Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Today, I started this update on an afternoon. I was kind of hoping to avoid uploading this at like 2am in the morning...

Thought there was another thing we could grab for our room, but nope. I'll explain anyway. I think you need to fail more loops for the Easy Mode option to open up.

You can talk to Satsuko and in this conversation, you can tell her things are just too difficult. She asks you to think about it for a moment, and if you say yes, she summons some bizarre party hat into the world that gives you 40 XP. It also says DERP. No, I don't remember what that stands for.

Or you can reject that and you won't get any XP but you will get a little trophy of a cheerleader Satsuko on the table. We'll get that after finishing enough loops anyway, but only if we don't trigger the DERP hat.

You can also put it off for later. But the problem with this is that once you're at the point where you unlock easy mode, you've already been through like 3 loops with no real success.

Another weird design decision from Shira Oka.

For some reason, I wasted a week on clothes. I don't know why I wasted the effort, I've really come around on burlap sack chic.

Same old argument about what we do for the culture festival comes up. We go with the haunted house.

Tuesday, May 9

: Hey, what's up?

: Sure, what's on your mind?

: Well, lately I've felt really overcome by a lot of things... The world is in such bad shape. It wouldn't surprise me if we're all gone by the time we're adults. It scares me so much I feel sick over it.

: Yamabushi?

: They were a group of people who searched for spiritual and mystical powers through self-denial and self-restraint, and they usually lived up in the mountains.

: Oh, I see.

: Like what?

: I'm not used to going on big trips outside by myself. I could fall and hurt myself or get lose and no would ever know. My stamina isn't so great... I was never built for athletics...

: Sure, I would love to help you out.

: Really?

: Yes, I'm sure it would be very calming.

: I know it will be... oh, thank you so much. This really means a lot...

This is a multi part event, but I think we have the perk to succeed.

Saturday, May 13

Woke up just in time... I should be able to meet Kasumi with no problem.

That's a success. We needed the determined perk, otherwise we would've woken up late. And Kasumi wouldn't have been too happy about that.

: Hello.

: Heh, you look ready.

: I've been wanting to do this for so long. Are you ready?

: Sure, let's go.

Then we actually move up the mountain.

: So, can you tell me a little more about the mountain ascetics you read about?

I figured asking about her problems wasn't a great idea when she wanted to get away from them.

: Oh, sure. A lot of the Yamabushi were sought out for their healing abilities and also their skills as mediums.

: Because they had special powers, right?

: Right!

: Were they usually in her in big groups?

: They did have a few loose groups, but mostly people were on their own.

: Wow, that's really cool...

Game: She seems to be at peace in these surroundings.

: Sure, I hope you feel a little more at ease.

Huh, no XP.

Monday, May 15

: Hey, you look very refreshed.

Ugh, I've started noticing how awkward Shira Oka's writing is these days...

This one sounds pretty bad. He couldn't have said "Hey, you look a lot better."?

: Heehee, I think all that fresh air did me a lot of good. I slept better than I ever did that night.

: Good, I'm glad.

There we go. Mission complete.

Tuesday, May 16

: Of course I will. Give me one of those big ones.

We're pretty buff, this is fine.

: Alright, thanks! ...You got it?

: Yep, I'm fine. Going to the bike shop?

: You got it!

Game: The two of you walk to Ikegawa Motors, carrying the packages. Arriving at the bike shop, you place the heavy packages on the table for Suzu. Suzu seems quite pleased with your help.

Game: As Suzu puts down her boxes, she strikes her arm against an engine block.

: Hey, are you okay?

We either drop this or begin an inquiry. And I want XP.

: Huh? What do you mean?

: Didn't you just burn your arm?

: Huh?

Game: She glances at her arm.

: ...Oh, there's a little burn there after all.

: Does it hurt?

: No... no, it doesn't.

: Oh. Okay then.

: Thanks for worrying about me though, but I promise I'm fine, okay?

Our minion feels no pain. The minions really are great.

: If you say so.

Good, good. XP. I need to check how much we have.

We run into Suzu while studying math. Works out well this time.

We also study Lit with Kasumi. We won't be able to see this soon enough...

Alice signs us up for the swim team. The swim club kind of has a snowball effect. If you don't get in, it's very hard to get in during the next year because you didn't get any time to use Swimming.

Aya complains about the festival, whatever.

Hiroshi complains about us being unpopular. Trust me, these are a lot more annoying when you don't know what you're doing and need every day to make your mark.

At least you're still my friend, floatie.

Friday, June 16

This chat is just about ikebana. Kiku's annoyed at the culture festival slapfest, so we need an alternate suggestion. We get to suggest ikebana now for the culture festival.

: Ikebana, of course!

: Precisely what I was thinking.

: I... do so like... ikebana.

: I know. Then you two and everyone else in the club can really show off their skills.

: Oh, I prefer... not to show off.

: Do not worry, it is a good kind of showing off, Yui. It is to show people how smart and talented you are.

: ...If... well... perhaps. Maybe.

And thus began Kiku's conquest of the culture festival.

Monday, June 19

Hey, is that Yui?

: Hmm...

What is she looking at..? Plushies?

: Hey, Yui, I-

...Oh, she's gone.

I guess she doesn't want to be seen with us and our overwhelming style.

Game: In front of the window is a display of stuffed animals.

Easy choice. We grab something.

Game: You step inside the store and buy one of the plushies, hoping you made the right choice.

Tuesday, June 20

: ...Yes? What is it?

: I have a present for you.

: D... do you really? That is not necessary.

: Yeah, here you go... do you like it?

We're Charmed, of course we'd pull the right one.

...Although, I'm not sure if this event is just an automatic success.

: Oh...I like it.

: You do?

Nice and quick. Goon's kind of weird here though.

Wednesday, June 21

We passed, right?

Game: As usual, you hear Aya groan from the back of the room when she recieves hers. As everyone starts leaving, the teacher calls for Kasumi to stay, but instead, Kasumi runs past everyone and out the door.

: Oh, I did pretty well!

: You only have a 16 percent!

Wow, I never did that bad in school.

...I have done this though.

We check it out.

Game: You pick up the paper. It is Kasumi's report. A large six percent is written at the top in bold red ink. There is a note from the teacher saying that she knows Kasumi is struggling, and can try to resubmit it for a higher score. Suddenly, you realise that Aya is reading over your shoulder.

