't really have any other matching mounts.

Grats on Artanis! Chen...is a hero who needs a talent update.

Who do you all think needs an update the most, other than the update we know is coming for Lt. Morales?

I'd say Sgt. Hammer, Raynor, and Chen are at the top of the list for me, with Xul also needing a better role.