Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

What's even the point of that leak, is it just danny ainge trying to put some noise out there so people will go hey look he's trying, he's trying really hard okay!

Do you seriously think that Danny Ainge is leaking that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Cool Buff Man posted:

Do you seriously think that Danny Ainge is leaking that?

Here's the original article The Score is pulling that "report" from:

quote:

Boston made the deal … for what? A cleaner shot at Josh Jackson or Jayson Tatum, two players who play the same position as last year’s first-rounder, Jaylen Brown, who was selected No. 3 overall? A chance to hoodwink Jackson-starved Sacramento into flipping the fifth and 10th pick for No. 3?

Is a blockbuster, player-heavy deal in the offing? As of now, league sources told The Vertical that isn’t the case. Boston – everyone, really – would love to get its hands on Anthony Davis. But Davis is tied to a manageable contract through 2021, and the Pelicans appear committed to giving the Davis-DeMarcus Cousins pairing a full season together.

Jimmy Butler? Boston’s already overflowing chest of assets should have been enough for the Celtics to make a competitive offer. Paul George? With no guarantee of re-signing, any offer, Boston’s included, will be quarters on the dollar.

It's just a list of dudes they might think about trading for in theory maybe

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Paul George with a question mark, Danny what the hell are you leaking?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Yeah as a non story to divert attention from trading their pick. Seems pretty random otherwise, what's next a article titled knicks will try to make the playoff this year

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Yeah as a non story to divert attention from trading their pick. Seems pretty random otherwise, what's next a article titled knicks will try to make the playoff this year

Do you know how to read

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Oh it's just some clickbait crap

Cool Buff Man posted:

Do you know how to read

Hold on, let me write a note next to my desk titled don't make jokes about the celtics or cool buff man will get really personal and defensive about it during these trying times

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Don't be one of those, the threads have been bursting lately

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The Celtics are going to trade a bunch of picks for Paul George only so they can flip him mid season for Justice Winslow

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

hearing from my sources that the chicago bulls are interested in someone vaguely connected to iowa state

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I just read the words "MARK WAHLBERG REALLY, REALLY WANTS THE CELTICS TO TRADE FOR JIMMY BUTLER" and I can't stop laughing

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Spoeank posted:

The only positive ramification of the Warriors winning it all is KD is back on his twitter bullshit

https://twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/876595568121970688

I can't thank this world enough for Twitter.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Spoeank posted:

The only positive ramification of the Warriors winning it all is KD is back on his twitter bullshit

https://twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/876595568121970688

2010 Twitter KD is back.

It was worth the warriors winning if this becomes a common occurrence.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
All we need is for KD to wind it back from 2010 twitter to 2009 twitter and Metapod can get his smile back https://twitter.com/kdtrey5/status/1643535530

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/michaeleaves/status/876573742884945924

https://twitter.com/michaeleaves/status/876574053036896257

PR campaign for the trade out in full force

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Now that's a leak

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

it is kind of funny that after durant joins the techbro team and gets a ring he totally sheds the family-friendly brand.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lmao at a team completely making GBS threads on months and months of work by their scouts because he had a bad workout.

couldn't be my team.

we have no college scouts and our draft picks are selected by whoever in the draft is closest to Gar Foreman and failing that the most unathletic 4 year college kid they can find.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Love for PG doesn't seem like a huge upgrade to me, if at all, and more importantly I don't think it gives them an edge over the Warriors. Plus the one-year rental aspect of it poses some pitfalls for their roster situation after next season. I think they'd be a lot better off just sitting pat (maybe try to upgrade their bench where possible) and hope the Warriors don't make it to the Finals injury-free again.

e: but if the Cavs can somehow fleece the Pacers out of PG for a couple of roleplayers and a distant draft pick then by all means go hog wild

Noctone fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jun 19, 2017

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

All we need is for KD to wind it back from 2010 twitter to 2009 twitter and Metapod can get his smile back https://twitter.com/kdtrey5/status/1643535530

my smile never left

e: https://twitter.com/AmicoHoops/status/876639848647577606

this offseason owns

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Crackpot theory, Ainge is doing some 9th dimensional chess to tank Fultz's stock so he gets him at 3 anyway

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Is it just me or has PG gone from underrated earlier in his career to fairly overrated now? Maybe it is more an aesthetic thing for me because I kind of hate watching him play compared to a heap of other wings

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/status/876641304612143104

keikaku doori

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
My favorite Paul George thing was always seeing that dumb Gatorade/whatever drink commercial during the playoffs while the pacers were totally eliminated and he wasn't doing anything noteworthy
"GAME."