: No fair! Teachers never give me another chance to submit homework!

: They know you don't even try though.

: How could Kasumi throw away an opportunity like this?

: Who know! Geez.

: Hmm. It's weird.

: Well... anyway.

: Maybe I should take it back to her.

: Don't be nuts! If she crumpled it up and threw it away she probably never wants to see it again.

: Maybe she was just really upset.

: Well, DUH. If I got a grade that bad I'd be upset too!

: I'm going to take it back to her and see if I can change her mind.

Worst comes to worst, we haven't annoyed anyone important.

: You're absolutely nuts!

: She's probably just upset.

: Pfft, whatever.

: Kasumi, I found your paper.

: What?! It's RUDE to take things that aren't yours, you know! You have no business looking at my paper!

: You wouldn't be angry all the time if you stop and realise that I'm trying to help you!

Both of these answers look bad to me, but maybe trying to play therapist will work.

Game: She stops suddenly.

: What?

: I wanted to offer to help you re-write this paper for a better grade. I know you have problems in school.

: You wouldn't be so upset right now if you honestly believed that.

: ...

: You should appreciate that the teacher believes in you enough to offer a second chance.

: ...Ahh...

All we did was make her cry. :smith:

Aya yells at Rena, we tell Aya that she's dumb and Rena is better. The story of all these events, if I'm being honest.

Monday, June 26

Pretty short, but I'm glad our chat had an effect.

For now at least.

drat we're so popular

drat hiroshi doesn't like flowers, terrible taste

drat tests were on

Monday, July 10

: Hey Lorde! Hey, look at this.

: Will you let go of my arm, Aya?

...I like Rena, so I'm going to avoid the obvious joke.

: You... what?

Game: She shows you a box, opening it for a second before snapping the lid closed.

: I have Rena's prized antique marbles! She's been collecting these since she was little.

: But why...

Game: Rena grabs the box, trying to wrestle it from Aya's hands. During their struggle, the box flies open and marbles pour out across the hallway floor.

: Oh, man...

: Yeah, Aya. You shouldn't have taken them.

: Fine! Take her side. I would've given them right back, you know. It was just supposed to be a little prank.

: *sigh* Come on, Rena, I'll help you pick them up.

Game: Before anybody can say a word, he slips on the marbles, and they roll under his feet like ball bearings. He teeters for a brief moment before crashing to the floor in an awkward heap. His glasses tumble across the floor, sliding to a stop near your feet. Everybody holds their breath as he sits up. He feels around the floor for his glasses, and puts them back on.

Game: His voice is disturbingly calm and quiet, though it is obvious that he is seething with anger.

: Ahh...

It's very tempting to throw Aya under the bus like this. But it probably wouldn't work.

: It was me.

: Oh really.

: Yeah. It was me, sorry... I was just screwing around.

: Oh...

: Hiroshi! Please don't...

: Why?

:unsmith:

: Did you really?

: Yes, I swear. It was an accident though.

Game: Everybody visibly relaxes, glad that this is over.

That was a quick turn around.

Oh, right, marks.

Nice, nice.

Still, we're probably on the verge of a D in Lit or Art. We'll have to look out for that.

And this was uploaded at 0016 my time. That's an improvement over 2am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Give away the green grass, Give away the sky
Yay, Goon is coming along really well! :neckbeard:

It's interesting to learn more about Kasumi and see what her thoughts and motivations are. It makes me really curious about saving her and seeing her ending.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually surprised by the fact that Aya can be even more of a worthless dickbag than she already was. Sort of agreeing with the poster who suggested we date her next so we can get it over with and never have to be nice to her stupid rear end again. I imagine siding with her in all these scenarios just makes poor Goon look like her dumb and mean-spirited sidekick. :smith:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Your grades are caca.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Alligator Pie posted:

Yay, Goon is coming along really well! :neckbeard:

It's interesting to learn more about Kasumi and see what her thoughts and motivations are. It makes me really curious about saving her and seeing her ending.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually surprised by the fact that Aya can be even more of a worthless dickbag than she already was. Sort of agreeing with the poster who suggested we date her next so we can get it over with and never have to be nice to her stupid rear end again. I imagine siding with her in all these scenarios just makes poor Goon look like her dumb and mean-spirited sidekick. :smith:

Yeah, let's get Aya out of the way, preferably before we learn how to dress ourselves so that at a minimum we'll embarrass her in public. "Well, miss Aya, this is the worst manga submission I've ever seen. And your boyfriend is wearing a burlap sack with ketchup stains. Get out of my office."

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Karia posted:

Yeah, let's get Aya out of the way, preferably before we learn how to dress ourselves so that at a minimum we'll embarrass her in public. "Well, miss Aya, this is the worst manga submission I've ever seen. And your boyfriend is wearing a burlap sack with ketchup stains. Get out of my office. *Charmed kicks in* I LOVE IT!!"

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Imo you should take the easy mode exp if you haven't so you can break Hiroshi the game over your knee.

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

I DO have to admit that I love otome games and dating sims primarily because I find the NPCs' shift from indifference towards the main character to "OH GOD I LOVE YOU SO MUCH DATE ME NOW" absolutely hilarious. I really want to see what smitten Hiroshi is like. :allears:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
More and more, the dread of what a train wreck an Aya run will be grows.

This is why there are so many loops. Goon has to train to become the perfect saint to survive.

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015
Thinking about it, Suzu's arm is either a prosthetic of some sort, or she's a robot.

That, or she just doesn't have any feeling in that arm.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
This is stuff we haven't seen before from Kasumi. I wonder if this is actually going to help her.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

A while back, I was considering switching to PNG's from the JPEG's I'd been using. While we've been using JPEG's for the whole LP, I thought I'd give PNG another shot because it does give better quality but the pictures are a bit bigger. I felt that wouldn't be too much of a problem nowadays now that we have more traffic in the thread.

But for now, I'm putting a PNG update up on a test post.

Take a look, tell me what you think of it.

I'll be throwing up the update normally sometime this week, but I'd still like your feedback for the future. Tell me if you see any notable difference.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense
The images appear heavily pixellated and the colours are off. Sorry.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
Seems fine to me.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I like it! Much clearer than before :waycool:

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Hiroshi has never looked better.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Back to normal here. If you read the April Fool's update, you can skip ahead to Hiroshi complimenting us. I copied most of the the April Fool's update, but with the fresh pictures, so even commentary is old hat. It's new stuff from beyond Hiroshi.

Or you can read it again and feel a bit of the deja vu I feel when I play this game. Your choice.

Monday, July 17.

: Oh, hey Rena.

: No, I don't think so.

: Do you think you can help with an art project, then?

: Sure, sound great. What are you doing?

: Hmm, it's hard to explain... just come to the art classroom after school, okay?

: Sure thing.

Game: After school you go to the art room. There are a group of chairs gathered in the middle of the room.

: Sure.

: I think I need more help than I though, though...

: Are all these chairs for your project?

: Yes, I'm making a large sculpture out of them, but I'm running out of time...

"Running out of time"?

: Hahaha!

: Sounds lie Aya's around... maybe she can help?

no goon, aya + rena is a bad combination

: Aya? I don't know about that...

This is going to go well.

: Hey, Lorde!

: Hello.

Quick little interjection. For some reason, the scene did the fade to black to twice. I was wondering if that was just my computer but apparently the first text of the scene played twice. This wasn't legible on the April Fool's update, so I didn't show it.

: Hello, you two. Are you busy?

: Not really...

: What's up?

: I was wondering if you two would be willing to help me and Rena with a project?

: Uh-oh, is this some weird Rena art?

: Pretty WEIRD, you mean.

: I'm kind of curious...

: Kiku, how could you?

: Come take a look.

: Oh, wow, that's a lot of chairs...

: Hello?

: We heard you need some help. What's the project about?

: Well, first I need all of these chairs to be covered in this paper and then I need to assemble them together in this massive sphere.

: That DOES sound like a lot of work...

: TOO much work...

: I really need to get this project done, but more importantly, it needs to be done right...

: You're worried about Aya, I imagine?

: Well, it's better to do things right...

: You wouldn't think I'm rude for declining Aya and Kiku's help?

: Not if you're polite about it.

: Okay...

Kiku and Aya pop up again on the screen.

:I appreciate your offer you guys, but I think Goon-kun and I can get it done. It's going to be pretty boring to do anyway, and I'm sure you guys have something cooler to do.

: N-no! It's not that!

: Sure it is! You always look down on me and assume that I'm just some clumsy idiot who can't do anything right!

: Aya, stop! You're doing it wrong!

: See?!

: Please just leave it be, Aya!

: That's why I can't stand you, Rena!

: Please, just leave!

: Fine!

: Are you okay?

: I'm too upset to work now...

: Don't let her get to you.

Once again, Aya ruins another thing.

And now we can get back to new stuff. I wonder if this'll still be going by April Fool's next year...

Thursday, July 20

what

: Uh...thanks?

: Hiroshi tells me that there's no such thing as a real spicy tuna, but I know there has to be! Otherwise, where does the sushi come from?

sometimes I can't tell if Rena just likes fantasy stuff or if she's really dumb

:3:

: You know, I might like you even more, teehee!

I guess we kind of are getting a lot of events with Rena in them, but I was also kind of expecting Suzu/Kazuki to call us before that.

Hiroshi still attempts to be a bad influence for Kazuki.

I decided to call up Suzu for a chat.

: Kazuki just told me today about the country his parents are in now... it sounded neat.

: What place?

: I don't think I've even heard of it.

Same here. I still feel like Shira Oka does research by looking at random pages on Wikipedia.

: It's near Brazil and used to be a Dutch colony. It's one of the msot culturally and ethnically diverse regions in the world. Also, more than 80% of its land-mass consists of unspoiled rainforests.

I did a check, Suriname does actually exist. Didn't bother to confirm much else, I'll assume the writers did some research.

: Wow, how did you know all that?

: I'll take you someday if you'd like!

: Aww, that's nice! Don't worry, I'll see it someday- then I can learn even more!

: That's the spirit.

: So, why did you call?

: I'm not really sure. I guess I was bored.

: Having fun?

: I sure am! ...even though it won't work...

: Oh, I'm sorry...

: Is there anything else you want to talk about?

: ...No, I can't think of anything... sorry to have bothered you.

: It's okay, you didn't bother me.

: I'll let you go then.

: That's how you say goodbye in Dutch?

: Oh, alright. Bye then.

Well, we still have to work out so we do some swimming.

I love you, floaty

oh no

come back to us, friend

I got a little careless with stamina management and this popped up. I guess I really should've shown this off earlier but we needed all the time we could get.

You remember how we have physical and mental stamina?

Bars on the left or right of Goon's head up the top if you don't remember. They go down as we do things and they fall differing amounts depending on your action.

If your physical stamina falls too low, you'll become sick. While you're sick, you can take any actions and you'll be forced to rest. I'm fairly certain your stats decay at a faster rate while sick as well, I haven't tested that though.

If your mental stamina gets too low, you get depression instead. Same story as being sick, this one's easy to do if you try to focus on Lit and Science at the same time. Mental stamina is at a premium.

If you're sick or depressed during an exam, you drop a grade for Sports if you're sick and a grade for Lit/Math/Art if you're depressed.

Apparently, if you're both, you just fail every test.

Never seen it before, I make sure I'm healthy going into a test.

But yeah, we're forced to rest for a bit.

It only takes a day or two to recover from being sick. Very generous of the game.

I scheduled a day out with Suzu at the shops. I'd rather not get Rena's route this run, even if I do like her route.

I love weeks like this.

Saturday, August 12

Interesting.

: You know, I've been thinking about the future lately.

: That's a great goal.

: Yeah, but the problem is that nobody can ever really do things alone. Everyone needs help.

: He's going to be great too, but I think we'll end up going down different roads. So, I hope that one day you'll consider joining up with me, teehee!

Good, good, Suzu and Rena are back to similiar affection. Our date should put Suzu in the lead.

Here's another instance of lines getting repeated. Might be me clicking too fast though, I didn't see any weird fades.

Monday, August 14

: You know, it's been really great hanging out with you. I think my mentality has started to change.

: What do you mean?

: Well, I know sometimes I get too wrapped up in thinking about popularity and how few friends I have... Naoko always tells me friends are like food, "quality over quantity", but I never really listened.

: I'd rather have two great friends rather than a lot of acquaintances, you know?

: I guess high school isn't as scary as I thought it would be.