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Tae posted:

Crackpot theory, Ainge is doing some 9th dimensional chess to tank Fultz's stock so he gets him at 3 anyway

The only player I'm 100% confident the Lakers will draft before Ball is Fultz.

EMC posted:

Is it just me or has PG gone from underrated earlier in his career to fairly overrated now? Maybe it is more an aesthetic thing for me because I kind of hate watching him play compared to a heap of other wings

Punkin Spunkin posted:

My favorite Paul George thing was always seeing that dumb Gatorade/whatever drink commercial during the playoffs while the pacers were totally eliminated and he wasn't doing anything noteworthy
"GAME."

It's me too at least.

The thought is that if the #2 was on the table the Pacers wouldn't be talking to literally everyone but the Lakers right now.

Rick fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jun 19, 2017

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Morey just said last week he's ready to up his risk profile. He traded a protected first and some flim flam for Ty Lawson when Lawson was bottoming out. Seems like a probable candidate to take a crack at PG.

e: lol hey i'll clarify for you Ringer NBA Guy: we can 100% infer that #2 is so far away from the table it's in outer space.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

EMC posted:

I definitely think he underperformed relative to his reputation this most recent season. I think a lot of people just kept imagining him living up to the trajectory he was on before he snapped his leg because nobody watches the Pacers play in the regular season.

He played better in the second half of the year, though, and he's got such a good skillset for the modern NBA that it's hard not to see him as an insanely desirable piece for any team

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Paul George is really really good.

And that team/Coach around him is really really bad.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

imo Paul George would be a huge upgrade over Kevin Love for facing the Warriors (which is really all that matters since I doubt Boston will be able to challenge them in the East next year). In Game 5 once the warriors stopped loving around and went small for nearly the whole game he was borderline unplayable, with a +/- of -23. He can hang when they play Zaza Pachulia or the like but won't contribute when it matters most

By keeping the status quo Cleveland is taking a risk with Lebron leaving anyway. I doubt Paul George would leave after a finals trip (even if they lose) for a garbage LA team

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Hey Morey I have an alternative, try talking to your coach about having a multi-faceted offense and maybe your team plays a lil defense now and then.

Re Paul George he's not exactly overrated...he played extremely well against the Cavs, that series was way closer than it deserved to be. He just bricked a couple game-ending shots and didnt have a chance to take one. If I'm the Cavs I keep Love though, I don't need another ball-dominant player clogging the midcourt....

That Gatorade commercial was perfect irony though, 2 missed game enders and a pass out of 1 lmao oops

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

He had by far the best season of his career and went nuts for 2 months to drag his team into the playoffs. The team got worse defensively around him so people started to think he's not a great defender, but he still is.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

Morey just said last week he's ready to up his risk profile. He traded a protected first and some flim flam for Ty Lawson when Lawson was bottoming out. Seems like a probable candidate to take a crack at PG.

e: lol hey i'll clarify for you Ringer NBA Guy: we can 100% infer that #2 is so far away from the table it's in outer space.

If the Cavs can find a deal for him I'd at least consider it if I was L.A. The Lakers are probably going to be real bad next year and it'd be really hard to walk away from a Finals team for less money.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

LA would have the assets to get a deal done even without that number #2 pick you would think. Clarkson, Randle and some future first rounder for PG and you probably have to take Monta back, that seems OK both teams?

HAND ME THE TRADE MACHINE

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I can't believe there was a trade for the #1 pick in the draft, Paul George may get traded, and the biggest news of the week is Kevin Durant liking to have girls fart in his face

https://twitter.com/bigkstone/status/876630578631778304

What a time to be alive. I love this league.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If Paul George could be legit traded for a slightly longer contract of Kevin Love according to multiple sources, the Lakers don't have to give up much.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
The Lakers are the absolute last team that should offer anything for Paul George because they can just get him in free agency next year without losing any assets.