I'm still impressed how popular we are. I mean, we're hilariously unfashionable.

Obon pops up, but I'm not really sure what this is referring to. I mean, Kasumi's not dead yet.

And we don't know the actual secret of this yet.

That aside, we're meeting up with Suzu now.

Saturday, August 19

Game: ....

I knew I was early, but she should have been here by now...

: Heya, how ya doing?

: It's okay. We've still go plenty of time.

: Thanks for waiting, though.

We're still rocking that 0 Fashion look.

It was either the Electronics store or the bookstore. I decided to go with the Electronics store since it's a safer bet.

: Heh, I figured you would like it here.

: I would love to get inside all of these electronics...

: What do you do once you take things apart?

: First I like to examine how all the parts work together to make the product function. Then I like to see what else I can use the parts for.

: Heh, well it's good to see that you like to recycle...

: Yes, turning old things into new things is quite prodigious.

: Heh, cool.

: Ooh, it looks like they have the latest computer models...

: Those new touch-screen ones are pretty incredible...

: Oh, absolutely! I really enjoy seeing how interactive such computers have become.

: Yeah, they're pretty cool, but I'm sure they're ridiculously expensive.

: Perhaps at first, but quite quickly the technology becomes integrated in more affordable ways.

: I wonder how necessary it is for the average computer user, though.

: Well, the more interactive these models become, the easier they are for people to work.

: Hmm, I guess that's true.

: Heh, I guess that's true.

: Oh, it is. A computer is like a person who can recall any information you need.

: Heh, that's a pretty good friendship.

: Heh, I think I can swing that one.

: Heehee!

That went well. Still, that's the good date spots I know of. Not sure what I'll do from here on.

Aya complains about thing, news at 11.

Kasumi's still not feeling friendly enough to hang out with the others.

Hmm, must've done some art at some point. We don't have a literal 0 for Fashion anymore.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Come on game we have 50 Science/Math. Get us to respond with something.

"Yeah touchscreens are cool but they have a lot of drawbacks, they smudge easily for one"

and goddamn all those "Heh"s

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Rena, once again showing she's smart under all that crazy. Because she knows Aya is bad loving news.

Also while I doubt it is true, I really hope the secret to Kasumi is she finally unleashes sweet kung-fu beatdowns after countless uses of that palm punching animation.

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Shira Oka could have learned something from Uta no Prince Sama in that Aya needs to be chained to a rocket heading for the moon by the crazy rear end principal of the school.

Except nobody tries to save her because she is a horrible person. :j:

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Feels like it's been a while but it also doesn't. Seen this screen so much.

Naoko yells at us about fashion. Yeah, yeah.

Monday, September 4

Game: Suddenly, Kasumi slips and falls into a huge mud puddle. Everyone nearby snickers.

Eh, looks like we can't help her out.

: What a fall! I'm glad that didn't happen to me...

: Grr...

Nothing really happened, but whatever, I'll take it.

Goon really has become a math guy, huh?

Alice tries some natto, we've seen this.

Tuesday, September 12

: ...and that's why I've decided that no matter HOW much she begs or pleads...

Imagine visiting someone and they offer you blue cheese and octopus casserole. That'd be something.

: That's so funny! I can't believe she'd make something so interesting... I bet it tasted, well...

: Simply dreadful. That's all. Just simply dreadful. H-hi there, Goon-kun. Well... that's all. Perhaps I should get headed to the shop. Sorry for leaving just as you got here, Goon-kun.

: See you around, Kazuki.

: Alright, see you.

: Even me?

: Of course you too, Kazuki! I would not have said "the both of you" had I not meant it, sillyface.

The straight man + Rena should make for an excellent combination.

: What did you need, Rena?

: Well, here. Look at this first.

Game: Rena reaches into her pocket. She extracts a piece of paper that she presents to the both of you. Kazuki takes it and begins to read.

: S...So what is this? Besides a news article?

: I'm surprised, really, that Shira Oka has a graveyard.

: It really is unusual.

: After all, most people in Japan are cremated. There just plain isn't enough land space to... well, um, to bury everyone. That and religious reasoning, of course.

: Why would you want to do that?

: Why, of course, to see the place where so many people last laid. It would be a great opening to the spirit world.

: What's the point of this, though?

: Yes... so why did you show us this, Rena?

: Did you see the tail end of that article?

Game: She points a finger at the paragraph at the end of the paper.

: What do you mean by "in a sense"?

Game: He takes back the paper to give it a closer look.

: Oh, I see. The headstones still exists but they've been degraded to a point where it's impossible to read many of them.

: I can see why that would be a problem.

: I thought you liked nature.

: Nature's usually nice. It just can be unpredictable sometimes.

: True... but challenges are something that exist to make us learn, right?

: That's true.

: So.

: And what good is that going to do for us, Rena? What do you propose we do once we find these completely unmarked gravestones?

: We have to find them so that possibly we can identify the people who're resting forever in the ground unrecognized.

: But don't many people who believe in spirits think that you leave the body after death? Why would they still be stuck in the same place in the ground?

: Many wandering spirits return to the places their bodies are resting when they have nowhere else to go to.

: Theoretically, let's say that spirits are real and work like you say they do. They don't leave bodies until after death, right?

: No, silly. There's always ways to leave your physical body, like astral travel or lucid dreaming.

: So are you in on this, Kazuki?

: Boo! You're no fun!

: We could use this as a learning experience about the history of Shira Oka, though.

: See, that's a way to think about it! Let's go, right? Right?

: ...I guess I'll go.

: Yay!

: I'll do it.

: Yay! This is great!

: It'll... er, well... it'll be interesting, I suppose, to say the least.

: When will we be going to the graveyard, then?

: Just a few weeks, I imagine. There is a little bit of preparation I want to do before we go.

: Preparation?

: Yes. Like finding some history books about the area. It could help in our expedition.

: So we'll all meet in a few weeks, I suppose?

: Sounds good to me. I'll gather... well, um, I'll pick up some things to study with. Maybe a magnifying glass or a microscope.

: Great. Well, I guess we'll meet up then.

: We'll be there.

: Great! I can't wait!

Rena runs off at this point.

: Maybe we should have turned her down, after all...

Pretty sure we haven't seen this chain yet, but we really should've.

Monday, September 18

: Lorde...? Oh, hey.

: What're you up to?

: Ugh, my little brother's birthday is coming up in a couple days, and I haven't gotten him a present yet.

: I can't afford anything good. And he's a little guy too so if I don't get one he'll feel bad and I will too. But what would you know? You don't have any siblings.

: Well, I can imagine he'd be hurt...

I don't think I've actually seen this scene before.

: Oh, this.

Game: Aya shows you an ad from a magazine.

: The robot kitty?

haha, i'm not helping you out Aya

: I guess you could do some odd jobs to get some money for it.

: Aww, I won't wanna work!

: Hmm, I don't know what to tell you, then...

Sunday, September 24

: ...I wonder where Rena is.

: Here I am!, Oh, here I am! Don't worry, I couldn't possibly forget about this!

: Supplies? It wasn't necessary. I brought supplies. A magnifying glass, a microscope, and a few books of history about Shira Oka.

: Not that kind of supplies, silly! I brought a dowsing pendant and a scrying mirror. We'll find those graves in no time.

That's the face of someone who regrets everything.

: How about we go in?

it'll be fun

: Alright. Let's go.

We pop on over to inside the graveyard.

: This place is huge! Impressive. It might take quite a while to find the one that we're trying to track down, fellows.

: Well, we do have that article that names the locations of all of the unmarked graves.

: Yes, but where to start? There were seven different plots named on it! And I haven't the foggiest clue where some of those plots are.

: We...w...well, we could just start looking at that map by the entrance...

: Heh, how cute.

: I think she's jumping the gun a little.

: ...No, I was wrong. That one clearly had a name.

: Perhaps we should think of a plan here.

: Yes. Like I said, there is a map by the entrance.

: Let's check it.

: It's hopeless. We can't read this.

: Well... then I don't quite know what to do.

: It's obvious! Let's just start looking. I'm sure it'll pop up soon.

: Alright, let's check this out.

: I'll head right. Goon-kun, you look around here. Rena, go to the left.

: Can do! Let's get this going.

: Let's see...

: Hmm... nothing over here.

: I can't find anything, either.

: Pendant...?

: Shh...

Game: Her hand brushes over one of the headstones. Her fingres lightly touch worn-down carvings, and other parts of the rock that have been covered with various mineral desposits. She smiles.

: I knew it would work!

: What would?

: That's so unscientific.

: But it worked, right?

: You had a paper with all the locations... it wouldn't take long to find it with that.

: Right...

: Let's look at it closer.

: Hmm. It looks like it's c...certainly been... battered and weathered over time.

: Poor stone! And poor spirit. How will we ever know what's under it now.

: You knew it was going to be worn when you came into this, Rena!

Why are you getting mad, kazuki?

: I didn't think it'd be nearly this bad, though!

: It certainly looks interesting.

: It does...

: *sigh* Well... I... well, maybe. I don't know.

: What is it, Kazuki?

: It's nothing.

: No, Kazuki, you're very smart. I'm sure you've come up with something!

: They use solutions to clean up the rock and make it easier to read by removing the deposits and leaving only the original rock.

: Really? Cool!

: Really? You think that's cool?

: You sure are smart, Kazuki! Do you know how we can get a hold of some of that stuff?

: Ah... well, I don't know for sure. I'll look into it, alright?

This event chain goes on for a fair bit.

Monday, September 25

: Hey guys, what's up? You both look distraught.

: Well... we're a little worried about Alice.

: Oh? Did something happen?

: We think so. When we saw her this morning, she looked so sad and barely said a word to us.

: That's not like her at all...

: Something must have happened yesterday.

: Why do you say that?

: Oh...

: Hey Alice.

: Is everything okay? I got this feeling yesterday that something happened to you.

: Oh! I'm so sorry to hear that...

: That's terrible...

: How long have you had her?

: Since I was a little girl... I can't believe I wasn't there for her... The poor girl must've been so sad without me... *sob*

: Don't say that, Alice.

: You can't spend time thinking about what might have happened if you did things differently.

I'm not sure if this is correct or horribly wrong coming from Goon of all people.

: I guess you're right...

: I know it's hard, but there's notihng you could have done.

: Is there anything we can do for you?

: I don't know... I just wish I could get some closure. I want to do something her memory so she knows I'll always love her. I just don't know what to do...

: I did, but it's not what I'm looking for...

: How about an Obon lantern!

: But isn't Obon so far away?

: It is, but it would be okay if you floated a lantern in her memory in the meantime.

: You should do that, Alice.

: I'll help you make it, if you want.

: Thanks, Rena. You're too nice to me.

: Great, then is today after school fine?

: We can do it some other day if you want.

: Oh, no! You shouldn't wait for me. Do it now? How about I meet you guys at the river before you float it?

: That would be great. I'd really like to have you there.

: Great, then it's settled!

: How about you, Goon?

: Sure, I would love to help out.

: Great, we'll meet in the art classroom after school.

: See you guys there.

: Hey, guys! I have the supplies all ready.

: Thank you so much, Rena.

: Anytime.

Game: You all start working on the lantern.

: So Alice... what was your dog like?

It's already a good dog.

: I knew we would be best buddies because right from day one, she'd sit by my piano and listen to me practice. Of course, she had pieces she hated, too... she wouldn't stop howling whenever I played something she didn't like! It was so funny.

:3:

Jazz piece?

: Can you sing that jazz piece for us?

: Sorry, I can't right now... I think it would make me too sad. Maybe some other time.

: Sure, I'll be looking forward to it.

: There we go.

Game: She holds up a perfectly beautiful lantern.

: It looks lovely. Let's meet up in a few days and we'll cast it off.

That dog's a good dog.

Here's something good for the soul.

Tuesday, October 3

: Hey guys.

: Hey, thanks for coming.

: Come on, you know I wouldn't miss being here for you. Hey, great job on the lantern! It's so beautiful.

: Thanks. Goon helped a lot.

: Here it goes, I guess...

Game: There is a moment of silence, and then Alice begins singing a mournful jazz song. She can barely hold back her tears toward the end.

: Goodbye, Lulu... you were the best dog a girl could ever have...

: I knew that song would be beautiful.

: Heh, thanks, but I couldn't even sing it clearly.

: I think it came out loud and clear.

: Aww, Goon... Thank you all for being here. I'm really glad we had this little ceremony...

: Anytime.

: No problem!

: You can always count us.

Rest in peace, Lulu.