It would be like an even uglier repeat of Knicks / Carmelo.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Kevin Durant likes women's farts. San Franciscans famously like to smell their own farts. Steph Curry literally IS a woman's fart. Do the math.
I just can't stop thinking of that gross fart poetry song from that old rear end weekend web 😂 def a young grim reaper
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wH8IGVxmVuc

Oh yeah uhhh I was gonna say something else. I want MY team in on the baseless speculation and clickbait, the Spurs never get ANY attention or credit :qq:

quote:

The Spurs are, again, not mentioned, but they would make for an intriguing trading partner for the Pacers. Unlike other contenders, San Antonio has some young players on its roster and has control over all of its first round picks going forward. Making salaries match shouldn't be a huge problem, either. The Spurs have Pau Gasol's big expiring contract on the books and could potentially consider Danny Green to be expendable in a trade for another wing.
A deal centered around those two, Kyle Anderson or Dejounte Murray and picks for George and Al Jefferson, for example, works under the CBA. The Pacers are after a starter and two firsts, according to David Aldridge, and this deal could give them that, plus a youngster and future cap savings, as Jefferson is on the books for the next two years. Including a 2019 pick would be risky, but the Spurs could insist on some protections.
That's just one possible configuration of the deal. There are other teams who could offer more, of course. Maybe Indiana is not enamored with Murray's potential or Anderson's evolving game. Maybe Pritchard is looking for picks that could land higher. Green is a quality contributor, but he makes more sense on a contender. They could always flip him later on, but might prefer to get a younger role player back now, someone who can grow with Myles Turner.

Yet with so little leverage after Paul's decision became public, Indiana might not be able to get too picky.
Hilarious.
We got Kawhi from Indiana, why shouldn't we get PG? Don't we deserve it after all these years of ringless suffering? It feels like it's been like, eight years man.
I think any trade should include Davis bertans just for poetry's sake

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

morestuff posted:

If the Cavs can find a deal for him I'd at least consider it if I was L.A. The Lakers are probably going to be real bad next year and it'd be really hard to walk away from a Finals team for less money.

Maybe I'm just overestimating PG's odds of leaving for LAL under all circumstances. I'm having trouble reconciling the guy broadcasting his intent to join the Lakers regardless of their quality so he can be "the guy" with the guy who's willing to play third wheel to LeBron and Kyrie in exchange for postseason success.

I'll be happy if the Pacers get something good back for him. As I understand it, the timeline is that Larry Bird ignored all the signs that PG wanted out, refused to trade him, didn't improve the team, and then quit his job so this could be someone else's mess. Like, poo poo, the organization got hosed a little bit there.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Kevin Durant likes women's farts. San Franciscans famously like to smell their own farts. Steph Curry literally IS a woman's fart. Do the math.
I just can't stop thinking of that gross fart poetry song from that old rear end weekend web 😂 def a young grim reaper
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wH8IGVxmVuc

Oh yeah uhhh I was gonna say something else. I want MY team in on the baseless speculation and clickbait, the Spurs never get ANY attention or credit :qq:

Hilarious.
We got Kawhi from Indiana, why shouldn't we get PG? Don't we deserve it after all these years of ringless suffering? It feels like it's been like, eight years man.
I think any trade should include Davis bertans just for poetry's sake

Paul "I Should Be The One Who Takes The Shot (While Being The Worst Clutch Player in the League)" George doesn't exactly seem to fit in with Popovich's "the play is for the Spurs to score, not Kawhi to score" mantra.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
It's kind of funny that I'm going to look stupid for making fun of Magic's tweets of "Why don't the Lakers just sign all the great players?" because Paul George and Lebron are just going to show up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

PG grew up a Clippers fan and sure didn't bolt for the Lakers when he was previously coming up on free agency. His admiration for Magic is swaying him right now, but going to a team like the Cavs or Celtics or anywhere where they win and he goes deep into the playoffs and I sure don't see it as some sure thing he won't extend with that team. He is someone who worked hard to come back from a leg snapped in half and watched as the really good team they had crumbled and was replaced with that horribly assembled team this year.

• Locked thread