Well, I recorded a bit too much footage, I'll continue this on later.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
The most surprising thing is that apparently Aya was ever looking for something as responsible as "A Job".

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
This is the same graveyard that ghost Mozart went all ghost Mozart in, right?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

loving help the girl up, goon. gently caress's sake man. I know we're not on her route but you don't need to be a dick.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

: Sure, I guess...

: We're having a bit of a problem with this lab.

: ...Again.

I don't remember running into this on our run, but Shira Oka generally blends into a blurry mess for me at this point. I've got like 13 loops done, I can't keep this too straight.

: I see...

: See, we had to re-do this lab from last week, but we're not sure what to add next to start the reaction.

: ...And not blow anything up this time.

Game: You look over the lab instructions and check their work.

: Oh, you're almost done! You just need to add the water.

: Oh, that's it? I shoulda known that.

Game: She measures and pours water into the test tube.

: Ooh, it's changing color! How pretty!

This is what makes me think this is our first time seeing this event as Goon. I think the text is slightly different if it's not your first time seeing this.

Saturday, October 15

: Is it true you've been skulking around in the cemetery with Rena and Kazuki lately?

: Yes, actually. We were looking at the unmarked graves.

: I would love to go see that cemetery, myself.

: Why is that?

: Well, cemeteries are rare in Japan, aren't they? Ones like the ones where I'm from, anyway. I hear that they're entirely different from their US counterparts. After all, most people get cremated here, right? So the graves would most certainly be different.

: I thought you would say that.

: Teehee! So what do you say, Goon? Are you buys?

Last time we were at a cemetery with Alice, things got interesting. And uh, this first year again has been a bit dull.

: I would love to.

: Great! Let's get going!

: This is it.

: We aren't even inside and it's beautiful already! It's not like an American cemetery. Those are all spooky an dark and full of sad old monuments. They're both beautiful and nice in their own way, but this is just a whole new experience.

: So... where are these unmarked graves?

: We only found one, but I can show you where it is.

Game: You lead Alice to the gravestone you had located with Rena and Kazuki earlier.

: Wow...

: Kazuki thinks he can make or obtain a solution to make it readable again.

: Oh, I see. How interesting.

Game: She glances at it a moment.

: It doesn't seem that bad in places.

Game: She stoops down before the gravestone. Lifting a hand, she places it against the surface, rubbing it about.

: Is something wrong, Alice?

: I... don't think so. Something just felt strange. It made me really uneasy for a moment. It was like there waws a deep sadness inside of it. Silly really. Don't worry about it. It's just...

; It's just what?

Game: Renaa appears, carrying flowers in her arms.

: Oh, hi, Rena!

: I'm making up greetings today. Did that one sound good?

: It was interesting.

: So what are you two doing here?

: Alice wanted to see the cemetery, so I brought her here.

: He was so kind as to bring me! I'm sure he had all sorts of important things to do today but he brought me along all the same.

I actually have no clue to do with our time beside raise our stats.

: How do you know it's a he?

: He just feels like one!

My money's on it being a dude too. Not sure if this chain ever confirms Zombie Mozart, but I suspect it is.

: So how is Kazuki coming along?

: Oh, yes. I'd like to know about that too.

: He tested it in his shower and he said it removed the lime in there without damaging the tile, so he thinks it could work. But he has to get it approved by the funeral director or whoever runs the cemetery first, though.

Game: With that, she leans down, and places the bouquet of flowers on the grave. Folding her hands a moment, she closes her eyes.

: What was that?

: How thoughtful.

: I just wish I knew for sure who was in here. The not knowing is making me crazy!

: Maybe we'll find out soon.

: Maybe! I really hope we can start verifying all this soon. I'm super-curious now too. It's killing me.

I'll be interested in seeing if this event chain has a proper end. Don't think I ever got it.

Wednesday, October 18

: Hey Rena. You look really cheerful today.

: Teehee!

: I don't think so...

: No, I haven't.

: Grr... I have the worst luck, getting stuck with her as my partner for a class presentation. We were supposed to meet this morning to do some last-minute preparations, but I haven't been able to find her anywhere!

: I agree. Even if Kasumi has her own reasons for disliking school, she can't drag other people down with her.

: Yeah, that's very selfish.

: I know! Ugh, I'm going to keep looking. If either of you find her, let me know okay?

Have I mentioned Rena's great lately?

goon, when are you getting your third eye

Game: You look outside and see Kasumi in the garden.

If we left this to Alice, she'd just scream at Kasumi eternally.

Maybe I'll go talk to Kasumi...

: Hello...

: I just saw Alice. She said you guys are doing a presentation together

: *sigh*

: Anything you want to talk about?

: I've jsut been so tied up and depressed lately... I can't even thinking of concentrating on classes right now.

: Alice has been looking for you since this morning.

: *sigh* I know... I couldn't sleep all night, and I ended up falling asleep around 5 a.m. and accidentally slept through the first two periods.

Been there, done that. It's awkward explaining that.

Option #2 is be a dick and being a dick to Kasumi may not be the smartest idea. Option #1 it is.

: Well, you can't just erase yourself from your surrounding whenever you feel like it. People do notice, and they will miss you.

: ...I should go find Alice...

: Hey Alice.

: Thanks for helping me find Kasumi today.

: No problem. How did the presentation go?

: It went surprisingly well. Kasumi actually participated a little, and she even apologised to me afterwards. I can tell that things are kind of rough with Kasumi, so maybe I was a little too had on her too...

: Oh cool, she must have been happy.

: She declined, but she did seem happy.

: Good, I'm glad everything worked out with you guys.

: Me too. It's such a weight off my shoulders...

Looks like progress to me.

Monday, October 30

Oh hey, the person we should've been hanging out with.

: Sure. What's going on?

: Scholastic bowl?

: Yeah. They ask you a lot of trivia and you answer the questions for points.

: Sounds like the perfect contest for you!

: Yes, but I need a partner. It's a duel bowl.

: DId you ask Kazuki?

: Oh.

Not gonna reject a chance to hang out with Suzu.

: Alright, I'll be your partner.

: Really?

: Of course, I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it.

Thursday, November 2

: Sure am.

Goon's confident, huh?

: I hope we do well.

: Me too. We can only hope.

Game: The announcer calls for all teams to be seated, as the bowl was beginning then.

goon, i thought you were good at science

Game: By the time the timer had run out, your team had come up as winners- though mostly due to Suzu.

: Me neither!

well, at least she's not mad about it

Work on the festival finishes up.

Game, 60 science is still decent for Yr2 Sem2. It's like an A.

Ah well, guess the quiz relies on more than Science.

Alright, we've got some XP. I was gonna ask when we had some XP, so let's figure out what to spend this on.

We could invest in stats. Stats are always good to get. Unless you want to invest a ton into Charm for some bizarre reason. Then that's actually pretty questionable, but the base fashion is nice.

Our last XP expenditure was Charmed, but we could still get the final perks here. These just unlock more good outcomes for events, which could mean more XP. Mind you, there's probably a ton of XP still locked up in stat gates, which we could make easier by investing in vital stats.

12 points for Ambitious, 12 points for Focused, 20 points for Encyclopaedic.

Not a formal vote, just tell me if you think anything looks snazzy.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense
I'd go for Focused.

Pine Bamboo Plum
Nov 5, 2009
Focused would be best, I think.

This has been an interesting LP of a game I never knew existed. Even with the amateurish art and Aya, there's a lot about the writing and characters I've been enjoying. I really hope to see Kasumi's path at the end because knowing her fate and now finding all these scenes of her and Goon have been piquing my interest. Can't we just skip Aya? I don't know how that girl can have friends when she's so consistently terrible to them. That science lab scene was the first in a long time with her that didn't have her putting someone down. :mad:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
The LP inspired me to play this before it dropped off the face of the earth entirely, and in my experience the hardest route is the one you wouldn't even think is that hard. Goddamned Naoko! I even had a cycle I was focusing on her turn into a Kiku route at the last second, simply because I had enough Lit for Kiku to like me more than Naoko. Even though I'd gone on zero Kiku dates. I think that's what makes Naoko hard - she doesn't have any stats she likes, as far as I can tell. Everyone else seems to have a lot of affection boosts just from having high stats. Naoko just has going on dates with her and making sure Kazuki likes you. She also doesn't seem to get as many events as the other characters, for whatever reason.

On the non-spoiler side, my mouse hates for all the clicking I had to do. I like what the game was trying to do, but dear god did it need a more competent devteam. Or at least one that could program a skip button into their game focused around a repeating cycle.

Pine Bamboo Plum posted:

Can't we just skip Aya? I don't know how that girl can have friends when she's so consistently terrible to them. That science lab scene was the first in a long time with her that didn't have her putting someone down. :mad:
And just think, she was supposed to be the flagship character. :allears:

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Haifisch posted:

On the non-spoiler side, my mouse hates for all the clicking I had to do. I like what the game was trying to do, but dear god did it need a more competent devteam. Or at least one that could program a skip button into their game focused around a repeating cycle.

This is probably what ultimately killed the game's success

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

We gotta do Aya's route on the way to the Golden Ending. Wish we didn't, but that's how it goes.

Re: Haifisch's spoiler - Didn't really find Naoko too hard, but yeah, it is kind of hard to pin down what she wants. Good fashion + popularity can help a lot with anyone and you'll eventually hit end-game where everyone just kind of... falls in love with you.

I'd say the combo of no skip button + most players needing to fail a loop or two to get started is what killed the game. Combined with the art, it does not make a very good impression and it really starts dragging once you get late.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Take Whatever skill makes playing less painful. A cop out sure, but not like I've got any better ideas.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Section Z posted:

Take Whatever skill makes playing less painful. A cop out sure, but not like I've got any better ideas.

This. You know the game better than we do, so anything that makes your life easier.

I'm kinda looking forward to seeing us do the Aya route, if only out of morbid curiosity. How bad can it possibly get? :suicide:

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015

Section Z posted:

Oh, what the hey, might as well toss in my support for this. But, if you need a solid vote, I'd say memory.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Invest in whatever stat you need

I think our quirks are at a solid point for the next few routes. We should prob get Aya out of the way and then follow her up with Rena since she's apparently ez modo. That should net us enough exp for other quirks without having to suffer dumpster chiq.

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Yeah, definitely whatever makes playing the game easier. I think it's important!

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

We've got tests in a month. Honestly, I'd forgotten we had those. We're a little behind in Lit, but I don't think we're getting any F's this time.

Monday, November 6

: Kasumi?

: Yes...?

: What's going on?

: I was just thinking about... someone. It wasn't anything important.

: I'm very sure. It's nothing to bother me about.

: Oh... alright.

: Well...

: Wait, Kasumi! Do you want to talk?

: ...No...

: Is something wrong, though?

: It just seems like something is wrong.

: Nothing's wrong, didn't you hear...?

: Well, you do know that if anything's wrong, you can tell me, right?

: So sweet of you to offer.

Game: She writes down her number and offers it to you.

: Take it!

: Alright. I'll be sure to call.

: Sure...

Kind of interesting. Wasn't expecting that.

We've got a lot of numbers, huh?

Thursday, November 9

Seriously? We just got her number.

: Sorry, I keep forgetting to talk to you...

: What's going on?

: Well, I guess I just wanted to say thanks for paying attention to me...

: Oh, thanks...

: I'm happy that if I only have one friend, that it's you...

:smith:

Let's call her up.

We're just calling for a chat this time.

goon why are you calling yourself "goon-chan"

: I'm doing pretty well. I bought a new book today.

: Oh? On what?

: European architecture.

: Oh, nice. Where did your interest in architecture come from, anyway?

: Sounds like you really were a curious kid.

: Yeah, I had quite a mind... sometimes even I couldn't keep up with it.

: Yeah.

: I just love the massive scale of architecture. It's hard to explain... It's just comforting to picture myself in front of these beautiful, massive buildings.

: Yeah, you could really feel like an ant next to some things...

: That's kind of depressing.

: I guess...

: It just makes me feel insignificant...

: Well, we're all insignificant, really.

: Hmm?

: I mean, we only really affect such a small part of the world, right? So we're significant in the small areas we affect.

: That's interesting.

: I guess that's why the world is so mixed up sometimes. Lots of different people affecting lots of little areas.

: I never really thought of things that way...

: Yeah... it's interesting to think about.

Goon's certainly got the time to think.

: Well, I think I'm going to go back to reading.

: Okay, bye!

Saturday, November 18

: Hey, Goon-kun! Can I have a minute of your time?

: What's going on, Alice?

: You know that unmarked grave? Well, of course you do, heehee. I want to go back to it.

: Why for?

: Something about it just keeps calling me. I don't know. But it feels so familiar in many ways. But I don't want to go alone. How about it?

: You'll take me there again? Really and truly? Great!

Jeez, that event's been going on for a while.

Monday, November 27

: Yeah?

Well, this is an easy choice.

: Emperor of Japan.

: No way! That is so funny.

: Huh?

: My dad even called me "Little Princess" ...I guess I took it too literally.

: Heh, it's cute when kids come up with such impossible things.

It had a "heh", I had to pick it.

No.

: A royal pain, maybe...

: HEY!

: But I thought the United States has always had presidents, not emperors...

: That's what I thought, too...

Thanks, wiki.

: Isn't that just ridiculous? He WAS kind of a nut, but the town loved him. He even made his own currency, and proposed to Queen Victoria at one point!

: Yes, he must have been crazy...

Goon, you want to be Emperor or something? Would be a pretty rad ending.

: Hey, if he can do that, then I can do that!

: You're not serious, are you?

: Of course I am!

: *sigh* Come on Aya, that guy was crazy.

: You should go for it, Aya.

: Right on! I'll make sure you get to be one of my royal servant,s Lorde!

: Great...

I guess that was an interesting info dump. I'm gonna hate it when I see it for the 5th time though.

Goon has such neat hair. It's kind of dull.

Wednesday, November 29

: Oh, I was hoping I'd run into you!

: Really? What's going on?

: Well, student council is having a bake sale and I wrote a song for it.

: So you want me to listen to it?

: What, really? Me? Why me?

: I wrote it with your voice in my head. There can't be anybody else.

: But I've never sung before.

: Can I hear the song first?

: Of course you can. It's good for you to go up in front of people and try something new.

: Alright. Let's do it.

: Okay, thank you so much! You're going to be awesome. It'll be three weeks from now. We need to get ready.

: Will do.

Hmm, I better work on my music skills this week...

Pretty sure this one isn't linked to Art/Music, it's just a thing we have to devote some time to.

We're good at Science, yeah, yeah. Have we seen this before?

Monday, December 4

Seen this, it's the Secret Santa event. Kind of worth nothing I guess.

And now, we can finally get to practicing some singing.

It's okay. Kind of boring.

Exams drop by, easy enough for us.

Sunday, December 10

Text is pretty much the same until we get to the selection.

Kind of tempted to go the beeswax, but we went for the Christmas ornament. I don't know what's the right choice.

: Oh, an ornament.

: Do you like it?

: It's certainly sparkly! I'm not sure if Naoko has a tree up, but I'm sure she could use it as a decoration or something...

What, is he going to turn a bauble into a disco ball?

Alice calls us up, we've been getting along well with her so this isn't too much of a surprise.

Wednesday, December 13

It's the event where we can make Christmas cards with Rena, Alice and Kiku but this time it's a little different. I'll skip ahead a bit again.

: Yeah, you send them to relatives and friends you haven't seen in a while to let them know that you're doing okay.

: Oh, I'm impressed, Goon!

I think we'd need a perk to remember this, one in the memory line.

: Heh, well, it's a Japanese tradition...

And from here, it's back to normal until we get a bit further ahead.

: No thanks.

: Aww, why not, Goon-kun?

: I'm just not interested.

We've been dragged into too many events and I'd like to spend some time on singing practice. We're going Suzu route anyway so this is something we can cut out.

: Aww, no fun!

: Heehee, it's okay. We'll just have fun without you.

: Heh, alright.

That saves us a day then.

Whoops. Grades at the end of the update.

Bah, the fail's not great either.

Two more days left to practice, but I think we've got this. I was worried for a bit.

Wednesday, December 20

: Oh... where is Goon-kun? I hope he shows up soon. Oh! There you are, Goon-kun! It's the big day.

: It sure is.

: This bake sale is going to do so well! I can tell already. Don't you think?

: Well-

: Me too...

: So how did your practicing go?

: Good! Get all set up then, and start singing! We're going to do fantastic.

: I'll do my best.

Mission success. :toot:

: Oh WOW, Goon-kun! Look at everyone!

: I guess I did well.

: You CERTAINLY did! Oh, Goon-kun, I don't know how to thank you! The bake sale's going to be a huge success.

: I'm glad I could hlep.

I'm kind of glad that didn't have any art requirements.

Thursday, December 21

Huh, is this the first time we've been congratulated for doing well in the science exams?

Uh-oh...

: Will you help me study then? Please, please?

: Why me?

: Well...alright.

No point saying no, she never studies so she'll never bug us.

: Yay! Awesome, I can't wait to copy your-

Can I get Hiroshi back?

Friday, December 22

Kasumi and Suzu are talking about some science test, but this time, we actually got a good mark. So, this talk goes a little different.

: Very well.

: I see...

: Everyone's talking about how good you did.

: How well.

: Yes. How well.

: I haven't heard this.

: Well, no

From here, it just branches back to the normal conversation, seen it, skipped.

Our grades are still okay. We can afford about 8 F's in one run, I think. So we'd need to fail Science or Sports to get a reset because of that.

I think the required Science/Sports for a D in the final exam is 60 too, we'd basically have to do no Science/Sports until then to get an F.

That means a reset due to grades is no longer a threat this run.

I got Focused. I'm not sure why, I just did. If we get some XP from an ending, we'll be a bit better next loop anyway.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
From my own run, Naoko actually seems to like the beeswax most. Not that it matters a whole hell of a lot on a Suzu run.

Also, you get an astonishing amount of leeway with your grades, as this set of grades from my final run shows. I didn't get a talking-to by Satsuko until that second all-B exam, and still got away with another one afterwards. Keeping Fashion and Popularity as dump stats makes it really, really hard to do poorly enough to get sent back.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Huh, that's really weird. I'd heard it was around 8-9, but I guess I've never checked.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

How many points do we need to max out our quirks? We only have two left so we might as well, we're committed at this point.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I can't think of any school bake sale that doesn't at the very least sell out of rice crispy squares. It's going to be okay Alice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

32 points to max out quirks. Encyclopedic is 20, Ambitious is also 12, I think.

Also, I don't remember getting rice crispies at my school. :(: